PDA

View Full Version : [X/Y] XY Christmas Secret Santa (preparations)

Shadow Wolf
28th November 2013, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone! I hope you're doing well! ^_^

Anyway, it suddenly occurred to me that we usually do things like these in TPM. I believe both Fanfiction and ASB do this on a yearly basis (so credits to whoever came with this idea in the respective forums), however, I was wondering, have we tried this for actual pokemon games? And if not, if we were to create the first Christmas Secret Santa for the games, would you like to participate?

We're one month away but I wanted to discuss this ahead, since the gifts could take time to get (for example, if someone were to wish a shiny Dratini for Christmas, then it would obviously take time to find one). Now of course, it doesn't have to be a shiny pokemon. It could be just a pokemon -any pokemon- that you'd wish to have for Christmas; and this is precisely why I wanted to discuss this idea with you guys. How would you like the event to happen and what do you think could be a good way to host it?

Anyway, comments/suggestions/feedback... anything. Just fill me in and we'll decide on the way. :)

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th November 2013, 10:11 PM
Well FanFic hasn't done this for a while. Er, I'd like to point out that in Secret Santa, you normally don't wish for anything, the present is a surprise. I might be wrong of course.

I guess the actual handing of the Pokemon would be via trade, but shouldn't the one who gives you the present be the same person who receives the present from you, then? That would contradict the idea of Secret Santa.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I just don't know how this can be done in practice.

Shadow Wolf
30th November 2013, 08:50 AM
Well FanFic hasn't done this for a while. Er, I'd like to point out that in Secret Santa, you normally don't wish for anything, the present is a surprise. I might be wrong of course.

Yeah, that can work too. The point is to give someone a pokrmon as a gift. The reason why I recommended a wish list is because usually, the pokemon we want to have is one we could either use in our team or just appreciate it. And again, hence why I mentioned that I'm open for ideas. ^_^

I guess the actual handing of the Pokemon would be via trade, but shouldn't the one who gives you the present be the same person who receives the present from you, then? That would contradict the idea of Secret Santa.

Not really. Just get a spare pokemon to trade and let the person trade you your gift pokemon. Then again, if the person receiving the gift wants to give the giver a good pokemon, then hey, no one complains for 2 gifts, right? Hahahaha.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I just don't know how this can be done in practice.

The basic concept I had was that, since wi-fi now lets us communicate with everyone, we can plan something like this. Set a date for us to exchange our gifts (or a weekend, since not everyone can onnect to the internet as easily as I do). Or, similar to ASB, we can put a list of Pokemon that we could give for Christmas and let peopole choose which one they want. One way or the other, the important factor here is to make a nice event for Christmas. ^_^

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th November 2013, 10:51 AM
Oh yes, the idea of having two presents sounds awesome! An entire week would be a fine time range. Or we could even define a fixed hour when everyone would be online. Count me semi-in. I hope we get more names.

CaptainJigglypuff
30th November 2013, 12:52 PM
I'm in. I can give Pokemon others want Egg Moves if I can. I breed for moves rather than IVs but I also try to hatch Pokemon with rarer moves such as Vulpix with Tail Slap and Horsea with Octazooka.

classy_cat18
10th December 2013, 01:21 AM
I'd like to try this. Like Emerald, I breed for moves but I'll try for some good Pokemon.

Perfect Chaos
10th December 2013, 10:27 PM
I haven't really had a chance to finish X/Y yet but if by some weird ass miracle that I do manage to finish the whole game by the time this might start, I'm super game to be a part of this.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th December 2013, 03:43 AM
I have only one gym badge. I'm playing very slowly, so don't expect anything special from me.

CaptainJigglypuff
11th December 2013, 07:01 AM
What I would like in return for breeding any Pokemon with a certain Egg move is not very much. I'd like a Slurpluff, a female Girafarig, a Scizor (either gender) at level 30 or below, and a female Liepard. That's all I really want. I'd also like a super sized Shiny Pumkaboo so it'll evolve into Gourgeist during the trade but I know that's too hard get as that size Pumpkaboo is very rare and finding a shiny version would be frustrating for anyone to do.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th December 2013, 11:27 PM
I'm sorry, I feel like I'm ruining everyone's Christmas, but I'll have to withdraw from this. I can't be connected to the internet the whole holiday season.

Shadow Wolf
17th December 2013, 09:26 AM
OK, so the participants at the moment are:

-classy_cat18
-Captain Jigglypuff
-Perfect Chaos (pending)
-Shadow Wolf

Well, since we're a small group, we can make it work in one of two ways:

1-Each one of you can place a wish list and the others can volunteer to take their request

and/or

2-Each one can provide a list of Pokemon they have that they consider good for giving to others.

We can to separate or we can do both. I'll let you guys choose. Since we are one wee from Christmas, you can choose the option and provide the list(s).

I'll add my list(s) after I hear your feedback. :)

EDIT: Oh, and don't worry Mikachu. Things can happen so don't worry. However, I'll do an exception with you. Between the shiny pokemon that can be caught in X and Y, I'm going to give you a chance to choose which pokemon you would want in shiny form. AFter all, part of my plan was to offer myself to give a shiny pokemon of preference to the participants in this event. It can't be a legendary pokemon, of course, since those might be shiny locked and I caught most of them in my game. But if its a non-legendary poekmon that I can catch in the game, I can get a shiny form of it. So yeah, your choice. :)

CaptainJigglypuff
17th December 2013, 11:29 AM
^Legendary Pokemon aren't shiny locked this time. I know someone whose friend got a shiny Xernas and I've heard people have gotten Zyngarde shiny.

Pokemon I can offer: Charmander with Egg moves Flare Blitz and Beat Up, Eevee of any gender, any Pokemon that is easily caught in X aside from Friend Safari with Egg moves if I have a Pokemon that knows the move, and Snorunt. What I'd like in return are a Slurpluff (gender doesn't matter), Scizor of any gender, a female Girafarig, and a female Liepard.

classy_cat18
17th December 2013, 12:20 PM
I already have a female Liepard. What I can give in return are Y exclusives (up through Terminus Cave), and some Aura Sphere'ing, Dragon Pulse'ing Squirtle. And who knows what else I might run into between now and Christmas? I'm running into a lot of female Pokemon, even when the odds of that are low. Shoot, my Blastoise is female and I gave away a female Aerodactyl on Wonder Trade yesterday.

EDIT: ROTOM!

CaptainJigglypuff
17th December 2013, 01:24 PM
^I hatched three Flare Blitz/Beat Up Charmander and about five female Eevee. I put them all except one Charmander up on Wonder Trade. I got a German Noibat in return for one of them.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th December 2013, 11:11 PM
EDIT: Oh, and don't worry Mikachu. Things can happen so don't worry. However, I'll do an exception with you. Between the shiny pokemon that can be caught in X and Y, I'm going to give you a chance to choose which pokemon you would want in shiny form. AFter all, part of my plan was to offer myself to give a shiny pokemon of preference to the participants in this event. It can't be a legendary pokemon, of course, since those might be shiny locked and I caught most of them in my game. But if its a non-legendary poekmon that I can catch in the game, I can get a shiny form of it. So yeah, your choice. :)

That's kind, I don't just know if I'll be able to be online.

Shadow Wolf
24th December 2013, 11:30 PM
That's kind, I don't just know if I'll be able to be online.

Ah, but that's the thing Mikachu. I can hold it for as long as needed until you can get online. The gift will be there waiting for you and I'm in no hurry, so after finding your gift pokemon, I'll hold it for you until you can log in, alrighty?

CJ: Apologies for kinda not believing you, but considering I haven't seen game pictures of the shiny legendaries, I kinda have a hard time believing that shiny pokemon aren't shiny locked, especially not pictures of shiny Zygarde. But anyway, back to topic: I have here a Technician Scizor that I got in a trade (lv1). If that's OK for a gift, let me know. :)

Classy: OK, so I still don't know what you want but I have a few shiny pokemon with me. I can get you almost any pokemon that can be chain fished, but II'll let you choose.

Perfect Chaos: Same to you man, i don't know what pokemon you'd want, so let me know and I'll look for it.

And finally, this is a Christmas gift, but I don't want you guys to feel pressured. The gifts will be waiting for you even after Christmas. That way you will spend your Christmas time doing what you planned to do and then you can pick up your gifts when you pick up the game again (which I know will be soon considering that the Celebi with Pokemon Bank is up soon).

Oh, and before I forget: Any shiny pokemon will do, and if you haven't found any shiny pokemon that you can give for trade, then any pokemon with egg moves. I'm pretty flexible with trades. :)

PS: I forgot to say that my computer died (hard disk drive failed), so I'm using my very 3DS (which has a poor internet signal reception) to visit the forums. Still, I do plan to go with this.

classy_cat18
26th December 2013, 11:33 AM
Shadow Wolf: What shiny Pokemon do you have? Also, it's gonna take me another day to have my gifts ready. Please don't kill me.

CaptainJigglypuff
26th December 2013, 03:05 PM
That's perfect Shadow Wolf! I wanted a low levelled Scizor! What would you like in return?

Shadow Wolf
26th December 2013, 11:40 PM
classy: I have quite a few actually. Most via chain fishing (Remoraid, Skrelp, Relicanth and Poliwhirl are some that I recall), but Ii have others from friend Safari, like Magmar and Sliggoo (I was planning to give you the shiny Sliggoo if you'd like it).

CJ: Again, I'm pretty flexiible buddy, so I'm willing to accept almost anything (the almost being there since I'm tired of Wonder Trade male Combee, hahahaha

classy_cat18
27th December 2013, 05:57 PM
Okay, I have the female Liepard that I've already caught. And to the other two, you get to choose between Georges and Georgette. Male and female Squirtle with Aqua Jet, Aura Sphere, Water Pulse, and Dragon Pulse. Perfect for when they mega evolve!

CaptainJigglypuff
28th December 2013, 08:45 AM
@Shadow Wolf
I'm going to breed a Pain Split Spiritomb for you today. I'll PM you later when it is ready. It may take a day or two to get. I have to level up my Litwick a bit.

classy_cat18
8th January 2014, 04:36 PM
Shadow Wolf: I WANT THE SHINY SLIGGOO. *intense stare*

Hey guys? Still waiting for you to get your gifts. I know I was offline for a while (internet problems, sorry). Just PM me when you're ready. In return, if you happen to have any Johto starters via Wonder Trade, or any shinies, or any X exclusives. PM me what you got!

Magmar
8th January 2014, 05:49 PM
If someone ends up not receiving a gift because their Secret Santa backed out, and since I was a little late to this, I'm happy to sub in and send something nice along (: I'm really enjoying the collecting aspect of this game!!

Shadow Wolf
19th January 2014, 12:22 AM
If someone ends up not receiving a gift because their Secret Santa backed out, and since I was a little late to this, I'm happy to sub in and send something nice along (: I'm really enjoying the collecting aspect of this game!!

Actually, I was wondering if you would like a shiny version of yourself? :D

Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know that I have the gifts. However, I must admit that ir may be tad hard to find me since I have to make my DS kiss my router for signal. My advice is that you guys choose a day and time so that I can log in and provide the gifts. And yes Shonta, the Shiny Sliggoo is yours so no need to use the stare on me XD

Magmar
20th January 2014, 09:00 AM
Actually, I was wondering if you would like a shiny version of yourself? :D

Duuuude! Thanks for the Shiny Magmar! I'm afraid I haven't got quite a collection of harder-to-obtain pokemon as of yet, but I do have a plethora of Porygon if you'd like one.