PDA

View Full Version : Leaked X/Y info

Jeff
14th May 2013, 08:51 AM
It seems that someone has been giving our old friend WPM some info on X and Y. The English names of the four new Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro were revealed today, but WPM posted them last night. Apparently the same source told WPM about Helioptile's signature move months ago, and about the fairy type long before most fans seriously expected it.

Here's the info that he's posted so far:

-Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. Confirmed to be strong against dragon, other matchups not confirmed yet
-Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy). Confirmed, but Mawile is not confirmed to be retyped yet.
-Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
-The professor's English name is Patrice.
-The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
-The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting. Confirmed that the first gym is bug
-A few attacks will be dual-typed.
-There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in. Confirmed
-You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.Confirmed that EVs and IVs will have more visibility

All I have to say is: Dual-typed attacks!? Whaaa? I guess it could work as a gimmick for a few attacks, but I fear the day they become as common dual-typed pokemon. To say there'd be some serious balance issues would be an understatement.

Perfect Chaos
14th May 2013, 09:10 AM
Fairy-type? Seriously?

For the love of God, just call it the Light-type and get it over with :sweat:

Knight of Time
14th May 2013, 09:26 AM
Alright, I might as well dish out my two cents on the things I've seen so far.

I'm not surprised that all of the new starters' final evolutions are dual-typed (but at least we didn't get another Fire/Fighting final evolution), however, I am surprised that they each now have a double type advantage/disadvantage over each other...I didn't really see that coming.

As for the Fairy type, does this mean that most (if not all) of the single-typed Pokemon in the Fairy egg group are going to get Fairy as a secondary type?

Another question I'm curious to ask is, with the dual-typed moves, is this going to apply to any of the older moves?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th May 2013, 09:49 AM
Is it possible that there are translation errors? If someone misread some kanji? I know the starters and the two legendaries have been named offically worldwide, but this is an entirely different thing.

ChobiChibi
14th May 2013, 09:51 AM
The thing I don't believe most is adding the fairy type to Mawile?! Wtf.

Magmar
14th May 2013, 10:11 AM
Dual-typed moves could be circumstantial... for example, a move that's one type if attack is higher than special attack and another type if vice-versa. So, say, a random move could change from fighting to psychic. With stat-boosting moves and mons with close attack/special attack, this could turn interesting.

Like for example, a Vileplume with a move that turns Grass-type if special is higher or Poison-type if attack is higher. Hunh.

Lady Vulpix
14th May 2013, 10:26 AM
Back when I first tried out ASB I made up an attack that was half Psychic and half Normal, and my adopted Dragonite Lagi still has her signature move which is Water/Flying/Ice/Electric, although it takes 3 turns and only has 60 base power for each type (and the electric part has only 70% accuracy), so it's not very useful in battle. Both attacks were created in 2001.

My point is... I'm surprised it took this long for Nintendo to come up with some dual-type attacks.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th May 2013, 10:41 AM
Fairy? Oh my, I hope they don't call it that in the English Version.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th May 2013, 10:56 AM
There IS a fair possibility that it's going to be translated as Fairy, they seem to release every bit of information simultaneously worldwide.

About the dual-types, I want to hear DarkestLight's opinion. Looks like ASB will have a need to a gigantic update!

DivineAll
14th May 2013, 11:36 AM
I can believe that the new Type is going to be Fairy-Type. I mean, look at how many Pokémon are in the Fairy Egg Group for Pete's sake. Though it DOES make me wonder if they're going to reclassify some of the dual-type Pokémon in that category. Speaking of dual-types... dual-type attacks? Suddenly my Earthshock attack idea from another thread is sounding more plausible now.

Jeff
14th May 2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think all Pokemon in the fairy egg group are going to be re-typed. After all, there is a ground egg group and it includes several non-ground-type pokemon, such as Pikachu.

Perfect Chaos
14th May 2013, 12:23 PM
I have a feeling that any Pokemon that is related with the Moon Stone will be classified as part-Fairy type (Clefairy family, Jigglypuff family, etc.). Those two families in particular seem likely to have Fairy subtype or even get changed as the main-type

Oslo
14th May 2013, 01:30 PM
They're re-typing Mawile? :( The original pure Steel? For serious, that makes me a little bit sad!

Also, speaking as one of ASB's more active refs, dual-typed attacks are going to make damage calcs annoying. :lol:

Blademaster
14th May 2013, 02:16 PM
Dual-type attacks could really shake up the metagame. I like the prospect.

Imagine the elemental punches becoming part Fighting-type. Might make Pokemon like Hitmonchan more viable thanks to STAB.

Blaze Kick will probably become Fighting, too. Because Blaziken needs even more ways to wreck its opponents.

Muddy Water is obviously going to become Water/Ground. That could expand the shit out of Water Pokemon coverage. Muddy Water and Ice Beam now cover all weaknesses and leave TWO move slots open. I bet a Pokemon like Swampert could make great use of that.

Color me intrigued.

CaptainJigglypuff
14th May 2013, 03:19 PM
Mawile always seemed more like it should have been a Dark type Pokemon. I mean it decieves other Pokemon according to the Pokedex and learns so many Dark type moves. The Japanese robin Pokemon looks like a Pidove with a red head and an odd looking tail. As for the dual type moves, I can see it being true. I mean Tri Attack was the first attack to demonstrate multiple typings. Hidden Power doesn't really fall in the category of dual type attacks as it's Power and type depended on the user's hidden IVs. The same goes for Secret Power and Nature Power. Scald will probably be dual type as some Fire Pokemon could learn the attack.

DarkestLight
14th May 2013, 03:50 PM
>.> Mother F :/ I seriously hoped they wouldn't do Dual type attacks. That's gonna be aggravating. I want an example of it before I get to work reclassifying stuff. A few moves means they might be a specialty set - prolly for fairies. :/

Questions. 1) How the eff does Fuglyeon evolve?
2) The type chart got wrecked. Weak to Stl and Psn-but immune to Drg? Does anyone else feel this is a wrecking ball of ridiculousness? SE against Drg/Drk/Fgt? WHY DONT YOU LEAVE DARK ALONE >O. Fgt, ok, cause Flying isn't proliferate outside of AA and now Sky Drop, and with Drk/Drg here, I guess they needed to recapture the 4x weakness most every other dragon carries. Sorry Hydreigon, Kingdra still pwns. Ugh new weaknesses for T-tar,what's that, 6? Come. On.

...And fire and psy resist it? Makes sense..if it was LIGHT >O Strange that Dragons can't hurt fairies. That's...ugh.

Fir/Psy? That's new right?

Huh, EV visibility. Only took 13 years.

And lastly, noooooooooooooooooo to Mewtwo having TWO forms. Done. Positive. Last iteration=this one for me.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th May 2013, 05:18 PM
Honestly siked. Can't wait.

Drago
14th May 2013, 05:21 PM
...Because if there's one thing fighting types need, it's a new weakness. :|

DivineAll
14th May 2013, 06:42 PM
Wait... *rereads first post* Fairy gets it's own Gym before Dark?!?! Ugh... to me that's the the greatest injustice. Not the fact that Mewtwo can have two forms, I mean Deoxys has shown that's cool and all. Not the fact that Fairy's advantage and disadvantageous are kinda silly, yet make sense simultaneously. Nope, it's the fact that Dark STILL doesn't have it's own distinguishable Gym Leader. At least... not yet... I hope. *fingers crossed*

Rossymore
14th May 2013, 08:54 PM
Did WPM post the effectiveness of Fairy before it was tested by Smash? If more things are revealed and match what WPM says, then he has my attention.

But at this rate, anything they put up makes me more and more impatient for October. I will get nothing else done that month. I'm impressed by damn everything, it's almost like a 3DS Ranger! ...I still want a 3DS Ranger though.

BTPoke
14th May 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm of the opinion that this gen is gonna be even more mind-blowing than gen 2 was back when it added Steel and Dark.

Sure, gen II had two type additions. However, it's been a long while since that happened, and we've gotten used to that order of things. This new "Fairy" type sticking a proverbial wrench in the gears of the type advantages/disadvantages is going to be mind-blowing to some people. For some of the younger people who never played gen II (god help them) and didn't have to deal with type additions before, this is going to be ground-breaking stuff.
I know I'm going to adapt to this well enough, and I'm excited for it. Considering this is also going to be the first 3D main-series pokemon game as well, this better be as amazing as I'm expecting. Heck, I'm expecting this to be the best and most innovative pokemon game of all time.

EDIT: Also, I just found what I'm 80% sure might be the new region. Idk, I found it on memebase, so I'm not completely trusting it yet.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7458416384/hE39DA151/

DarkestLight
14th May 2013, 10:19 PM
Looks like effing France :/

BT: It's not the innovation that I'm discrediting. I think the wrench is going to come with dual type moves.

No matter what, if they don't think up a mass transfer Pokemon Ranch/Box type system.... I'm gonna throw a FIT >O

Jeff
14th May 2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, that's the region, the same image is on the official X/Y site: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

As for WPM, he posted the English names of the four most recently revealed Pokemon on his site last night, saying that they came from the same source that gave him the above info. The same names were officially confirmed this morning, so that's why everyone is giving this attention now.

Sure, gen II had two type additions. However, it's been a long while since that happened, and we've gotten used to that order of things. This new "Fairy" type sticking a proverbial wrench in the gears of the type advantages/disadvantages is going to be mind-blowing to some people. For some of the younger people who never played gen II (god help them) and didn't have to deal with type additions before, this is going to be ground-breaking stuff.

I find it kinda funny that some of the younger fans are still in denial about the whole new type thing. They just can't fathom the idea of a new type being added because they never experienced the Gen 1 - Gen 2 transition. I suppose that's because when Yellow came out they were either too young to play video games or weren't born yet. Yeah, let that one sink in.

BTPoke
15th May 2013, 06:07 AM
We're all old

:cry:

classy_cat18
15th May 2013, 12:56 PM
I find it kinda funny that some of the younger fans are still in denial about the whole new type thing. They just can't fathom the idea of a new type being added because they never experienced the Gen 1 - Gen 2 transition. I suppose that's because when Yellow came out they were either too young to play video games or weren't born yet. Yeah, let that one sink in.

I can't fathom the idea of a new type being added this late. I started with the second gen, and I was comfortable with the type chart. Plus the Dark type was mostly added so the Psychic types wouldn't be so broken. Although finally having another advantage and immunity against Dragon is pretty cool. I think I'll get Sylveon.

Also, Tinkerbell beats Maleficent.

DivineAll
15th May 2013, 04:07 PM
Also, Tinkerbell beats Maleficent.

But Tink is weak against the Smog Monster and a Broadsword. Go figure.

Rossymore
15th May 2013, 04:55 PM
I don't even remember adapting to this whole new types thing back in Gen 2. Then again, I was about five or six. I've always hoped there would be new types, it would help balance the type chart. I don't think it's really possible to have a perfect type chart where all types excel, some are going to suck, others, too broken. Also, tone down Fighting. Just a bit.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th May 2013, 06:44 AM
I don't even remember adapting to this whole new types thing back in Gen 2. Then again, I was about five or six.

KIDS THESE DAYS!

But I don't remember either lol ;)

BTPoke
16th May 2013, 07:09 AM
My first game was Sapphire and Ruby, so I didn't even have to deal with that xD

Magmar
16th May 2013, 09:38 AM
EDIT: Also, I just found what I'm 80% sure might be the new region. Idk, I found it on memebase, so I'm not completely trusting it yet.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7458416384/hE39DA151/

It could be Wales!! :)

Ultimate Charizard
16th May 2013, 10:36 AM
TBH it makes sense they would add a type now. Afterall it is the first on a new system and theyve had the 'you can trade up but not back' system in place for a while.

Not that Nintendo actually have to work to sell Pokemon. They know theyre gonna shift units (game AND 3DS) regardless of whats there, so its nice to see them still showing the effort.

CaptainJigglypuff
16th May 2013, 06:47 PM
I remember the change to the Weaknesses of all the Pokemon Types. The one that threw me off for years was how Bug Pokemon were no longer weak against Poison attacks. Magnemite and Magneton gaining the Steel type never bothered me but I was annoyed how hard it was to get Dark Pokemon until Gen 3 came along. I've been playing the games since red and Blue came out in 98 in the US. I thought for months until I played it for the first time that the Player in the battlefield was a duck! I am not kiding. With the GB's graphics it isn't hard to see why I made that mistake. And the Dragon type Pokemon are a bit overpowered now.

DivineAll
11th June 2013, 02:47 PM
Update video from E3:

bki3s5LDF1c

At least two new Pokémon have been revealed in this video: Viviliion, a butterfly moth and Noviern, a bat dragon.

Fairy-Type is also officially confirmed and I gotta say... I kinda knew that Marill and Jigglypuff would be re-classed into Faries... but not Gardevoir. That honestly threw me for a loop.

Anyone else have any reaction to the new trailer?

Fett One
11th June 2013, 07:08 PM
I like that bat like creature. I was surprised that Marrill got reclassified as a fairy. In my opinion, it doesn't even look like it belongs in that category.

DarkestLight
11th June 2013, 08:10 PM
WHAT, NO! Gar--- UGH. They coulda left Gardevoir alone and gave it fairy moves. I'm retty sure all Moonstone evolvers are gonna swap..

I woulnd't be shocked if Deoxys got reclassified too, hell if they're gonna do Garde, they could do Deoxys too. Marill fits the bill. Fat useless chunk of crap, needs an outside influence (incense) to evolve.

OMG TOGEKISS >>! Flying/fairy or Normal/Fairy, cause we all know its swapping :/

classy_cat18
11th June 2013, 08:18 PM
Gardevoir was most likely made a Fairy type because its male counterpart, Gallade is Psychic/Fighting. This will balance the two. One is a samurai and the other is a magical girl.

What makes you so certain that Deoxys will be reclassified? It's not very similar to Gardevoir.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th June 2013, 09:38 PM
The new bat creature is awesome.

DivineAll
12th June 2013, 12:56 AM
Even moar new Pokémon info:

*Fletchling can apparently evolve into a Fire/Flying hawk called Talonflame
*Vivillon is, obviously, Bug/Flying and Noviern is Flying/Dragon. Yes, Flying/Dragon. Apparently, in this generation Flying can be primary and Normal can be secondary.
*Two more Pocket Monsters by the names of Clauncher, a Water crab shrimp, and Skrelp, a Poison/Water kelp seahorse

Drago
12th June 2013, 04:26 AM
...Is it just me or is Talonflame the worst name ever for a Pokemon? It sounds like something a 9 year old came up with.

Jeff
12th June 2013, 07:52 AM
It's lazy, but not the first lazy Pokemon name, probably won't be the last.

As for the types, I just assumed they goofed and Noivern is actually Dragon/Flying.

Magmar
12th June 2013, 08:55 AM
I kind of wish the narrator from Super Smash Bros. was the narrator for the preview. FAIRY TYPE DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Also, the spelling Faerie would be my preference.

I doubt I'd really use the "play with your Pokemon" features, and I can imagine these features will be difficult to emulate if you know what I mean ;) (I do not condone using emulators for games you have not purchased...)

I'm glad they're finally coming up with proper defense against Dragon-types... They've gotten a little too powerful in my opinion. Being only weak against other Dragons and Ice-types makes it a bit restrictive. Also, Steel-type needs to be brought back down to speed. They should run a matrix of typology and really try to balance them all out. Poison-types still kind of get screwed.

Perfect Chaos
12th June 2013, 11:59 AM
If the type balance that was originally posted by Jeff comes to fruition, I think that'll make it a bit more balanced.

Poison has arguably been considered one of the worst types ever since the game came out (always got roflstomped by Psychics in Gen 1). 15 years later and its high time that it finally get some love from the developers.

Jeff
12th June 2013, 01:33 PM
I added what's been confirmed to the original post. It's seeming pretty likely that the rest of that info is legit.

Lady Vulpix
12th June 2013, 01:52 PM
More leaked X/Y info here (http://www.marriland.com/news/4834-corocoro-leak-reveals-more-pokemon-x-y-info-and)!

Would anyone like to post about this on TPM News?

Oh, and also this: GrL3I38VO3o

DarkestLight
12th June 2013, 10:57 PM
What makes you so certain that Deoxys will be reclassified? It's not very similar to Gardevoir.

All the other Moon linked Pokemon are most likely going to be shifted. So I'd assume Deoxys and maybe even Jirachi would undergo a shift. Though Jirachi is a bit of a 50/50, since it's already Psy/Stl :/.

I guess it would balance the Ralts tree line a bit, didn't think about that.

Holy...wait. Did we just see 3 Fire types already? OMG They've shown us all the Fire types in game :D!

CaptainJigglypuff
13th June 2013, 07:24 PM
...Is it just me or is Talonflame the worst name ever for a Pokemon? It sounds like something a 9 year old came up with.

Actually, the WORST Pokemon name is Lickilicky (or Ickyicky as I call it) andalways will be. Talonflame seems much better for what the Pokemon is. I mean "Ickyicky" is nothing but a pile of fat. Literally. Even Snorlax doesn't look THAT fat!

Rossymore
14th June 2013, 05:27 AM
I think Lickilicky is a fine name for a fine Pokemon, when we have such naming goofs like Mr. Mime and Grimer. Putting together two words to make a name is pretty common for english names, but even japanese names are pretty bad. Artic-uno, Zap-dos instead of Freezer and Thunder. Jolt-eon, instead of Thunders.

And you know what? TALONFLAME! :cool:

Magmar
14th June 2013, 09:26 AM
I'm not all that opposed to Talonflame, when we have Pokemon like Voltorb which seem to be fine and are also a portmanteau of two nouns strung together. I'm addressing the awkward portmanteaus of Pokemon names in my fanfic :)

Feraligatr is more awkward in my opinion, why not come up with something cleverer instead of settling? Ferocodile could've done the same, of Gatrocious would use the same words and the same vowel omission without sacrificing any letters. :P (True, Gatrocious is an atrocious name, but really)

Speaking of the fanfic, I'm halfway done with Chapter 7. :P It's sitting there in another tab half-finished while I try to design another original character and also make up for lost time applying for jobs that I put into the story LOL

ChobiChibi
14th June 2013, 10:00 AM
More info!

r4qPSRgdI1s

Pretty sure no one has posted this one either...

gmywDbnC5oc

And Pokemons can have battles IN THE SKY :O

DivineAll
14th June 2013, 11:47 AM
Other info:

*Scatterbug, a somewhat generic Bug Type, evolves into Spewpa, which is essentially Scatterbug with a neat little cloak, into Vivillon
*A Fire/Normal-Type by the name of Litleo... I think the name matches the description.
*Flabébé, is another Fairy introduced... that looks like it's more of a Grass-Type.

Edretah
15th June 2013, 11:16 AM
I havent been this excited since 3rd generation, when I bought my first pokemon game for my seventh birthday. It was Sapphire. I think that everything makes sense so far honestly. France is a beautiful place, and I think its a great idea to base a pokemon region off of it! Gardevoir's type addition makes sense because Gallade has fighting tagged on, I was kinda bummed that she was left alone with no type addition. Honestly the only thing kinda bumming me out is the water pokemon thus far but even those arent that big a deal. I really hope the lion has an eve line and i am just so impatient for these.

I THINK THIS MIGHT FINALLY BE THE GENERATION IN WICH THEY MAKE 3RD GEN REMAKES!!!! MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE!!!

Rossymore
15th June 2013, 01:05 PM
Most likely. Ever wanna see Hoenn in these graphics? We could sit down on Lilycove benches! And with a 3 gen gap now, Gen III is quite a distance graphics and tech wise, so this is the gen to do it. I think this gen overall will be amazing. :D

CaptainJigglypuff
15th June 2013, 03:05 PM
I think a Nurse Joy that is also a Gym Leader would be a nice surprise. I can imagine the player entering a town to get a new badge and when they reach the Gym, they are told that the Leader is in the local Pokemon Center. But this is no ordinary center because it is bigger than all the other centers in the game and the player has to talk to everyone inside. Talking to Nurse Joy before talking to every other person in the building just heals your party and the others drop hints where the Gym Leader is. After talking to everyone else, Nurse Joy accepts your request to battle and goes to the Gym. Inside the Gym, there are no trainers or traps since the Pokemon Center was the puzzle. I was thinking she would have Normal dual types and her only pure Normal type would be a Chansey. A couple of people I mentioned this idea don't think it would make sense but when you truly think about it, it does. In the anime, Nurse Joys have shown great knowledge of different Pokemon and their strengths and weaknesses and a couple are Gym inspectors. The Gym inspectors have shown great battling skills. Not since the first Gen have we had a surprise Gym Leader. Unless you read the walkthroughs and guidebooks back then, how many players of the first games can honestly say they didn't think Givanni was Viridian City's Leader?

Oslo
15th June 2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed when it became apparent Gen V wasn't getting Gen III remakes, but it is totally 1000% worth it if we get Gen III remakes with Gen VI graphics. :love: Is it greedy to want Gen I remade all over again as well?

classy_cat18
15th June 2013, 04:31 PM
The only downside to them remaking Gen 3 is no more Game Corner. Damn anti-gambling laws.

Edretah
15th June 2013, 10:08 PM
Whatchu mean no more game corner?

classy_cat18
16th June 2013, 12:51 AM
There were countries that had anti-gambling laws and had problems with the Game Corners in the Pokemon games. Starting with Heart Gold and Soul Silver, they changed the usual slot machines to the Voltorb Flip, which technically didn't have you betting money. But in the fifth generation, they got rid of the Game Corners altogether.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th June 2013, 02:34 AM
But gaining money by fighting Pokemon trainers isn't against gambling laws? Well if it was, you had to ban every second video game.

ChobiChibi
16th June 2013, 05:31 AM
That's because you're not betting on the outcome of a battle. You're earning the money by defeating your opponent. Pokemon training is a job that way.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th June 2013, 07:47 AM
Remake of Gen III would be cool and certainly with these graphics. I'm actually pretty excited for this gen. Also, the Nurse Joy Gymleader is a cool idea Jiggly!

Edretah
16th June 2013, 09:10 AM
thats such crap, i spent so much time on the slots in sapphire

Drago
16th June 2013, 09:16 AM
Gen III redux is redundant, since it can be linked to gen V. Remakes of une and deux made sense due to the pre-Advance games being un-connectable.

CaptainJigglypuff
16th June 2013, 04:46 PM
Remake of Gen III would be cool and certainly with these graphics. I'm actually pretty excited for this gen. Also, the Nurse Joy Gymleader is a cool idea Jiggly!

Thanks! I first came up with that idea around the time the third gen came out. I also had an idea for a Fairy type but eventually gave up on that idea but the Nurse Joy Gym Leader idea stayed with the better ideas I thought future games should include. And as for the thirrd gen remakes, I think Wallace should be the Sootapolis City Gym Leader in the Sapphire remake and Champion in the Ruby remake and have Juan as the Leader and Steven as the Champion in Ruby. Like a Drayden/Iris type ting. I mean Juan and Wallace, even though they trained Water types, had two very different personalities and battle styles. Correct me if I'm wrong but as Champion, Wallace's Pokemon were more attack oriented than when he was a Leader. Gym Leader Wallace and Juan also used damaging attacks but they were mostly classed as Beauty moves in Contests.