7th April 2013, 01:48 AM
Who's that Pokémon?

It's Mew...tant?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th April 2013, 01:49 AM
But ... why?

DarkestLight
7th April 2013, 02:16 AM
OWTF >_O REALLY? 6 GENS IN AND You combine with GENESECT? I....m...disappointed.

Jeff
7th April 2013, 04:08 AM
I don't even know what's real anymore. I guess the Pokemon company is photoshopping its own movie posters now.

Anyway, glad to hear it's a new Pokemon and not an alternate Mewtwo form like everyone thought.

Oslo
7th April 2013, 05:39 AM
I think it's pretty neat! I've always liked the idea of perhaps bringing new and existing Legendaries together into a game's main plot, so hopefully something along those lines will happen with this Generation.

Kumori
7th April 2013, 06:52 AM
Oh, god, the ugly bitch is real. It's. So. Ugly.

CaptainJigglypuff
7th April 2013, 06:59 AM
Oh, god, the ugly bitch is real. It's. So. Ugly.

Not as bad as Lickilicky or as I like to call it "Ickyicky." That thing looks SOOOOOOOOO much like a pile of lard. Even SNORLAX doesn't look THAT fat. And the name is the worst!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th April 2013, 10:46 AM
Snorlax was never ugly.

On a more on-topic note, what are the actual differences between Mewtwo and this so-called Mewthree? When I just quickly check the video I could think they are the same Pokemon.

And then about April Fools. On 2011/04/01, Gary Oak day, Jeff introduced a joke where you could place Pokemon in pictures taken with Nintendo 3DS. Only a few months went and it came true when PokeDex 3D came around. And now this.

One more thing, and that thing intrigues me above all. What kind of medication does Tajiri Satoshi have? For even with the stuff I use, I still get so eccentric and extraordinary ideas. Abilify may make me drool and prevent seeing to fourth dimension, but this makes me think Tajiri has some psychic powers and he doesn't have the proper medication to block them.

Or perhaps I'm just weirding out everyone.

shazza
7th April 2013, 11:04 AM
One more thing, and that thing intrigues me above all. What kind of medication does Tajiri Satoshi have? For even with the stuff I use, I still get so eccentric and extraordinary ideas. Abilify may make me drool and prevent seeing to fourth dimension, but this makes me think Tajiri has some psychic powers and he doesn't have the proper medication to block them.

Or perhaps I'm just weirding out everyone.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Mewthree

CaptainJigglypuff
7th April 2013, 11:29 AM
Snorlax was never ugly.

I never said it was. I just meant that "Ickyicky" is SOOOOOOOO fat looking that even Snorlax, one of the HEAVIEST Pokemon, looks better in relation to body shape.

Telume
7th April 2013, 12:36 PM
It looks like the love child of majin buu and mewtwo. :|

Ultimate Charizard
7th April 2013, 12:41 PM
Rhumours i have heard floating around...

They advertised Black/White Kyurem as 'all new Pokemon' on their release so theres nothing saying this couldnt be an alternate form Mewtwo.

This isnt Mewthree but is in fact the naturally evolved form of Mew and that in the end, Mewtwo gets to be 'a real boy' instead of the Science experiment.

DarkestLight
7th April 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved.....Mew?
AAAAAND I'm done.

Jeff
7th April 2013, 02:12 PM
It looks like the love child of majin buu and mewtwo. :|

I shall call it, Buutwo.

CaptainJigglypuff
7th April 2013, 03:01 PM
This isnt Mewthree but is in fact the naturally evolved form of Mew and that in the end, Mewtwo gets to be 'a real boy' instead of the Science experiment.

So you're saying that Mewtwo is made of wood and is followed by a Kricketot that acts as his conscienous and is often visited by the Blue Clefairy and wears ladies underwear?

Lady Vulpix
8th April 2013, 03:51 AM
Mikachu, why would anyone take medication to block psychic powers? Or creativity for that matter?

Anyway, I'm not sure this is real.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th April 2013, 04:21 AM
Mikachu, why would anyone take medication to block psychic powers? Or creativity for that matter?

It's not like mental health patients, rehabilitating customers or simply those who seek medical help more or less of their own free will, could choose their medication themselves. The doctor writes the prescription, although the customer can comment on it for instance in health care negotiations. I don't know if that's what you implied though. Anyways, I admit my last post may have crossed somewhere, and mental health care has advanced a lot during the past few decades. Methods like lobotomy or extremely heavy medication are long extinct. But if you have strange stuff in your blood, even a bit of it, it surely affects somehow and in some cases both being mentally ill and (at least negative attitude towards) medication can have a big influence in motivation. Sometimes I wish I could be completely cured of Asperger's and sometimes I wish I never had to take medication again. But unlike a certain TPM friend once said, I think Asperger's IS something one could be proud about, it provides an awesome boost to creativity and ideas nobody else could think of.

But is this really something to be discussed in this thread, although Mew and its evolutions are Psychic ;)

Magmar
8th April 2013, 08:26 AM
Since Mewtwo has free will and is self-aware, it could have modified its own form to become a more efficient machine.

Anyway I thought of this.

http://www.tomopop.com/ul/6337-CybermanHeader.jpg

CYBERMEW.

shazza
8th April 2013, 08:32 AM
Anyway, I'm not sure this is real.

The video was submitted by the official Pokemon YouTube channel. What indicates otherwise?

EngiMatikul
8th April 2013, 04:22 PM
Its Sp. Attack will be over 9000!

CaptainJigglypuff
8th April 2013, 06:20 PM
And yet no one noticed my reply to Kumori's comment?!

Blademaster
8th April 2013, 06:53 PM
I'd hope that it's relate to Mewtwo and not Mew since it's kind of hard to top a Pokemon that can already do - and be - ANYTHING.

I also hope it doesn't invalidate Mewtwo at all. For a long time, Mewtwo has been the ultimate Pokemon. It would be awfully cheap to just suddenly invalidate that.

DarkestLight
8th April 2013, 07:27 PM
<.<...Because Arceus didn't do that...no.

CaptainJigglypuff
8th April 2013, 07:46 PM
STILL no comment on my "Mewtwo/Pinnochio" reference?! I actually thought up all of that stuff on the spot!

Blademaster
8th April 2013, 08:39 PM
We've been over this before. Arceus nearly got its shit ruined by a meteor. Mewtwo went toe-to-toe with Mew and later reversed time itself.

And in game terms, Mewtwo absolutely WRECKS Dialga. Even Dark-type Arceus can't normally survive Mewtwo.

CaptainJigglypuff
8th April 2013, 08:56 PM
You have to admit that Blademaster has a good point. Not only did Mewtwo reverse time, it also erased everyon'es memory of it until Mewtwo Returns. It is also one of the few Pokemon to have easily overpowered Pikachu without even taking any damage at all. Granted this happened WAY before it became over powered beyond it's supposed to be but Mewtwo was able to make Pikachu actually stay inside a Pokeball for awhile instead of having it come out three seconds later. Nothing else has even come clse to THAT feat.

classy_cat18
8th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Not to mention that Mewtwo created a storm that had the potential to wipe out the world, something that very few Pokemon could accomplish (if any). Other Pokemon naturally have the same ability, but is it to that magnitude?

On top of that, he's a genius. Able to perfect the cloning process with any Pokemon. Created an elaborate palace complete with electricity via wind power. And in Mewtwo Returns he had a hideout in the wilderness that was somehow wired with security cameras.

Rossymore
8th April 2013, 09:43 PM
...it was a pretty big meteor.

CaptainJigglypuff
8th April 2013, 10:04 PM
Not to mention that Mewtwo created a storm that had the potential to wipe out the world, something that very few Pokemon could accomplish (if any). Other Pokemon naturally have the same ability, but is it to that magnitude?

Kyogre would come pretty close. It IS a rather large Pokemon and the rains it caused in Sapphire was pretty big when it came to where the heavy rain fell. I think in Sapphire and Emerald, Steven/Wallace had even said Kyogre could envelop the entire world in rain.

classy_cat18
8th April 2013, 10:17 PM
Kyogre would come pretty close. It IS a rather large Pokemon and the rains it caused in Sapphire was pretty big when it came to where the heavy rain fell. I think in Sapphire and Emerald, Steven/Wallace had even said Kyogre could envelop the entire world in rain.

Oh. Still, it's still pretty impressive for Mewtwo to do that since it's not a natural ability of his. And he still has knowledge in human technology, something that gives him an advantage.

DarkestLight
8th April 2013, 11:06 PM
o.O?

When the hell has Mewtwo done any of that?

*Hasn't seen Mewtwo do ANYTHING aside from the Cloning bit cause that was in Movie one.* Reverse time what? Mind erase what? He made them forget him in Movie one? I don't recall that either... Yeah..>.> I need proof

As for that meteor, Arc was blindsided. lol

abunaidesu
9th April 2013, 12:01 AM
gen vi is not off to a good start :(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th April 2013, 12:07 AM
You want proof, DL, you want proof?

TdIDZAj9DEk

Anybody can judge whether this evidence is good or not, matter of opinion.

I remember the mind erase thing, that's what Mewtwo Returns was all about. Ash and others had their memories erased in the end of Mewtwo Strikes Back and restored in Mewtwo Returns.

But for some odd reason, I didn't notice any time reverse thing?

classy_cat18
9th April 2013, 12:14 AM
I remember the mind erase thing, that's what Mewtwo Returns was all about. Ash and others had their memories erased in the end of Mewtwo Strikes Back and restored in Mewtwo Returns.

But for some odd reason, I didn't notice any time reverse thing?

Not restored. He just decided not to do it to them again.

And the time reverse thing was supposedly done in Mewtwo Strikes Back the same time as the memory wipe, although he might have just teleported them all back to the marina.

Drago
9th April 2013, 11:22 AM
I also hope it doesn't invalidate Mewtwo at all. For a long time, Mewtwo has been the ultimate Pokemon. It would be awfully cheap to just suddenly invalidate that.
Screw that. The correct answer for ultimate Pokemon is NINETALES. Yessirrrrrr.

Anyhow, this thing does not appeal to me visually, but it's no biggie. In my fury to 'catch 'em all', I shall seek it out all the same. It's not as ugly as Manaphy, at least.

CaptainJigglypuff
9th April 2013, 07:01 PM
Mewtwo DID erase evryone's memory at the end of Mewtwo Strikes Back. He even said, "I am going to erase these events from all the humans and their Pokemon who were here" or something similar. It's been a looong time since I saw it but I remember Mewtwo stating his intention of wiping everyone's memory.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th April 2013, 07:32 AM
Mewtwo DID erase evryone's memory at the end of Mewtwo Strikes Back. He even said, "I am going to erase these events from all the humans and their Pokemon who were here" or something similar. It's been a looong time since I saw it but I remember Mewtwo stating his intention of wiping everyone's memory.

Yes, he did say that. So everyone forgot about Mewtwo except Giovanni who wasn't on the island at that time.

Blademaster
12th April 2013, 01:48 PM
As for that meteor, Arc was blindsided. lol

That doesn't change the fact that a falling rock nearly killed it. :sweat:

DivineAll
13th April 2013, 12:30 PM
It's been confirmed: it's an alternate form Mewtwo. Thus we can ALL stop calling it Mewthree. Maybe Mutant Mewtwo, but not Mewthree.

Rossymore
13th April 2013, 12:51 PM
So what would an alternate forme bring to the table? Mewtwo has stats of 106/110/90/154/90/130. It's fast, has really damn high sp. atk and pretty cool physical attack. Would it be more defensive, siphoning points into defenses, or is it simply cosmetic, only active when Mewtwo knows a specific move. It did get Psystrike in this gen and that move has yet to debut in the anime. Argh, speculation that will be obsolete in six months.

Oslo
13th April 2013, 03:05 PM
From Serebii:

In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape. Thanks to gin

Welp, looks like booze makes Pokemon change forms. :O :O If I wasn't excited for Gen VI, I am now.

classy_cat18
13th April 2013, 03:54 PM
He'll be switching back and forth in the movie, right? I didn't wait all this time for Mewtwo to come back only for him to become...that! You're only supposed to give new forms to new Pokemon, darn it! *fangirl rage*

DarkestLight
15th April 2013, 03:55 AM
Oh god damn it no. :/ See..AUGH. It really is Freiza :/ I'm done.

And, WHY did they try to make it look more like Mew. Revert back to base cell morphology?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th April 2013, 06:45 AM
I like it a lot more then the original Mewtwo.

Blademaster
15th April 2013, 06:04 PM
Mewtwo has never been happy about being a clone... A new form DOES make sense from that viewpoint, considering the new form does away with some of its more artificial-looking features (Namely that weird spinal tube - that thing has NEVER looked good or served as a physiological positive.).

DivineAll
17th April 2013, 08:45 PM
So... we can no longer make DBZ jokes now either... or maybe we can since Mewtwo's new form is called Awakened Mewtwo. Did Mewtwo pull the Z Sword out as well... or is Mewtwo esntially just Tiki from Fire Emblem: Awakening? You decide.

classy_cat18
17th April 2013, 10:33 PM
Um...why does Mewtwo sound like a woman now?

DivineAll
17th April 2013, 10:52 PM
Um...why does Mewtwo sound like a woman now?

Uh... for the record... I was joking about the Fire Emblem: Awakening thing... o_O

classy_cat18
17th April 2013, 11:53 PM
Uh... for the record... I was joking about the Fire Emblem: Awakening thing... o_O

I meant the newest trailer for the movie. Mewtwo is being voiced by a woman.

CaptainJigglypuff
18th April 2013, 04:52 AM
I meant the newest trailer for the movie. Mewtwo is being voiced by a woman.

It'd be pretty ironic if Mewtwo's new voice for the English dub was the original voice of Freezia considering how much the Pokemon LOOKS like the DBZ villian in its normal form.

Blademaster
18th April 2013, 08:34 PM
Fuck that, Mewtwo is voiced by Dan Green. We all know this. It's not gonna change.

Pokemaster Ash
18th April 2013, 09:38 PM
Mewtwo was voiced by Dan Green back when the series was still being dubbed by 4Kids, who are LONG gone. Even the dub now may change Mewtwo's voice (to what extent, I'm not sure).

Still, it is quite weird that Mewtwo's voice has changed so drastically (I'm not sure, but I think I have a guess as to who his new seiyuu is). I wonder how they explain this, considering his old voice. Wouldn't be too surprised if Mewtwo made himself sound so menacing so no one in their right minds would mess with him and this is his real voice that we're hearing now that he's lightened up a bit (that is, if Mewtwo is still considered a he)

Also, I'd consider Mewtwo's new form a little closer to a Bankai or Resurreccion or something

classy_cat18
18th April 2013, 10:46 PM
But Mewtwo, even in Japan, had a very masculine voice. Now not only is he being voiced by a woman, but a feminine woman. Had he/she have had a deep, motherly like voice, I would understand. But now he sounds...so young and girly.

Can't be the same Mewtwo.

Pokemaster Ash
19th April 2013, 12:04 AM
Young and girly? I've heard Mewtwo's new voice and I don't think I'd go quite that far in describing it. Definitely female, though

Edretah
30th April 2013, 08:53 PM
I love this new metwo. Idk why but i think he looks so sick.