PDA

View Full Version : Centered tables

Oslo
18th September 2013, 10:49 AM
Ever since the forum upgrade, tables can no longer be centered. They just end up left-aligned even when contained within center tags. Is there a way to remedy this problem? It makes ASB reffing templates kind of wonky. Obviously the templates can be redesigned so they don't incorporate tables at all, but I'm just curious if the issue can be fixed directly. Thanks!

Lady Vulpix
18th September 2013, 11:26 AM
Apparently vBulletin 4 comes with its own table tags, which cannot be edited. In order to post centered tables, you can use the new ctable tag instead.

Oslo
18th September 2013, 10:25 PM
Cool, I appreciate your help. Such an easy solution. On behalf of the ASBers, I thank you. :) New problem, though: I'm not sure what change you made to the back end of things, but now all the old reffing tables have disappeared. That leaves *thousands* of old reffings that look something like this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26271&p=593982&viewfull=1#post593982) or, worse, this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26341&p=596650&viewfull=1#post596650)—with lots of information missing. It's still there in the code, but it's hidden and I imagine we'd have to manually edit all the table tags for every reffing to get it to reappear. Is there perhaps a way you can go back and fix this?

(Also, the forum descriptions make it sound like the Binary District is the place for TPM-related help/questions? Is that not the case anymore?)

Lady Vulpix
19th September 2013, 07:42 AM
That was back when Forum Help was a subforum of the Binary District, but now we have a whole forum for discussing website and forum-related issues.

I can fix the forum descriptions. However, I have no access to the backend, only Kevin can touch it. He's still updating the templates as far as I know, so perhaps he will fix that soon. In any case, you can contact him. I can't even update the CSS anymore since the upgrade. :\

In the meantime (I don't know what the tables are supposed to look like, but I'm guessing the text shouldn't be centered) try not putting tables between center tags, because I think that, since the upgrade, it causes the text to be centered rather than the table.

And you're welcome. :)