PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen a legit, non-event Shiny Pokemon

abunaidesu
21st May 2013, 12:20 AM
Besides the Red Gyarados in G/S and the Shiny Haxorus and Gible in BW2, I have never seen a Shiny Pokemon in the wild. Also, I rarely ever use repels because I love grinding to buff up my team. I must just be unlucky :(

Oslo
21st May 2013, 02:05 AM
I saw one several years ago. It was a Zubat. That's it.

Somehow I've gotten the Pokerus twice since then?

classy_cat18
21st May 2013, 02:06 AM
Finally! Someone who likes to run into shiny Pokemon the old-fashioned way! No chaining, no special breeding!

It took me until Diamond to encounter a wild shiny Pokemon. I really think it's a lucky game because I now have three that I've caught myself. And one more in Platinum! Too bad they're not that great in battle; I'd only train one of them (my shiny Roselia, caught as a Budew). It's probably just a matter of time. Keep looking!

DivineAll
21st May 2013, 02:16 AM
I saw and caught a Shiny Donphan in Silver and a Shiny Duskull in Ruby once. I also believe I caught a Shiny Hoppip in my Soul Silver game and I still have it now fully evolved because why not. Other than those, I've missed out on catching and seeing a few legit Shinies myself.

ChobiChibi
21st May 2013, 03:18 AM
I managed to find a shiny Rattata in Silver back in the day. Since then, I found a Zebstrika in White, but that was it.

Heald
21st May 2013, 04:28 AM
My only shinies have been a Poochyena and a Taillow.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st May 2013, 04:30 AM
I hardly know what a shiny should look like. Welcome to the club.

Drago
21st May 2013, 04:55 AM
Hatched a shiny Igglybuff back in Crystal, encountered a shiny Aipom but didn't have any room in my box (Silver/Crystal), and caught a shiny Sandshrew in Sapphire. Shiny Sandslash looks awesome.

Magmar
21st May 2013, 06:54 AM
I caught a Level 5 Tentacool that was shiny in Pokemon Silver. Woot for the Tentacool that I never used!

I never caught the pokerus.

Knight of Time
21st May 2013, 08:00 AM
I got Pokerus in my current Pokemon Heart Gold save...as for shiny Pokemon, I caught some in the past, though I can't remember them all 100%, I'll do my best...there was a time on my old Heart Gold save (before it got erased) where I caught a shiny Raticate that was also holding a Chilan Berry, in Pokemon Sapphire, I *think* I caught two shiny Pokemon, one of which is a Tentacruel, and in one of the GSC games (I can't remember which one), I think I once had a shiny Crobat...so yeah, other than the Red Gyarados, shnies have been rare for me.

Aerbrodactyl
21st May 2013, 09:12 AM
Shinies aren't "common" for me, but I do tend to find a few.

I bred a shiny Shuppet in B2, caught a shiny Electrike and trained it into a shiny Manectric in Emerald, in a Nuzlocke, I found a shiny Lillipup, in a playthrough with friends, I found a shiny Torkoal on Emerald, shiny Lotad in Sapphire, shiny Chansey in Fire Red, shiny Geodude in the same Fire Red, shiny Clefairy in Black, shiny Duskull in Emerald (although I restarted), I found a shiny Poochyena during the tutorial in Gen 3, too.

Emerald_Gen.3
21st May 2013, 09:13 AM
I ran into a shiny Bunneary in my platinum nuzlocke, caught it and then traded it over to BW2 where it stays in my PC

*reads post above mine* >implying that shinies aren't common for him

Pokemaster Ash
21st May 2013, 09:39 AM
Well, I've yet to see a wild Shiny in Gen 5, but I did get a few in Gen 4. Caught a Shiny Pichu in Platinum, caught a Shiny Gloom and Donphan in HeartGold, caught a Shiny Geodude in SoulSilver. Also saw a Shiny Raticate in HG, but let that one go since...well, it was a Raticate.

I also ran into a Shiny Zubat once in Gen 3. Forget which game it was in, but it was in Shoal Cave iirc, so obviously either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

CaptainJigglypuff
21st May 2013, 03:48 PM
During my first playthrough in Black, I ran into about four or five legit Shinies. Managed to catch the Shiny Deerling and Purrloin. I forget what the others were but I know I caught at least one of them. My friend found a Shiny Patrat while playing White for the first time on Route 1 or 2. He said he caught it early on. I had caught a Shiny Roselia which I traded online for something rare. I forget which Pokemon I had asked for but the Roselia was nicknamed "Sparklez." I also hatched a Shiny female Meowth on my Emerald game and ran into a wild Rhyhorn that was Shiny which also ran away in the Fire Red Safari Zone. Since Gen 3, I've run into quite a few Shinies without doing anything special. I never got a chain higher than 5 or 6 in the Sinnoh region games and have hatched some by pure luck. Both parents were non-Shiny and from the same game I caught them in.

homeofmew
21st May 2013, 05:04 PM
My entire team in bw2 is shiny cause they are RNGed :<

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd May 2013, 10:02 AM
In 100s of hours of playing I only ever got a single shiny Pokémon myself.

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2013, 10:30 AM
Me neither. Not in my games. I've fought some in tournaments (can't tell if they were legal, though), and I unexpectedly got a shiny Charizard from a trade. The guy I got it from said he got it as a Charmander in a trade too, and that the person who bred it assured he was just born like that, but I can't be sure. Is there any way to check?

Magmar
22nd May 2013, 01:14 PM
If the Charizard is illegitimate, you won't be able to use it in online battling right? Will you suffer consequences for casually trying to use the Charizard in an online battle?

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2013, 01:22 PM
I don't know, but I won't use it in battle. I'm planning to breed it when I get the chance, and get a Charmander I can train from scratch.

MToolen
22nd May 2013, 01:51 PM
I only ever had one shiny--a Drowzee in Gold--but I find myself incredibly lucky to have caught her. She appeared south of Goldenrod and I accidentally defeated her. Having saved a few minutes prior, I shut the game off and turned it back on, then found her again and caught her.

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2013, 05:53 PM
Wow, what are the odds of that?!

CaptainJigglypuff
22nd May 2013, 10:18 PM
My friend claims to have been half asleep when he found a Shiny Chansey in the Safari Zone in his Fire Red game and it got away. He said the crazy thing is it didn't do the shiny star entry noise at all when he found it.

Ultimate Charizard
23rd May 2013, 06:33 AM
I found my only Shiny, oddly enough in the Lake of Rage when i went for the Red Gyarados.

It was a Gold Magikarp.....

Lady Vulpix
23rd May 2013, 11:39 AM
Wow! Then you can have 2 Red Gyarados from the same lake!

Blademaster
23rd May 2013, 07:44 PM
Wow, what are the odds of that?!

1 in 8,192^2, if memory serves.

Startacker
26th June 2013, 07:06 PM
Shiny Geodude...

Me and my brother freaked

mattbcl
26th June 2013, 07:09 PM
I hatched one once... a Shroomish, and with the nature I wanted (Poison Heal), to boot! I've since raised it into a Breloom that wields a Toxic Orb and puts the hurt on anything not Flying, Ghost, Psychic, or Fire.

Needless to say, it can't hold its own in PvP...

Knight of Time
26th June 2013, 07:20 PM
While searching for a Mawile in Soul Silver one day (when I found out there was an outbreak of them), I found and captured a shiny female Spearow before I eventually caught a Mawile there.

I'm not sure if I'm going to evolve this Spearow since I already have a Fearow, but I am going to hang onto her nonetheless.

Katie
30th June 2013, 10:10 PM
I have also never seen a legit non-event shiny. Red Gyarados was hella cool though, and he stayed in my lineup the whole game.