PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Favorite Love Song

Razola
5th May 2003, 02:52 AM
That's song that gets you right there. Cause all the mushy feelings inside.

I'd say "Good Enough for Now," it's just so beautiful.

I_M_Greg
5th May 2003, 05:53 AM
I would have to say "Unchained Melody" by the Rightgous(sp?) Brothers. There isn't any replacement for the classics.

crazybone
5th May 2003, 06:24 AM
Dunno if it counts, but Praise You ~ Fatboy Slim.

UmbreonCurse
5th May 2003, 11:04 AM
There are oh-so-many (I'm such a romance sap..) but my top favorite would be....hmmm

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls or
Something About us - Daft Punk

MarshmallowEgg
5th May 2003, 05:50 PM
Hmm... well, my ABSOLUTE favorite (at least for this week) is "Open Your Eyes (To Love)" by LMNT, because I'm on a Lizzie McGuire kick, and that song was in the movie. I also like "Things I'll Never Say" by Avril Lavigne, "Do You Remember" by Aaron Carter, and "You Get Me," by Michelle Branch. I am such a sucker for romance. It's sad.

Meowth_Kitten
5th May 2003, 06:10 PM
Love songs are my favorite types, no matter what the style of music. One of my most favorite love songs is "Can't Stop Loving You" by Van Halen. Though the song is rather fast beat and very not-slow, the lyrics are awesome and very sweet. :)

Madelyn151
5th May 2003, 06:57 PM
get busy. XD

but i like any songs...broadway musicals have the best love songs.

Gligar_Man
5th May 2003, 09:47 PM
smashing pumpkins, ava adore

soggy_cardboard
6th May 2003, 02:54 AM
Hmmm......

goo goo dolls - here is gone.:yes:

Drago
7th May 2003, 05:42 AM
Uh, can't choose between three meself.
First off, as UmbreonCurse just reminded me, Something About Us by Daft Punk. Gotta love the whole bouncy tune of it. Reminds me of a Sprite ad for some reason.
A Heart Full of Love, from the score of Les Miserables. Wow, doesn't that sound classy. Beautiful tune, beautiful concept. Still thought Eponine was better though. ^^;
And of course, the original and still the best, Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. :D ...Well, maybe that's not quite the image of romance, but still. Got a damn good beat.
-----------------------------

GreenShirT
7th May 2003, 07:18 AM
I dont really listen to many 'Love Songs' as such but I do like, Goo Goo Dolls - Iris and Always - Bon Jovi.
I remember once after beaking up with an Ex girlfriend I was a little upset and sad and almost evey time I put VH1 one (In the days when I only had VH1 or The Box) Must have been love by Roxette which is the most depressing song to hear when you have just broken up with someone but is it a love song, i dunno :P

pokemongeek
7th May 2003, 09:08 AM
I Have Many Favorite Love Songs. Here They Are:
Through the Fire, Ain't Nobody, and I Feel for You by Chaka Khan
Never Can Say Goodbye, Casanova Brown, and Honey Bee by Gloria Gaynor
Then Came You by The Spinners W/ Dionne Warwick
Love to Love You Baby, Hot Stuff, and Heaven Knows by Donna Summer
More, More, More by The Andrea True Connection
Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
I Want Your Love by Chic
Crazy for You, Take A Bow, I'll Remember, You Must Love Me, Open Your Heart, Justify My Love, Like A Prayer, Cherish, and Beautiful Stranger by Madonna

Ginger Cat
7th May 2003, 08:57 PM
It's a Dangerous Game from Jekyll and Hyde. What? It works well enough for me...
Aside from that, how about The Perfect Woman by Lollipop Lust Kill, or Everything I? The first is certainly a love song... *ahem*
Finally... Are You Sad and Made of Steel by Our Lady Peace.
Joy.

Asilynne
8th May 2003, 06:31 PM
Not that I actually like love songs or anything...^-^() Eheh.....but my favorite sort of love song, I guess some people could call it a love song..ANYWAY Bring me to Life by Evanescence, that song is awesome!

Oh and for the record, I was never here :P lol

Gligar_Man
9th May 2003, 07:40 AM
is hybrid moments a love song, by the misfits?

some lyrics = "oooh baby when you cry... if your gonna scream, scream with me..." etc.

AntiAsh Superstar
12th May 2003, 06:31 AM
Hehe, does 'I Love My Computer' by Bad Religion count? :o Seriously I might be inclined to say 'Just Like Heaven' by The Cure, tho the many many more light hearted songs about relationships by the Silver Ginger 5 (e.g. Anyway But Maybe, Divine Imperfection) strike me as being better songs, but that's prolly coz I'm a Wildhearts fanatic. :)

classy_cat18
13th May 2003, 04:53 PM
"Beautiful Stranger" by Madonna. Don't know why, but it just suits me. I'm always falling head over heels for some stranger.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
13th May 2003, 06:42 PM
Would "Hale's Song" (Sp?) by Eminem count as a love song? That the only one of his songs that actually touched me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th May 2003, 12:01 AM
It must be La Soldier from the anime BiShooJoSenShi Sailor Moon. That song has a strong association to a certain girl inside my head. I am not sure if my kanji, katakana and hiragana version, 'Finnish' romanization and translation are correct, though:

http://www.edu.haapavesi.fi/~mitanska/LaSoldier.jpg

Kore ijoo muri yo matenai wa
Suresure de owarasenaide
Anata no subete hoshii
Futari wo hedateta suraido ga
Harari suberiochite ato wa
Arawa ni sareta shinju
Manazashi ni semerarete
Kokoro wa sukitooru shin made

Ikusennen kurikaeshi~ta
Koi wa shimpi no tatakai ne
Anata kara no ai no moonlight
Abite watashi wa kawatte yuku
Azayaka ni himeyaka ni La Soldier

Motto kono mama de itai kedo
Hohoemi de kawasu wakare ni
Yakusoku wa kome nai ne
Mata aeru tsugi ga ashi~ta demo
Nihyakunen nochi demo onaji
Sadame ga mukae ni kuru
Kokoro no katachi sotto
Nazotte wasurezuni oboete

Meguri meguru roman no naka
Koi wa itsu demo tatakai ne
Watashi wa ima ai no lunatic
Kiseki mo yume mo misete ageru
Hateshinaku uruwashiku La Soldier

Ikusennen kurikaeshi~ta
Koi wa shimpi no tatakai ne
Anata kara no ai no moonlight
Abite watashi wa kawatte yuku
Azayaka ni himeyaka ni La Soldier

More than this is too much, I won't wait
So close do not let it end
I desire all of you
We two were separated by a slide, but
After a little downslip
Revealed divine gift
Judging from the glance
Heart becomes transparent

Repeated for countless milleniums
Love is an inexplicable battle, isn't it
In the moonlight of love I got from you
I bathe and transform
Brilliant, mysterious, La Soldier

I still want to be like this
In the parting where we exchange smiles
A promise is not included
Shall we meet again, say, tomorrow
Or perhaps after two centuries, all the same
It is our destiny to encounter
The shape of heart, secretly
Puzzle it, remember without forgetting

In a romance which whirls round and round
Love is always a battle
I am now the lunatic of love
I shall show you both miracles and dreams
Immortal, graceful, La Soldier

Repeated for countless milleniums
Love is an inexplicable battle, isn't it
In the moonlight of love I got from you
I bathe and transform
Brilliant, mysterious, La Soldier

OK, I'll shut up now :P

Azura Stardust
14th May 2003, 08:56 AM
kekekkee.... there are so many I like, I'm a sucker for them too :D

LESSEE.... I consider a lot of thins to be love songs. I have 1470 items in my playlist [I have bad memory so I probably can't remember anything else off my playlist] and I listen to at least half of it. So...

Here are my REEAAALLLL favourite mushy-mushy wuv songs. :D

1. Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Ok, so I like that song, so what. :P I think it sounds really cool and emotional and really nice. Just the last part the screaming was kind of... unnecessary -._-.
2. Jose Carreras and another person I should know but didn't write... - Amigos Para Siempre
I knew this since I was small. At first I thought they were singing "Ameego Paras Yempreh" or something o_O It may be a TAD repetitive but it's pretty nice. Especially when sung by someone with a good voice. :yes: I love the chorus, dammit.
3. Powder Blue by Barenaked Ladies. It's a pretty nice piece of music. And... well, I just like it! It's so sad, too...
4. Kokomo by the Beach Boys. I love the tune and the instrumental and stuff. And it makes you feel so relaxed. Ahhhh.... Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo :D Oh, yes, time to make a little hint... I HAVE NEVER WATCHED THE MUPPETS AND I HOPE YOU'D STOP RELATING THIS TO MUPPETS, CM, OR I SHALL PERSONALLY HIT YOU WITH A VOLLEYBALL. Well, I've gotten quite good at it.... I would say "I Get Around" too but thats not a love song. :P
5. Idunnowho - I don't know the exact name; is it "Birds Singing on a Sycamore Tree" or "Dream A Little Dream Of Me"?
It's a really sweet song. And its got that tune that really sticks in your head. So nice to mumble as you sit facing the wind...
6. Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
Classic song, really. How deep is your love?
7. Bee Gees - Words
K, the singing might be a little broken, but I love the lyrics. I simply do. And it's so powerfully emotional... Great song.
8. Beverly Knight - Shoulda WOulda Coulda
Describes the life of a "perfect" marraige. It's a love song that's really sad. It's so nice...
9. Billy Joel - The Longest Time
What can I say. It's cool, funky and has a catchy tune. And the lyrics are good, too. So is the singing!
10. George Michael / Wham! - Careless Whispers
Long-time classic. I finally found the song I deeply rembered hearing as a MIDI as a child. Guilty feet have got no rhythm! The sad story of a person cheating his friend and dancing his last dance.
11. Cutting Crew - Died In Your Arms Tonight
Falling in love with a fickle girl. Nice song. Memorable tune, too!
12. Ella Fitzgerald - Sophisticated Lady
It's a nice song about... a sophisticated lady. You miss hte love you lost, long ago.... And in this heart of yours burns a flame...
13. Elvis Presley - Kentucky Rain
Eh, I simply like the instrumental. And the tune. It's pretty nice too, about a guy who's looking for his love who suddenly left him and he goes and runs after her. In the Kentucky rain.
14. Elvis Presley (I not sure if he's the orignial singer) - Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Do I need to explain? ;\
15. Englebert Humperdinck - Lonely Is A Man WIthout Love
C'mon, I don't need to explain this one either. I'm addicted to the tune, too...
16. Firehouse (?) - I Live My Life For You
I love the tune. I think it's an 80s thing, but it's really nice. It'd have made agreat J-pop tune. Though I don't necessarly agree with the lyrics...
17. Four Seasons (?) - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Also a very classic tune. I may not agree with hte lyrics (They're ok) but the tune and stuff... it's just stuck in my head so bad. x) Made re-popular in Singapore because of a highly popular Heineken ad last Christmas.
18. Frank Sinatra - Saturday Night Is The Loneliest Night Of The Week
'Coz that's the night that my sweetie and I used to dance cheek to cheek... I don't mind Sunday nights at all, coz' thats the night friends come to call, And Monday to Friday go past... and another week has passed... Very nice jazzy tune and I like the lyrics and song.

I'd continue but I have to go to sleep. Plus I think that's enough for now ;)

The_Missing_Link
14th May 2003, 05:37 PM
I don't have any specific favorites, but I like pretty much anything from the Backstreet Boys and Billy Joel. Their music is fantastic, especially Billy Joel

Kireihana52
20th May 2003, 09:06 PM
My favorite love song is Sister Hazel's "All For You". I love that song, and I'm not really a love-song-liking person. But the funny thing is, I first heard it when I was playing the Tomb Raider series, so whenever I hear it I envision Laura Croft shooting the crap out of something. XD

The Goo Goo Dolls also have good love songs. I also like Aerosmith's "Cryin'", No Doubt's "Don't Speak" and Madonna's "Like A Prayer". I can't really think of any more though, but since I'm not a love-song-liking person I guess that's good..right? XD

Oh, the sappyness. :)