PDA

View Full Version : X/Y Discussion thread (possibly some spoilers eventually!!)

Number1ChanseyFan
28th July 2013, 12:00 AM
Ok, this is a thread where we can discuss what new features of XY And post what we think some of the new features are going to be, such as the new starter Pokemon, and what secondary types (if any) they will be getting as they evolve, the new Fairy type Pokemon... we know that Fairy attacks will be super effective against Dragons, and that Jigglypuff, Marill, and Gardevoir will all be part fairy types now... do you think any other Pokemon will be made into part Fairy type? (I would think Clefairy would, I mean its name fits lol) And what will Fairy's other weaknesses/resistances be? Will it be effective against anything else besides Dragons? Other things... maybe you have predictions for new Pokemon type combinations that we have never seen before, or what the new Gym Leaders will specialize in. Feel free to make predictions or wild guesses or whatever, and also post/discuss any new info that is released. :)

Rossymore
28th July 2013, 08:25 AM
It's been hinted that Fairy is weak to Steel and Poison as well and maybe Ice, or is resisted by Ice. People have tried to deduce from the trailer if Dark is weak to Fairy as well, but it doesn't look like it. Whatever it is, the Fairy type will try to balance the other types for the most part. Poison needs it...

Puma
28th July 2013, 08:35 AM
Yep, though I have to disagree on one thing. I saw a post on the Pokémemes site a few days ago, as there was some kind of running gag with Hydreigon bein Dark/Dragon, and having a double Weakness against fairy that is "not yet confirmed". Someone actually took the HP amount out of the trailer, where a fairy attack is used against Hydreigon, and after a few calculations it seems like Fairy is indeed strong against both of them.

I could imagine that Fairy and Dark will be weak to each other, that'd be pretty cool.

Techy
28th July 2013, 08:36 AM
I think Ghost needs to be good against Fairy. Ghost is only good against Psychic and other Ghosts and Dark does the exact same thing but with a resistance to Ghost.

BTPoke
28th July 2013, 10:08 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7685661952/h9D297F49/

If this thing actually launches fire from its ears for an attack in the game, I will die.

DivineAll
28th July 2013, 03:54 PM
Four words: Dark-Type Gym Leader.

Jeff
28th July 2013, 05:33 PM
I've been reading the disturbingly thorough analysis of the hit on Hydreigon and apparently it was deduced that if it was x4, the move would have to have very low bp. Not out of the realm of possibility, but it's more likely that it only does x2 damage with average bp.

Techy
28th July 2013, 06:02 PM
I've been reading the disturbingly thorough analysis of the hit on Hydreigon and apparently it was deduced that if it was x4, the move would have to have very low bp. Not out of the realm of possibility, but it's more likely that it only does x2 damage with average bp.

Well if you think about Ominous Wind and Silver Wind, I'm guessing Fairy Wind wouldn't stray too far from those moves, so maybe 60-65 bp.

BTPoke
1st August 2013, 01:14 AM
New gameplay footage! New gameplay footage! Also a new pokemon reveal: Oorotto!

sXJJ1pC1jiU#at=31

Rossymore
1st August 2013, 01:43 AM
Only took them half a month to finally reveal it. And you know what, I thought it'd be taller. At least that way it'll probably have an evolution.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st August 2013, 11:55 PM
There are 1, 2, 3, 4, at least 5 Oorottos in the same battle on the same side!? And it's called

Mure-batoru
群れバトル
Flock Battle

Interesting. And then there's also Sky Battle.

BTPoke
8th August 2013, 10:32 AM
Hey, remember that new mewtwo form that was shown a while back? Apparently that's part of the apparent new "Mega" category. Assuming this is all true, Blaziken, Absol, Lucario, Ampharos, and Mawile have these forms as well.

Here's what's (Allegedly) a scan from the latest issue of CoroCoro

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/gallery/pokemon-xy_16/pokemon_x_y_scan-2.jpg

Personally, I'm hoping this is either false, or won't be limited to these pokemon, because this just seems like an odd assortment of pokemon that would "only" get the mega form.

Jeff
8th August 2013, 10:47 AM
Pokegods! Lol.

Probably fake. Too early for a CoroCoro leak, but it is the time of the month when fake leaks usually start showing up.

Cynder
8th August 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm really not a fan of the new 'mega' pokemon, their designs are incredibly bland and half of them look like they're about to feature in a L'Oreal commercial; but one thing that is interesting is that they all seem to have the motifs of Xerneas and Yveltal. Blaziken has X shaped chest hair, Lucario has the same markings as Yveltal, Absol's fur looks vaguely Y shaped, Ampharos has Yveltal's cloudy fur, Mawile's mouths could be held up in and X shape. Maybe the legendaries are involved with their form change? Makes sense considering they're linked to genetics and stuff.

BTPoke
8th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Ok, according to some other stuff I heard, the "Mega-Evolution" is in fact, NOT an evolution, and NOT a form that you can just switch to outside of battle. Apparently it's activated by something called the "Mega Stone," and the "Mega Evolution" will only be seen/usable in battles.

Jeff
8th August 2013, 01:41 PM
Please let the Mega Stone be translated as "Mist Stone." :P

CaptainJigglypuff
8th August 2013, 05:34 PM
Mawile is now Steel/Fairy. I always thought Dark would have been more suitable for it considering it learns a lot of Dark type moves and alsp decieves people and other Pokemon according to the Pokedex.

Jeff
8th August 2013, 11:16 PM
I'm really not a fan of the new 'mega' pokemon, their designs are incredibly bland and half of them look like they're about to feature in a L'Oreal commercial; but one thing that is interesting is that they all seem to have the motifs of Xerneas and Yveltal. Blaziken has X shaped chest hair, Lucario has the same markings as Yveltal, Absol's fur looks vaguely Y shaped, Ampharos has Yveltal's cloudy fur, Mawile's mouths could be held up in and X shape. Maybe the legendaries are involved with their form change? Makes sense considering they're linked to genetics and stuff.

I think you might be on to something. Remember how the image of Mewtwo's new form was called m2x.jpg or something like that on one of the official sites, and everyone thought that meant there'd be a Mewtwo Y form. Maybe there are X forms of certain Pokemon and Y forms of others and those forms have something to do with Xerneas and Yveltal respectively.

Chris 2.1
9th August 2013, 06:07 AM
When I read about the 'mega evolutions' I felt like the whole franchise had tripped and fallen down a toilet.

But maybe it's just the way they've phrased it; if it's an in-game effect, akin to a 'final smash' on SSB then I can see why it might work.

Even if they had done regional form changes for older Pokemon, so a Venusaur in the X/Y region looks slightly different to reflect the fact it's adapted to a new environment or something. I could get that.

It's also kind of weird they didn't just give Absol or Mawile evolutions, but maybe I'm still not grasping what all this mega stuff actually IS.

This does feel like a generation that I'm not *desperate* to be getting involved in, though.

Jeff
9th August 2013, 09:40 AM
YTHgE0vtOXU

Everything about mega evolution here (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/). Also new sections on more new Pokemon and super training.

DivineAll
9th August 2013, 11:55 AM
So... what the trailer is telling us is that Mega evolution only happen during battles and may change a Pokémon's Ability and Type if the website is correct. This could seem like a good idea. Without looking up a strategy guide, it gives some Trainers some trial-and-error gameplay of whether or not the Mega Evolution really lives up to it's name and whether or not the Mega Pokémon's stats change.

Also, Pikachu clone in trailer revealed!

Techy
9th August 2013, 12:09 PM
MegaBlaziken. The first Pokemon to be banned from Uber.

BTPoke
9th August 2013, 03:36 PM
As soon as ASB adds mega pokes, I wanna see MegaBlaziken vs MegaLucario.

ChobiChibi
9th August 2013, 06:55 PM
I was at the UK Pokemon Adventure tour today, getting all excited about the new videos :D

Also got a free Scraggy plush. And may even try to blag one of the tour shirts tomorrow. Aaah I love knowing people XD

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th August 2013, 08:47 PM
MegaBlaziken. The first Pokemon to be banned from Uber.

Where's Blade?

Also, something that just crossed my mind - with 'a breathtaking 3D world', I wonder just how linear these games will be? I mean Pokemon games are usually quite linear. If you had like 6 routes to follow from the first town, wouldn't traditional Pokemon fans have something to complain about or would that be a nice addition? I'm not saying the new games are or should be less linear but a 3DS game engine could finally bring more diversity, before this generation, the worlds were let's say reduced and simplified.

BTPoke
9th August 2013, 10:47 PM
Where's Blade?

Also, something that just crossed my mind - with 'a breathtaking 3D world', I wonder just how linear these games will be? I mean Pokemon games are usually quite linear. If you had like 6 routes to follow from the first town, wouldn't traditional Pokemon fans have something to complain about or would that be a nice addition? I'm not saying the new games are or should be less linear but a 3DS game engine could finally bring more diversity, before this generation, the worlds were let's say reduced and simplified.

My brother still couldn't figure out where to go next no matter how linear the games were, so I'm sure it wouldn't make much difference to him xD

As a fan myself, I'd be fine with them making things less linear, and I'd be fine with them keeping things linear. Really doesn't make too much of a difference for me.

classy_cat18
9th August 2013, 11:19 PM
I hope there's a lot of stuff to do that's not directly related to training. The reason why I loved Diamond and Pearl so much was because of the Sinnoh Underground and Game Corner, and there was the extra stuff to do in the GTS as well. Give me a lot of areas to explore in my spare time too.

EDIT: About the MegaAmpharos, I was wondering why Ampharos could learn Dragon type attacks yet wasn't a Dragon type. This fixes it, even though it's only in battle. XD

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th August 2013, 12:42 AM
About the MegaAmpharos, I was wondering why Ampharos could learn Dragon type attacks yet wasn't a Dragon type. This fixes it, even though it's only in battle. XD

But Ampharos looked like a dragon in the first place lol

BTPoke
10th August 2013, 12:43 AM
Game Corner

BRING BACK DA SLOTS >:O

Jeff
10th August 2013, 08:01 AM
My brother still couldn't figure out where to go next no matter how linear the games were, so I'm sure it wouldn't make much difference to him xD

As a fan myself, I'd be fine with them making things less linear, and I'd be fine with them keeping things linear. Really doesn't make too much of a difference for me.

I heard a rumor a while back that after the first gym, you have a choice of going east or west. After beating the gyms on one side of the region, you go to the other side to beat those gyms, and their levels will be adjusted accordingly. It's kinda like how in New Super Mario Bros U where you have the choice between going to World 3 or World 4 after beating World 2. I like it, but not sure if it's true.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th August 2013, 09:02 AM
Personally, what Jeff said still sounds good, but Pokemon becoming like Skyrim, Baldur's Gate, Final Fantasy XII or something doesn't sound so good. Realizing that frightens me even more: WILL THERE BE VOICE ACTORS?!? Fortunately it seems not, and I think those were which ruined Final Fantasy.

Number1ChanseyFan
10th August 2013, 12:14 PM
Looks like Kangaskhan gets a mega evolution as well, or at least the baby in its pouch does, and it gets the Parental Bond ability which allows it to attack twice... Or more likely its baby can also attack. It looks like there are supposed to be more mega Pokemon revealed next month... As well as new fairy type info. And it looks like there is not going to be an actual "Mega Stone" that works for every Pokemon, it seems like each Pokemon will need it's own specific stone.

Blademaster
11th August 2013, 07:18 PM
So Pokemon can go Super Saiyan now?

It's about time. :applause:

classy_cat18
11th August 2013, 08:16 PM
It's going to take them three hours to do a Hyper Beam now. XD

Three days for Energy Ball.

Techy
11th August 2013, 08:20 PM
Flash Cannon?

Emerald_Gen.3
11th August 2013, 08:27 PM
I don't even want to know how long it'll be for Blaziken to do Blast Burn.

DivineAll
12th August 2013, 11:50 AM
Does that mean Flash is the equivalent to Solar Flare now?

Jeff
16th August 2013, 10:35 PM
Lucario charging up an Aura Sphere = I'll just put the 3DS down and make myself a sandwich, watch some TV, go visit my girlfriend, find a cure for cancer, etc. and maybe it'll be done when I get back.

BTPoke
17th August 2013, 09:41 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/935e6b6edc0915b766c059353be46829/tumblr_mrnvrgBUl91qfyz1jo1_500.jpg

Apparently, this is a list of all/most of the pokemon that are going to have mega evolutions.

So it's all the starters included, and not just blaziken.

Techy
17th August 2013, 10:14 AM
So they're taking a bunch of good Pokemon and making them better? xD

Poryhedron
17th August 2013, 11:05 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/935e6b6edc0915b766c059353be46829/tumblr_mrnvrgBUl91qfyz1jo1_500.jpg

Apparently, this is a list of all/most of the pokemon that are going to have mega evolutions.

So it's all the starters included, and not just blaziken.

To date we know of seven pokémon that have Mega Evolutions.
Only three of them are on that screenshot.
I'm not sure what to make of that, just sayin'.

Blademaster
19th August 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Dragonite

Mega Milotic

fucking MEGA GARCHOMP

I'm predicting multiple F5 shitstorms across Smogon in the coming days.

LET IT BEGIN!!!! :cawg:

Perfect Chaos
21st August 2013, 01:15 PM
Release all the Pokemon and their evo's already! I'm sick of waiting @_@

Just want to see the starters evolutions for crying out loud T_T

classy_cat18
26th August 2013, 05:05 PM
More info from the Gamescom demos reveal that interactions with Pokemon in Pokemon Amie has effects in battle. Lovin' this. I thought this was just a cute little minigame but it has real benefits!

Drago
5th September 2013, 09:47 PM
So our beloved Kanto starters have had their Mega Evolutions revealed...

VajfesYGTkg

As to be expected, Charizard, also known as 'teh best evar' by 9 year olds around the world, has the best looking update. Blastoise gets a new set of cannons, which is kinda cool, Venusaur gets fatter and has a flower on his head. I mean, what the fuck, why does Venusaur get shafted.

In addition, they'll have new abilities to boot. Venusaur gains Thick Fat, covering his weaknesses to fire and ice (a definite benefit, but nothing on DW Chlorophyll), Charizard gets Drought, potentially making him the new mack daddy for sun teams, and Blasty now has Mega Launcher. Apparently boosts the power of the 'Pulse' moves. Sounds kinda lame.

ChobiChibi
6th September 2013, 05:05 AM
Is anyone else thinking of getting the special edition 3DS? I am, only because I don't already own a 3DS :D

So since Gen 1 starters are also going to be available, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna choose Chespin and Squirtle. With event Torchic, that's a perfect combination :D

DarkestLight
6th September 2013, 04:50 PM
See. Naa. Smogons already going nuts over mega chomp. If they swap its or t-tar's typing in mega battle. .. Its Gonna completely force me to have 4 of every pokemon so I can have competent movesets