PDA

View Full Version : The Begging Thread!

mattbcl
19th June 2013, 07:26 PM
ITT: We beg our favorite authors here on this site to continue work we know they were doing but slacked off on updating!

Just kidding about the slacking part. I love all you guys and I know stuff gets in the way, like life in general. I'm certainly no stranger to that phenomenon - pretty much everything I've posted here within the past 2 years has stalled out or I've just slacked off on writing (a fanfic writer, a slacker? Perish the thought!).

But maybe it might be a nice bit of encouragement for authors here who aren't sure if people are still reading - or aren't sure if people ever were reading in the first place (lurkers are so much more common than concrit reviewers). I was inspired by the sight of Chris 2.1's latest post on Show-Off, realizing belatedly that he hadn't posted in a very long time... he might not have noticed if MLG hadn't said something. (Congrats, Chris, btw, on your upcoming book!)

So... what stories have you guys been waiting to see updated? Heck, screw the updates, what are some stories whose writing you really enjoy? Show the writers some love!

For myself, I'd love to see more of (and why):

LtL (Pretty sure Gavin didn't mean it to end there!)
The Origin of Storms (Sike Saner hasn't updated this one since August, but it's very good writing and I want to see more!)
Culture Wars (Magmar's fic is worth a read!)
Revenant (Crystal Tears has been working hard on improving her style, and it shows!)
Afterborn (There's been hardly an update from mystic_clown since the wedding... but this one got my attention and I'd like to see what's next!)

Gavin Luper
24th June 2013, 06:46 AM
LtL (Pretty sure Gavin didn't mean it to end there!)

Okay, this spurred me into action, so well done. This thread has already had some success!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th June 2013, 07:03 AM
More Blademaster!

Also, other than the 'regular' writers and those who mattbcl mentioned, I wish new members would come and write. But you must note that I have become a lazy reader myself these days, not to mention feedback giving abilities.

Magmar
25th June 2013, 07:37 AM
Hey Matt! I've been brainstorming pretty hard about where Culture Wars is going. I finally have a plan. Chapter 7 is half written. Thanks for the nudge, though. :)

Sike Saner
29th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Well, I'm afraid TOoS will not be seeing any more updates...

...because chapter 17 was actually the final chapter! I just haven't bugged anyone to send it to the archive because I feel better knowing that I can still go back and inflict more edits upon it whenever the urge strikes (or if I notice a flub that has somehow managed to evade me despite the years and memory-refreshing rereads). :B

Other fic'll probably get rolling again this year, though.