PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gifts

Andrew
25th December 2012, 06:31 PM
Wanna list what you gave and what you got?

Please avoid listing every stupid thing you may have given/revieved. Noone cares about that pack of M&Ms in the Christmas Stocking.

Blademaster
25th December 2012, 07:33 PM
Not everything has come yet. Gimme a couple of more days.

I did get a sweet new blanket though. It's Mario Kart-themed.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th December 2012, 09:25 PM
I gave some chocolate away and received some candles.

But today I'll go to my mother's place and there will be more presents.

ChobiChibi
26th December 2012, 05:53 AM
I didn't get a lot, but I got a new towel (I genuinely asked for one and it's really soft >>) And the Great British Bake Off recipe book. I'm making gingerbread today.

Worst present? My car's clutch went last night on the way home from the bf's house. Literally only got 5 minutes from his house lol. Festive call to the RAC this morning. Excellent. Could have been worse, like on the hill on the way home, or on the motorway...

Otherwise, christmas was lovely. Hope everyone else had a good day too :)

Magmar
26th December 2012, 09:46 AM
Not everything has come yet. Gimme a couple of more days.

I did get a sweet new blanket though. It's Mario Kart-themed.

Excellent! If you want to exchange Wii IDs, we can race each other!

I got some wonderful TARDIS-themed swag from my boyfriend and some other cool gadgets like a Galilean thermometer, as well as lots of practical things such as three pairs of sweatpants. He also stocked me up with racy undergarments... Well played, Magmar's boyfriend, well played :D

I gave him more or less things for us, like an ice cream maker, two memory foam pillows, and an 8 quart crock pot (ham! roast! ROAST HAM), and less practical things for his manly pleasure such as the new Need for Speed game and Shaolin Soccer... also a new hoodie from LL Bean, which is his favorite store since he's a lumberjack and chops wood all day while I sip frozen drinks and watch actually he's the administrator for a center at a local university and lives in the city where there are no choppable trees BUT I CAN PRETEND. Spending Christmas with him was the best thing to happen to me all year. I love him... and I'll stop talking about it now XD

I gave my 3-year-old cousins the Air Swimmer inflatable shark :D can't wait to see that thing in action! I'm also arranging for a bicycle with training wheels to arrive for my brother in kindergarten... He really wanted it but my family couldn't afford it, so I figured since they live so far away I can wait and see what he still wanted in the end, then make up the difference with whatever gift cards & such he got.

I got my roommates two new bath towels each... and gave silly bonus gifts such as a box of chocolate-covered cherries from the dollar store, a book with 642 writing prompts for my nanowrimo-savvy roomie, and a wall decoration with a clam on it. I didn't do much for friends & other relatives otherwise... a set of margarita glasses here and a tie there, more or less.

Perfect Chaos
26th December 2012, 10:00 AM
Parents: Fossil wallet and keyring combo plus a gift card

Other random relatives: Nivea Energize pack, random credit card/cash case protector and some cologne, body was combo as well

Not sure I'm gonna receive anything else in the mail in the days to come. I SHOULD, but dunno if its gonna happen or not :\

Knight of Time
26th December 2012, 10:08 AM
I got my mom a pair of earrings with real gold in them that were around 70 to 75% off one day (their original price was nearly $130 CAD) at the local Sears store, that day also happened to be the only day they were on sale, so I was glad I bought them then, I got my brother a Wii game he wanted, and I also gave him tickets to see Randy Bachman next year (the tickets were actually for the three of us, but he wants to see this guy more than anything as he is a fan of The Guess Who and Bachman-Turner Overdrive)...as for gifts I received, I got a slew of DVDs (nearly 50 in total), a deck of The Legend of Zelda themed playing cards (they came from Japan, but they're still an official Nintendo product), a Super Mario themed calendar for 2013, Mario Kart 7 (since I got a 3DS XL back in November), a few books, some cash, a $100 gift card for Chapters/Indigo (the book chain), some clothes, etc. In a nutshell, Christmas was quite good to me.

Oslo
26th December 2012, 12:02 PM
Money and scarves.

Cferra
26th December 2012, 10:03 PM
New Super Mario Bros 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kirby Mass Attack, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, a bunch of money and gift cards, 40 bucks worth of Nintendo 3DS card points. some clothes, a jump drive and the Doctor Who tv movie. The cards will be used to buy some more Doctor Who dvds and Animal Crossing 3DS.

DarkestLight
26th December 2012, 11:31 PM
:/...<.<...Does it count if you gave yourself the gift?

Crystal Mew
26th December 2012, 11:38 PM
I got:
a new ipod touch
clothes
books
a purse

I gave:
my sister plane tickets
pictures I took
clothes

classy_cat18
27th December 2012, 12:06 AM
I got a new purse, a Roll Tide T-shirt, $200 in cash, a $25 Visa gift card, a 32" HDTV, HD channels, a Blu-Ray player, Thor and Legend of the Guardians on Blu-Ray, a set of bowls, a set of blue bracelets, and chocolate.

Cash was used for 1600 Microsoft points, Cowboy Bebop on DVD, Steins;Gate on Blu-Ray/DVD, and the rest will be saved for a new bookcase.

Oh, and I cleaned my room for Mom. That was one hell of a job.

Blademaster
27th December 2012, 01:00 AM
Excellent! If you want to exchange Wii IDs, we can race each other!

...Have I never given that thing out? Holy crap.

Someone remind me to do this tomorrow during the day when he's awake. Ain't nobody playing Mario Kart at 2am.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th December 2012, 04:07 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/Peitto_zps72d7adc1.png

Blademaster
28th December 2012, 04:55 PM
WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY REMIND ME?!

ChobiChibi
28th December 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure if you're showing off the candle or the blanket, but OMG THERE'S A MAGMAR ON THE BLANKET.

Send him a PM Blade XD

Magmar
29th December 2012, 02:28 PM
Oi, Blade! PM me! :D

ChobiChibi
29th December 2012, 02:53 PM
Um, why don't have either of you on Mario Kart? CRIME.

Leafeon
29th December 2012, 09:51 PM
i got shirts, some dvd sets, laptop case, 3ds, ted, a pretty necklace

Blademaster
31st December 2012, 12:39 AM
I should have clarified: WHen I said 'Remind me.,' I meant to do it at a time when I'm usually on TPM.

Which is around 11pm-1am EST these days kthnxbye.

Becky
31st December 2012, 01:37 AM
Brian and I have a yearly tradition. Each year during Christmas season, we purchase an ornament, usually Swarovski, that list the year. This year we happened to be in Disney World for a conference, so Brian ordered a custom wedding themed ornament with our names and wedding date on it.

Listing out all my family and friends would take too long--Christmas is a big deal for me-- so here's what Brian got and what I got from each other:

Brian got:
Pokemon Conquest
Professor Layton game for 3Ds
Tales of the Abyss 3Ds
PokePark 2 game for Wii
Handheld back massager
Adjustable back support cushion for his work chair
Family Guy trivia box
Plush Brian of Family Guy who says funny things when you press the button
"Damn you, Autocorrect!" Board game
Most important: new Coach wallet

I may have left things out.

For Becky:
Imported Pikachu figure
VS- luminous touch spray
VS- luminous touch body wash
Movie: The Campaign (saw in theaters and loved)
Movie: Ted (saw in theaters and loed)
Ted soundtrack
VS 'Supermodel essential' white hoodie with gold angel wings on the back and wing clasp in the front
VS Bombshell Sparkle gift set
Lingerie that I won't speak about here!
Entire Atelier Iris games 1,2, and 3 for PS2, all new in box
Squirrel Whisperer shirt and mug

I may have left things out. We have nice Christmases. I love my sweetie.

Heald
31st December 2012, 12:10 PM
Sup.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc252/kingheald/photo-1_zps8af3e815.jpg

Featured in photo:

British Lions vintage rugby top. British Lions will be touring Australia in 2013.

FIFA 13 for PS3. A great year to be a footie fan.

Bottle of vintage port. Currently resisting temptation to open.

Snakeskin hip-flask. See below item.

Glenfiddich. Have failed to resist temptation to open.

MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash pyjama pants. Very comfortable, extreme levels of swag. Guaranteed to make the wearer 20% cooler.

I have great family and friends.

CaptainJigglypuff
31st December 2012, 01:05 PM
All I got was an iHome clock with iPod dock and a Crock Pot. I really don't ask for much for Christmas or my birthday because most of the things I'd like I can easily save up and buy myself. Unless it's money. I'll never refuse money from someone I'm close to and know very well unless I know it is a bit too much and I feel I shouldn't be given that amount. I'm talking around $20 to $100 at most. If it's one of my dad's friends that I don't know too well, I'll just tell them I don't need it because it seems weird to accept money from someone I barely know.

ChobiChibi
2nd January 2013, 01:33 PM
I can't believe how awesome my friends on TPM are.

My post of "I didn't get a lot" came before I received 3 parcels. And remembered about a certain ticket I've been given >>

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/DSCF0652_zps15bdf02a.jpg

The jewellery box at the back is from Crystal Tears. OH BUT IT'S NOT JUST ANY JEWELLERY BOX. It's a musical box. It plays a happy tune every time I open it :3
The Zekrom and Reshiram are from Shadow Wolf. Omg I died of happiness this morning when the post lady woke me up X3 It's not just that, but the sweetest card he wrote to me, with a hamster in a wine glass on the front XD
Paul and The IT Crowd are from Weasel Overlord. I watched Paul already, just spent the entire time thinking Simon Pegg was Heald XD

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/52E406CC-A2FA-42AE-8470-25653C6E05CF-387-0000002C058B2D33.jpg?t=1357153760
This beautiful ticket is from Samchu :D EEEEE WE MIGHT GET TO MEET NOBOU UMEATSU EEEEEEEEEEEE. *fangirl swoon*

Bonus pics time! Pumpkin in a wine glass:
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/Pumpkin_zps1d629797.jpg
It doesn't work...

"QUICK BECKI GET PUMPKIN RIDING THE POKEMON!" Didn't quite work, but doesn't she look menacing?
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/DSCF0651_zps021e9587.jpg

mvtm
3rd January 2013, 08:28 PM
I gave this plane to my ex-boyfriend who is a pilot:
Truth be told- he hasn't allowed me to see him. But i hope due in time to be able to give him his present:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/315/f/f/pan_am_by_mvtm-d5kohrv.jpg

Received:
I received many stuff. But this was my favorite one, the one that i gifted to myself. A North Face Backpack

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8355/8315910546_558c796abc_c.jpg

Jeff
3rd January 2013, 08:52 PM
iPad Mini from my parents. Wii U for the family (add me! I'm IslanderJeff02). Also, not a Christmas present, but I got myself a new laptop since I've been needing one, and my mom suggested that I'd be able to get a good deal on one (ended up getting about 20% off). Other than that, mostly clothes.

PNT510
10th January 2013, 10:09 PM
My parents paid to have my car fixed a few weeks before Christmas and a friend of mine got me the complete James Bond collection on Blu Ray.

firepokemon
19th January 2013, 08:14 PM
Gay shorts Heald.

I had to get a fucking job and join the real world. Nooooooooooo I wanted to be a poor motherfucker forever.

Heald
20th January 2013, 06:19 AM
Gay shorts Heald.

I had to get a fucking job and join the real world. Nooooooooooo I wanted to be a poor motherfucker forever.
They're pyjamas mutha fucka and they're swag as fuck.

Welcome back you beautiful man.

shazza
20th January 2013, 07:09 AM
I got a boomerang from my step mother. She thought it would be a great exercise to venture to parks and boomerang the boomerang (is she implying I have no friends to chuck a ball with). I went out the back yesterday and threw it rather forcefully, and it went around the corner out of sight. I could no longer find it. I think it went over the neighbour's fence. Now I have to talk to them. Fuck 2013.