PDA

View Full Version : Chain fishing

Jeff
21st October 2013, 10:59 PM
OK so the big buzz going around right now is that there was a way discovered that makes it easier to catch shinies while fishing. You know that guy who challenges you to catch more than 7 fish in a row? Well, if you keep doing that, your chances of finding a shiny go up. All that's necessary is for you to keep fishing in the same spot and running from them doesn't break the chain. For best results, you should fish near rocks and have a Pokemon with suction cups in the front of your party.

So, anyone tried it yet?

Kevin
22nd October 2013, 12:19 PM
I just saw the same info yesterday but haven't had a chance to try it out yet... Actually I'm probably not far enough for it yet.

Chaotic Heavens
23rd October 2013, 12:44 AM
How do you prevent fishing attempts without any bites? Do those break the chain?

Jeff
23rd October 2013, 09:19 AM
Yeah, they do. Having a pokemon with suction cups makes it more likely to reel something in. Also, apparently fishing near rocks helps too. So doing those things gives you a much better chance of getting a long streak. Some people have gotten over 100 and even close to 200. Most have found shinies as early as 40ish.

Kevin
24th October 2013, 11:46 PM
Hmm, just got a shiny Clawitzer on a chain of 3.

Jeff
21st November 2013, 07:38 AM
Took me a streak of 45 but I just got a shiny Magikarp.

Shadow Wolf
21st November 2013, 09:02 AM
I took it all the way to 82 yesterday but I couldn't find a shiny. Nevertheless, today I plan to dedicate myself to chain fishing, so I'm hoping to edit this post as I mention which shiny I will catch today. ;)

EDIT: Hahaha, would you look at that - Just a chain of 10 and a critical capture and I have myself a shiny Skrelp. ^_^