PDA

View Full Version : The state of the RPG forum makes me sad :-/

Master Rudy
6th November 2013, 08:10 AM
Damn....I remember when there was a time where you couldn't keep up with everything happening on the front page of the RPG forum. Now however the newest post in an RPG is from June 2013 with the oldest topic on the page running back to 2011.

How many active RPers are left floating about here anyway? I'm mulling over an idea but it's not exactly going to be easy to pull off if the number of active people remaining can be counted on one hand :-/

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th November 2013, 09:44 AM
I got too many ideas in my head for RPG, sorry. I'm already busy with my studies, plus own 'art' projects which you will see on FanArt once I get them ready. I have even considered applying for ASB ref, but that's a no-no for me. I cannot do everything especially because my mental state is unstable and my support staff mostly demand me to cope with everyday stuff such as cooking lunch. Not the Dragonball character. But perhaps I'm the wrong guy to say anything here, I only once signed up for Mystic_Clown's City of Heroes and then blew everything up by trying to create my own RPG, TPM Death Note.

Shadow Wolf
6th November 2013, 11:05 AM
Hmm.... how can I put this...

I lost the interest in RPing after realizing that people begin this as a passion and transform it into a chore shortly after. And I say this because it has also happened to me a few times. Combine that with the daily routine of the lives of our fellow RPers and what we have is that an RPG is updated every month (or every 6 months XD).

I've heard from some people ideas to try and not make RPG a chore... that's the point: as long as it seems like a chore to dive into the RPG world and make a long post with amazing dialogues and awe-inspiring scenes, RPG will not progress.

The difference between RPG and some forums is that you need teamwork and communication for the forum to be updated in a satisfactory basis. After all, how do you expect a building to be constructed if the workers do not take of their time to talk about the building plans and built it itself? So what do we have: that a forum is as active as the members who are passionate about said forum.

If you want RPG to flourish, then you have to be passionate about it. Easier said than done when you have busy lives? Maybe. But I don't think its too difficult to take 15 minutes of your time and email a fellow RPer with a few ideas for a new RPG or for a post. Also, it is not too difficult to take one hour of a weekend and write a post in any RPG. If I can do it (and I consider myself a crappy writer compared to the likes of other fellow RPers) then I'm pretty sure that you guys can do it too.

And one more thing.. how do expect for others to join your RPGs if you don't support their ideas? I've seen RPGs start here and they have a very interesting topic to RP about, but people don't join. How will the main RPer feel then? He will, of course, lose interest in RPing because he/she feels like no one will be interested in his/her ideas.

Anyway, I can't say what will be good, but I have had a few ideas for RPG. And of course, I encourage you guye to take the chance and post here. I ask you: what are some of these ideas that you have thought about? And what is preventing you right now from RPing (if there is something apart from lack of interest).

I'll take the chance to start:

-Like I said earlier, people who have interest in RPG (like Mikachu and Master Rudy who posted right above me) generally have ideas for RPG's of their own. I encourage you to talk about them and to contact those two sitting there *points at Crystal Tears and Chobichibi*

-Get to it!: I'm sure that every RPer right now has at least one idea of an RPG (I have an idea about an RPG based on the game Panzer Dragoon... yeah, you get to ride dragons people), so let's talk about them.

-Take of your time to get your ass here!: I lurk here at least once or twice a day and even though I may deny it, I have my mornign free (except Fridays). I'm sure that there are some like me out there who lurk in the forums every now and then. If you can lurk, you can take the next step:

-Post something!: Even if its in the RPG lounge, speaking about something light, but post. The way RPG will start to show activity is if you post after all.

-Don't be afraid to challenge the ideas: With all due respect, if a mod says no to an idea: ask why? And of course, ask about what can be done to improve upon the idea and make it a cool idea. They have experience, but they are humans of course, and as humans they can be both teachers and students (they can learn too), so talk!

-Communication: I can't say that this one will happen from one day to another, but if we're all interested in making RPG active, we have to communicate. That's why I'm encouraging people to post, even if your post is not about RPG.

-Don't wait too long: This has been my mistake over and over again I have to admit. I get stuck waiting for someone to post (still waiting btw) and in the process I don't post myself. Now, we don't want to double post all the time, but if someone starts to postpone his post for too long, communicate with other people and see if you can help with their posts too.

-Think that RPG is alive: Can you visualize that? Can you see the activity getting more and more frequent? Believe me, seeing RPG in a positive light has more influence than you think. Why? Is simple: if you think "RPG is dead... RPG is dead..." feeling like that will discourage you from posting. Don't believe me? Hey, I heard not too long ago from someone saying: "Oh look, RPG is still dead." Well then, use a freaking Phoenix Down (Final Fantasy) or a Pick Me Up (Super Mario RPG) or whatever idead you have. Reviving RPG is easy, you know! So hey, think: How does that lvl 100 RPG forum looks? Looks cool, right? Well then, let's do it! Let's get that forum active again.

-Passion: Now then, here's where things get tricky! I'm sure that if we get to work now, the next month will be looking way better for RPG, but can you keep it from turning into a chore? Of course you do! All you have to do is take of your time to contribute to the forum. Everyone has ideas, but as long as they stay in your mind, they will not feed the seed of the RPG forum. So come on! I will point my finger at each and everyone of you and I will challenge you to PM me and the mods with ideas. And if you feel like you don't want to share your ideas with the mods just yet, then PM me. In fact, not even me, PM the person you feel most comfortable with while talking about RPG and talk about your ideas. After RPG takes off again, is up to us to keep the gas tank full, so if you find yourself thinking of RPG as a chore, talk about it. Write why you feel like that and I'll see if there's something I can do to help, alright?

Now then... I have to admit that I haven't moved either. So in a way, I want to thank Master Rudy for taking of his time to write here. It kinda gave it a kickstart to something I've been neglecting myself so I'll think about a few things to write within the next days. Again, I encourage you to write and PM people. If wwe have time to feel bad about how RPG is "now", we have itme to change it "now", so let's do it!

Master Rudy
7th November 2013, 11:54 AM
Well hopefully my post and Shadow's post might jumpstart the forum a bit. Short of shutting things down it's not like it can get much worse anyway :P

As for my idea it's been mulled over and developed a bit. Still in the rough draft/planning stage so don't expect a post on it anytime soon. At the very least I did hit some of you with the idea via PM (five to be exact). Would have contacted more of you but the PM limit on the number of copies I could send at once stopped me from sending more so I just focused on those of you that I feel can remain active. I've got a number in my head and if enough of you like the idea then I'll be likely to develop it more and move forward. If you were on the receiving end of my PM then get back to me even if it's just to say you aren't interested. Suggestions are more than welcome ^_~

Now back to the topic at hand: does anyone else have anything to add regarding the state of the RPG forum? In the absence of active RPG's what about fresh ideas? I know we're all older and busier now but it's like Shadow said: how hard can it really be to devote 15-60 minutes of free time at home towards progressing a story? When I'm not working or with friends what else am I going to do with that time? Fight the Horde in WoW? Spend too much time watching TV shows that ended years ago? Set up my fanboy dream of CM Punk, Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan in a triple threat WWE/WHT title unification at WrestleMania 30 in WWE 2K14?

I'm still getting a feel for who is still active around here but I'm hoping to see something new related to this topic from someone that isn't Shadow or Mika (no offense guys :P)

ChobiChibi
8th November 2013, 04:50 PM
I hate these threads.

But kudos to everyone for keeping everything positive and constructive so far.

You know, Sie and I had heaps of ideas to get this place active again, almost like giving it a new lick of paint if you will... But neither of us have really been that enthused lately, since this place is quiet.

Don't get me wrong, but I pin the blame on this on everyone equally. But don't think that I've ever forgotten this place, because I haven't. Really haven't. I would love to see this place flourish again, but like it has already been said, it can't be done alone.

Rudy, I'm sorry, but I've never liked or followed DB, so as much as I want to be supportive in the kick-start RPG thing, it's just not something I can get behind. Pokemon, to be honest, is the way forward here. Massively shared interest by everyone here, I'd defo get behind that, and I know if it's the right kinda pokemon, Sie would too.

I'm not gonna argue back about how long it takes to post, too petty and there's many more productive things we could be doing ^^

classy_cat18
8th November 2013, 05:36 PM
Hate to rant here but it's hard to stay excited about RPGs when they keep falling flat on their face. Got a nice concept, plot, maybe even an ending in mind. People spend hours coming up with a character, which isn't a chore to me. Then they start the RPG, and I can't help but make long posts sometimes. But then someone floats away, interested in something else. There goes a character vital to the plot. Then another member floats away. Then another. They're poked and poked but can't be bothered to post five words, let alone five hundred. Before you know it, RPG's dead. This happened to a lot of RPGs that I enjoyed (one of them a Temeraire RPG where you can be a dragon or a rider, Shadow) and all I could do was accept it and move on because most of those cases it was because the creator themselves stopped posting. I've tried to start a few RPGs myself and seriously, I'm close to just posting "A man walked into an old house" and see if someone joins in. Coming up with a concept that people will like is pretty damn hard to do sometimes, it's better to just not have a concept at all at the beginning and see what everyone else puts in.

We've lost a lot of members that contributed a lot to RPGs liveliness. And I can't really judge anyone seeing as I myself am a mod to a dead forum (*blush*), but one thing that Fanfic and RPG and even AC/CC shared in common was that it had some pretty active people that one day simply stopped caring (*blushes again*). And I know that the world keeps spinning, but there's no new blood coming. Anyone who joins nowadays goes straight to ASB. And I'd gladly hop aboard the Pokemon train but I have neither X or Y so it'll probably be at some makeup location and have no signup topic. Just, "A girl and her Totodile walk into the Pokemon Center".

Blademaster
11th November 2013, 01:41 AM
Everyone has different interests and nobody (except a few avid writers here and there) wants to commit to writing a big overarching story, at least after weeks and months.

That's pretty much the gist of it.

Asilynne
11th November 2013, 01:47 AM
TPM will always be special to me but I've been spending most of my online time on another forum where I am a mod/welcoming committee member :x so I really haven't had time to devote to trying to revive RPG here, sorry :(

However if you wanted to start an rpg then I could try to join but I'm not sure how active I'd be...still if you think its worth a try I say go for it!

Master Rudy
11th November 2013, 12:10 PM
Hmm....seems like several of you are interested. The question is what would everyone like to see? I myself have several ideas floating around my brain so I guess it's time to share in order of most to least fleshed out:

Dragon Ball
This is perhaps the most fleshed out one I've got so far as the folks who received my PM can tell you. The short version is this: the final generation of Z Fighters stopped the end of the world 300 years ago. Problem is it cost them their lives and the damage to the Earth was downright staggering. Billions dead, many if not all of the Earth's cites destroyed, the loss of 500 years of technological advances. The typical "let's wish everything back" plan is not an option due to no Dragon Radar and extremely poor knowledge of the Dragon Balls among the general population. Meanwhile the various skills and knowledge of the Z Fighters is all but gone due to their few surviving students being minimally trained at best. Ki usage is a lost art now and while Saiyan blood has spread quite a bit among the population they tend to be treated like second class citizens due to many holding the belief that their overwhelming power at the Earth's peak is one of the things to lead to it's downfall. In recent months a group of outlaws are beginning to display levels of power not seen since the time period prior to Goku's arrival. Somehow they seem to have uncovered some lost tech and rumors are floating around that they seek the Dragon Balls which by this time have fallen into myth. With no options left Earth's current guardian must now seek out a new generation of warriors to protect the Earth once more.

Dragon Ball is something several of us know quite well. Power level wise I'm actually looking at pre/early original DB levels for two reasons: it's rare that those levels are touched and it can hopefully quell any potential power level arguments. Meanwhile I've decided to go with a post apocalyptic Earth for a new twist. Usually DB is either about the race for the DB's or the prevention of Earth's destruction. The first element is there due to it being damn near a requirement for DB but it's not very often you see an "after the end" scenario that doesn't involve the Mirai/Future timeline.

Warcraft
Ultimately I don't have much planned but the start of it has essentially written itself. Anyway I started to toy with this one following the announcement of Warlords of Draenor. Aside from the basic backstory for the new expansion this would run off on it's own direction independent from whatever Blizzard has in mind for WoD. For those that don't know the lore or backstory don't worry. It's fairly basic swords and sorcery type stuff. As for lore there's plenty of extensive resources for anyone that needs info on something or someone that may get mentioned:
http://www.wowpedia.org/

Grand Theft Auto
Another one I'm toying with. I feel something similar to GTA5's heist story could potentially work well for something modern day.

Pokémon
Ironically a Pokémon RPG is the one I've planned the least for. No firm ideas in mind but it strikes me as being something easy to get off the ground. I'm mainly tossing this one into the pot since this is TPM after all.

There's everything I've thought about or would potentially be interested in. Does anyone else have any ideas they wish to add?

Mew Master
14th November 2013, 05:19 PM
Life sometimes takes precidence over TPM. Tiss sad to say. :< But it happens and there's usually an eb and flow of such things.

Asilynne
16th November 2013, 01:19 AM
I actually have an old pokemon rpg we could do...its very basic but yeah lol

Master Rudy
17th November 2013, 11:24 PM
I actually have an old pokemon rpg we could do...its very basic but yeah lol

In light of the sheer lack of response to any of my ideas link it if you've got an older one posted. I'd assume things might need to be restarted but whatever....if there's already a Pokémon RPG floating about then we may as well use yours Bran.

In the meantime I'll keep my DB ideas in mind and try to flesh them out a bit more in the event that things get a bit more active around here.

classy_cat18
17th November 2013, 11:57 PM
I do have an idea for a different kind of RPG.

A few years back I tried out a RPG site. They had several big RPGs, each needing its own forum. What they would do was take a fandom, or establish a world of their own, have one signup topic, and then have subforums dealing with different locations in that world. Members would then get together via PM and start topics featuring private or open RPs in a given location, or just start an RP of their own and wait for someone to join in. That way they would only have to wait for a small group of people to post, and get through their own little scenario. No waiting for the creator to move the plot along.

Since we're not solely an RPG site, we'd only be able to do one of these RPGs. So why not do one with Pokemon? Have a made up Pokemon location like an island or a city where elements from all generations are incorporated for the world, and then locations within that island/city for subforums.

I'm trying to describe my idea as best as possible. If you have any feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

Asilynne
18th November 2013, 01:49 PM
Its really old and I actually did it on a different forum, it was called The Missing.

Basic start topic (and I mean really basic lol)

The world is teeming with pokemon. For years humans and pokemon have lived side by side, cooperating with each other, helping each other build a better world for both of them. Or so some think. For not all humans accepted living together with pokemon, some people felt pokemon were tools to be used as they saw fit, felt that they had no feelings, no emotions, and just used them for their own desires. Some were just cruel, not caring one way or the other if they neglected them. Whether the pokemon liked or hated the humans, whether the pokemon were wild or captive, this was how the world was. There was no way to change it. Humans seemed like they were here to stay.

They werent.

Because you ARE one of those pokemon, and one day you woke up to a world without humans. Everythings the same, cars in the streets, buildings as they were when you went to sleep that night, but not a human to be seen. Realising this is strange and wondering where they went, or perhaps glad theyre gone, you explore around you, seeking out other pokemon in the area, trying to find out what had happened.
But the only sure thing was that the humans were gone.

Ok, this RPG is set in and around the fictional pokemon town of Capsule City. To the west is a forested area, and surrounding the rest of the town is some fields and a lake in the center. The lake is called Sushi Lake and is in the middle of the Citys park, which is a favorite spot for pokemon. Everyones character will be in this area, and will be congrigating here so this is a good spot to have your character meet everyone. Then the two groups will set off trying to either bring the humans back or keep them from coming back. Ill let anyone make the first post ^-~

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th November 2013, 12:08 AM
Er... Roy already strated a Pokemon RPG, although your idea is cool, too, Asi. The more the merrier, I guess.

I think the current state of the whole TPM is due to the unfortunate fact that many of us are busy with other things in the life. That makes me think: should there be an UPPER LIMIT to words in an RPG post? Nobody is able to read 20,000 word replies all the time. In the worst sceanrio, it can kill the interest in the subject. Of course, I might be wrong.

Asilynne
19th November 2013, 05:02 PM
I just figured I'd post it here if anyone wanted to use it. If not, thats fine with me lol

Nall
4th December 2013, 06:32 AM
Speaking as a person-who-gradually-lost-interest... I haven't been active in an RP here in years but I've kinda been getting the itch to write again lately. If something cool caught on I could be willing to drag myself out of accidental retirement to participate, but I don't wanna make any promises I can't keep since I've been kinda busy elsewhere.

Since nobody else is really giving feedback... I kinda like Rudy's DB idea since it sounds like DB meets Fallout (which I looove), but I've forgotten so much about Dragonball over the years that pretty much all my knowledge of the series has been overwritten by DBZ Abridged. Warcraft I know nothing about as my soul was spared WoW, and GTA I don't really care much for. Pokemon would be fun though, it's been a really long time since I've RP'd Pokemon. I really like Asi's Pokemon idea, since it feels like kind of a darker twist on the Mystery Dungeon series, of which I've always liked the concept but could never get into the games too much. classy_cat's concept sounds interesting but I feel like there's not enough people on this forum for something that spread apart to survive, especially if RPs where everything's condensed into one thread have a hard time surviving.

(PS hi everyone who remembers me from when I used to post here like 9 years ago, I was that person with the really neat DB RPG forever ago)

Mystic_clown
5th December 2013, 05:43 PM
I'm back peeps! And now, for some feedback!

Rudy: I'm very interested in the post apocalyptic DB idea. Definitely a new take on the idea that has not been done. I'm also interested in the GTA idea, mainly because it makes me nostalgic of the GTA RPG I started way back when.

Brandy: Yours is also a rather interesting idea. Humans getting raptured 'in a sense', leaving only the pokemon. Kind of curious to see how it would play out.

Classy: That sounds similar to the ASB RPG we tried way back when. I loved that RPG, and I'm a little surprised it died. I want it back!

Nall: I don't remember you, but good to have you back.

Personally, I've been kicking around an idea of sorts of a Kingdom Hearts RPG.

mattbcl
5th December 2013, 08:25 PM
I think I actually would be quite interested in trying out Brandy's RP idea... I like the freedom of being able to be whatever Pokémon I want to play as, with requisite attacks and such, but also lots of interaction with other Pokémon.

Blademaster
6th December 2013, 03:21 PM
The last RPG I tried was one with giant robots. It got zero sign-ups.

I committed suicide shortly thereafter.

Mystic_clown
6th December 2013, 10:45 PM
Actually it got two.

Blademaster
7th December 2013, 11:02 AM
NOW he tells me...

Mystic_clown
7th December 2013, 11:44 PM
You posted after they did. Heck, you APPROVED them.

classy_cat18
8th December 2013, 09:16 AM
I think I'd rather try out Roy's idea. The story of the Great Kalos War seems intriguing to me.

Mystic: Unlike ASBRPG, you won't have to worry about a ref or GM to dictate the outcome of your actions. Plus you can choose to not battle or capture Pokemon at all (if you're playing a human).

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th December 2013, 02:29 AM
Crystal Tears's Digimon RPG is so intriguing, but I should wait and see if the mixed Japanese and Chinese course I am going to give out with a Chinese guy will actually take place next year. Only if it won't, then I'll perhaps have time for the RPG forum.

Master Rudy
22nd January 2014, 04:27 PM
Still interested in getting something going. Leaning towards DB and fleshing out that idea a bit more. Just been on the busy side with overnight shifts at work and spending free time doing stuff with friends and family :P

Fai D. Flowright
10th April 2014, 11:58 PM
*ahem* Um... Hey everybody! Hisashiburi da ne? Long time, no see!

It's been a while since I've been around, but I've had some down-time lately *coughwasunemployedforlastfourmonths* and decided to pop back on. Sad to see the state of the RPG forum in such a dusty manner, but not surprising, as it was already that way when I was fading away due to my own life circumstances... So it's almost like I never left... Kinda scary to see that I can go back just a page or two and find one of my own RPGs from before I stopped...

Well, in general it sounds like people are interested in a Pokemon RPG, which isn't surprising as this IS a Pokemon forum. What else would we all still be doing here if it weren't for pokemon in the first place!

Oddly enough, in the two or three years that I've been gone, I've been introduced to several new concepts and really got into a tabletop RP version of Pokemon that has kept my attention for some time now (actually recently completed a campaign). So, in lieu of my inability to continue the tabletop game I was running using the system for my friends in Michigan (for those that don't know, I used to an hour west of Detroit, now I'm on the north edge of Columbus, OH), I've been considering converting the concept into a text-based RPG on the forums here! It actually uses an original region, Sotai, which some of you may recognise as the world that was previously created for ASBRPG, but I've updated a lot of the information and created a streamlined concept and motivation for the region.

I realize that this topic is a bit old, but if people are interested in an idea that I already have mostly fleshed out, let me know and I'll post for information, like a rough draft intro and generic character SU form.

ChobiChibi
11th April 2014, 09:30 AM
I've played a tabletop Pokemon RPG, it was so much fun :) I had a little Tepig, trying to teach it ember was hilarious XD

T-chan, I've seen your PM btw, I'll reply to you soon, I just keep forgetting XD I'm sorry~

Fai D. Flowright
12th April 2014, 12:27 AM
Yaaay! I assume that means you'd be interested if I started this then? I'll probably post my opening stuff soon here. I almost have my sign-up form completed.

OOC, what system did you use for the tabletop? We've been using PTA (Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures), but we've also starting looking into the more integrated sister system, PTU (Pokemon: Tabletop United). Both are really great systems for different reasons, but I'm thinking of using more stuff from PTU for this than from PTA because it seems like a lot more of it will convert over MUCH easier than the systems used in PTA...>.<

Dunno if there's anyone else here anymore who does much tabletopping, let alone Pokemon-specific tabletopping... If not, I probably just confused the hell out of everyone... ^^:

Also... Becks, you need to get on AIM more often so I can poke you... It's so lonely on my Trillian without you. I just have Ryan and Shonta.

Master Rudy
19th April 2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome back Fai!

Columbus eh? I don't travel there often but the WWE is apparently considering it for a host city for Wrestlemania 34 or 35. Granted it's competing against Indy and Orlando so frankly I don't think it's got a chance in hell. If it does win it's solely going to be because of the 102K+ capacity that Ohio Stadium could hold for such an event and the fact that it would set a new attendance record.

Anyway back on topic.

I've had that Dragon Ball idea for awhile now but several factors have kept me from giving it the attention it deserves. Mainly my own inexperience with actually leading things and the fact that I'm worried there won't be enough people/interest to either get it off the ground or to finish it :-/

Right now I say play it safe. If you or someone else wants to get a Pokémon RPG running then I'd at the very least check it out in the hopes that it may actually encourage some folks to start doing stuff around here again.

Drago
20th April 2014, 04:29 AM
I'm really itching to come back to RPG. If something took my fancy, it'd be enough to take me out of retirement.

Crystal Tears
24th April 2014, 01:50 AM
Good Lord… I didn’t think I’d ever see you back here Fai o: Good to see you around and Nall, you too. I remember you, I don’t think we ever spoke but I do remember you.

So, I will play catch up.

Rudy: Unfortunately, I don’t know nearly enough about DBZ nor do I have the inclination to join such an RPG. While I remember the last(?) DBZ rpg being an interesting read, it’s not something I would personally be interested in joining. Warcraft and Pokemon are the most intriguing to me, but I find with any RPG based off of a Blizzard game – it gets bogged down with the lore behind the universe. If you can find a way to make it user-friendly and easy to jump in, it could work. Cuz well, Blood Elf <3
GTA… not my thing at all to be honest..

BTW don’t let your lack of experience leading an RPG stop you from trying an idea your passionate about. That goes for everyone, things are bleak in RPG, but if you have an idea that truly inspires you then post it up. Worst that can happen is nothing, and seeing as nothing is happening anyways – what excuse do you have?

Classy: You’re idea, like Mystic_Clown says – sounds a lot like ASBRPG back in the day. It was a cool concept but it ended up getting waaaay to complicated and bogged down with drama and whatever-else killed it. I’m not saying the idea couldn’t work, but to have forums devoted to one large RPG is quite the endeavour and well we all have a problem getting an RPG past the sign up stage, let alone trying to motivate everyone to run a whole, large RPG.

Fai: Of all the ideas I’ve read in this topic, yours is the most promising in my opinion. I’m not shooting down anyone’s ideas here people, so please don’t take it as that, I just know what I like. But it sounds like your Pokemon RP is quite planned out and organized. Since most RPers here seem to be at least interested in a Pokemon RPG – yours may be the best one to go with.

…and despite all the interest in Pokemon, I literally said fuck it and am making a Marvel Superhero RPG with the help of mattbcl and Mew Master.

Yep.

*skips away*

Fai D. Flowright
22nd May 2014, 11:56 AM
Well, I have the RPG topic up... I'm kinda sad that almost 3 weeks after putting it up, I JUST got two sign-ups and they are from the people that I've been talking with online about it consistently (probably pesteringly...). Becki, Jenn, Rudy, Drago.... You all showed interest in a Pokemon RPG, but I haven't seen or heard anything. What happened? I wish I could see at least a couple of you online again because it works alot better when we can actively communicate to develop ideas!

Come on, guys! I expected more of you all even with minimal interest shown in my idea!

Drago
24th May 2014, 09:04 AM
I'm on scarcely. And I'm often drunk.

Drago
24th May 2014, 09:06 AM
Also, it took nearly 24 hours for a reply, and that is really freaking sad. Honestly, I would love to try harder. But I need to see more sign-ups before I can be arsed to write up a character description. Gimme a tick, I'll put that shit in my sig.

Fai D. Flowright
24th May 2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry, but I think that's kinda bullshit... If you like the looks of something, either sign up or just say no. The number of people involved should have no bearing on whether you get involved or not. And guess what? At this point, I may not GET a lot of people, so because you're waiting to see who's going to join as well, you're reducing the number of people I have as well. This forum isn't in a position where we can depend on a hyperbolic curve of participation to determine if a person joins or not; where a few people start and then the sign-ups progressively boom more and more and people sign-up. We don't have the grace of dozens of active players any more, so to be told that 5 or 6 people are interested in something now is a good thing, but only if they are actually going to get involved without having to depend on the initiative of others...