PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X and Y Rumors Galore

Pokemon News
24th September 2013, 09:07 AM
Have you heard the rumors lately? Someone in Canada says they got Pokemon X and Y already and has written up a long list of updated details about the games. Below is the list of items, so read on at your own risk. Again, these are rumors and might not actually be true.
<ul>
<li><strong>Trusk</strong>*is a Grass/Rock boar Pokemon with long green tusks coming out of its mouth. He is gruff, has grey skin, and features green leaf-like ears. It has an "adorable" pre-evolution with tiny tusks and a leaf at the end of its tail.</li>
<li>A Normal/Poison porcupine Pokemon named*<strong>Quillom</strong>*can be found quite early in the game in the forest. It has white skin with light purple quills. He has a Poison-type quill attack which damages and has a high chance of poison.</li>
<li>A*<strong>Ghost-type spider Pokemon</strong>*is found in caves. It is dark gray with blue spots and multiple light grey eyes. It has a feint light blue mist around its abdomen. The source doesn't remember the spelling of its name, but says it was something like "<strong>Apparachnid</strong>." He thinks it may have an evolution.</li>
<li>There is a*<strong>Ground-type badger Pokemon</strong>*that is dark brown with black stripes going up its face. It knows Slash and a new biting move.</li>
<li>Reconfirmation that*<strong>Froakie's final evolution</strong>*is Water/Fighting. It looks similar to a poison dart frog. The dark blue now takes over its body almost entirely. There are a few even darker (almost black) spots on his sides and face and it gains more of the bubble foam around its neck and down the back. It's also a bit bulkier. It uses its hind legs a lot and has kicking attacks.</li>
<li><strong>Bunnelby evolves into a Ground/Dark type rabbit</strong>*that is larger and much rounder. Its color scheme is reversed, with the dark brown now being the prominent color. It can be found in caves. It is useful because you can get it early in the game and use it to evolve Pancham into Pangoro.</li>
<li><strong>Helioptile has an evolution</strong>. It is bipedal with a second yellow triangle on its face. Its ears become more jagged and it looks meaner. On its back are what look like spikes with jagged parts at the very top. It can learn a new attack called*<strong>Thunder Roll</strong>, where it rolls up like a wheel and strikes the opponent.</li>
<li>Reconfirmation that Meowstic has a pre-evolution named*<strong>Espurr</strong>. There is no gender differentiation until it evolves. It is mostly white, similar to the female version, with cuter eyes and a single puffy tail. It has a little patch of fur under its head (similar to its evolutions). The fur is dark blueish with little tufts of white in it.</li>
<li>Other Pokemon that are now*<strong>Fairy-type</strong>: the Chansey evolution line, Dunsparce, the Clefairy line, and Togepi's line.</li>
<li><strong>Fairy Dust</strong>*is a new move that will randomly cause either Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, or Burn.</li>
<li>Like Magneton, Wailmer is part of one of the Super Training Facility games.</li>
<li><strong>Team Flare</strong>*makes an appearance right at the beginning of the game. On the TV in your house, one of its members talks about fashion and how your Pokemon should match your style. Team Flare's signature music has an eerie accordion sound to it in the opening sequence.</li>
<li>The outfit your character wears at the start is colored to match what you've set as your favorite color in your 3DS settings. It can be changed easily though.</li>
<li>The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D. :p) It starts off with Yveltal's cry, which wakes you up. You sit up in your bed. It then pans and there is a shot of your city. Yveltal's shadow goes over it. After that there is some other shots of your town. You seem amazed that you saw Yveltal. It then shows generic in-game shots like you entering a forest with your friends, selecting your starter, running through a cave, etc. After that it shows Sycamore welcoming you. You are standing outside of his lab at the time, then he takes you inside. It then shows him showing you three Poke Balls which leads into a transformation video where it shows all three Kanto starters evolving to their final forms, and then the three of them Mega Evolving. It's a really cool cinematic. The video ends with Yveltal flying with the sun behind him, leading in to the title screen. Team Flare is also shown at some point in the sequence.</li>
<li>On the title screen you can use the analog joystick on your 3DS to change the angle at which you see Xerneas/Yveltal.</li>
</ul>
<strong style="line-height: 1.714285714; font-size: 1rem;">More Rumors</strong>
<ul>
<li>There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is*<strong>ice/rock</strong>*and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability*<strong>Flash Freeze</strong>*which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is*<strong>Bitrunic</strong>*and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.</li>
<li>The next is a*<strong>steel/ghost type</strong>*pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named<strong>Flekter</strong>. Its pokedex entry* says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.</li>
<li>To get spewpa to evolve into vivillon, you have to*<strong>shake your 3ds up and down</strong>*while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past*<strong>level 16</strong>.</li>
<li>To get malimar, when inkay is leveling up*<strong>past level 24</strong>, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.</li>
<li>There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her,*<strong>she'll teach you how to ride pokemon</strong>. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.</li>
<li>Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.</li>
<li>Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area:*<strong>quillom, bunnelby, scatterbug, fletchling, flabebe, pikachu.</strong></li>
<li>The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.</li>
<li><strong>Metronome*</strong>is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called*<strong>Moon Dance</strong>*that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.</li>
<li>The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to<strong>*four pokemon*</strong>there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down.<strong>*If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.*</strong></li>
<li>When you<strong>*street pass</strong>*someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the<strong>*pokemon battle arcade</strong>*(not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).</li>
<li><strong>Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon</strong>. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.</li>
<li>There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the<strong>*shockball.</strong></li>
<li>The next is the*<strong>ironball</strong>. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.</li>
<li>They are following the pattern of having<strong>*two eeveelutions</strong>*in this generation. I have seen the other and it is<strong>*unexpected</strong>, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.</li>
<li><strong>Raichu</strong>*gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its*<strong>speed and special attack are increased</strong>.</li>
<li><strong>Tropius</strong>*gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its*<strong>physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered</strong>.</li>
<li>You can*<strong>leave money with your mother</strong>*again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can<strong>leave her a shopping list</strong>*and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".</li>
<li>The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a*<strong>new battle frontier</strong>*that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.</li>
<li><strong>Shiny helioptile</strong>*is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.</li>
<li><strong>Talonflame</strong>*doesn't evolve from*<strong>Fletchling,*</strong>there is a pokemon* in between.</li>
<li>The*<strong>save game function</strong>*takes substantially less time than previous games.</li>
<li>On the main menu, these are the options:*<strong>New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.</strong></li>
<li><strong>Mega stones</strong>*can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).</li>
<li>You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can*<strong>add patterns or Pokemon images onto them</strong>, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put*<strong>any</strong>*Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.</li>
<li>The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!</li>
<li>Just caught an<strong>*Apparachnid.*</strong>I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.</li>
</ul>
Via: <a href="http://pokemonxyreview.weebly.com/">Source</a>.

Click here to view the article. (http://www.pokemasters.net/?p=656)

Jeff
24th September 2013, 10:42 AM
A few things that stand out as suspicious to me:
-Apparachnid is 11 letters
-He specifically mentions that most of the game won't be in 3D. I know the demo was in 2D, but assumed that was so that off-screen footage won't look distorted. Why would they go through the trouble of using 3D models for everything unless they were going to take advantage of the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D?
-It's been stated several times how unlikely it is that we're getting two Eeveelutions. If we were, they would have both been shown in that short.
-The requirement to be surfing to evolve Inkay into Malimar seems crazy. It comes off as if this guy was trying to build off an earlier rumor, as if to say, "yeah, that's true, but what you don't know is..."
-No photos of the gameplay at all, just pics of the case, which can be faked, especially seeing as we have images of the box art online. Why describe the pokemon when you have the game and can easily show us? Unless you don't have the game.
-Also some other stuff that was apparently there before that was later removed, such as the guy claiming that he's the source of the PokeBeach leaks. It's already known that that's MageLeif, who had to sign an NDA, and stated that he wouldn't be leaking anything else.

Like I said, they're not all exactly smoking guns, but they do seem suspicious. Except that last one, if true that would definitely disprove the whole thing.

CaptainJigglypuff
24th September 2013, 12:34 PM
I also find several things wrong with this so called leak. Talonflame was revealed on the official site to evolve from Fletchling. The Pokemon Company would not reveal a basic and final evolution if there is one in between the two. Look at all the starters from previous generations that were shown before the games they were introduced came out. Plus the offical site specifically says Fletchling evolves into Talonflame. I also find it very hard to believe only this guy got a hold of the game three weeks early. If it were true then MORE people would have bragged about it. The anticipation for this gen is even greater than gens 4 AND 5. There are more speculation and I'm sure many people want to be the first of their friends to play the game.

I admit that I am expecting a Dark Gym this time around and can believe the Pokemon the leaker claimed to be part Fairy true except Dunsparce. It seems more Normal and Ground than Fairy to me. The rune Pokemon sounds fake due to its supposed typing. Why Ice? Wouldn't Psychic or Ghost be better suited for it as it is supposed to be from ancient times? Ice just doesn't seem to fit the characteristics of Pokemon found in ruins. The Bronzoar line were Steel/Psychic, Ghost Pokemon are often found in such places, the Unown were all Psychic, the Regis are all elemental save Regigigas and were legendary, and the legendary Dragon Pokemon of Sinnoh and Unova were seen as deities. Only Regice is an Ice type found in a ruin but it follows a pattern. Bitrunic just seems completely random.

Jeff
24th September 2013, 07:29 PM
And he has now come out and admitted that it's fake.

CaptainJigglypuff
24th September 2013, 09:31 PM
Knew it. I just knew it. This guy couldn't have gotten the game so early without someone else doing the same. Plus the fact of no visual proof like you said was enough to cause suspicion in itself. Although I am still hoping for the long awaited arrival of a Dark type Gym Leader.

Kevin
24th September 2013, 10:36 PM
I've updated the post to cross out the fake stuff. The first half still may be true.