PDA

View Full Version : Transfering from Plat/SS to X?

Master Rudy
3rd November 2013, 07:31 PM
Bit out of the loop since I haven't been here in awhile and only just got a 3DS. What are my options as far as attempting to transfer Pokémon from Platinum and Soul Silver to X? From my understanding the Pokémon Bank will work with Black/White when it's released but I'd rather not add yet another Pokémon game to the mix just yet as I'm currently building teams in four versions now (Ruby, LG, SS and X)

Jeff
3rd November 2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, much like going from Gen 3 to 5, you need to use the generation in between as a middle man. In this case, you need a gen 5 game. What you can do is trade the pokemon to someone with gen 4, 5, and 6 games, and a Pokemon Bank account, and have them do the transfers for you. Kinda involved, but it would work.

Master Rudy
4th November 2013, 08:40 PM
Damn....looks like I've got no choice then. Oh well. With this particular series you kinda learn to expect this sort of thing due to the advances in handheld tech. Truth be told the only reason I've got Ruby/LG along with my old DS still is simply because of the fact that they can transfer to Gen 4.

Looks like I'll be picking up something Gen 5 when I can afford to do so. Suggestions?

ChobiChibi
5th November 2013, 04:48 AM
Any of them. Storyline in both are awesome. I'd say not the sequels though, if you're only buying one. The sequels are made more awesome by their prequels lol.

Perfect Chaos
5th November 2013, 09:38 AM
Eh, I went ahead and got Black 2 since apparently more Pokemon are unlocked from the get-go rather than having to find certain Pokemon only after beating the Elite 4.

I'm wondering if I made the right decision though or not :O