PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate?

Kumori
22nd January 2013, 10:32 AM
I hate everything asdfghjkl. Especially Twilight, Justin Bieber, One Direction and Thursdays.

Also, why do you hate these things?
For Twilight, I hate it because it gives vampires a bad name. The Twilight vampires are practically fairies, for all I care...
Justin Bieber is secretly a girl and the fanbase is so ugh... Some guy in a car on my way home today was blaring "Baby", so I flipped him off.
One Direction is a bunch of gay guys stealing songs and the fanbase is again really ugh...
And Thursdays dammit are the goddamn annoying days when you're just wishing it was Friday :<

DarkestLight
22nd January 2013, 02:19 PM
This...
I'ma have to get back to you on this, I have alot to vent about when it comes to hating things. #hateradenationleader

Kumori
22nd January 2013, 02:28 PM
I hate DL for stealing the first post in McDonphan's :<

classy_cat18
22nd January 2013, 02:53 PM
I hate Taco Bell for jacking up prices.
Walmart for doing big hiring drives for the holidays and still only having half of the cash registers open (if I'm lucky).
Sallie Mae for trying to squeeze blood from a stone. If you want money from me, help me find a job so I'll have some in the first place! They also talk to callers like they don't want to deviate from their little script.
Aniplex of America for their prices. If you're an anime fan, you know what I'm talking about.

Dark Sage
22nd January 2013, 04:54 PM
In hate incredibly negative people.

Sadly, that seems to include most people these days...

P.S. Seriously, Cat, if you don't like Taco Bell, you're really better off not going there. The only popular fast food place I can think of that's even worse for your health is KFC.

Zak
22nd January 2013, 05:25 PM
I hate feminazis.

...Will list more later. Yes that is the first thing I thought of, judge away.

Dark Sage
22nd January 2013, 05:44 PM
I hate feminazis.

...Will list more later. Yes that is the first thing I thought of, judge away.

I rarely say this so strongly about a person, one guy I hate (no, come to think of it, "loath" and "despise" are better words) is Rush Limbaugh, the guy who coined that term.

A bigot and chauvenist who doesn't even have enough qualifications to be a Congressional page, yet someone who, for some reason, believes he is an expert on politics.

I have no idea why his timeslot is when it is, when many people are having breakfast. Whenever I go into a cafe where the jerkass is on, I lose my appetite.

classy_cat18
22nd January 2013, 06:14 PM
P.S. Seriously, Cat, if you don't like Taco Bell, you're really better off not going there. The only popular fast food place I can think of that's even worse for your health is KFC.

People think everything is unhealthy these days. Even milk. Which is why I hate soy milk; no matter how healhy it's supposed to be, it's still nasty.

Screw good health. As long as I don't die of "gross black boob death" it's alright.

Zak
22nd January 2013, 06:15 PM
Okay, I also hate... whenever after hearing someone use a slang term, someone else takes it upon themselves to point out the origin of it, as if it's supposed to reflect something.

Dark Sage
22nd January 2013, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry Zak, but Limbaugh calling women "Nazis" for standing up for themselves was an extreme case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And Cat... Uh, I'm not sure I know what "gross black boob death" is, but please, don't tell me, I'm not sure I want to know.

Zak
22nd January 2013, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry Zak, but Limbaugh calling women "Nazis" for standing up for themselves was an extreme case of the pot calling the kettle black.

And Cat... Uh, I'm not sure I know what "gross black boob death" is, but please, don't tell me, I'm not sure I want to know.

Yeah, but my point was that you were inferring that because he was the supposed original/first user of that word, all other people who say it mean the same thing, or are just like Rush.

That's like saying that because Hitler invented the Volkswagon, all people who drive one are aspiring to be him.

Blademaster
22nd January 2013, 08:08 PM
There's a lot I dislike, but I don't think there's anything I actually HATE...

One thing that comes close is Scouts that take Teleporters in TF2. Fuck those impatient jumpy little bastards.

Dark Sage
22nd January 2013, 08:14 PM
That's like saying that because Hitler invented the Volkswagon, all people who drive one are aspiring to be him.

That is a myth, Zak. Hitler's involvment in inventing the Volkswagon consisted of making one suggestion to the people who designed it, nothing more. It was a practical suggestion, yes, but he hardly had much role in designing the blueprints.

Roy Karrde
22nd January 2013, 08:18 PM
BACK to the topic...

I do agree with Zak in that I cannot stand militant feminist, we as a country and culture have evolved so much that, that type of feminism is more akin to sexism under the defense of trying to advance a cause.

I also cannot stand conspiracy theorists in terms of a massive tragedy, things like the 9/11 Conspiracy theorists and the Sandy Hook theorists just irk me to no end.

I also cannot stand flamboyant political commentary, that may surprise many but I cannot sit through people like Limbaugh, Hannity, Olbermann, or Mathews. Honestly I have more respect for Rachel Mathews than I do for Hannity or Limbaugh as she seems to be a bit more restrained.

Oslo
22nd January 2013, 08:38 PM
Public transit during rush hour! D: OMG SO CROWDED AHHHH.

BTPoke
22nd January 2013, 09:52 PM
I also cannot stand conspiracy theorists in terms of a massive tragedy, things like the 9/11 Conspiracy theorists and the Sandy Hook theorists just irk me to no end.

On a related note, I hate my brother right now for actually BELIEVING that sandy hook conspiracy crap.
Even worse is that he started pushing it on me, attempting to make ME believe it.

I also hate those 8-10 year olds you see on the internet that come along and start thinking they know everything. That's probably a common annoyance, but I just felt like bringing it up. xD

classy_cat18
22nd January 2013, 10:10 PM

Family Guy reference. Talking about breast cancer.

DarkestLight
22nd January 2013, 10:39 PM
To start:

I hate bunnies, Peeps and tinsel. I hate insulation and DUI's. I hate most laws actually that base themselves on arbitrary numbers becasue the human race is inadequate in being able to disseminate and analyze a single persons's metabolic functions aside from everyone else to establish if a crime was committed-and instead have to falsify specific guidelines that everyone need follow when everyone is NOT the fucking same!

I hate non footie pajamas unless they're fleece, and I hate oranges because anything you can eat that's also an actual color is silly. Like Flesh and persimmon.

I hate Republican and Democrats and Independants as words and ideologies. They're all dumb, Grow up and get off your political rocker and stop acting like you all fall under one mantle.

Hell, I hate racism, even though I'm an equal opportunity racist who doesn't believe in racism because I don't see things in a color context unless I'm making jokes about it.

I hate being poor, and I would hate being rich too. I hate the concept of money and haw most of civilization needs it to survive in order to be "better" I hate the lack of food I have and I hate Shaun T for making me complete Insanity: Asylum >O!

I hate JIGGLYPUFF AND ITS EFFING FAMILY.

That's part 1. More to come later.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd January 2013, 11:19 PM
Kumori's thread has been a great success so far, but I can't think of anything to hate at the moment. I do like things some of my friends hate, like Selphie in Final Fantasy VIII.

I do remember some occasions when I was really angry at something, or even someone, like this I wrote down once in 2011:

We were playing some Trouble with the girl's mother, an older man somewhere in his 60s or something, and another woman. I was doing extremely bad while the older man who was sitting next to me was winning. I didn't get a single piece to the goal before the older won. After being finished, the older man went away to take some coffee.

I continued the game with the two other players, and then something started to happen. The girl came to sit next to me! It's nothing rare, she comes to sit beside me in many occasions, but read this. I got one piece to the goal already, and I said my luck's changing. The girl said that the older man had been giving me bad luck and I replied that the girl was giving me good luck.

However, all of a sudden the older man came back and tried to sit where he was sitting before, that is the girl's lap! The girl tried to dodge him and move away from the chair, but the man kept on pushing his back on the girl! I know that man has sometimes a wild sense of humour and he's my friend, but at that moment I think I could have killed him! Of course that was just a thought, but I said immediately aloud that he shouldn't do that again! The girl left us, and we three were left playing the game, which I lost in the end, as I finished last.

After the game, I went to speak directly to the girl's mother and told that eventhough this wasn't really my business, I thought the man had violated the girl's virginity. I used the word 'koskemattomuus' which doesn't have such a strong sexual emphasis, but I think the girl's mother got the idea.

Anyways, she replied that she saw nothing wrong with the situation, since the contact wasn't so strong and the girl didn't react by yelling or anything. She praised my consideration though.

Later on the same year I wrote some stuff on Facebook and spoiled my own friendship with that girl for good. I actually still hate myself for that.

Sad story, huh?

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 05:16 AM

What do you know, Roy? We actually have something in common.

Frankly, I hate all conspiracy theorists. You didn't mention a certain lawyer-slash-dentist-slash-realitor, but I'll assume you have no love for her. They get on my nerves.

Zak
23rd January 2013, 05:48 AM
That is a myth, Zak. Hitler's involvment in inventing the Volkswagon consisted of making one suggestion to the people who designed it, nothing more. It was a practical suggestion, yes, but he hardly had much role in designing the blueprints.

Does it make a difference? I was just using it as an analogy.

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 06:47 AM
BTW, Cat, Family Guy is another thing I hate.

I used to think it was okay, until some idiot writer actually thought that making a joke about Elizabeth Smart was funny, and the idiot producers actually okayed it.

It was NOT funny in the least. Not by a long shot. There are some things that should be considered off-limits to comedy, and that was one of them. I've refused to watch it since then.

Kumori
23rd January 2013, 10:35 AM
What on earth have I created?

I hate Twilight... oh wait, I've already said that.
Okay then, I hate Pewdiepie and My Little Pony. I should probably hide in a corner right about now...

DivineAll
23rd January 2013, 12:19 PM
I'm currently watching it on Netflix right now and have yet to finish it, but I have grown to hate Power Rangers Operation Overdrive. I'd explain in greater detail why I hate it, but I think Twitter does a better job for me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd January 2013, 02:51 PM
I forgot all about THE SIMS. That computer game series.

Kuka nyt haluaa kouluttaa monstereita, tappaa lohikäärmeitä tai jättiläisiä, pomppia unenomaisten maisemien halki, opetella kiinalaista itsepuolustusta kauniilla tytöllä pelaten, ratkoa kehittäviä ongelmia, ammuskella vihaisia lintuja, valloittaa maailman, ajaa autoa viisisataa kilometriä tunnissa, kun voi rakentaa vessan ilman ovea virtuaalisessa ympäristössä!
Who wants to train monsters, slay dragons or giants, jump through a dreamy scenery, learn Chinese martial arts playing as a pretty girl, solve productive problems, shoot angry birds, conquer the world, drive a car 500 kilometers an hour, when you can build a toilet without a door in virtual surroundings!

Kumori
23rd January 2013, 02:53 PM
That is the most perfect paragraph I think I've ever read.

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 03:19 PM
What on earth have I created?

I hate Twilight... oh wait, I've already said that.
Okay then, I hate Pewdiepie and My Little Pony. I should probably hide in a corner right about now...

You hate My Little Pony?

Who doesn't? I've seen signatures on numerous message boards, including this one, that make them the butt of the worst jokes on the internet.

mattbcl
23rd January 2013, 03:35 PM
Busybodies.

classy_cat18
23rd January 2013, 03:36 PM
You hate My Little Pony?

Who doesn't? I've seen signatures on numerous message boards, including this one, that make them the butt of the worst jokes on the internet.

A lot of people don't. Just because bronies are the butt of people's jokes doesn't change the fact that there are enough of them to fill entire conventions.

P.S. Wait until Heald sees your post.

DarkestLight
23rd January 2013, 04:07 PM
I smell a bronypocalypse in this thread xD

Roy Karrde
23rd January 2013, 04:14 PM
You hate My Little Pony?

We are on a Pokemon Messageboard, and you guys are whining about My Little Pony?

A POKEMON MESSAGE BOARD!

I mean Jesus F'ing H Tap Dancing Christ before My Little Pony it was Mudkips!

A POKEMON MESSAGE BOARD!

DivineAll
23rd January 2013, 04:20 PM
We are on a Pokemon Messageboard, and you guys are whining about My Little Pony?

A POKEMON MESSAGE BOARD!

I mean Jesus F'ing H Tap Dancing Christ before My Little Pony it was Mudkips!

A POKEMON MESSAGE BOARD!

I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or grateful that you didn't mention me complaining about Power Rangers a little earlier in this thread.

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 05:49 PM
Okay, you want to know something I really hate?

South Park.

And it's not for the reasons that most people dislike it, such as the gore, the controversial subjects, or the language that would make a sailor blush.

I think that it's an overrated show, and that you could get more laughs from cereal boxes.

I mean seriously, the whole "Kenny dies every episode" thing may have been funny the first few times, but they've been milking this long-since-became-lame joke for HOW long?

ChobiChibi
23rd January 2013, 06:17 PM
dHtRnOXXZ0w

I want Heald to friendship all over this thread.

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 06:21 PM
You can actually say that on network TV??

Eh, Peter Griffin is no Andy Rooney...

ChobiChibi
23rd January 2013, 06:22 PM
Hadn't read that DS doesn't like family guy before posting that video. Don't care, is relevant to thread.

It grinds my gears when people slate things and haven't actually tried them.

It grinds my gears when people don't like things because of one particular incident.

Hypocrites really grind my gears.

It really grinds my gears when I walk into Game and they ask me if I need help looking for something based on the presumption that I am female and therefore not a gamer. Fuck you, employees.

Unorganised people grind my gears.

Dark Sage
23rd January 2013, 07:38 PM
Know what grinds my gears? Family Guy. I mean seriously, the show is what you'd get if Matt Groening and Trey Parker had an illegitimate love child and weaned him on that drug-laced milk that they had in A Clockwork Orange. I mean, seriously, this show used to be the type that was "so unfunny it's funny", you know, like Joan Rivers is, but it eventually just became plain old "not funny" like... Well, I can't think of any successful comedians like that, because a comedian that's "not funny" isn't successful.

Blademaster
23rd January 2013, 08:53 PM
Okay then, I hate Pewdiepie and My Little Pony.

Who doesn't?

You two are without a doubt entitled to your opinions and while I may not agree with or even respect them I do respect your right to have them, and will gladly acknowledge such for as long as you return the courtesy, i.e. "Don't talk shit about my ponies and I won't talk shit about your talking shit about my ponies.".

Also not to get into semantics but is this still specifically a "hate" thread or has it become (or perhaps always been) a "things that I generally dislike/annoy me" thread? Because depending on the definition of "hate" being used, I could be saying a lot more.

And I know how much we all love hearing me talk a lot.

Zak
23rd January 2013, 09:03 PM
Okay, you want to know something I really hate?

South Park.

And it's not for the reasons that most people dislike it, such as the gore, the controversial subjects, or the language that would make a sailor blush.

I think that it's an overrated show, and that you could get more laughs from cereal boxes.

I mean seriously, the whole "Kenny dies every episode" thing may have been funny the first few times, but they've been milking this long-since-became-lame joke for HOW long?

Okay, another thing I hate? People who skip the whole "getting the facts straight" step.

Not to sound like a fanboy defending South Park or anything (it's been rusty lately and it does have its flaws), but the way you talk about it shows that rather than having watched it to make a valid argument, you just pick up random things you hear around you and make assumptions.

Why? Because they haven't had the Kenny gimmick in almost half a decade (if not more). Maybe once in a while they bring it back, or self-reference how it used to be a thing. But certainly not every episode. So get your facts straight.

Roy Karrde
23rd January 2013, 09:38 PM
Personally, and this is just my opinion, but I find South Park to provide scathing commentary on subjects, many times along with a pretty good message. One could say it is much like the Daily Show in how it takes political and social messages and hides it inside layers upon layers of commentary.

Blademaster
23rd January 2013, 10:51 PM
Because they haven't had the Kenny gimmick in almost half a decade (if not more).

I honestly cannot fathom the irony of the fact that it was right around the time that the show stopped regularly killing Kenny when the show in turn began killing itself.

I used to have the DVD's of the first five seasons, and I remember sometime in the fifth season Kenny died 'for real.' Most of South Park's simpler/more original plots occupied the earlier seasons; Season 6 was around the time that the town of South Park itself became little more than a caricature-izing machine that every new political, environmental, and celebrity event would find itself chucked into and have the edginess cranked up to 11.

Not to say that pre-Season 6 South Park never did similar things. Pokemon, rainforest conservation, and even 9/11 itself were used as the cruxes of a few episodes. Hell, the Kenny-(kinda)dies-for-real episode was itself focused largely on stem cell controversy.

Still, I do miss the old South Park now and then...

DivineAll
24th January 2013, 12:45 AM
*sigh* I'm afraid that I mention it here... it'll spark up flame wars to no end... but I have to say it: I hate The Coma Theory. *puts up flame shields*

classy_cat18
24th January 2013, 12:54 AM
*sigh* I'm afraid that I mention it here... it'll spark up flame wars to no end... but I have to say it: I hate The Coma Theory. *puts up flame shields*

WHY YOU LITTLE BASTARD, HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!

...What's The Coma Theory?

Kumori
24th January 2013, 01:42 AM
You know what I really, really, REALLY hate?

...misused apostrophes and Comic Sans.

Oslo
24th January 2013, 01:56 AM
Comic Sans

This.

http://bancomicsans.com/

It's the worst font.

Papyrus is a close second.

Dark Sage
24th January 2013, 06:04 AM

I gotta admit, I have no idea what it is either. I even tried looking it up on Wikipedia and I didn't get anything.

Telume
24th January 2013, 07:39 AM
My Allergies.

DivineAll
24th January 2013, 11:54 AM
Really? Nobody knows about the Pokémon Coma Theory? The one that states that when Ash was struck by lightning on the first episode of the anime he fell into a coma and said theory gives a ridiculously detailed explanation of almost every event and every person that's come up in his comatose state and how it connects to every episode, except Chronicles, and every movie of the Pokémon anime thus far?

Kumori
24th January 2013, 12:00 PM
I cried a little while reading the Coma Theory. I DON'T WANNA BELIEVE IT

Dark Sage
24th January 2013, 12:21 PM
Well, I don't believe it. Yeah, I've heard about it, and I think it's one the dumbest things that anime fans have ever thought up, right up there with the theory that Mike Huckabee was funding 4kids.

DarkestLight
24th January 2013, 12:32 PM
Pokemon coma forever!

Knight of Time
24th January 2013, 12:44 PM
Well, I have my own share of pet peeves...not a whole lot here, but there are a few that stand out for me.

-my dad's tendency to cause problems for the family...sometimes he is a good father, but sometimes, he isn't as good a father as he should be...he's done things in the past to create mental and/or emotional pain, and unfortunately, he still does these kinds of things from time to time. Let's just say that he can be difficult to trust 100% of the time (thankfully, I'm glad I don't live with him since he remarried and lives with his second wife and her two sons, because my life would not be as happy for me if I did live with him).

-when restaurants get an order wrong or partially wrong, such as putting too much or not enough of a particular ingredient/topping/condiment on something, or adding an unwanted ingredient/topping/condiment.

-tobacco smoke...I'm not against people who smoke in one way or another (heck, some of the people I know in RL smoke, which I don't mind as long as they don't smoke near me), but it's more the smoke that bothers me than the smoker(s)...when it comes to smoke (whether it's second hand or third hand smoke), I try to get away from its source as quickly as possible, because I like having crisp air I can breathe around me...after all, since it is possible for a non-smoker (I've never smoked in my life) to get lung cancer as an example, it's something I definitely don't want to have in my later years, like what happened to my late grandfather's twin brother, who smoked a pipe for years and eventually died of lung cancer.

Kumori
24th January 2013, 12:59 PM
I hate the smell of cigarettes, really. It's horrible. My dad smokes in the car and then I get stuck with the horrible smell until I get to school.

Oslo
24th January 2013, 01:05 PM
Well, I don't believe it. Yeah, I've heard about it, and I think it's one the dumbest things that anime fans have ever thought up

Surely you're capable of telling the difference between an actual theory and a fun little tongue-in-cheek joke...?

Anyway, I'd never heard of it before. I read it through and lol'd. Very thorough. Good work, random person. Oslo approves. :yes:

classy_cat18
24th January 2013, 01:05 PM
Cigarette smoke also tends to cling to you, your hair and your clothes. It takes a good wash or a lot of air to get rid of the smell.

Kumori
24th January 2013, 01:15 PM
*grabs a million deodorants* IT'S ON!

Yeah, when my parents used to have to smoke inside the house my dad (I live with my stepdad) would always complain when I went to see him that my clothes reeked of smoke...

Jeff
24th January 2013, 01:35 PM
misused apostrophes

This.

Seriously, it's not like it's any harder than the difference between "your" and "you're." They're only used for contractions and possession, not plurals. Easy stuff.

Kumori
24th January 2013, 01:50 PM
This.

Seriously, it's not like it's any harder than the difference between "your" and "you're." They're only used for contractions and possession, not plurals. Easy stuff.
so much feels

Anyway, I hate it when you're on the bus and people decide to sit next to you when there's plenty of totally free seats that aren't next to me.I just wanna say "please go away, I'm antisocial"

classy_cat18
24th January 2013, 02:39 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? Hater gamers. Gamers that aren't satisfied no matter what people try. People want more of one series, they complain that it's getting "tiresome" and they want something new. They try something new and original, but that doesn't really please them either. I know that you can't please everyone, but it gets ridiculous!

Blademaster
24th January 2013, 06:51 PM
Comic Sans

I have never understood the derision of Comic Sans. It's a font. A lot of things that people hate are hard to justify, but something as trivial as the stylized representation of the alphabet through pixels? Really, are there people that are actually THAT petty unironically?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I see no difference between them besides a slight and purely aesthetic alteration. The alphabet is unchanged. The language is unchanged. Every possible expression of that alphabet in text is unchanged with the possible exception of a few memetic expressions.

How can such insignificance garner such ire?

Oslo
24th January 2013, 07:04 PM
Because it's ugly.

Kumori
25th January 2013, 01:46 AM
And I hate it when people use it in a serious letter. It's meant to be taken seriously, so why not type it in a serious font like Arial or something instead of using an ugly comic font?!

Dark Sage
25th January 2013, 07:20 AM
Know what really grinds my gears? Orly Taitz. Know what crazy claim she's made now? Get this.

You may know about her long-held claim that the President is using a Social Security number that he stole from someone in Connecticut (and ignores documented proof that says otherwise). Well, now she claims that she's found some law that says if three Connecticut residents file a complaint of some sort, she has the authority to arrest him if he enters the state. She also says that she has three supporters in Connecticut, and plan to do just that if he does.

Who the hell approved this woman passing the California bar? What she claims to do sounds more like the crime of impersonating a police officer to me. She and her "three supporters" obviously don't realize that if she even tried it, the Secret Service will arrest THEM.

The scary part about this woman is the fact that somewhere in this country there's a medical supply company that actually sells nitrous oxide to her. If they trust THIS woman with such chemicals, who else do they trust with it?

Know what grinds my gears even more? The fact that no respectable Republican (I use the term loosely) will stand up to this bitch and the rest of the Birthers and tell them off like the lunatics they are. You know why they won't do that? Because they're afraid of losing votes from the ultra-conservatives whose dumb ideas put the Tea Party into office and made the GOP the disorganized mess it is now. And these jerks wonder why they lost the election.

Kumori
25th January 2013, 08:26 AM
I've never heard of this lady before, but she sounds pretty insane to me.

Also, what grinds my gears is people going in to schools to talk about their religion, then passing it off as absolute truth. There are people listening who aren't of that religion, and are of another, forced to listen as if this was the truth. I'm an atheist, and every time someone tells me something religious as if it was the truth, I get quite annoyed.

Dark Sage
25th January 2013, 09:52 AM
I've never heard of this lady before, but she sounds pretty insane to me.

A very common view of Taitz, I assure you. Taitz (known as the "Birther Queen" a dubious title to anyone except Birthers) is a lawyer-slash-dentist-slash-realtor from California on a crusade to prove that Mr. Obama was not born in this country, and thus is not eligible to be President.

Thus far, her crusade has been a complete failure. Only one judge so far has even granted her a hearing, and at the hearing, despite the fact that Mr. Obama did not answer the supoenia (he was not required to, despite what she believed) and did not send a defense team, the judge ruled against her. Every other judge has thrown her cases out. Some have fined her, and the last one threatened to hold her in contempt if she ever did this in California again. (Given the fact she called him a traitor, she was lucky he didn't throw her ass in jail right then.)

The thing is, people like her don't realize how absurd their claims are, and I'll explain why.

In order for the Birther claims to be true, It would require either a) planning by "Them" going back a half-century (due to the fact that Honolulu newspapers reported his birth) At a time when the idea of an African-American President was laughable, as well as A lot of natural charm, brilliance, and political success by their supposed puppet to become elected fifty years later, or b) Mr. Obama not only forging His long-form birth certificate (a common claim among Birthers) but also fabricating those newspaper announcements, fabricating his college records, and bribing or fooling every immigration official and election official in the country.

If he could do that, do you think he'd have as much trouble with Congress as he does?

Other things that Birthers claim include: Because Mr. Obama's father held dual citizenship, the same applies to Mr. Obama, making him ineligible (the Constitution says nothing of the sort, And even if it did, the 14th Amendment would override it); some say that his mother had renounced her citizenship, and by doing so, had renounced his as well (she never did, and even if she had, it would not have affected his) that a trip by him to Pakistan in 1981 could only have been accomplished by a foreign passport due to a travel ban between the two countries (no such ban actually existed), and that his enrollment in a school in Indonesia as a child could only have been done if he was not a citizen at the time (the ruling in the Perkins vs Elg case says differently).

In the end, the true motivation of Birthers is quite simple: racism. Most of these people are old coots who can't stand to see an African-American man in the White House, so they spout this nonsense. Fortunately, no-one takes them seriously any more.

Lady Vulpix
25th January 2013, 11:59 AM
What do I hate? Injustice and cruelty, above all. Deceit is pretty high up my hate list too.

I also hate it when others need help and I can't do anything to help them.

Crystal Tears
25th January 2013, 12:54 PM
I gave my hate list a rating system…

• Getting blame for something I didn’t do (this happens a lot). HATE
• Artist’s Block Dislike
• Writer’s Block Dislike
• Picky Eaters (specifically, if you haven’t tried the food before you said you don’t like it. Grow some balls and try it.) HATE
• Doctors Annoying
• Lying Dislike
• Cancer LOATHE

Heald
25th January 2013, 12:59 PM
This thread and this mentality. I think this thread has probably become the most active thread in recent history in Misc by post count per day, and skimming through some of the posts, I am sad to see that it's a thread like this that generates such activity. Dislike.

Becki's thread is so much what I'm looking for.

Dark Sage
25th January 2013, 02:15 PM
Heald, read my first post on this thread. It was my way of saying the same thing.

And seriously, I've tried to keep everything I've said here with a dose of humor. (Even the stuff about Ms. Taitz. I just love when a story about her comes up, because I always get a big laugh out of it.)

DarkestLight
30th January 2013, 12:30 PM
That's why Im glad this thread was made. Positivity is greagtand all, but overlooking what negatives you harbor does not make them go away. I feel that objectively putting them down and actually having them spelled out in front of you helps one to find a way to either resolve the hate or truly step away from it.

So saying this thread and its topic is something you hate is great. Because its a realistic expression of human nature, its the truth behind the guise of all that we love :/ We can't have one without the other-and I think people often forget that and try to focus on the positive so much that they leave themselves open to be hurt when it comes falling down.

But that could just be me being pragmatic.

Kumori
30th January 2013, 12:49 PM
I hate rainy and windy days when the wind blows the rain right into your face... I hate being wet - I'm okay with my face or such being wet or maybe my hands or so but I hate my hair being wet so much... My hair is thick and absorbs water like a sponge.

Oslo
30th January 2013, 01:06 PM
Agreeing with Darkly!

I hate faceted classification. Omg why do you exist. Why are you so boring to research. Just stop it.

Nall
1st February 2013, 08:08 PM
I have never understood the derision of Comic Sans. It's a font. A lot of things that people hate are hard to justify, but something as trivial as the stylized representation of the alphabet through pixels? Really, are there people that are actually THAT petty unironically?

I see no difference between them besides a slight and purely aesthetic alteration. The alphabet is unchanged. The language is unchanged. Every possible expression of that alphabet in text is unchanged with the possible exception of a few memetic expressions.

How can such insignificance garner such ire?

Presentation is just as important as the message you're writing. Aesthetics are important. Comic Sans is just an ugly font, and using it lowers the quality of whatever it's used to write, whether it's a business letter or an actual comic.

I mean really, there are so many better fonts out there.

On-topic: I hate dwelling on things I hate. I prefer to just ignore them and not think about them.

Dark Sage
2nd February 2013, 08:45 AM
I just heard a story on the news about how it was Groundhog Day (something that had slipped my mind) and how Punxsutawney Phil had reported an early spring.

That reminded me of another thing I hate. Can someone please explain to me what the point of this is?

Especially since, apparently, Phil has a 39% success rate. Very poor for a guy who works one day a year. It's a wonder he still has a job.

classy_cat18
2nd February 2013, 10:19 AM
I just heard a story on the news about how it was Groundhog Day (something that had slipped my mind) and how Punxsutawney Phil had reported an early spring.

That reminded me of another thing I hate. Can someone please explain to me what the point of this is?

Especially since, apparently, Phil has a 39% success rate. Very poor for a guy who works one day a year. It's a wonder he still has a job.

It's tradition. People look forward to the little guy.

DivineAll
2nd February 2013, 11:38 AM

Well... if we didn't have the holiday Groundhog Day, we probably wouldn't have the movie Groundhog Day?

Dark Sage
2nd February 2013, 12:03 PM
Good point.

And if they didn't have that movie, no-one would know about Punxsutawney Phil except the folks who actually live in Punxsutawney.

That little guy owes a lot to Bill Murry, you gotta admit.

Zak
2nd February 2013, 10:58 PM
Good point.

And if they didn't have that movie, no-one would know about Punxsutawney Phil except the folks who actually live in Punxsutawney.

That little guy owes a lot to Bill Murry, you gotta admit.

You know who else he owes a lot to?

Cher.

Magmar
3rd February 2013, 12:53 PM
I hate when people are mean for no reason other than to be mean. I'm rather thick-skinned, so when people are snide or rude to me, I don't get easily upset. But, I do have zero tolerance for general nastiness for the sake of nastiness.

I also hate Papyrus font, too XD

Oslo
3rd February 2013, 02:58 PM
I also hate Papyrus font, too XD

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/papyrus.png

Dark Sage
3rd February 2013, 03:02 PM
Know one thing I hate?

Characters in cartoons, comic books, and other media who speak in verse. That's incredibly annoying.

Except when Alan Moore, Kevin Smith or the Keith Giffen/J.M. Dematteis team are writing a story involving Etrigan. They actually make it seem kind of clever.

mattbcl
5th February 2013, 08:20 AM
I used to like Papyrus and used it a lot, until I started seeing it everywhere else.

Etrigan is awesome.

I hate seeing people treat those who can do nothing for them as worthless leeches. It never occurs to such a person that those folks actually DO have something to contribute, just not to their personal causes. I have a "friend" like this who drives me up the wall whenever I see him behave this way. While I'm on the subject, I hate that I don't call him out on it.

I hate hearing (or reading about) people who think liberals are going to "take away our guns". I hate being told how stupid my position is on the matter. I hate the hyperbole that gets spewed from both sides of the aisle. News flash for gun owners: I don't even want a gun for myself, so what makes you think I want to take yours away from you?

EDIT: I also hate Applebee's.

Dark Sage
5th February 2013, 08:44 AM
Etrigan is awesome.

Sure he is.

It's just he's the most awesome when those guys I mentioned are writing his lines.

classy_cat18
5th February 2013, 04:15 PM
Sure he is.

It's just he's the most awesome when those guys I mentioned are writing his lines.

I've only seen him a few times (don't read the comics), but I do like his Batman: The Animated Series/Justice League version. Who's responsible for that Etrigan?

Dark Sage
5th February 2013, 05:08 PM
I've only seen him a few times (don't read the comics), but I do like his Batman: The Animated Series/Justice League version. Who's responsible for that Etrigan?

Here, this will explain it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrigan

Back on the subject, know something I really hate? Hypocites.

I'm not talking about Roy, or any member of the Republican party at all this time, or even any politician.

I just hate hypocrites in general.

That's all I have to say.