PDA

View Full Version : ~*Altaria's Cloud*~

Mild_Altaria
4th May 2003, 10:08 PM
Okay, This is my first real story for the fanfic section. The title of this story, as you can see is Altaria’s Cloud. It takes place on a world that was newly discovered. This new world is about the size of Houen. The location, though, where this story takes place doesn’t really affect the plot. Also, this is not an RPG, although it may seem like that in the first five chapters. I would appreciate for all my readers to review the chapter that was previously posted and give any comments or suggestions on it. An overall rating would be nice, too. I will try and post a new chapter every night, although, sometimes it may be every other night. Okay, next I will post the introduction to Altaria’s Cloud. Hope you enjoy!

Introduction

A long time ago, in the forests of the new world, there were no people.

No houses, no buildings, no harmful pollution that humans often brought to places.

It was peaceful and quiet. Just what the pokemon there preferred.

The skies were clear and blue as far as you could see. It was a perfect environment for the Altaria there. They could roam the new world without any worries or cares.

Until one day, there was a ship sailing in to the island. This Ship was rather large carrying many people. The pokemon grew worried at what this might bring.

The next month was chaos for the island. Somehow, humans had now found this island and began changing it to their needs and forgetting that they shared this new world with pokemon too.

Huge Bulldozers came in to bulldoze all the trees down. People started building houses and buildings.

And more and more forests were being cut down, and so of course, more and more buildings and homes expanded to the interior of the new world.

This was bad for the pokemon. Their peaceful, quiet habitats were now being wrecked down. With more people coming, there was more pollution.

The pokemon in this region were tired of this, but there was nothing they could do. All the pokemon that shared this vast island were now being cramped in only a small portion of it where the only forest was left from what the humans had cut down. There was no room. No room for any of the pokemon to live there normal, regular lives.

All the Altaria in this Region couldn’t live in this condensed environment. So, altogether, they flew, up to the sky, as quickly as they could to get away from the pure destruction on the surface.

Where could they go, though, in this vast sky?

That’s when they all came together and united into one. United into one solid cloud that would be the place for all future Altaria to go when the surface was wrecked of havoc.

The Altaria had sacrificed themselves for the future Altaria so that they wouldn’t have to go through what they did.

Now, no one is quite sure how this occurred, for no one was there to witness the phenomenon. But one thing is for certain.

This would be the place for all future Altaria to go.

totodilelover
4th May 2003, 10:11 PM
Hey, cool your posting here. I read it again here and I just love that introduction. This is going to be a really good fic. People I think will enjoy it here too. If your wondering im thejumpoff.

Lady Vulpix
5th May 2003, 01:00 PM
Oh... I feel really sorry for those Altaria.
But it will be nice to see how this story develops.

Powarun
5th May 2003, 04:21 PM
Whoa, for an intro it was very good, just where is it leading to. Like how humans are wrong, how true.

Mild_Altaria
5th May 2003, 06:02 PM
Well Actually,
The story is about this Boy and his Altaria who suddenly get blown off course from where they were flying to, to a mysterious place, as you will find out later in the story. Later in the story, Humans have caused so much destruction to this mysterious place that it ends up costing something in return. That might have not made sense what i posted above because I couldn't say what is going to happen later in the story however I think you will also like it a lot.

Mild_Altaria
5th May 2003, 11:15 PM
It was quiet outside. The cool breeze blowing causing the leaves on the high trees to hiss in a silent motion.

The day in Nimbus was almost over. The sun was setting, setting in the wide horizon. It caused many beautiful colors to appear in the sky. Purples and Pinks blended in with each other, and red mixed with orange the closer it got to the sun.

The sun seemed as it was as big as the Earth as it reflected in the sparkling ocean. The water glistened with the bright sunlight shining at it. The ripples in the water made the reflection appear as the sun was moving. It was calm and peaceful.

The sand on the beach was soft and warm. It was a darkish tan color. All was quiet, all was still.

In the distance stood a trainer. A pokemon trainer who appeared to be around age 13 or 14. He looked tall, probably standing 5’5 feet, and slender. He had short dirty blonde hair that was combed neatly. He was wearing a green shirt with blue jeans and he had on a light blue jacket. He seemed to have a pokemon with him, an Altaria.

His Altaria was beautiful and shimmered with radiance. It was elegant and graceful and it looked like it was fairly strong, too.

They stood outside of the local Pokemon Center. It looked as if they were going to enter it after they enjoy the rich majesty of the sky from where they were standing outside.

Jacob and Altaria took a step and the glass automatic door to get in opened for them. It was bright and rather large inside. To the right was the area where the telephones were located as well as a restroom. To the left was the waiting area with many chairs. There were two boys sitting over there playing some card game, as it appeared.

Jacob walked forward to the main desk where Nurse Joy stood with a smile on her face, as she usually did.

“Hello, welcome to the Pokemon Center! How can I help you?” Nurse Joy spoke to Jacob in a sweet but rather perky voice.

Jacob looked down at his Altaria and then back up at Nurse Joy.

“Well, Nurse Joy,” Jacob took a quick pause, “ lately my Altaria has been acting sort of weird. I am not sure, though, what is wrong with it…” Jacob looked back down at Altaria.

Altaria looked plain tired and exhausted as he had been the past few days. Jacob was worried. Nurse Joy stepped out behind her desk at made her way to the Altaria standing at Jacob’s side.

She bent down and examined the Altaria closely. She looked around carefully.

“Hmm….” She spoke out softly. It made Jacob very more anxious and curious to what was wrong with his friend Altaria. She studied it a little longer and then stood back up.

“Jacob, your Altaria is fine….it just has a case of the Pokerus.” Nurse Joy spoke to Jacob.

She didn’t seem worried at all so whatever this “Pokerus” was must not be very serious. Jacob was relieved. Although he was quite bewildered when he heard this.

“Pokerus…?” he asked to Nurse Joy in a confused voice, “what exactly is that?”

“Pokerus is an unusual syndrome that no one is quite sure how pokemon get it or what effects it has although many pokemon with Pokerus experiece what your Altaria has been going through; becoming exhausted more and tired.” Nurse Joy explained to Jacob as she pulled out a bed on wheels to put the Altaria on and bring it back into one of the rooms.

Jacob looked down at Altaria. Altaria looked as if it was going to faint right then and there. “Nurse Joy,” Jacob said trying to get her attention since she was focusing most of it on getting the little bed out, “if this syndrome isn’t very serious, then why does Altaria look so bad?”

Nurse Joy turned around as she finally pulled out the bed with wheels.

“Like I said, your Altaria is very exhausted right now. I will take him back and give him a medicine pill and then hook him up to an IV. “Your Altaria just needs some rest and tomorrow he should be well enough to leave.”

Jacob then watched as Nurse Joy and her two Chansey picked up Altaria and carefully placed him on the bed. Then the two Chansey started wheeling the bed off until they reached the third room on the left. Nurse Joy was fallowing close behind.

Jacob thought he would just stay here for the night. Jacob turned around and started making it toward the small waiting room. He found an open seat and sat down right in it. To be honest, Jacob was pretty exhausted too.

Maybe it had been from the previous battle he just had with a skilled trainer in the route before Nimbus. Jacob remembered it very clearly.

His opponent had sent out a Breloom. Jacob’s Altaria had done well against the Breloom being that Altaria’s flying type attacks were super effective against him. Breloom really never had a chance.

“Heh,” Jacob chuckled to himself.

He was already starting to get bored and he had only waited 10 minutes. He looked around the inside of the Pokemon center due to boredom.

It was like a dome. The center of it was the highest point and as it got closer to the outside it became lower. Jacob hadn’t noticed this before.

30 minutes had now passed and Jacob was now growing more bored.

Just then, Nurse Joy had suddenly walked back to her desk and motioned for Jacob to come up.

“Jacob, your Altaria is doing fine. Like I said, you will probably be able to take him tomorrow but I would like for him to rest here for tonight.”

“Nurse Joy, do you have any rooms available? I would like to spend the night here rather than walking home in the dark.”

“One second, let me check.” Nurse Joy began typing quickly on her computer to see if there were any rooms available.

“Hmm…” she spoke out softly, “Oh wait, yes we do! We have only one room available. I will mark you down for it.” Nurse Joy bent down and opened up her filing cabinet to get the key for the room.

“Here you go…enjoy your stay here!” Nurse Joy said to Jacob with a friendly smile.

“Thank you, Nurse Joy.” Jacob smiled back.

He took the key and looked at what room number he had. He was tired and wanted to get to bed right away.

As he walked back and then made a right to go to the hall to get to the room, he couldn’t help but hearing a conversation between two people sitting closely to him as he walked by.

As he got to where they were talking he quietly took a seat by one of them and pretended like he was just reading a magazine.

“So did you hear about the trainer, Aikya tomorrow and how she is going to be standing at the entrance of Eldon’s Woods and battle anyone who challenges her? I hear she is a pretty good trainer, too.” He heard one of them say.

The other one looked up and replied, “Woah, cool. Yeah, I will go, too. What time is it at, though?”

The other one responded back, “She will be standing out there at noon. I might come early though because I know there are a lot of people who are going to want to battle her. So far, she has only lost to 4 trainers out of battling 176.”

The other one now had a shocked expression on his face, as did Jacob. This trainer sounded good and Jacob thought it would be good to battle a skilled trainer. Jacob decided that only if his Altaria was feeling good, then he would go there, at the entrance of Eldon’s Woods to battle whoever this talented trainer was.

It was too late though for him to think about it. Jacob got up from his seat, set the magazine down that he was “pretending to read,” and headed down the main hall. He finally came across his room number that matched his key.

He stuck they key in and then turned the handle and in he walked. He set his backpack on one of the tables as well as his key. He slipped off his Jacket and set it on the Coat rack.

He immediately hopped into bed and fell instantly asleep. It was very comfortable laying here in the silence and the warm, fluffy bed.

Jacob looked forward tomorrow. He hoped Altaria could battle and that Altaria would feel well again.

Okay, this is the first chapter in my story, Altaria's Cloud. This first chapter, I will admit, was probably the hardest because I had to introduce you to the character and his pokemon. Like all great books, the action in them doesn't really start until after the first two or three chapters. Well, anyways, I hoped you like this one and I will be posting Chapter two tomorrow.

Lady Vulpix
6th May 2003, 01:35 PM
That was nice, Mild_Altaria. :)
Oh, even the name of the city is cloud-themed!
Only one thing: the Sun is bigger than the Earth. But I guess you knew that already.

Mild_Altaria
6th May 2003, 11:35 PM
It was late. The wind was howling against the Window in the room Jacob was staying at. It beat against the outside wall.

The moon outside was a full one and it lit up the forest that surrounded the Pokemon Center. The trees blew abruptly as did the grass on the ground.

Jacob lay sound asleep in his nice warm bed. And his Altaria in the next room.

Nurse Joy had closed up the Center and turned off all the lights in the main room. It was about midnight. After she finished locking everything up, she decided it would be time for her to go to bed.

Everyone lay sound asleep in there warm beds. Jacob tossed a little and then opened his eyes half way at a faint sound he heard coming from the room next to him; the one Altaria was in.

Jacob got out of bed slowly, rubbing his eyes. He walked over to the door and then opened it after a few tries from it being so dark in the room, although the little light that was in the room from the moonlight did help him get around.

He walked down a ways until he was sure that he was in front of the room that Altaria was sleeping in.

Jacob put his hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly making a rather creaking sound as he actually opened the door very slowly. He didn’t open it all the way. He didn’t want to wake his Altaria up or anything. It needed its rest. He simply just wanted to see what the faint sound was.

He peeked his head in the door and saw. There, on that small bed, lay his Altaria. It was asleep with its eyes closed. The noise he heard must of have been from the IV machine.

Jacob watched in the room at his wonderful Altaria sleeping.

Quietly he spoke to himself, “Oh Altaria, my friend, my companion. I don’t know what I would do without you.” Jacob lifted his head out and closed the door.

He then started to head back to his room. He walked in and lay on his bed. He spent a few minutes just thinking about nothing in particular, and then he silently fell asleep.

The night was calm and peaceful, though it would soon be morning.

It was a nice morning, with the Tailow chirping and the cool breeze blowing. The sun began to creep onto the wide horizon as it rose to wake up the City.

It was clear outside with no clouds. It was a bright sunny day and the temperature was nice, too.

Jacob awoke to the rays of the sunlight peeping in through his window, onto his face. He got up rather slowly and he stretched and yawned. He had woken up from a good nights sleep and he felt ready to conquer in unknown adventures he was going to face today.

Quietly, Jacob got out of bed and stretched once more.

He walked over to the window and looked out. The room he was in was the back of the pokemon Center so Jacob faced the woods; the dense, leafy woods.

He saw many different pokemon including Jumpluff and other grassland dwellers.

Jacob walked back away from the curtain to where his backpack was sitting on a small desk against a wall across Jacob’s bed. He opened it up, and got the clothes out that he would be wearing today.

Jacob had remembered about the battle today at Eldon’s Woods. After he changed into his clothes, he suddenly walked out of the room, very much anticipating to see how his Altaria was doing.

He thought he would walk in Altaria’s room to see but he didn’t want to wake Altaria up if it was sleeping. So instead he made his way to the main lobby of the Pokemon Center where he found Nurse Joy sitting at her Desk looking at something on her computer.

She was sipping her coffee slowly as she rapidly typed on the keyboard. She had not noticed Jacob when he walked up to her, so he cleared his throat as a way to get her attention.

“Oh Hi, Jacob! Did you sleep well?” Nurse Joy looked up from her computer at Jacob and she smiled.

“Yes, thank you for asking. Um…so how is Altaria.” Jacob spoke to Nurse Joy.

She then got up from her desk rather quickly, “Follow me.”

As she walked down the hall and then finally to the door that entered into Altaria’s room.

“Your Altaria has recovered very well. I think you should be able to take him home now.” Nurse Joy spoke as she opened the door.

Altaria was lying on the bed and he had looked 100% better.

“Altaria!” Jacob shouted as he ran toward Altaria and hugging him tightly. Jacob was glad that Altaria was better.

“Okay, let’s go Altaria,” Jacob said while he motioned for Altaria to come.

Altaria got out of the bed and together they started walking out when Jacob stopped to thank Nurse Joy.

“Thank you, Nurse Joy, for healing my Altaria!” Nurse Joy closed the door behind them and they all walked together down the hall to get to the main room.

“No problem, Jacob, I was glad that I was able to.” They finally got there and Jacob and Altaria were going to leave now.

They walked towards the door as Jacob turned around and waved to Nurse Joy.

“Oh wait!” Jacob stopped right in time before the automatic door opened.

He raced back to the front desk where Nurse Joy was standing confused.

“My key,” he said while he took it out of his pocket and handed it to her.

She chuckled a little, “Thank you.” Now Jacob was ready to leave with Altaria. He walked back to the door and it opened for him. He then stepped out.

The air was fresh that morning, as it usually way in Nimbus. Jacob began walking with Altaria by his side. He was heading toward the entrance of Eldon’s Woods.

He wanted to meet this skilled trainer, Aikya. He was actually pretty close to Eldon’s Woods and it would probably on take him 5 minutes.

Him and his Altaria were walking. The view of the path they were taking to get there was pretty. He saw more Jumpluff and he also noticed some sweet Bellessoom as they danced in the open field. Jacob wondered how good this Aikya might be.

He thought for a moment and then he spoke out to his Altaria, “Altaria, no matter how good this Aikya trainer is, I will have confidence in you.” Jacob and Altaria soon became cheered by the sweet sounds of the chirping Tailow.

Jacob looked up. Eldon’s Woods was in sight. Jacob and Altaria began walking faster.

Faster and faster and faster until they stopped for breath. Jacob was now very close to the entrance. He could even here a battle going on between who he thought was Aikya and another trainer.

He and Altaria started running again. They were so close. They were almost there when all of a sudden a young boy jumped out right in front of them, halting them abruptly.

Mild_Altaria
6th May 2003, 11:36 PM
“You there! Stop!” this young boy called out.

“Ahh!” Jacob cried out as he almost fell from running so quickly and then stopping in a half a second.

“My name is Ben and I am the trainer that you must defeat to go on and battle the mighty Aikya. I am like a test to determine if you are worthy enough. If you beat me, then you can proceed. If you lose, I suggest you train some more.”

This trainer was short and heavy. He had on a cap that covered his short black hair. He had on a Red shirt and Tan pants.

Jacob was a little confused at first.

“Well, send out your pokemon!” the trainer yelled out impatiently.

Despite Jacob’s confusion, he would battle with this anonymous trainer. Jacob was going to use his Altaria for Aikya and so he didn’t want to tire him out. So, Jacob sent out his only other pokemon, Milotic.

“Flygon, Go!” the trainer yelled loudly, as he was determined to beat Jacob.

Jacob got the Pokeball from out of his backpack and threw it to the field at which he was battling on. Out came Jacob’s beautiful Milotic.

Here it was, Flygon and Milotic getting ready to attack on this open, dry field of long dead grass.

“Flygon, use Dig!” The Flygon flew down to the ground and quickly dug a deep hole with its claws.

Jacob knew that whatever attack Milotic used wouldn’t hit the Flygon so instead Jacob yelled out, “Milotic, use Rain Dance!” Milotic’s eyes glowed and suddenly, the bright clear sky became clouded out by thick rain clouds that were causing it to rain. Milotic’s water attack damage would now be enhanced.

The rain came down lightly and soundly.

And then all of a sudden, from right underneath Milotic, Flygon had thrashed up right out of the ground sending Milotic in a leap towards the sky and plunging back down.

“Ah! Milotic, are you okay?” Jacob yelled with worries on his face.

Milotic was fine though as it got back up and ready for the next order given by Jacob.

“Alright, Milotic, use your Ice Beam!” Milotic raised her chin up and opened her mouth widely and a large beam of ice had been shot out directly towards Flygon.

“Flygon, dodge it!” Flygon had done just that, he dodges every Ice beam that Milotic fired at him until he finally came close enough and used a Dragon Claw, directly hitting Milotic.

“Yay! Good job, Flygon!” The trainer hopped up and down.

Jacob was worried. “Milotic, are you okay?” Jacob stood there a few seconds awaiting Milotic’s reply, but he was surprised when Milotic got back up, and had a very determined look on her face.

Jacob was now proud. Proud of his Milotic for being so strong.

“Okay Milotic, we can beat them. Give that Flygon a full hydro pump!”

Milotic stood there for a split second, and then all of a sudden, released on of the biggest blast of water Jacob had ever seen his Milotic do. Flygon had little time to escape the Hydro Pump and he was hit.

He fell to the ground and flinched. This gave Jacob a perfect opportunity and fainting Flygon.

“Flygon! Get back up!” the trainer had yelled.

“Alright Milotic, finish Flygon off with an Ice beam!” Milotic focused in on Flygon and released a full beam of ice, directly hitting the Flygon, which, by the way, was super affective.

Instantly, Flygon was frozen into a thick ice cube. Jacob had beaten this trainer and his Flygon.

“Good job, Milotic!” Jacob yelled as he ran toward his tired, worn out Milotic from battling so hard.

“Here, you need a rest,” Jacob spoke softly to his Milotic as he put her back in the Pokeball. The trainer had also ran over to his frozen Flygon.

He examined it a few seconds and then looked back up at Jacob.

“You are a talented trainer, I must say. You may pass on and battle Aikya. Then the trainer picked up the frozen cube Flygon was in and carried him back into the bushed he had jumped out of. He looked like he was having a pretty hard time though with lifting the heave ice cube.

As he made his exit into the bushes, Jacob began walking on. Then he came up to Aikya

Mild_Altaria
6th May 2003, 11:38 PM
Continued
“Um..Hi, my name is Jacob and I would like to battle you. I have already defeated the trainer standing up by the road who said I had to beat him to challenge you…” Jacob was a little nervous with talking with Aikya and he didn’t know why.

Aikya was tall and slender and she had long black, cleaned hair. She was wearing dark green pants and a blue and green shirt.

“I am Aikya…so you wish to battle me…fine then. The rules are we will both use only one pokemon. The pokemon that faints first loses. You understand though. Now let’s begin. I will have more challengers soon.” Aikya spoke rather sternly to Jacob.

Maybe that was why he was nervous about battling her.

Okay, Jacob was ready and so was Aikya.

“Go, Roselia! Aikya thrusted her arm outwards releasing the Pokeball and her little Roselia soon came out.

“Hmm…a Roselia…” Jacob was not familiar with this certain pokemon.

Oh well. “Altaria, go!” Jacob shot out his arm towards the battlefield, which was now full of rich grass and flowers unlike the battlefield he had with the previous trainer.

Jacob thought to himself that this battle would fairly easy because his Altaria’s attacks would be super affective against Roselia. He didn’t let his guard down, though.

“Roselia, use sleep powder.”

Roselia began shaking the two ends of its petals and a magic dust like substance soon spread to where Altaria was standing.

“Altaria, try and dodge it.” But no matter where Altaria went, the sleep powder eventually put Altaria to sleep.

“Good job, Roselia. Now use Razor Leaf.”

Jacob wanted to give an attack for his Altaria to use, but Altaria was just laying there asleep from the powder.

Leaves shot out when the Roselia would quickly move around its two arms. The leafs struck Altaria in the back, and it was enough to wake Altaria up.

It had hurt the Altaria though, being that the Roselia had used much energy in shooting the leaves.

“Alright Altaria. Use Dragon Dance.”

Altaria began to glow brightly and as it did, its Attack and Speed were being raised.

Roselia looked as if it had when it had first entered the field; not tired at all.

“Roselia,” Aikya shouted loudly, “use sunny day!” The end of Roselia’s two petals began to glow and all of a sudden, the rain clouds that Milotic had created had disappeared and it was now very sunny.

Jacob stood there trying to think of a strategy. He decided he would use a flying type attack since it would be super effective.

“Altaria! Use Aerial Ace!” Altaria quickly flew so fast that it could hardly be seen and struck the Roselia.

Roselia had fell down, but it soon got up. Jacob could tell though that Roselia was starting to tire.

“Roselia, Use the strongest Solar Beam you have ever used!”

The tips of Roselia’s two petals began absorbing sunlight and all that energy was being stored at the tips of the petals. Then, it pointed the two petals at Altaria, and released the Solar Beam, striking Altaria off guard.

Altaria was knocked to the ground.

Jacob was shocked. How could such a small pokemon harm his Altaria like that?

“Altaria…can you still battle?”

Altaria was trempling to get up. Jacob wasn’t sure if he should return Altaria and forfeit or wait and see how Altaria was. But, just like that, Altaria sprung up like it took no effort at all.

Altaria looked back at Jacob and smiled. Jacob knew now that Altaria was determined to win. Aikya had a sort of a shocked expression on her face when she saw Altaria bounce back up like that.

Jacob had the opportunity to give out an attack, and he wasn’t going to pass it up.

“Altaria….Sky Attack!”

Now Aikya looked worried for she knew that Sky Attack spelled disaster for her Roselia. She tried to stop Altaria before it could fly to the the sky and proceed with the move by her Rosleia using another Razor leaf, but it just missed and Altaria was getting ready to use that attack.

Aikya started to stutter when she gave out the order to her Roselia. “Uh..Roselia…um..dodge it…”

Altaria was getting ready to use the move. He swayed down plunging to the Roselia causing him to move faster and faster and then when he reached around 2 inches above the Roselia, he swayed up.

That caused a big rip in the air to come straight at the Roselia. Roselia had fallen and it showed no sign of getting up.

Altaria flew back down, ready to use another attack if necessary.

“No! Roselia!” Then she admitted the fact to herself that she had been beaten.

She recalled her Roselia back and waited until Jacob was finished running towards his Altaria and hugging him as hard as he could.

“Altaria! We did it! You did an awesome job!” Jacob was proud of his Altaria. Jacob knew that Altaria was probably tired though, so he let his Altaria into its pokeball.

“Good job, Jacob. I must admit you are a pretty good trainer. I was told by the leader at the Majestic Palace to give these out to anyone who beats me…”

“Hmm?” Jacob interrupted her, “the Majestic Palace…? I have not heard of that.”

Aikya walked towards Jacob. “Just read this.”

She handed him a small envelope that had a letter inside. “Now, I have other trainers to battle me…”

Jacob was confused. “But…what is this and what is the….”

“Just read it…now go.” Aikya had sounded cross at Jacob.

Jacob was still confused, but he walked away a little from away where Aikya and her opponent were standing.

He opened up the envelope quickly. He was curious to see what was inside. After he had finished opening it, he pulled out the letter inside. It read:

“You have been cordially invited to join in the Majestic Palace League of experienced pokemon trainers to compete for the ultimate title.”

Jacob quit reading it as it started to rain a little.

He put the letter back in the envelope. He didn’t want it to get wet. He would read the rest when he got home.

He started to walk quickly heading up to his house, which was probably 2 miles away. It was weird that it had started raining. Just this morning it was clear and nice outside.

“Oh well,” Jacob said to himself as he hurried on home.

Okay, the reason this is three posts long for Chapter 2 is because it had more words than the limit is and also I divided it up to where it would sound good. How I did it was the only possbile way, so please don't get mad at me. Okay, anyways, I hope you enjoy this Chapter! Chapter 3 will be tomorrow.

Mild_Altaria
7th May 2003, 10:46 PM
Jacob ran quickly in the rain as it started to pour down heavier.

He took out his scrunched up hat that was shoved into one of his Backpack pockets and put it on his head to keep that part of his body dry.

It was also getting windy. Every few minutes there would be a strong spurt of wind.

Jacob knew he would get home faster if he flew on his Altaria. So he released the pokeball and out came his Altaria, still a little worn out from the battle.

Jacob hopped on his back. “Altaria, go.” Jacob called as his Altaria started flying quickly forward. Jacob was coming closer to his house and it was almost in sight.

The trees in the distance were swaying rapidly. The leafs were starting to blow off of them and into Jacob’s face. A few minutes had passed and Jacob was now at his house.

Him and Altaria ran quickly into the house.

Jacob’s house was rather big. It was a two-story house. It had brick on the lower portion and then white siding on up. The front had many windows with forest green shutters.

Jacob walked in and took of his muddy wet shoes and set them by a mat that was lying by the door he entered. Jacob hadn’t gotten very wet, which he was thankful for. Altaria hadn’t gotten that wet either.

Jacob looked around. It seemed his mom was home but he wasn’t sure where. Maybe she was upstairs.

“Mom,” Jacob yelled loudly, but no one answered.

He shrugged and walked over to in the kitchen where he sat down at the big oak table to read the letter he had received earlier from Aikya. He took it back out of his backpack, set his backpack on the floor, and then began pulling the letter in the envelope back out.

He looked down at the small cursive writing. The letter read;

“You have been cordially invited to join in the Majestic Palace League of experienced pokemon trainers to compete for the ultimate title. You have received this letter by defeating one of one of our scouts. Majestic Palace, or referred to as MP is located in route 37, right near the center of the ocean. How you get here is up to you but you will have exactly one week. After that, the registration forms to enter the league will not be handed out. Below is a map, if you need to use, to help you better find the MP castle. Thank you for reading this and we hope you participate!”

Wow, Jacob was a little shocked that he was accepted into an actual official pokemon league. It was big news. He had to go there!

He started to get excited when he couldn’t hold it in any longer and he jumped up and started yelling with joy.

Suddenly Jacob’s mom ran down the stairs with a worried expression on her face.

“Jacob! Jacob! Whatever is the matter?!” Jacob quit jumping for a second and picked up the letter sitting on the table.

“Read this, Mom!” Jacob spoke to her as he handed her the letter.

She looked down and after a few moments she looked up. She too now had an excited look on her face.

“That is wonderful, Jacob! I am so proud of you!” She went over to him and hugged him.

Altaria seemed happy too.

Jacob knew that he only had a week. Only one week to buy all the stuff he would need and then fly there on Altaria.

“Mom, I must immediately start packing up to leave. I only have one week to get there.” Jacob studied the letter once more, just re-looking at all the words he had read before.

“Jacob, I will give you some money and you can go to the Pokemon Mall. They have a lot of neat and useful items there.” Jacob’s mom went for her purse.

“Thanks, Mom! I will need potions and pokeballs and revives and…” Jacob stopped when his mother handed him the money he could spend.

“Jacob,” Jacob’s mom said to Jacob as she put her purse back, “ go out and get whatever you will need tonight and then tomorrow morning you can set out. Um…do you know how to get there?”

Jacob picked the letter back up and went over the map to get there.

“Yes, Mom. I have the map here and I will bring it with me.”

“Okay, good idea. Now go off and get everything you’ll need. Be back later tonight!” Jacob’s mom spoke to Jacob as she walked toward the door to open it for him. He followed her out to his front porch.

It was weird, but it had quit raining. It was still a little cloudy outside, though, but it seemed as if it was clearing up.

Jacob and Altaria began walking. They were actually tired and there legs hurt from walking so much that day, but they were too excited anyways to even notice.

They kept walking a few more minutes and finally they were near the Mall.

“So Altaria, which store should we go in first?” Jacob asked the rhetorical question to Altaria.

They came up to the door and walked in it. They saw many friendly people standing around, looking at different items.

Jacob saw the front desk and walked toward it.

“Hello, welcome to Nimbus Pokemon Mall. How can I help you?”

Jacob wasn’t sure what he should get. “Hmm…well, I am going to be traveling soon with my Altaria and I wanted to buy items that would prove useful in my little journey.”

The lady behind the front desk stopped and was thinking for a few moments.

“I believe that the 3rd floor contains items that you are interested in. The elevator is located to your right.”

Jacob turned and saw the Elevator.

“Thank you,” he said to the lady as he began walking to the elevator. It had opened right when he got there.

He walked in and pressed for the 3rd floor. There was a little buzzing sound and finally the door had opened and Jacob was now on the third floor.

It was big where he was and there was many items set up everywhere.

He started browsing different shelves and tables. He had found a few things, actually, including a few revives that he would buy, two ethers, three max potions, and 5 regular potions.

Then he found the ball section. He decided that he would buy 6 Pokeballs and 4 Greatballs.

He made his way to the counter. He could barely carry all of this, but he managed.

After he made his purchase, he headed back down to the first floor and then exited out.

All of his items had been put in a bag which made it easier to carry. Jacob was so glad that he and his Altaria would be able to participate in such a wonderful event.

By now, the dark clouds had gone away, yet there were still clouds in the sky; they were white and looked fluffy. The sun was shining brighter too.

Jacob walked back to his house and walked in.

His mom was sitting at the table, going over the letter, “So what did you buy?” Jacob’s mom asked him as she got up and walked toward him.

He set down the bags and then they both looked through them together.

“Oh neat..” Jacob’s mom said every few minutes while she looked through at all the items he had bought.

“Jacob, tomorrow morning you can set out on your adventure! But for now, I think it would be best to go to bed.” Jacob’s mom spoke to Jacob while she started packing all his items in his backpack.

“That sounds good, I am really tired anyways.”

Jacob and Altaria walked up the stairs and into his room. He started to change into his Pajamas and then he made down his bed.

He got in to it as Altaria did too. Jacob snuggled close to his Altaria.

Soon, he drifted off into a very deep sleep. He dreamt of the adventures that were soon coming his way.

Okay, I hoped you liked this chapter. Now, some of you may be thinking that Jacob will start on his adventure and this will be like an RPG through this new world and the battle at the Majestic palace will be the climax of the story. Well, you are wrong. I don't want to say to much because I don't want to give away any of the story, but as I said earlier, this is not an RPG.