PDA

View Full Version : Classical Music

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th November 2013, 09:48 AM
Anyone listening to Classical Music or willing to discuss it? I know there are some Classical Music fans here at TPM. Post your favorites or topical pieces or some pieces that you thought fit well into movies where they were used or whatever you want here.

I'll start with Felix Mendelssohn, who died exactly 166 years ago.

z0wmzoHd6yo

Lady Vulpix
4th November 2013, 11:06 AM
Just to clarify (before I end up posting the wrong music piece), is this for strictly classical music (i.e. classical period) or scholastic music in general?

Oh, wait, Mendelssohn came after the classical period. Nevermind.

This is a piece I like:

H7hGiZ579cs

Master Rudy
4th November 2013, 08:54 PM
Well I've never been huge on classic music. Truth be told my experience with the genre doesn't go beyond John Williams and his work on Star Wars :P

That being said I have taken a liking to Lindsey Stirling's work in recent months. Think classical music/violin with a modern twist.

vxIOUJ7by6U

aE2GCa-_nyU

MOg8Cz9yfWg

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th November 2013, 11:45 PM
Yes, Lady Vulpix, this thread is about Classical Music in boarder sense. I was aware that Classical can also refer to the period roughly 1730-1820. Then there are also other periods which usually are regarded as Classical Music like Baroque and Romantic, and those are the ones we can also talk about here.

Master Rudy, I'm sure there were Classical Music composers that inspired John Williams when he composed the music for Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Jurassic Park.

Drago
5th November 2013, 04:01 AM
Oh, way too much to name. My favourite stuff is probably the really dramatic or menacing pieces. Tells such a good story through music.

xrIYT-MrVaI

iCEDfZgDPS8

Aaaaaandd.... one mellow one for funsies.

S6OgZCCoXWc

CaptainJigglypuff
5th November 2013, 04:48 AM
I have my own personal favorites. They are: Beethoven's Sixth Symphony, Moonlight Sonata, Fur Elise, and The Emperor Concerto, The Entertainer, Rhapsody in Blue, Debussy's Clair De Lune, Barcarolle from The Tales of Hoffman, Un Bel Di Vermo from Madame Butterfly, 18th Variation on a Theme, The Flower Song (not the one from Carmen), Children's Prayer from Hansel and Gretel, Humoresque, Ave Maria (both composers), Blue Danbue Waltz, Pachell's Canon in D, Mendelson's Wedding March, and Brahms Lullabye.

shazza
5th November 2013, 05:51 AM
For someone that plays piano, my knowledge of classical music is limited.

MjG2D_Wnmtc

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th November 2013, 06:51 AM
4DNGMoMNLRY

Here's Bizet's Les Toreadors. I once found a Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! AMV which had it in the background from Youtube but never could find it again. Has any of you encountered it?

CaptainJigglypuff
5th November 2013, 07:35 AM
I forgot to mention that in terms of modern classical music I am fond of Frank Mills' Music Box Dancer. The way it's played on the piano is pretty interesting as it sounds mechanical.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th November 2013, 11:48 AM
Here's a famous Classical piece I like, but it's also the only Classical Music piece I've heard my mother saying she doesn't like:

Szdziw4tI9o

CaptainJigglypuff
5th November 2013, 03:10 PM
In terms of modern classical inspired pieces I like Somewhere in Time, Love Story Theme, Chariots of Fire, and the instrumental music from the Harry Potter series.