4th May 2003, 05:30 PM
First, I want to see about my moveset here:

Sceptile (F) @ Scope Lense
+ Attack, - Speed
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Crunch/???
Screech/Roar/Safeguard

Well, luckily I can breed for a new personality. I don't know if it could effect outcomes much, but for now, this is what I have on the drawing board. I have massive attack. Well, actually, no, but I have more attack than Special Attack. Ick. Leaf Blade is good for STAB, Earthquake runs off attacks and ruins Fire Types. Crunch is a nice move, but I'm really not sure that I want it. If Sceptile could get Rock Slide it would be nice, but I dunno. Screech would be good if I had Rock Slide, Roar is a nice psuedohazy goodness, plus most people don't bust out a Cradily as their first pokemon. Safeguard could pseudopass, but I see Sceptile as more of a quick starter to rack up some quick hits.

THen, I want to know how to get onto RSBot.

I've heard that you connect to "mediadriven" and go to channel "rsbot" but I dunno. Also, how do you connect to mediadriven and what is the channel. A quick walkthrough would be nice.

Thanx in advance!

Don't Run With Scizors
4th May 2003, 05:49 PM
Well, RSbot isn't up at the moment, I'm afraid. You can see a few features in action (like inputting teams and such), but that's it.

But when it does come up...

1) Get mIRC (www.mirc.com)

2) Tell it to connect to 216.152.65.156 (MediaDriven's IP address), on port 6667. (You can accomplish this by typing /server 216.152.65.156 6667 in the main window, though it gets tedious after awhile and you'll want it to fire up automatically.)

3) Enter channel #rsarena, and double-click on @rsbot in the names listing (if it's there).

4) Try typing stuff like "help" (minus the quotes, of course) in the rsbot window.

EDIT: Apparently, RSbot has moved to #rsarena. #battlearena is the home of the GSbots.