PDA

View Full Version : INSANITY!!!

DarkestLight
29th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Anyone here working out actively? If so, what is your workout regimen. Is it moreso cardio, or strength training? Do you rely more on body resistance or have alot of weights. Gym membership or stay at home type of working out.

I am starting Month 2 of INSANITY...and I'm gonna kill this dude if he dun stop screaming at me. But I'll be done on Xmas, so that's my present to myself.

So ya? Wha about you?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th November 2012, 04:10 AM
I have a gym membership but I'm taking a pause because of stress. I know, going to gym partially helps to cope with stress, but it just does not fit my current schedule. I was in a habit of going there early every Monday morning in one phase.

But once snow claims its rightful place in my area, I'll be outside again. Should happen shortly according to the weather forecasts. Love the beautiful sights in snowy forests.

RedStarWarrior
30th November 2012, 06:20 AM
I'm about to start a work out schedule. I haven't really been working out for the past couple of months. I hurt my back sleeping wrong and so I haven't really been able to.

CaptainJigglypuff
30th November 2012, 06:52 AM
I do Tang Soo Do, a form of Korean martial arts, at least twice a week. Been doing it for nearly two years now.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th November 2012, 07:49 AM
唐手道

Tang Dynasty Hand Way? Is that the same as Chuck Norris?

RedStarWarrior
30th November 2012, 07:52 AM
I do Tang Soo Do, a form of Korean martial arts, at least twice a week. Been doing it for nearly two years now.

I did TKD instead.

Magmar
30th November 2012, 10:00 AM
I do some cardio (not much) but focus more on weights that I may eventually look like a lumberjack.

No really. I have a weightlifting game. I play it while I watch Judge Judy on the DVR.

I do all these sets of specific motions with 20 pound weights (about 3-4 cycles) and when a cycle ends, I do 25 crunches. First commercial break: first break to fast forward. Then there's a shorter segment (about 2 full cycles), break to fast forward, 1 cycle, fast forward, 1-2 cycles, change episode. I go for 2 episodes or about 45 minutes.

Yes, my endorphins are released as a result of crazy freeweight exercise combined with Judge Judy screaming her head off at hoodlums!

When I go to the gym I mostly do resistance training, since I own a bench press and otherwise when I need more weight, do curls and stuff with those weights instead.

I occasionally go jogging and used to do cardio kickboxing... I was really good at it, but stopped when I graduated from university in 2011.

Lady Vulpix
30th November 2012, 10:35 AM
I do yoga twice a week, and walk around a bit. I don't really do a lot of excercise, just enough to stay healthy.

MToolen
30th November 2012, 11:56 AM
I'm one of those despised people who eats whatever they want, never exercises, and never gains weight. I mean, I get enough walking in through work and general errands, and I try not to snack too much (due to not having an unlimited food budget) and stick to more natural products, but I do no calorie-counting or organized exercise.

DarkestLight
30th November 2012, 02:39 PM
Im the same in terms of metabolic perfection, Mtoolen. I never needed to work out. Im jus doing it to see what can happen when I do. Its kinda nuts really..

Blademaster
30th November 2012, 02:44 PM
As a kid I did tae kwon do.

As a teen I did karate.

As an adult I sit on 4chan all day.

Oslo
30th November 2012, 03:25 PM
There was a golden period (of only like four months, lolol) in my second year when I was super-diligent about hitting up the gym. That's not so much the case anymore, but I'm going to do my best to give it another go when I start up school again in January. I'm skinny but there's an obvious difference between being skinny and being fit, so I'd like to give it another try.

Of course, the gym in January is the most horrible place to be in the world so we'll see how that works out. :/ The crowds. Ugh.

Telume
1st December 2012, 09:51 AM
I basically walk everywhere, the only exception is when I have to go to work since I have to walk through the hood to get there.

Other than that: WALK. ALL. THE. MILES.

DarkestLight
1st December 2012, 10:14 AM
^QFT. When I grew up in the city, we walked EVERYWHERE. I seriously never took a train or a bus unless the weather was really bad. School. Work. Didn't matter. Mama friggin made me walk everywhere. Helped with the running though. Sucks now that I need a damn car :/

Telume
1st December 2012, 10:29 AM
I wish I could literally walk some places, but they're so dangerous that you'd get shot if you're not from around there.

Like Overtown.

Blademaster
1st December 2012, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that I walk a lot at least 3 days a week... That must help, I guess.

I remember when I was in college how I'd walk all around the campus, constantly humming and bopping my head to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmP3UHXYi28) catchy little tune... One day some other no-lifer musta recognized it because he joined in for a bit. That was a good day.

Little_Pikachu
2nd December 2012, 07:15 AM
I was doing Zumba pretty regularly until a few weeks ago, I got a cold so I took a week off and now I'm on vacation.
I find classes work best for me, it helps to have someone telling you what you should be doing to get the best workout and someone to keep pushing you right to the end. I did Jiu jitsu for over 2 years, but I kept getting injured too much, but I find that sort of environment works much better for me than just going to the gym and doing as much as I fancy (which usually isn't much!).

RedStarWarrior
2nd December 2012, 06:43 PM
I was doing Zumba pretty regularly until a few weeks ago, I got a cold so I took a week off and now I'm on vacation.
I find classes work best for me, it helps to have someone telling you what you should be doing to get the best workout and someone to keep pushing you right to the end. I did Jiu jitsu for over 2 years, but I kept getting injured too much, but I find that sort of environment works much better for me than just going to the gym and doing as much as I fancy (which usually isn't much!).

Yeah, I definitely like to at least have a partner with me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd December 2012, 05:53 AM
One of my friends got some sort of an injury in almost every P.E. class back in school. Another classmate called him Kenny.

I have never got a single push-up or chin-up in my life.

Oh yes and Bomb-Omb Battlefield is an energy tune.