PDA

View Full Version : Let's do Pokemon a favor and disprove this

Magmar
8th September 2013, 07:54 AM
https://sphotos-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1185589_591171544271434_944380737_n.png

So this has been floating around Facebook. It's an alleged quote from Satoshi Tajiri, and it definitely seems to be illegitimate. I can't find bundles of the words in quotation marks floating around on any official Pokemon-related sources (a good way to try to find plagiarism by hand). I was wondering if any of y'all would have any better luck with doing so. Basically, any kind of official quote from a legitimate website in which Satoshi Tajiri denies saying those things. Then, we can just photoshop the words onto some other picture and rebut, which is a hella stupid way to argue, but it's the internet.

Lady Vulpix
8th September 2013, 08:47 AM
There isn't really much to do, that's just the way most teenage Internet trolls work, they put some words on top of an image and try to irritate people with it. If you really want to ruin their fun, then just ignore them. If you waste your time searching online for a way to respond to them, then you're giving them exactly what they want.

CaptainJigglypuff
8th September 2013, 10:04 AM
My browser won't load the pic. What is the quote?

Lady Vulpix
8th September 2013, 10:23 AM
It's long, but it basically says he and the people at Game Freak mock the players and laugh at their crazy ideas.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th September 2013, 12:40 AM
Well, the first sentence in that quote could actually be partly true in my opinion, since it's impossible to please every player. Take The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for example. While it's ranked the best videogame ever in many sources, and rated 100/100, there still are people who hate Zelda games and even some real Zelda fans say it's relatively boring and hard to start. However, I don't want to believe Satoshi Tajiri actually said this. Granted, he has Asperger's, but this picture's popularity only indicates how there are too many people who believe everything they see on the net.

Blademaster
11th September 2013, 11:03 PM
Does the quote have a source?

No?

Then why are we even discussing it?

Kumori
12th September 2013, 01:35 AM
It made me laugh, real or fake.

Lady Vulpix
12th September 2013, 07:57 AM
Does the quote have a source?

No?

Then why are we even discussing it?
I don't know about you. Me? Just to put Magmar at ease.

Mikachu, what does S. Tajiri having Asperger's have to do with his image being used for trolling?

Telume
12th September 2013, 07:57 PM
As a Software Developer, I can KIND of believe the first *part* quote being real. It takes a LOT of work to make a game and you just DO NOT have the time to add in everything the fans want.

Drago
13th September 2013, 04:37 AM
...True or not, I don't particularly see anything wrong with what he said. :cool:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th September 2013, 07:46 AM
Mikachu, what does S. Tajiri having Asperger's have to do with his image being used for trolling?

I was merely making a point that some people with Asperger's have major difficulties in social situations and may say strange things in critical situations. I know it from my own example. You can also imagine it's easy for internet trolls to put words in a person's mouth especially if that person is known to have a syndrome. Not all people know what Asperger's means and it still is a subject with lots of study, too.