PDA

View Full Version : Underground Ruins Help Please!

CaptainJigglypuff
5th April 2013, 02:54 AM
I want to get all four Regis and am in the Underground Ruins but I cannot solve the puzzle. I know you go down 6 steps and nine steps right from the "eye" on the floor but WHERE do I start count? Can anyone please help me?

Rossymore
5th April 2013, 06:01 AM
Alright, from the circle in the middle, head 6 steps down, 9 steps right and press A, allowing you to find a hidden switch. Then, you'll be able to obtain Regirock. Catch it and you'll get a key for the Unova Link, allowing you to get either Regice in White 2, or Registeel in Black 2. If you have a friend on the opposite version who has the opposite key, you'll be able to transfer them via Infrared, so you can catch Registeel in White 2 and Regice in Black 2.

With all three Regis in tow, head to the basement of Twist Mountain, to the room with the Icy Rock and head into the door on the north wall. Complete the strength puzzle to get to the statue of Regigigas. Awaken it and catch it. And there you go. Somewhat convoluted and you need to use that damn key system to do it all, but the reward are four extra legendaries you could have just transferred from Platinum instead.

CaptainJigglypuff
5th April 2013, 06:17 AM
Alright, from the circle in the middle, head 6 steps down, 9 steps right and press A, allowing you to find a hidden switch. Then, you'll be able to obtain Regirock. Catch it and you'll get a key for the Unova Link, allowing you to get either Regice in White 2, or Registeel in Black 2. If you have a friend on the opposite version who has the opposite key, you'll be able to transfer them via Infrared, so you can catch Registeel in White 2 and Regice in Black 2.

With all three Regis in tow, head to the basement of Twist Mountain, to the room with the Icy Rock and head into the door on the north wall. Complete the strength puzzle to get to the statue of Regigigas. Awaken it and catch it. And there you go. Somewhat convoluted and you need to use that damn key system to do it all, but the reward are four extra legendaries you could have just transferred from Platinum instead.

Thanks but I never got the special Event Regigigas to unlock the others in Platinum. My area never had a place that held the event. :(

Dark Sage
5th April 2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks but I never got the special Event Regigigas to unlock the others in Platinum. My area never had a place that held the event. :(

There's no "Special Event Regigigas" here. In order to get the key that changes the chamber, you need to use the Unova Link, which requires someone else with a DS using the game you do NOT have. No special event is required.

If you have are playing White 2 and have caught Regice, you need to find someone with Black 2 who has caught Registeel. After using the Unova Link with that person, you will get a key that will let you change the setting on your game, changing the chamber that had Regice into it into the one that normally appears in Black 2 which has Registeel in it. Then you can catch Registeel, and have all three "normal" Regis. (You do the opposite if your game is Black 2.)

Regigigas is in the game, in the lowest level of Twist Mountain, standing there like an inanimate statue, much like it was in Platinum. You can only battle it - and catch it - if you have all three Regis, which you can accomplish usin the above method.

Rossymore
5th April 2013, 08:57 AM
That is what I said, the event Regigigas was one in Platinum that allowed you to catch the three Regis and then use them at Snowpoint Temple, eliminating the need of the Hoenn games, which is what you need for D/P. This time around, you have a crappy key system that's used for about three things, all post game really. It's an interesting feature, but the application is mediocre at best.

And as far as event exclusives go, I go for AR anyway, since I don't have another person near me that has a 3DS, let alone the opposite game to me, so I find that more reliable. At least this time I have Wi-Fi, so I got the event legendaries legitimately at least.

Dark Sage
5th April 2013, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't say that the ability to change from White Forest to Black City (or vice versa) is "mediocre at best". After all, each city sells certain Evolution Stones that you'd be hard-pressed to find otherwise (other than the few you find on the ground, the only other way is the dust clouds in caves, and the chance of the category of item is 1%. And even then it might not be the one you want.) And since Black City and White Forest sell different Stones, being able to access both is kind of useful.

Rossymore
5th April 2013, 10:43 AM
Oh yeah that's a nice feature, though getting through the battle facility to unlock some of those shops will take a couple of hours, least it's fun. But you are kinda screwed if you can't get those keys to begin with. It's a good feature, it just needs to be expanded upon, since the current options don't do a whole lot. And transferring keys should be either wireless or wi-fi, so you can still get those features even if you don't have the means to, since infrared is a little bit awkward.

Also, good they changed up Black City/White Forest from their previous incarnations, since Black City was kinda useless and gave players of White a huge edge on their Pokedex, and if you did nothing, it became empty with no real way of getting a back.

Dark Sage
5th April 2013, 12:10 PM
"Battle Factory"? That's a different place.

Black Tower andWhite Tree Hollow are easier than most such places bcause there are no rules at all regarding what Pokemon you take in there. You can bring your Lvl 100 Kyogre if you want and clean house. No trainer in there has a Pokemon more powerful than a Latias, and the max Level for a trainer's Pokemon there is 78 (I believe).

AND, unlike most Battle Institutions, your Pokemon gain XP in that place and get to keep it.

Which means, more or less, getting through one of the towers is quite easy once you've done the first.

CaptainJigglypuff
5th April 2013, 01:44 PM
"Battle Factory"? That's a different place.

Black Tower andWhite Tree Hollow are easier than most such places bcause there are no rules at all regarding what Pokemon you take in there. You can bring your Lvl 100 Kyogre if you want and clean house. No trainer in there has a Pokemon more powerful than a Latias, and the max Level for a trainer's Pokemon there is 78 (I believe).

AND, unlike most Battle Institutions, your Pokemon gain XP in that place and get to keep it.

Which means, more or less, getting through one of the towers is quite easy once you've done the first.

I agree. You can make a team with Mew, Arceus, Darkrai, Black/White Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram if you wanted to and use ANY moves with ease. And that's including Sky Drop, Dark Void, and Chatter.

Emerald_Gen.3
5th April 2013, 05:13 PM
I agree. You can make a team with Mew, Arceus, Darkrai, Black/White Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram if you wanted to and use ANY moves with ease. And that's including Sky Drop, Dark Void, and Chatter.

Only fags use legendaries :U

Rossymore
5th April 2013, 06:47 PM
But Ubers is so much fun. :(

CaptainJigglypuff
5th April 2013, 07:08 PM
It's interesting that Chatot is the ONLY non-legendary Pokemon to be banned from tournaments and the PWT. Anyone know why other than Chatter? What I mean is why can't you use it IF you make sure not to have Chatter?

ChobiChibi
5th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Only fags use legendaries :U

No. Just no. While I personally don't use them, I have some friends that properly EV train them for competitive battling. Fair play to them, I say.

I also beat one of their EV trained Level 100 Registeel with my Level 60, un-EV trained Sawsbuck. Literally made my day after losing to so many people XD

DarkestLight
6th April 2013, 01:46 PM
I wanna battle Chibz :/

Dark Sage
6th April 2013, 03:32 PM
It's interesting that Chatot is the ONLY non-legendary Pokemon to be banned from tournaments and the PWT. Anyone know why other than Chatter? What I mean is why can't you use it IF you make sure not to have Chatter?

Didn't they outlaw Garchomp too?

CaptainJigglypuff
6th April 2013, 03:43 PM
Garchomp is still legal.

Rossymore
6th April 2013, 05:17 PM
You're thinking competitively Sage, where Sand Veil Garchomp is banned but Rough Skin is not. But ingame battle facilities follow VGC rules, which ban mostly event and mascot legendaries (and Phione lol) as well as Chatter, Dark Void and Sky Drop.
And I also thought the move Chatter was banned, not the Pokémon itself, since Chatot is awful.

CaptainJigglypuff
6th April 2013, 05:50 PM
You're thinking competitively Sage, where Sand Veil Garchomp is banned but Rough Skin is not. But ingame battle facilities follow VGC rules, which ban mostly event and mascot legendaries (and Phione lol) as well as Chatter, Dark Void and Sky Drop.
And I also thought the move Chatter was banned, not the Pokémon itself, since Chatot is awful.

Chatot is banned from ALL competitions. Don't understand why....

Dark Sage
6th April 2013, 07:08 PM
Actually, this is the first time I've heard about Chatter too. I've never heard about it being a bad move.

Of course, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone claim that Chatot is a useful Pokemon either. I always figured it was just a gimmick Pokemon.