PDA

View Full Version : Happy Politically-Correct Pro-Consumerism December Festival Day!

Blademaster
25th December 2012, 12:52 AM
Since we do stuff on Christmas Eve more than on Christmas itself (Getting up early is evil.) and thus I'm still awake from too much sugar and hot cocoa, I figured I'd get the obligatory thread up here.

Tell us what you got, what you ate, the performance of any miracles worth mentioning, yadayadayada.

If you celebrate Kwanzaa instead, go away.

Lady Vulpix
25th December 2012, 10:50 AM
This thread is not politically correct. It's summer here. I didn't celebrate anything last night, but my mom brought her boyfriend for dinner, and they ate baked beef and burnt potatoes and onions while I ate noodle stew, which was fortunately not burnt.

Then I tended to my dogs while there were fireworks around and my noisy neighbours were shouting, I played some Pokemon, then it started raining and I was glad because that meant the fireworks would stop and my dogs could finally relax.

Then I tried to sleep, but it was too hot, so it took me a while to achieve it.

Oslo
25th December 2012, 04:59 PM
Sleeping in until 2 pm was the best Christmas present I could have given myself. <3

Blademaster
25th December 2012, 07:34 PM
This thread is not politically correct. It's summer here.

Fixed. May the FCC have mercy on me for this grievous error.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th December 2012, 09:35 PM
(Getting up early is evil.)

I woke up at 4:00 AM once again.

Yesterday, I ate traditional Christmas food. Finnish traditional Christmas food, of course. It includes for instance ham, salmon, Christmas bread, rice porridge. Played Super Mario Galaxy, Soul Calibur V and Final Fantasy IX. Arranged a piece of music with a friend.

Dark Sage
26th December 2012, 06:47 AM
I celebrated Christmas yesterday, Blade.

And I think people who take political correctness too far with the name should change their name to "Scrooge".

RedStarWarrior
26th December 2012, 07:30 AM
$900 Russian diver watch. That was my priciest gift.

Dark Sage
26th December 2012, 08:31 AM
I'll tell you how I celebrated Christmas.

My brother, sister-in-law, and four-year-old niece Sofia came over. We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner - seafood and linguini - exchanged gifts and all that.

But what stood out was Sofia and I watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I'm sure you remember that. Among the Peanuts specials, it's one of my favorites. You know the plot. Charlie Brown is upset about how commercial Christmas has become, a sentiment that his "friends" don't seem to share. He tries to do something right, only for everyone to laugh at him.

He's at the point of giving up, and if you know Charlie Brown, then you know that's serious. Charlie Brown is the type of guy who never gives up, no matter how much he fails. He simply doesn't understand what Christmas means.

Then Linus explains it to him. And it all makes sense.

Schulz was a genius, and his ideas lasted longer than a lot of others. I mean, Charlie Brown picked the one real tree out of a lot full of aluminum trees. Do you ever see aluminum trees at Christmas anymore these days?

God, I miss the man so much...

Magmar
26th December 2012, 08:38 AM
I LOVE the Charlie Brown Christmas special! I can't stand the Clay-mation ones... Clay animation makes me uncomfortable for some reason lol.

Christmas Eve was with my family... we're off-the-boat Italians so it was seven fishes. YUM! Unfortunately due to my being gluten-free that meant I couldn't eat most things. I feasted on snail salad, spread cheese ball on slices of other cheese, and had scallops wrapped in bacon. Mmmmm!

Christmas morning was with my family again. Carbalicious breakfast, so boyfriend and I brought veggies and hummus to "share" (aka eat to our faces) but instead ate cheese and did shots of blackberry brandy with my grandfather, a Christmas tradition indeed.

Christmas dinner was with his family.. which was a big change!!!! It was a lot of fun though. My bf's cousin has an adorable 1-year-old daughter who is so well-behaved it's like a Christmas miracle in and of itself lol. It was a nice change from being around all the noisy kids in my family. I mostly hung out with his aunts and kept my eye on the weather because my immediate family all lives where that tornado outbreak yesterday was. Fortunately all is well.

Blademaster
27th December 2012, 01:10 AM
I celebrated Christmas yesterday, Blade.

And I think people who take political correctness too far with the name should change their name to "Scrooge".

Sigh.

I'm glad you had a nice holiday, Brian. No, that isn't passive aggression: I really am. Everyone deserves to have a nice holiday.

But for your sake more than mine, I really wish you'd take the stick out of your ass and get a sense of humor. The ostentatious title of this thread is parodic; I had hoped by making it seven words long (as well as the fact that it was Blade "Fuckpoliticalcorrectness" Master posting it) that the satire would be obvious to anyone reading it, even non-native English speakers.

Also Charlie Brown ain't got shit on the Grinch... the animated one, I mean. The Jim Carrey one I don't care about. But you don't mess with Mr. Grinch.

Dark Sage
28th December 2012, 09:36 AM
Also Charlie Brown ain't got shit on the Grinch... the animated one, I mean. The Jim Carrey one I don't care about. But you don't mess with Mr. Grinch.

Yes, I'm a big fan of that one too.

Lady Vulpix
28th December 2012, 10:58 AM
But for your sake more than mine, I really wish you'd take the stick out of your ass and get a sense of humor. The ostentatious title of this thread is parodic; I had hoped by making it seven words long (as well as the fact that it was Blade "Fuckpoliticalcorrectness" Master posting it) that the satire would be obvious to anyone reading it, even non-native English speakers.Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm a non-native English speaker and I got it. But I've long since stopped believing in the possibility of something being obvious for everyone.

Magmar
28th December 2012, 11:16 AM

YES, the Grinch is a timeless classic!! Again, I love the animated specials, but I just can't do the claymation stuff. (I adore Wallace & Gromit though... just again not the Christmas ones.)

classy_cat18
28th December 2012, 11:23 AM
I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and played Sonic CD. Another memorable Christmas!

Dark Sage
28th December 2012, 12:11 PM
I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and played Sonic CD. Another memorable Christmas!

Lol. Chevy Chase couldn't do anything good after he left SNL but star in movies that fall into the category of "So Unfunny They're Funny".

Little_Pikachu
28th December 2012, 01:35 PM
Nothing much special happened with me, I spent most the day at my parents house since my boyfriend went to work, in between drinking and responding to his whingy facebook messages with "if you're going to volunteer to do it, don't complain about it" we were just watching TV and the likes. Honestly, not much special.
As for presents... See attached. My family and friends know me so well.

Blademaster
28th December 2012, 05:21 PM
Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm a non-native English speaker and I got it.

I inferred that from your initial response. Dry, sarcastic, subtle. Very well done, m'Lady. :yes:

YES, the Grinch is a timeless classic!! Again, I love the animated specials, but I just can't do the claymation stuff. (I adore Wallace & Gromit though... just again not the Christmas ones.)

I actually got How The Grinch Stole Christmas on DVD last year. My favorite holiday special ever, right alongside A Christmas Story.

Also if claymation stuff creeps you out, then you probably shouldn't watch this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wp9-MfENdc)