PDA

View Full Version : Which are you getting?

Jeff
24th July 2013, 04:26 PM
So, how about a little poll to get things started in this new forum?

So, which version do you plan on getting and what starter? Also, since this is the first generation available as a downloadable game, do you plan on getting the eShop version or the boxed version?

I'm mostly leaning towards X, but I'll wait until we get more info on the version differences before deciding. I'm picking Froakie as my starter because I always pick the water type. I'm still undecided on if I'll be downloading. I just got a 16 gig SD card and it would be nice to have my Pokemon game with me everywhere without taking the cartridge, but I'm still not sure about it. I guess, in the end it'll depend on how much space the game takes up.

Aerbrodactyl
24th July 2013, 05:00 PM
Y

Why? (PFFFFT, see what I did there!?)

Mostly because Skrelp is exclusive to Y. And Skrelp and I have this sudden connection that I know he's gonna be awesome. I'm torn between Spritzee and the Cotton Candy dog, so y'know, seeing as Skrelp is Y exclusive, then I'll get Y and Spritzee, or maybe Flabébé depending on run through.

Dunno about starter, probably won't use one as usual and catch maybe Scatterbug or something early.

Cynder
24th July 2013, 05:52 PM
Hmm, I'm gonna get them both, but I don't know which one I'll get first |3 I'll probably go with Y first simply because of Spritzee, plus I prefer Xerneas to Yveltal so I can play through my favourite with knowledge about the game and hopefully, if they reimplement it, in hard mode! As for starters, I'm choosing Fennekin first, and probably Chespin for X. Not really a fan of Froakie if I'm honest, but there's always the chance that its evos change my mind.

Emerald_Gen.3
24th July 2013, 05:56 PM
If I could get a 3DS then I'd get Y for sure solely for Swirlix. I'm gonna get Fenniken just to see what type it's gonna be if I don't already know by then. I'll probably get the boxed version just for the cover-art. So that's my input...*flies back to ASB*

EDIT: Just realized that Swirlix is exclusive to X so I'm gonna get that for sure then

Rossymore
24th July 2013, 07:08 PM
Both are pre-ordered, ready and waiting for the 12th. These games are going to be great, I'm going to spend that weekend in front of a bright screen and not regretting it at all. :keke:

Techy
24th July 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm getting both, but using Y as a main file, and X as a game I can continuosly restart.

DivineAll
24th July 2013, 09:37 PM
I'm getting X. Mainly because I like Xerneas' look.

classy_cat18
24th July 2013, 10:03 PM
I'm getting Y because of the badass birdy! ^_^

CaptainJigglypuff
25th July 2013, 05:12 AM
I want to get both but I will get X first mainly because if Xernas. I just like how it looks. It's elegant yet cool looking at the same time. I also am starting with Fennekin.

Number1ChanseyFan
25th July 2013, 12:45 PM
I always have purchased both versions so no reason to stop now, right? I will probably play X first, Xerneas looks a little cooler IMO. My first starter will definitely be Fennekin, it is definitely my favorite, but of course I will start up the version that I am not playing at first to trade over the other starters so I have a complete set!! But still Fennekin will be my main Pokemon... I will probably go with Froakie when I start playing Y...

Oh and yeah I will probably still buy the games from a store... As much as I like the idea of less clutter and stuff... It just feels right having the actual game cartridge. Maybe I am just old fashioned or something.

Charles Legend
25th July 2013, 01:08 PM
as usal I'm geting both games, as for the starts I'm not sure yet but I might start with a female Chespin just so I can name her Bianca and the resion here (http://cheezburger.com/6954285056) why.

~Charles Legend

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th July 2013, 05:32 PM
Probably gonna get water starter, then grass, fire is a no. Dunno why. Just a feeling. For the rest, Y cuz of Legendary. Fuck fairies:D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th July 2013, 10:17 PM
I really don't know yet. I was leaning more towards Y because of the flying legendary, but I'd also like to know more about the Pokemon exclusivity. I also tend to choose my starter impulsively, so I don't know about that either.

Magmar
26th July 2013, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure which I'm getting and I'm not in a rush to pre-order it, but I'm seriously considering buying this game because it looks pretty much awesome!

(But no really, student loans > pokemon, but ... I can pinch my wine budget for a pokemon game at age 27, right? right?) :D

Number1ChanseyFan
26th July 2013, 12:10 PM
I'd also like to know more about the Pokemon exclusivity.

As of right now, there have only been 3 exclusive Pokemon revealed for each version, Clauncher, (water) Swirlix, (fairy) and Xerneas (fairy) for X, and Skrelp, (water/poison) Spritzee, (fairy) and Yveltal (dark/flying) for Y.

Perfect Chaos
26th July 2013, 12:43 PM
Definitely Y, Yveltal is too badass looking to be ignored.

Xerneas just looks like a glorified version of Bambi if you ask me >_>

Probably gonna start off with Chespin, don't really like the look of Froakie and Fennekin just looks to be too girly to use IMO (yes, I am sexist like that).

DarkestLight
26th July 2013, 07:51 PM
X. Xerneas is the only thing about this generation that's mildly interesting :/ Chespin starter cause Grass pwns all. I'll prolly buy X and DL Y, just so I can have one of both worlds.

..Would that allow you to trade between games if you downloaded one and bought the other? Would be awesome if it did GAMEFREAK >O!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
27th July 2013, 03:37 PM
Clauncher only in X? Fuck.

Emerald_Gen.3
27th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Chespin starter cause Grass pwns all.

*Snicker. Is thinking of Chikorita.*

Blademaster
28th July 2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know what's exclusive to what, but I traditionally always get the first game of a new pair/games I never played before and the second game of rereleases/sequels. So probably X.

Number1ChanseyFan
5th August 2013, 10:02 PM
Would that allow you to trade between games if you downloaded one and bought the other? Would be awesome if it did GAMEFREAK >O!
Nope unfortunately it looks like there can be no compatibility between games on the same 3DS, its still going to require two DS to interact or trade. Oh well at least I got an old original turquoise 3DS and the new Pikachu XL so that will work out for me lol

Drago
13th September 2013, 04:46 AM
Though nothing ought to be decided until the final evolutions are revealed, has anyone had any changes in their choice of starter?

Once upon a time, this image floated around...http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/072/5/e/pokemon__x_and_y_starter_final_evolutions_by_theam azingepicgamer-d5xw6nr.jpg

and people were pondering its legitimacy. It of course proved to be false, but I have to say, if the final evos looked like those, I would have been pleased as punch. Chespin, YES PLEASE.

Now however, we have been introduced to the oft forgotten, awkward teenage years that are the middle evolutions. And I have to say... wtf?
http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/corocoro_magazine_shows_pokemon_x_and_y_starter_ev olutions_mega_mewtwo_x_and_new_mon/attachment/0/original.jpg
Fennekin took a really bizarre turn, and the Chespin evolution looks dreadful. I wouldn't be against the design if it were just a random Pokemon, but to me, starters should always look boss. I still haven't warmed to Empoleon, let alone this balloon looking rodent.

Froakie 2 on the other hand, looking the business. At this stage in the race, I'm a Froaker. We shall see what happens at journey's end!

classy_cat18
13th September 2013, 01:04 PM
Did anyone else look at the Fennekin evolution and think "Renamon"? Which is a good thing to me.

DarkestLight
13th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Chespin went full retard. You never go full retard.

classy_cat18
13th September 2013, 01:32 PM
Derpy middle evolutions sometimes means good final evolutions. Like puberty.

Magmar
14th September 2013, 06:13 AM
I've been thinking Froakie, because I also want Bulbasaur, and for the first time I want to play through with a fire-type. Normally I don't care for fire pokemon (ironic I know) but Litleo is kind of adorable!

I can be persuaded to do Chespin/Squirtle, though. Bring on the final evolutions!

Lady Vulpix
28th October 2013, 08:29 AM
I ended up getting X out of fear of an impending economical crisis making it unaffordable.

I'm planning to tackle it slowly, though, since I'm still training some Pokemon on Black and White 2. I suppose I will eventually be open for trade on all 3 games (for now, only Gen 5).

I did start it, though, and I got an interesting surprise. For the first time ever, I got a female starter! Canny the Fennekin has a Timid nature and is at level 8 right now.

Dark-San
28th October 2013, 08:48 AM
I've gotten Y. Didn't like the concept of X. I like destruction more than creation, end more than the start! So Yveltal it is for me.

DarkestLight
29th October 2013, 12:17 AM
I want to know the story differences between X and Y.

i ALSO NEED TO PLAY MORE INSTEAD OF DOING ALL THIS DAMN WORK >O I haven't even attempted to get a single Mega stone, cause Im never home between 8 and 9

Lady Vulpix
29th October 2013, 07:36 AM
I want to know the story differences between X and Y.

i ALSO NEED TO PLAY MORE INSTEAD OF DOING ALL THIS DAMN WORK >O I haven't even attempted to get a single Mega stone, cause Im never home between 8 and 9
Between 8 and 9 AM? That's usually the time I start playing on the subway. What do you have to do to get the stones?