PDA

View Full Version : Evolutions.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th February 2013, 10:51 AM
Yup, there's probably been more of these threads, but I'm still curious to know what you guys think. What pokemon deserve an evolution (or prevolution, or branched evolution or whatever)?

I'm thinking Banette, not only is it one of my favorite pokemon, it's not fair how Dusclops (who was already the better of the two, stat wise) got a wicked evolution and Banette was left in the shadows :(

Also, HOW is the big fucking heartshaped fish NOT an evolution of luvdisc, meh.

Personally, Arbok could go with one too and it could look badass. Like a Basilisk kinda monster, rrawr.

And Dragon-Eevee as said before in the Gen VI thread, to complete all the special types.

Baby form for lapras, anyone? It would look cute :D and maybe give Lapras some new moves (not that it needs it, but some cool novelty moves).

Ledian and Ariados could use a boost as well, they're fricking cool anyway!

Dunsparce? Qwilfish?

MAGCARGO! Yes Please! Something decent, I absolutely adore Magcargo, he could use some powah!

Mightyena, so many ways to go.. He could be badass.

And last but not least, Masquerain. Make it's evo another type to go with Bug, then it'll went Bug/Water => Bug/Flying => Bug/Dragon (like a dragonfly or summit).

Also, not unimportant, how do you see these evolutions? Appearance? Type? Background story? Info? Yadayada..

Shoot!:D

DarkestLight
11th February 2013, 11:28 AM
I disagree with Dunsparce. Leave the Sparce be! Sparce is the greatest Pokemon ever.

Oslo
11th February 2013, 11:33 AM
Give Farfetch'd an effing evolution. The poor thing. It's not that every Pokemon needs to be able to compete in OU, but the little field duck is outclassed by friggin Kabuto in terms of base stats. What is that. Wtf. Gamefreak, throw the guy a bone.

And yeah, the Luvdisc/Alomomola thing bugs me too. I'm convinced the latter was initially conceived as an evolution of former but the relationship was scrapped when Gen V was branded as a back-to-basics, kinda-more-self-contained entry into the series.

I'd love to see evolutions for Illumise/Volbeat, Chimecho and Stunfisk. :3 And the Dragon-type Eevee is basically a must at this point, yeah.

Kumori
11th February 2013, 11:38 AM
Want Stunfisk evo. I LOVE Stunfisk so much. I also happen to love Garbodor.

I wanna see an evo for Houndoom. Kinda like a crazy hellhound. Maybe add another head and make him a Cerberus-esque monster. Also I want a new Eeveelution! If not dragon, ANY other type!

Blademaster
11th February 2013, 04:42 PM
Every non-Legendary should have an evolutionary option. It's only logical. Evolution is the majority by a WIIIIIIIDE margin. The random instances of non-evolution make no sense and lead to some Pokemon being ridiculously weak or bafflingly overpowered from birth.

Rossymore
12th February 2013, 12:50 AM
Hmm. I wonder if Eevee will get a new evolution.

Other than that, Farfetch'd, Banette, maybe even Jynx? I'm thinking Jynx never got an evolution due to the whole controversy that surrounds it and I'm not sure I really want one, really.

But please, not more damn baby Pokemon! At least there weren't any in Gen V, though Larvesta came kinda close.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th February 2013, 12:58 AM
Is there something wrong with Larvesta? Asking because I just decided to use one in ASB lol

Rossymore
12th February 2013, 02:20 AM
Nothing at all. It is the only Unova Pokemon only available through an Egg, similar to Riolu in Gen IV. And, uh, it evolved at a level, like some baby Pokemon and, uh, that's about it.

Volcarona is badass and should have a new evolution or forme to increase its badassery.

CaptainJigglypuff
12th February 2013, 02:37 AM
Luvdisc and Dunsparce could use an evolution as well as Jynx (to round out the Electabuzz and Magmar lines since those three are usually thought of as an elemental trio), Chatot, and Corsola. Pokemon that need a pre-evolution I think are Druddigon, Kecleon, Absol, and Lapras. Those Pokemon seem to not be quite as complete or something came before them.

lvl100mewtwo
12th February 2013, 10:41 AM
Well, the suspicions were right, a new Eeveelution was revealed yesterday... Ninfia... now the idea is to figure out what type it is... I'm going either Normal, Flying (stretch) or Dragon (even bigger stretch)... ugh, I do not want to wait til this summer to see the new Genesect v. Mewtwo movie, I WANT IT NOW... and we see the new Eeveelution too I guess...

CaptainJigglypuff
12th February 2013, 10:58 AM
Ninfia makes me think either it will be a Normal Type or some new Type introduced to the world when the games come out in October. I believe one of the developers mentioned a possibility of a couple new types to be introduced in X and Y

Kumori
12th February 2013, 11:31 AM
Ninfia makes me think either it will be a Normal Type or some new Type introduced to the world when the games come out in October. I believe one of the developers mentioned a possibility of a couple new types to be introduced in X and Y
MORE types to remember?!!?!?! NO!

DarkestLight
12th February 2013, 02:38 PM
Yes. Light and Sound. Let's get iT!

DivineAll
12th February 2013, 03:01 PM
Yes. Light and Sound. Let's get iT!

I have some doubts that Light will be a new Type for many various reasons. However, Sound being a new Type... I can probably see it with the Soundproof Ability... but that would mean that they would have to change the move typing for most of the moves unaffected by Soundproof.

DarkestLight
12th February 2013, 03:58 PM
it will break the physical/special allotment by two. Oh. Maybe they'll fix water so its weak to poison :/ Then shit can get balanced lolol

ChobiChibi
12th February 2013, 04:54 PM
You guys need to link more when you talk about X and Y news. "They said this" just doesn't do it for me. Hard proof is needed so we can share the love.

So for those who haven't seen it yet: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ninfia_revealed_in_CoroCoro

I'm thinking Normal. It has no wings, it won't be flying or dragon. It won't be dual typed either. So that or a new type. Yep.

Jeff
12th February 2013, 05:02 PM
I think it's very possible that Ninfia/Nympheon (or whatever its English name ends up being) will be a light-type. If you look at the left page in this scan (http://www.serebii.net/corocoro213.jpg), you'll notice the sparkles around it. Maybe that's a purely stylistic thing to bring attention to its newness, or maybe that's an indication of its type, or maybe it was just designed by Stephanie Meyer.:P

Of course, there's also the fact that its type is being withheld. I wonder why they'd do that? Hmm...

Dark Sage
12th February 2013, 06:23 PM
I'd love to see Absol be given a pre-evolution. I think someone from Gamefreak even admitted that such a Poke would be cute as Hell.

Blademaster
12th February 2013, 06:41 PM
I'm guessing a new type. Something along the lines of 'Fairy' or 'Beauty.' Plenty of Normal Pokemon to date seem like they could fall into such a group: Clefairy's, Jigglypuff's, Chansey's, Togepi's, Snubbull's, Skitty's, Buneary's, and Minccino's evolutionary lines, as well as a few isolated Pokemon like Audino, Swablu, Meloetta, and (of course) Milotic.

No idea what strengths and weaknesses they'd have, though. Probably elemental resistances and weakness (offensive or defensive) to Rock, Steel, Fighting, maybe even Bug.

I'm intrigued.

Dark Sage
12th February 2013, 06:48 PM
As if Milotic needs another advantage? Seriously, for a Pokemon so beautiful, that thing is sadistic.

Seriously, don't forget Blade, in previous versions of the game, "Cute" and "Beautiful" were two completely different things, and some things that could be considered such seemed unlikely. (I believe Sheer Cold was a Beautiful move, as far as Contests were concerned. The contests were rather strange. You'd think Explosion would be a Tough move, but I think it was a Cool move.)

Blademaster
12th February 2013, 06:56 PM
Can you ever make a post that DOESN'T include a complaint?

And yes, because giving a strong Pokemon a second type, and thus more weaknesses to potentially exploit, is a bad thing.

Like this type is even going to happen in the first place.

CaptainJigglypuff
12th February 2013, 07:01 PM
As if Milotic needs another advantage? Seriously, for a Pokemon so beautiful, that thing is sadistic.

Seriously, don't forget Blade, in previous versions of the game, "Cute" and "Beautiful" were two completely different things, and some things that could be considered such seemed unlikely. (I believe Sheer Cold was a Beautiful move, as far as Contests were concerned. The contests were rather strange. You'd think Explosion would be a Tough move, but I think it was a Cool move.)

It was a Beauty move which I never understood why. The Pokemon blows its self up and THAT'S considered BEAUTIFUL?!!!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th February 2013, 03:53 PM
Branched Banette evolution could be wicked. Seeing as it's a pokemon based on pure hatred and vengeance, searching for the person that threw it away, it could go two ways. One being were he understands why the person didn't want it anymore (lets say the kid grew to old, or just lost it, or whatever) and it forgives, moves on and becomes a powerful pokemon through the power of forgiveness (or summit, just talking out loud) OR it could loose itself in it's revenge and it could evolve into a true pokemon of hate, feared by all! Not sure on the design, though..

Also, supporting the farfetch'd love!

Kumori
14th February 2013, 05:28 AM
It was a Beauty move which I never understood why. The Pokemon blows its self up and THAT'S considered BEAUTIFUL?!!!
Suicide is so beautiful.

NOT REALLY WTF ARE YOU DOING POKÉMON COMPANY

Jeff
14th February 2013, 12:59 PM
... and the new Eeveelution is ... Sylveon!

English: Sylveon
Japanese: Ninfia
French: Nymphali
Spanish: Sylveon
German: Feelinara
Italian: Sylveon

Its names in various languages seem to all be referring to fairy-like creatures. I'm fairly convinced that we'll be getting a new fairy type.

Oslo
14th February 2013, 01:53 PM
Sound-type would have been cooler!

Kumori
14th February 2013, 02:03 PM
Or Light-type. It could be weak to Dark-types~

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th February 2013, 03:28 PM
Poison types need some love:(

DivineAll
14th February 2013, 04:07 PM
Sylveon is most likely going to be a pure Flying-Type judging from what I've read on Wikipedia on Sylphs. Not only are they fairies, but they are also AIR elementals.

Oslo
14th February 2013, 04:20 PM
Not likely. If that were the case, its visual design would have had clearer connotations of flight. Also, its Japanese and French names derive from "nymph" which doesn't relate to air/flying.

CaptainJigglypuff
14th February 2013, 04:47 PM
The video released today clearly showed Sylveon using Swift and Trump Card, thus further proving my theory thqat it'll be a Normal type even more. I know it may not seem much since the video didn't give full details but take in account the card attack. Eack individual card show during the move had what appeared to be card suits on them and Eevee can only learn Trump Card at the high level of 57. Sylveon seemed to be using less powerful attack against Pokemon not normally extremely strong until at least level 50. And even though Swift is a very accurate move, its attack power is rather low and with the exception of Trump Card, the new Eevee evolution didn't seem to be leveled very high.

Dark Sage
14th February 2013, 06:29 PM
Poison types need some love:(

Go up against Roxy or Janine in the PWT, and you'll respect Poison Types. It was a shame that Koga couldn't make it.

Of course, seriously, everyone in the PWT is an incredibly tough opponent. You might look at some old Gym Leaders very differently after trying it.

DarkestLight
14th February 2013, 07:16 PM
PWT would be pwned if I could get my real squad back :/ I dun have time anymore to make a new damn squad.

Not down with making an Egg group an actual type :/ What, it evolves with a Moon stone like all the others? (Smack in Umbreon's face). Talk about retcon XD

Blademaster
14th February 2013, 07:19 PM
No, it evolves with a Plot Device. Those are much more convenient.

CaptainJigglypuff
14th February 2013, 07:21 PM
No. It evolves by mating Skyla with Eevee! :P

Jeff
14th February 2013, 10:13 PM
Sylveon is most likely going to be a pure Flying-Type judging from what I've read on Wikipedia on Sylphs. Not only are they fairies, but they are also AIR elementals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvan

Sylvan fits Sylveon's name better than sylph, and sylvans are more similar to nymphs, as both are forest spirits. My guess is that they based the name on "sylvan" rather than "nymph" due to the similarity between "nymph" and "nymphomaniac". Obviously, that wouldn't be good in a childrens' game.

The video released today clearly showed Sylveon using Swift and Trump Card, thus further proving my theory thqat it'll be a Normal type even more.
Most, if not all eeveelutions can learn those moves. I think it's just showing it with standard Eevee moves to continue to keep its type a secret.

Pokemaster Ash
14th February 2013, 11:13 PM
I'm betting Sylveon's going to be Flying-Type as well. Would be nice if there was a non-Legendary pure Flying (since right now Sky Plate Arceus and Tornadus have that covered). Since these sorts of things tend to come in pairs, I'd also be willing to bet that there's going to be a Ground-Type Eeveelution alongside it.

As for things I've always thought should have an evolution... Well, poor Farfetch'd could certainly use one. It's got some good moves, but just kinda lacking overall. Jynx should have gotten one alongsize Electabuzz and Magmar (although considering Electivire and Magmortar, I dunno how that would look), and Rapidash should have an evolution (maybe into something like a pegasus). Can't really think of any others that could really use an added evolution.

Dark Sage
15th February 2013, 04:10 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvan

Sylvan fits Sylveon's name better than sylph, and sylvans are more similar to nymphs, as both are forest spirits. My guess is that they based the name on "sylvan" rather than "nymph" due to the similarity between "nymph" and "nymphomaniac". Obviously, that wouldn't be good in a childrens' game.

I hear you. Most folks today have forgetten the roots of the word "nymphomaniac".

Want to know something? In Greek myths, nymphs tried their hardest to remain chaste and innocent. It took some legendary seducer like Zeus or a guy like Dionysus (the original "party animal", if you will) to get one to stray from this tendency. The modern word isn't accurate at all.

Edretah
18th February 2013, 11:49 AM
I didnt read any of the other posts except the first one, BUT MIGHTYENA EVOLUTION! Dark/Steel. A cyborg dog. WHAT

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th February 2013, 06:00 PM
I'm game.

Edretah
18th February 2013, 07:49 PM
RIGHT

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th March 2013, 03:49 AM
Corsola! The poor thing.. 380 base total..

Rossymore
8th March 2013, 12:38 PM
It's needs a pre-evolution to be sure. Because baby Pokemon contribute so much as always. Stuff needs evolutions, not pre-evolutions.

Zak
9th March 2013, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't mind if Onix had a pre-evolution/baby, simply because that thing is so damn big.

Also, connect Miltank and Tauros somehow, like with Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan... a baby bovine thing that evolves into either based on gender.

Dark Sage
12th March 2013, 03:30 PM
As I've said before, a pre-evolution of Absol would be cute as Hell, but sadly, Gamefreak won't give us one, despite popular demand for it.

Heald
12th March 2013, 03:51 PM
Charizard.

[/thread]

In all seriousness, Golduck. I love that guy. Needs a proper Water/Psychic typing evo.

Knight of Time
12th March 2013, 04:15 PM
Also, connect Miltank and Tauros somehow, like with Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan... a baby bovine thing that evolves into either based on gender.

Funny you should mention a pre-evo for Miltank and Tauros, Zak...in one of the Gen VI polls I answered at Goldenrod Tower (in the AC/CC forum), I mentioned that same idea for a pre-evo for our favourite wild bull and milk cow Pokemon...but pushing that aside for a moment to focus on this topic, I'd personally like to see evolutions for Houndoom (Houndread, anyone?), Chatot, Farfetch'd, etc., and maybe a pre-evo of Kangashkan and/or a male counterpart that lacks the baby or something.

Whoo, coming up with ideas for pre-evos or evos of older Pokemon isn't as easy as I thought...I just hope Nintendo will be obliged to introduce evolutions of some of the suckiest Pokemon that pretty much nobody uses due to terrible all-around base stats...maybe then they might get their Pokemon-themed improvement award or whatever.

But back to the Miltank/Tauros pre-evo, like I mentioned at Goldenrod Tower, the only way I see a pre-evo working for them is if it only knew Tackle, but then again, I just remembered that Tauros gets no egg moves, so this idea is pretty much one that may be easy to imagine, but possibly hard to make a reality.