PDA

View Full Version : I caught a shiny pidove

Link
16th September 2013, 10:10 PM
This is my first shiny that has ever been in a wild pokemon battle, which I've caught. Now I have a total of three shinies that are in my black two file.

CaptainJigglypuff
17th September 2013, 05:15 AM
Congrats! So I'm guessing you don't count the Red Gyrados in the Lake of Rage? I remember one of my first shiny Pokemon that I caught legitimately and not on an emulator were Nidoran M, a Spearow that fell out of a tree I Headbutted, and a Delibird all on Crystal during different playthroughs. I have also gotten a Roselia in Trophy Garden which may still be out there as I traded it online for something else. Roselia was nicknamed Sparklez. I also caught Deerling, Purrloin, and one more shiny Pokemon during my first run through Black.

Link
17th September 2013, 05:42 AM
It was so unexpected this time. I am counting the red gyarados as part of my shiny collection, as well as the shiny palkia you can get from gamestop.

Lady Vulpix
17th September 2013, 07:43 AM
Nice! I still haven't found any random shinies in the wild. In ANY game. But I have my shiny Dratini, Haxorus, and a suspiciously shiny Charizard I got from a trade.

Pokemaster Ash
17th September 2013, 10:17 AM
Presuming it came over the GTS, I'd say it's legit enough (given Nintendo has its checks in place for that).

I caught my first Gen 5 Shiny not too long ago in White, a Shiny Seedot caught in White Forest. Hoping to see more of them, given I have a few Shinies from Gen 4 (Gloom and Donphan in HG, Geodude and Vulpix in SS, and Pichu in Plat) plus the Red Gyarados (actually, two of them).

I wonder what the Shiny Charm will do for collecting Shinies, given that I doubt it's an item that's going away (though they probably could make it not as annoying to get as it was in B2/W2).

Poryhedron
17th September 2013, 12:04 PM
Presuming it came over the GTS, I'd say it's legit enough (given Nintendo has its checks in place for that).

I wouldn't be too sure about that. On Platinum version some time ago, I got a Spiritomb from GTS and quickly realized, on viewing its stats, that whoever first obtained it used a Game Shark code (or similar device) that allowed them to catch enemy trainers' pokémon, and threw a Master Ball at League Champion Cynthia's Spiritomb.

CaptainJigglypuff
17th September 2013, 12:22 PM
My first run through of Black, I literally ran into at least 6 different wild Shinies. My friend found and caught a shiny Patrat as the first wild Pokemon he saw in White. I was also surprised to find the Spearow in my Crystal game after I Headbutted a tree. And I believe I caught it on my first try too.

Pokemaster Ash
17th September 2013, 01:07 PM
...Okay. So maybe Nintendo is just trying to scare people from not trading haxed Pokémon and doesn't actually have any checks in place if something like that got through. *shrug* I don't use the GTS, so I don't have to really worry one way or another on that...

Also how pathetic do you have to be to steal an NPC's Pokémon? Anything I catch, I put effort into it.

Link
17th September 2013, 01:21 PM
This pidove was caught in the wild, Ash. I didn't go on the GTS for it.

Pokemaster Ash
17th September 2013, 06:26 PM
I was actually talking about Poryhedron's little story there. *points up*

Link
17th September 2013, 08:03 PM
Oh, well, that's ok. I didn't realize that lol

mayers
3rd April 2019, 06:22 AM
How about now? I don't want to miss this awesome game. This time I'm gonna find out how to play learn more (https://bestheatgun.com/). I need to know more info to be sure it is safe. That right.

Drago
4th April 2019, 12:52 AM
mayers asking the hard-hitting questions