PDA

View Full Version : 17 Years Of Pokemon In One Image

Kevin
24th September 2013, 10:20 AM
This image has gone viral on Twitter with over 17,800 retweets last I looked. Nostalgia anyone?

http://media.pokemasters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/17_years_of_pokemon.jpg

Photo: @ugusyan

Knight of Time
24th September 2013, 10:24 AM
Wow, that's a really nice picture! And yes, it definitely has that nostalgic look and feel to it.

I'm quite surprised there's a Pokemon following each of the player characters as well...too bad not all of the main series Pokemon games have this feature, though.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th September 2013, 11:13 AM
Nostalgia indeed. Though it's only been a few years ince I played all those games in order to really get them all in Diamond/Pearl.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th September 2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe I haven't caught them all, maybe I don't own all the main series games, but hey, at least I own one game for each region. But this is a beautiful picture. The only thing that is missing is a recognizable Generation II Pokemon unless I'm overlooking something.

shazza
25th September 2013, 06:06 AM
Why are there two Red's in the Gen I picture? Or have I forgotten what the NPC sprites look like? :o

Kevin
25th September 2013, 08:47 AM
Why are there two Red's in the Gen I picture? Or have I forgotten what the NPC sprites look like? :o

Top half is Pokemon Red/Blue, bottom is Pokemon Yellow.

Lady Vulpix
25th September 2013, 12:23 PM
I skipped the 3rd generation, but the picture is nicely done and it does bring some nostalgia.

Where did that Zorua come from? I think HG/SS did a great thing when they allowed Pokemon to follow you around. I wonder why they didn't do that again in the 5th Generation.

Link
25th September 2013, 01:06 PM
Nice to see that nostalgia will always be part of the pokemon community.

Fett One
25th September 2013, 08:02 PM
That's a neat picture.

Mr.E
4th October 2013, 12:27 AM
Posting in a Kevin thread.

I skipped Gen 5 because I've always been a competitive singles player and I was tired of Smogon's poor tiering policies at that point. :( I was going to get the "third" game but then they pulled out B2/W2 instead and that also kinda irked me. However, I did drop a pretty $200 (+tax) on the blue limited edition PKMN 3DS XL in preparation for next Saturday... :X I'm coming back to my mons, and perhaps going to start competitive VGC.

Magmar
4th October 2013, 06:01 AM
I think that pic's pretty awesome, and I know exactly where the screenshots are from... definitely played the earliest generation games too much ^_^;

Katie
4th October 2013, 04:16 PM
God, I still get that little nagging !! feeling in the back of my brain when I see that little item ball sprite on a screen. Go see what's in it, Red...

Hardwired obsession imprinted on a developing mind 15 years ago, man. I only get nostalgia on the first 2 panels, since I only played up through R/S and I used the girl character so that dude on the bike isn't ringing many bells. Still neat to see!