PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Unown Awards: Nominations

Jeff
24th October 2013, 09:30 PM
It's that time of the year again! Time for the 2013 Unown Awards!

OK, so it's actually a little bit past that time of the year, blame Pokemon X and a little project Kevin and I have been working on for the main site, but they're here!

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/5377/cvzu.png

So for any newer members who don't know how this works, instead of doing traditional superlative awards, like Best Mod, Best Couple, Most Addicted to Pokemon, etc., we have you, the members create your own "categories"! For each of the 26 letter Unowns, pick a member who has something to do with them that starts with that letter, and for the exclamation and question mark Unowns, that "something" will end with that mark.

If you're still not sure how this works, here are the results of last year's Unowns to give you some examples: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25790

You have until Friday November 8, 2013 to get your nominations in, after that, we start the voting round. So you have two weeks! Get going!

:::::::::::::::::::::::

And to officially kick this off: Here are my nominations, with more likely to come.

A: Adorbz - ChobiChibi, a renomination from last year
D: Dream - Magmar, because Mt. Moon
E: Everlasting Thread - Master Kirby, for posting a thread way back in 2007 that continues to get new posts to this day, mostly from members who registered just to post in it!
F: Finland - Mikachu Yukitatsu, because, Finland :P
G: Grizzly - Bear, Yeah, I went there
R: Return - Kevin, for obvious reasons
U: Upgrade - Kevin, for upgrading the forums to VB4
?: When's the next meetup? - Asilynne, because she keeps planning on hosting a meetup, but keeps being busy

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th October 2013, 09:14 AM
Jeff, you are psychic! I woke up at 3:00 AM Finland Daylight Saving Time and thought I should get into thinking of Unown Awards so I could surprise everyone and bring them here immediately. But you posted this at 5:30 AM my timezone!

Adaptable - DarkestLight (wasn't excited at all about X/Y but still rushed ASB through the change)
Busy - Lady Vulpix (two jobs, TPM admin)
Comrade - RedStarWarrior (for admitting that communism is a good idea but doesn't work in practice)
Devil's Advocate - Heald (in Misc debates, manages to find a different point of view)
Expressive - shazza (known for his diverse posts in both TPM and Facebook)
French - Gavin Luper (adores French language)
Guard - Greyfox (for guarding our forums when spambots appear)
Hangman - Knight of Time (for some reason, it's Pokemon Hangman that's still standing despite the quietness of GGG)
Information - kurai (always provides us with raw info)
Jigglypuff - CaptainJigglypuff
Kingdoms - DragoKnight (wanted to unite the five kingdoms but was overthrown in the process)
Latino - Telume (displays that cultural background sometimes)
Minecraft - Ash0011 (see avatar and sig)
Nordic - Oslo
One Hundred Percent Blademaster - Blademaster
Popularizing - Magmar (manages to explain things so that everyone understands)
Quistis Trepe - Weasel Overlord (a Final Fantasy VIII character)
Remember - EngiMatikul (for questioning anybody knowing him anymore in the N3DS Friend Code topic)
Survivor - firepokemon (survived through the entire existence of TPM, flame wars, even earthquakes)
Teism - Kevin (our prayers weren't in vain, the creator of the site showed up)
Undebatable - Roy Karrde (doesn't have anyone to quarrel with anymore)
Vim - Jeff
Winter - Pichu Luver (likes winter)
X Before You - ChobiChibi (got the early Pokemon X release)
Year - Bear (was gone for exactly one year)
Zoom - woz (zoom into the eyes in her avatar)
Hey I just met you and this is crazy! - Perfect Chaos (for using the meme)
How to handle a thread called 'How To Handle an Idiot'? - Shadow Wolf (for winning Dark Sage's thread)

RedStarWarrior
29th October 2013, 07:47 AM
Jeff, sorry, but I never remembered my idea. :confused:

Anyway, I stuck the thread for you!

I'll post my nominations at a later date.

Jeff
29th October 2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah, it's OK. I shouldv'e asked about it earlier. I was able to come up with something on my own though, so all is well.

Lady Vulpix
29th October 2013, 12:09 PM
I would like to make some joint nominations:

Teamwork: Jeff and Telume, for their constant dedication to the main website.
Forum gamers: Mikachu and Knight of Time, for their high activity on TPM forum games.

And also...

Intermitent: Number1ChanseyFan, who's been on and off and on and off and on... being really helpful for moments before disappearing again.
Power trip: RedStarWarrior, who admitted that was his reason for wanting to op the TPM chat.
Renewal: Kevin, for refreshing TPM with all the new updates.
Helpful: Knight of Time, for providing valuable information about the games, as well as pointing out mistakes and helping fix them.
Kind: Shadow Wolf: do I need to explain? For his great kindness to all, of course!

I may or may not add more nominations later.

Asilynne
31st October 2013, 01:24 AM
Sorry Jeff :x Got a lot going on (matron of honor at best friends wedding in less than two months will do that :lol:
I'll try to do better ;) and I may post nominations but I may also vanish again >.>

Jeff
2nd November 2013, 10:32 PM
OK everyone, don't forget! One week left, so get those nominations in!

Master Rudy
3rd November 2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah.....not really sure if this'll fly but considering I've been gone for a little over a year it's all I've got :P

Death Knight: Master Rudy, for being the most badass DK on TPM :P
Return: Master Rudy, for gracing you all with my presence after being gone so long :P

Yeah I know.....nominations for myself. Perhaps that'll be the encouragement someone needs to slap me with Big Ego :lol:

CaptainJigglypuff
3rd November 2013, 06:45 PM
My nominations

Everyone Wins- Joint nomination for all of us!
Newscast: Pokemon News Bot

Jeff
9th November 2013, 10:37 PM
I'll be busy for the next couple of days, so I'll give everyone until Monday evening (my time) to get any nominations in.

RedStarWarrior
12th November 2013, 08:46 AM
Give me until tonight! lol

Been super busy myself.

Jeff
12th November 2013, 12:01 PM
No problem. We've been a bit light on noms this year so I've been a little generous with the time. As for those of you waiting for voting to start, thanks for being patient :P

RedStarWarrior
13th November 2013, 09:01 AM
Absent - Asilynne, too busy to be very active lately.
Brew - Heald, desired future drinking buddy.
Controversial - Roy Karrde, if he has an opinion, he'll make it known and fuck you for disagreeing.
Dedication - Jeff & Telume, for working hard on the site.
Lost in Translation - Mikachu Yukitatsu, sometimes I have to think about what he is trying to say.
Man in the Moon - shazza, frequent poster extraordinaire in Mt. Moon.
Never Gives Up - Heracross, you never stop trying to fit in with the cool kids.
Patient - Lady Vulpix, for putting up with a lot of shit all the time.
Quitter - DragoKnight, relinquished modship (yet more active than ever).
Return - Kevin, back from God knows where.
Tolerable - Blademaster, hasn't been as annoying as of late.
Wit - kurai, quick with the quips.
Where? - kainashi, where the fuck are you?

Jeff
14th November 2013, 01:09 PM
OK everyone! It's almost time. I'll soon start compiling nominations (late tonight my time) so if you have any more you want to add, speak now or forever hold your peace... at least until next year that is.

Oslo
14th November 2013, 09:31 PM
Last year I nominated Mikachu for "InFinncible" and he won so this year I think I will nominate him for "Finnvincible" instead.

Shadow Wolf
14th November 2013, 11:17 PM
Sorry for lateness. Quite a few things distracting me. I'm currently working on the list. I should be able to have it ready within an hour.

EDIT: OK, so it took me a bit longer, but here it is:

Anchorman - Jeff (providing the latest news for TPM)

Birthday - Mikachu Yukitatsu (This guy will probably be there when your birthday is up. :) )

Cool - RedStarWarrior (is actually how he perceives himself. Not that he may be far from the trurth, though)

Durga - Lady Vulpix (It sounds a bit weird to be named after a Hindu Goddess, but this is actually decsribing just how many things she can handle. Just on the site, she is admin, helps with programming and is also a worker in Pokemon Hangman)

Expert - Gavin Luper (His writing skills are on another level now)

Fiesta - Magmar (For some reason whenever I remember him, what always comes to mind is parties and drinking)

Gamer - Fett One (Most of the time he's around the games forum)

Hail the King - Kevin (He actually receives a lot of praise. Then again, it makes sense since he created the site. XD)

Interlude - Asylinne (tad self-explanatory, though my allusion is to RPG)

Jump - Oslo (Keeping the Snorlax jumping)

Kudos- DragoKnight (Considering he created the thread for alcohol...)

Loving - Chobichibi (Not as much as a compliment, but rather as how most people perceive her)

My brother's an italian plumber - Blademaster (named after an achievement in Borderlands, this guy definitely knows a lot about Mario)

Nice - Number1ChanseyFan (Compliment)

Outrageous - Heald (Making allusion to how this word can mean either unusual or bad, apparently he turned a vacation thread into a discussion about his balls)

Politician - Roy Karrde (Is so passionate about this topic, I still wonder how he is not one)

Queen of the Damned - Crystal Tears (Nazara, nuff said)

Return of the King - Knight_Of_Time (came back after a long hiatus in Hangman to become the king of the game once again)

Soccer - Telume (quite the fan, actually)

Troll - DarkestLight (Calling ChobiChibi a noob, hahahahaha)

Unicorn - mr_pikachu (Many have talked about him, few have seen him)

Vanish - Mystic_Clown (haven't seen him in a while)

Wattson - Zak (Easy, right?)

Xtraterrestial - mattbcl (Still wondering how he pulls the sleep-writing process).

Yuppify - Master Rudy (For his effort in RPG)

Zippy - Weasel Overlord (That's how I perceive her)

Try Again? - Ayeun (Named after the option to continue in some games when you get a Game Over: Despite losing her data, not only did she placed a friendly reminder for people to patch their Pokemon games, but I'm fairly sure that she began her pokemon journey once more.)

OMG! - classy_cat_18 (I feel like drama is the title for her RPG posts)

Magmar
15th November 2013, 04:29 PM
I've been a bit busy the last few days... so here's just a few for now...

Lightning! - ChobiChibi because of obvious reasons :)

Lorelei's Favourite Cloyster - Jeff, because why not

What does the fox say? - Lady Vulpix, because Vulpix :P

Wangst - firepokemon

Quid Ditch - ChobiChibi, because she worked there

Pretty - Oslo, because he's pretty

Talented - Shazza, because his musings always make me think and he plays the piano beautifully!

Globalized - mvtm

I love all of you but I'm running out the door to dinner and wanted to throw a few nominations up before scooting out the door! :P

Jeff
15th November 2013, 08:12 PM
Haha, it seems that every time I say I'm going to close nominations, we get more and/or someone promising to post theirs soon. I do want to wrap this up, but you all still have a little bit of time. I'll possibly get the voting thread ready sometime tonight, but no later than tomorrow. Nominations will still be open until then.

If you didn't get yours in this year, well, keep them in mind for next year. ;)

Jeff
16th November 2013, 11:14 PM
And that's it!

Nominations are officially closed for this year.

Hold tight, the voting thread will be posted shortly.