PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite villain?

Drago
15th August 2013, 06:24 AM
Just like the title says. Tell us who your favourite villain is, whether it's from a movie, book, TV show, whatever.

I hadn't really given the question much thought, but my immediate answer would be Les Miserables' Javert. Because I believe that a good villain should have complete conviction and faith in what they're doing. The strength of Javert is that he believes in his singular focus on justice, and it practically blinds him from viewing the world realistically. To him, the law is absolute, and it isn't until Valjean spares him that he questions his own motives, and takes his own life.

Katie
15th August 2013, 02:16 PM
Bellatrix Lestrange! She's absolutely hilariously bonkers. Helena Bonham Carter was a brilliant casting.

Knight of Time
15th August 2013, 02:46 PM
For me, my favourite villain is a video game villain. Not Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Dr. Wily, King Dedede, or any other familiar video game villains, but one called Dark Force. As the main antagonist of the classic Phantasy Star games, he keeps coming back even after being defeated in one game (in one particular game, he appears when Pandora's Box is opened), and is one to be both feared and respected...I say this because in one of the games he appears in, he can use magic to hypnotize anyone in the party, either hindering their performance, or making them useless in battle (that is, if not for the counter-spell of a certain sword, and no, I don't mean the Master Sword).

Emerald_Gen.3
15th August 2013, 05:20 PM
Favorite video game Villain is Mithos Ygdrassil from Tales of Symphonia. By far the best backstory I've seen on a villain in a video game.
Favorite movie villain is the same as Katie's, mostly because she killed Fred Weasley and was killed by Molly Weasley. Also because she's bonkers to hell and back.

Oslo
15th August 2013, 06:00 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx0iwsYjAQ1qecaqvo1_500.jpg

Hexadecimal, because she's crazy.

Magmar
15th August 2013, 06:06 PM
Bellatrix Lestrange! She's absolutely hilariously bonkers. Helena Bonham Carter was a brilliant casting.

I love both of these things <3

but my favorite villain is Dolores Umbridge, because I have never hated someone fictional as much as I've hated her. Even Stephen King has said that Dolores Umbridge is one of the most brilliant villains in fiction, especially modern fiction, and he makes a living writing about vile villains.

Katie
15th August 2013, 06:23 PM
I love both of these things <3

but my favorite villain is Dolores Umbridge, because I have never hated someone fictional as much as I've hated her. Even Stephen King has said that Dolores Umbridge is one of the most brilliant villains in fiction, especially modern fiction, and he makes a living writing about vile villains.

UGH UGH UGH, Umbridge! She was written really well but the movies kind of softened my hatred for her because the actress didn't look like I imagined her while reading. It's like my brain split the character in two - the book Umbridge and the movie Umbridge. And that somehow softened my hatred. I'm not sure how. But I always read the books imagining her looking something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/HoEg4P3.jpg
...with pink fuzzy sweaters and stupid bow on her head and all that. Haha.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th August 2013, 11:09 PM
JlBxkH1U8DE

RedStarWarrior
19th August 2013, 07:45 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx0iwsYjAQ1qecaqvo1_500.jpg

Hexadecimal, because she's crazy.

Good ol' Reboot.

I wonder if they'll ever reboot Reboot...better graphics, newer technologies, add pirating of data, etc. It could be really good.

Oslo
20th August 2013, 12:49 AM
That would be amazing. There have been a few attempts over the years to get another movie into production but they've never gotten much traction. Now that we live in the age of Kickstarter, perhaps a reboot will happen?

Perfect Chaos
22nd August 2013, 09:04 PM
Definitely Kefka from FFIII/VI.

Why? Read more here (http://kotaku.com/5976002/why-final-fantasy-vis-kefka-is-the-best-video-game-villain-of-all-time)

Sums it all up pretty much.

Master Rudy
2nd November 2013, 09:58 AM
Definitely Kefka from FFIII/VI.

Why? Read more here (http://kotaku.com/5976002/why-final-fantasy-vis-kefka-is-the-best-video-game-villain-of-all-time)

Sums it all up pretty much.

If this was a best villain topic that'd be the end of the thread right there. Of course I fully believe we wouldn't have villains such as Kefka if it weren't for this guy:

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/841/841564/joker_killing-joke_480_1197658298.jpg

CaptainJigglypuff
2nd November 2013, 09:38 PM
Lynsdale, Cyrus, Maxie, and Archie are my favorite villains. They weren't evil but rather misguided and they weren't interested in power. Archie was a bit more evil than Maxie in that his desire would be more destructive yet he and Maxie wanted more area for Pokemon to live. Lynsdale also wanted to improve the world but strayed away from the path because of his views on the world's flaws. Cyrus was just selfish. But the members of each of their respective teams never did anything too extreme. Flare was probably the most harmless of the Teams. All they really did was steal some electricity and knock over some huts in Geosege Town when the Weapon was unveiled. They weren't too interested in domination of Kalos or even the world.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd November 2013, 02:09 AM
Pokemon X/Y Spoliers end here.

I don't know about the relationship between Kefka and Joker. Usually when you say something Japanese copies West, someone points out that the reference is rather to a similar Japanese phenomenon and it's just a coincidence that you find something similar to a Western thing. Or I don't know, hard to explain.

Blademaster
11th November 2013, 01:36 AM
The Major, from Hellsing Ultimate.

My favorite villains are the ones that are stark-raving mad yet perfectly sensible at the same time.

Master Rudy
11th November 2013, 12:41 PM
The Major, from Hellsing Ultimate.

My favorite villains are the ones that are stark-raving mad yet perfectly sensible at the same time.

Got to give you that one Blade. The Major is a pretty nutty/great villain.

KUB9QGKCNmI

Hell even Team Four Star's take on him is pretty good:

R4wY-FhBArw

You'll want to go to 14:48 in the video for the TFS version of that speech.