PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol of choice

Drago
15th August 2013, 06:35 AM
You're at a bar/club/box social. What's your drink?

Mine is a bottle of Miller. Hell yeah. I love my American beers, probably because they're fairly watered down, and you can just chug 'em as quick as possible.

Gavin Luper
15th August 2013, 07:35 AM
You're at a bar/club/box social. What's your drink?

Mine is a bottle of Miller. Hell yeah. I love my American beers, probably because they're fairly watered down, and you can just chug 'em as quick as possible.

Pint of VB or Carlton Draught. Love a good cold beer.

Having said that, I've been sober in 2013 so I've been drinking virtually alcohol-free beers. They aren't great, but not as bad as you'd expect either.

Are American beers all watered down? I feel like I often see really macho/blokey Americans in the media drinking Bud Light or something and it's bizarre, because anywhere else a light beer wouldn't be something to get all macho about. Unless it's pretty stock-standard there?

MToolen
15th August 2013, 10:30 AM
I never started drinking. Somewhere between not going to parties, not having money to buy my own, a proven tendency in my family for addictive personalities, and my mom's great sense of smell that would catch me if I did, it just didn't seem worth the trouble.

Aura
15th August 2013, 11:20 AM
I cant stand the taste of beer D:
The drink of my choice would be Vodka with Cherry Juice <3

Katie
15th August 2013, 01:58 PM
Depends if there are drink specials! Usually malibu and sprite, vodka cranberry, or a margarita. I also like ciders - Woodchuck, Angry Orchard, and Ace Pear are what are usually sold here, but if there's one I haven't heard of I will try it.

I'm such a fuckin ~girl~

Are American beers all watered down? I feel like I often see really macho/blokey Americans in the media drinking Bud Light or something and it's bizarre, because anywhere else a light beer wouldn't be something to get all macho about. Unless it's pretty stock-standard there?
Obligatory Texan recommendation of Shiner.

Oslo
15th August 2013, 05:36 PM
With beer, I'm down for anything from fruity wheat bears (Kronenbourg Blanc, Mill Street Blueberry Wheat) to stouts (Guinness, Granville Island has a weird/delicious chocolate stout) to fun local microbrews (I miss Hoptical Illusion). Not picky or snobby. Cider is also tasty. I never really venture outside Magners/Strongbow territory.

Mixed drinks... Long Islands, Caesars, vodka crans (hurr period jokes). When I can stomach something super sweet, White Russians, Killer Kool-Aids and White Freezies. Stuff like that. I have a friend who tends bar on campus and gives me free drinks when she's working so I like to test her mixing knowledge. Nine times out of ten, though, if I'm just out with friends, I'll get beer.

Magmar
15th August 2013, 05:58 PM
Depends if there are drink specials! Usually malibu and sprite, vodka cranberry, or a margarita. I also like ciders - Woodchuck, Angry Orchard, and Ace Pear are what are usually sold here, but if there's one I haven't heard of I will try it.

I'm such a fuckin ~girl~

But that's basically everything I drink LOL <3

Katie, let's get sloshed #TPMTexasDownWithRickPerryHesAnAssClown2013

-up here we call vodka, cranberry, with lime a Cape Coddah lol. ordering a Cape Codder gets you nowhere.

my favorite drink is a grateful dead though, but because they get me hammered I only have one once in a while LOL

Katie
15th August 2013, 06:32 PM
#TPMTexasDownWithRickPerryHesAnAssClown2013

<3

I forgot to mention vanilla rum and coke. Not vanilla coke and regular rum, vanilla rum and regular coke. :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th August 2013, 10:49 PM
I'm sober. I've even quit juice almost completely, because I've heard they have as much sugar as lemonade. So I preferrably drink lemonade. Or plain full milk or coffee without milk.

ChobiChibi
17th August 2013, 04:03 AM
Cider is also tasty. I never really venture outside Magners/Strongbow territory.

As a West Country Bumpkin, I cannot approve of just drinking Magners/Strongbow XD If you're ever in the UK, I'll take you to a cider festival. My dad used to stock this cider called Black Rat, it was 12.5% I think? Ehehe...

I got rather tipsy on half a pint of strawberry cider. It was 4.5%. I was slurring my words and everything... This is why I don't drink lol...

shazza
17th August 2013, 05:44 AM
I am a fan of Australian beers: Carlton Draught, Carlton Dry, Toohey's Extra Dry. With my former roommate, we would import a range of beers, which at the time the names escape me, but they were enjoyable. Asahi beer seems to be a favourite of Australian's in 2013.

I like red and white wine for chill. Merlot. :)

When I am in my party/extroverted mindset, I like Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.

Oslo
17th August 2013, 07:49 PM
As a West Country Bumpkin, I cannot approve of just drinking Magners/Strongbow XD If you're ever in the UK, I'll take you to a cider festival. My dad used to stock this cider called Black Rat, it was 12.5% I think? Ehehe...

I got rather tipsy on half a pint of strawberry cider. It was 4.5%. I was slurring my words and everything... This is why I don't drink lol...

Ahh, strawberry cider sounds excellent! You Brits definitely do your cider right. Most liquor stores in Canada have a pretty crummy cider selection. Vancouver has to be the only major city in the Pacific Northwest not to feature a cider bar. I will keep my eyes peeled.

midnightangel
18th August 2013, 08:49 AM
If I'm just having lunch or dinner, then I go with Bud Light.

But if I just want a buzz, then I drink Rum & Coke -- the more rum, the better. :P

Years ago, I remember the store used to carry Jack (Daniels) & coke or Jim Beam & coke in cans, and I used to knock a few of those back in my day. Eventually the store stopped carrying both drinks....which kind of sucks.

The_Missing_Link
18th August 2013, 11:44 AM
I've only gotten drunk twice - threw up both times and felt fine afterwards the first time and probably got a little bit of alcohol poisoning the second time. Was never too huge on drinking in the first place so I'll probably be drinking sporadically the rest of my life.

As for preferences, any mixer that doesn't taste like alcohol. The fruitier, the better

abunaidesu
18th August 2013, 05:38 PM
irish coffee

RedStarWarrior
19th August 2013, 07:42 AM
Five in the Morning:

Ingredients:
Ice
3/4 oz Rum
3/4 oz Gin
3/4 oz Vodka
3/4 oz Tequila
3/4 oz Triple sec
3 oz Orange juice
1 oz Sour mix

Instructions:
Place ice in glass and pour in the five liquors. Next pour in the the orange juice and the sour mix. Finally shake and garnish with an orange slice.

kainashi
20th August 2013, 09:37 PM
jack and coke :cool2:

Master Rudy
2nd November 2013, 09:27 AM
Haven't touched a drop of alcohol in nearly four years now since going straight edge. Back when I did drink however I was simple: Captain and Coke.

mvtm
2nd November 2013, 03:49 PM
My favorite drink ever is Veuve Clicquot or Moet & Chandon Rose. Besides from that i love cocktails in all of their presentations! If its sweet, i'll take it.

firepokemon
15th November 2013, 09:17 PM
Meh bourbon & coke.

I am officially now off rum and jagermeister. Haha.

Dark-San
18th November 2013, 08:36 AM
Whiskey. The older the better. Not a very good drinker unfortunately. I will take a mixed Whiskey with sugared green tea anytime (30-70 concentration usually). Martel or Johnnie Walker Black Label are usually my usual brands. They are the rest like Absolute Vodka with Redbull or Rum with Cola. Or when it is closer of month end when I am really short of spare cash, I will go with beers.

Zak
18th November 2013, 04:55 PM
Jagermeister... straight (when I can afford it). No mixing.

classy_cat18
18th November 2013, 10:45 PM
Rum and Coke. Spiced rum during the cold weather.

DarkestLight
20th November 2013, 07:28 PM
O.o Cant drink beer. Beer makes me yack. Mix drinks here.

Mainly Absolut Orient Apple and Sprite

Then there's always the Kraken and Sprite

Uhh and Mai tai's. Holy god mai tai me correctly and Im your best frickin friend.

Lady Vulpix
21st November 2013, 10:17 AM
I don't like alcohol, but if I have to, I'll pick cider, pineapple fizz or strawberry fizz.

Ayeun
21st November 2013, 04:33 PM
Blue Alize with Lemonade. Or Jager bombs.

That being said, I have been alcohol free since my birthday.

Perfect Chaos
23rd November 2013, 07:02 PM
Start the night with a Four Horseman. End the night bombing Jaegers

Usually 7 and 7 followed by Jack (Honey preferred) and Coke. I have found that I really like raspberry rum and Sprite.

I'm not a beer guy really, just drink it to be easier on the wallet. Corona all the way (occasionally Guiness as well).