PDA

View Full Version : New YTV Titles

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 10:28 PM
If any kind person from Canada has been keeping up with the new episodes can they post the titles? Thanks a bunch. ^^

PAK Man
6th May 2003, 04:05 PM
From what I've heard, here are what the new ones are (possible spoilers):

Japanese: Battle Park! vs. Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise!
English: One Trick Phony

Japanese: Politoed and Cheerleading!
English: I Politoed You So!

Japanese: Ice Cave!
English: (don't know this title)

Japanese: Clair's Dratini
English: Beauty is Skin Deep

These are all I know. Hope this helps!

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 04:15 PM
BTW, Nick, just to let you know, YTV skipped "The Ice Cave" for some wierd reason, so there has been no dub title for that as it was never aired.

My guess for this move is either skipping useless fillers to get to Advance quicker, or they found Brock's and Jynx's "relationship" bad. ;)

Nikku-San
6th May 2003, 06:20 PM
"One Trick Phony".... What the.... Nevermind. Just nevermind. "I Politoed You So" is kinda funny. "Beauty Is Skin Deep" I don't get but I don't know the plot of the episode anyway. And I'm not even going to ask what Brock's relationship with Jynx was. *snickers*

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
"One Trick Phony".... What the.... Nevermind. Just nevermind. "I Politoed You So" is kinda funny. "Beauty Is Skin Deep" I don't get but I don't know the plot of the episode anyway. And I'm not even going to ask what Brock's relationship with Jynx was. *snickers*

Nick, please enlighten me on "I Politoed You So", I really don't get what the pun is and what it has to do with the episode!

Thanks...

Anti-R*cketship
6th May 2003, 10:42 PM
Also, first Blackthorn Battle episode was "Fangs for Nothing".

Nikku-San
6th May 2003, 11:34 PM
Well, the Toed takes the place of the world told. And what it has to do with the episode.... I don't know, I haven't seen it. ^^;; I just like the sound of it for some odd reason. Whereas One Trick Phony just sounds bad to me. Oh well, shouldn't expect too much from the titles anyway. ^^;;

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 08:28 AM
Well, the Toed takes the place of the world told. And what it has to do with the episode.... I don't know, I haven't seen it. ^^;; I just like the sound of it for some odd reason. Whereas One Trick Phony just sounds bad to me. Oh well, shouldn't expect too much from the titles anyway. ^^;;

Thanks for the explinations. ^^;;;

Anyway, the episode puns seemed to have ceased for a while, until they restarted again. Can't they just write usual, regular titles?

SuperSonic
7th May 2003, 08:48 PM
dont forget ep MQep 44 is "Great bowls of fire" i just watched it fresh off Mirc its pretty good, lots of awesome battling. Well you'll just have to see it.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by SuperSonic
dont forget ep MQep 44 is "Great bowls of fire" i just watched it fresh off Mirc its pretty good, lots of awesome battling. Well you'll just have to see it.

Yeah, thanks for reminding us.

*Spoiler Alert*

Ah, that episode was great. I saw it a while ago, and I still remember the way Charizard battled. I think if Ash hadn't given Charizard to Liza at the Charicific Valley it never would have gotten to this condition.

*End Spoiler Alert*

Nikku-San
8th May 2003, 02:30 PM
Oh, cool, that's the battle with Charizard and Dragonite, right? Awesome! ^^

Oh, and sorry I haven't posted too recently, the key between y and i is broken so I finally had to mash the key really hard to log-in.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 04:28 PM
*Spoiler Alert*

Ash seems to really enjoy using Charizard against dragon Pokemon, especially from the Dratini -- Dragonair -- Dragonite lineup.

During the Orange Island League, he used Charizard to battle against Dragonite, and it beat it. Now, in this episode, he used it against another Dragonite, and it won. In a couple of episodes when Ash battles Clair, he uses Charizard yet again when he battles Clair's Dragonair, and it wins. Wierd, huh?

*End Spoiler Alert*

Pewter City Geodude
8th May 2003, 11:01 PM
Yeah that episode was incredible. Anyone notice just how strong that Dragonite was? Even after getting triple-teamed by Dragonair, Charizard, and Pikachu, it was still ready for more, and would've continued if it hadn't recovered from its confusion then.

Nikku-San
9th May 2003, 03:36 AM
Forget 'fight fire with fire', fight dragons with a fire breathing dragon!

Might I add that's wierd that Hanada Tattsu (which translates to Cerulean Horsea) and Pewter City Geodude posted one after the other. What is this a gym Pokemon party? :P

*thinks of changing his name to Sootopolis Marshtomp but then remembers Wallace doesn't have a Marshtomp - and he's gay.*

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 07:25 PM
Forget 'fight fire with fire', fight dragons with a fire breathing dragon!

Might I add that's wierd that Hanada Tattsu (which translates to Cerulean Horsea) and Pewter City Geodude posted one after the other. What is this a gym Pokemon party? :P

*thinks of changing his name to Sootopolis Marshtomp but then remembers Wallace doesn't have a Marshtomp - and he's gay.*

LOL, I know!

I wouldn't change my name to Sootopolis Marshtomp, Wallace is not a nice guy to get named after, he's crooked. :/

How about Slateport Marshtomp, or Dewford Marshtomp, or how about Tropical Mudkip? LOL

Pewter City Geodude
9th May 2003, 07:28 PM
Or Lavaridge Torkoal...but that just doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
Or Lavaridge Torkoal...but that just doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

LOL, how about Muro Mizugorou? It's Japanese for Dewford Mudkip, it has a ring to it.

Pewter City Geodude
9th May 2003, 11:10 PM
Well that wouldn't keep with the pattern of Gym Leaders' Pokemon. :P

Nikku-San
10th May 2003, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't change my name to Sootopolis Marshtomp, Wallace is not a nice guy to get named after, he's crooked. :/

Crooked as in not straight or as in evil? Just curious, lol.

How bout EverGrande Marshtomp? Because he and I shall soon be champion of the Elite 4... Even though I should have been ages ago, I really suck with this version of the game... ^^;;

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:29 AM
Crooked as in not straight or as in evil? Just curious, lol.

How bout EverGrande Marshtomp? Because he and I shall soon be champion of the Elite 4... Even though I should have been ages ago, I really suck with this version of the game... ^^;;

Both, really, LOL.

How about EverGrande Marshtomp? That's a pretty good name, but if you want it, we can think up of other names...

Snakes N' Legends
10th May 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by PAK Man

Japanese: Battle Park! vs. Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise!
English: One Trick Phony

Japanese: Politoed and Cheerleading!
English: I Politoed You So!

I think One Tricky Phony is a pun of a One Trick Pony *SPOILER* (for those who don't know about this episode) and since Team Rocket is deceiving Ash and Co as disguised Battle Park Trainers or Battle Park Elites, it makes sense that is called One Trick Phony because The Battle Park Elites or whatever (Jessie, James and Meowth) are Phonies.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Snakes N' Legends
I think One Tricky Phony is a pun of a One Trick Pony *SPOILER* (for those who don't know about this episode) and since Team Rocket is deceiving Ash and Co as disguised Battle Park Trainers or Battle Park Elites, it makes sense that is called One Trick Phony because The Battle Park Elites or whatever (Jessie, James and Meowth) are Phonies.

Oh, so that's what it's based off of.

Geez, if teens can't understand it what makes 4Kids think that the kids that the show is targeted at will.

Pewter City Geodude
12th May 2003, 06:39 PM
YTV aired "Better Eight Than Never" today. Appropriate, considering it took so long to get to this episode. And what an awesome episode it was!! The battle between Ash and Clair was great, Ash really used a lot of strategy in that one. I loved getting the chance to see Snorlax again (since I never saw the Orange Islands episodes where he used it) and, of course, Charizard. I liked how Ash used Snorlax's ability to absorb attacks as endurance to wear Kingdra out, and especially when he had Charizard use Flamethrower repeatedly to evaporate the water in the pool. And that combined Flamethrower and Seismic Toss (with Dragonair's Dragon Rage) was incredible. Team Rocket tried again to steal the Dragon Fang but never got anywhere close. They only had a very minor part in the episode, almost seemed like they were thrown in just for the sake of making an appearance. They didn't ruin anything though.

10/10

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:02 PM
I'm not Canadian, but I wanna review too!

Better Eight Than Never

This is it, the last Johto gym battle. It's the best one yet. Kingdra looks cool, and seeing Ash use Snorlax was cool, it's gotten stronger. Gyarados was kinda weak, and I can't believe Ash used Pikachu against it. Dragonair was strong, and Charizard is practically unbeatable. Team Rocket were just there.

My Rating: 9/10

Pewter City Geodude
12th May 2003, 07:04 PM
BTW: Just gotta post this quote from today's episode:

(TR was digging a tunnel, hoping to come up near the Dragon Fang.)
Jessie: We're getting so close to the Dragon Fang I can almost smell it!
Meowth: Heh heh...that was me.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:10 PM
BTW: Just gotta post this quote from today's episode:

(TR was digging a tunnel, hoping to come up near the Dragon Fang.)
Jessie: We're getting so close to the Dragon Fang I can almost smell it!
Meowth: Heh heh...that was me.

LOL, I don't remember that being in the Japanese version, but even if it wasn't, it's hilarious!

Pewter City Geodude
12th May 2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah it's rare to see that kind of joke in a Pokemon episode. :D

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah it's rare to see that kind of joke in a Pokemon episode. :D

Yeah, 4Kids are usually sensitive about these kinds of things, LOL.

pokefreak04
12th May 2003, 10:19 PM
Meowth really says that? LOL!!!!! That sounds like something I would say!!!!!

Team Rocket's Lugia
13th May 2003, 06:15 PM
Today's episode is Why? Wynaut! it's a play on Why, Whynot.

This is the Wynaut episode, and he stole the badges TR stole from Ash.

(For anyone who saw the episode, Ash said he got a Glacier Badge at the Violet Gym)

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:19 PM
Why, Wynaut!

Even though the title is stupid, the episode is great. 4Kids' dumb mistakes doesn't help, but at least the rest was good. Wynaut was so cute, and I wish we see it again. Wobuffet was killer, as was Team Rocket. Clair is really a drawn out gym leader, and Bayleef and Noctowl looking for the badges was cool.

My Rating: 10/10

Pewter City Geodude
13th May 2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah I thought it was a great episode too. Wobbuffet's encounters with Wynaut were funny. I liked how Clair hung around and helped the trio look for the badges, that was nice of her. And yeah, I liked how Noctowl and Bayleef worked together, and how they had those little "conversations" as they were looking for the badges. It was different than what we're used to, and nice to see two Pokemon working together in a different way, and getting lots of screen time in the episode. This episode proved Bayleef to be very strong, as it was able to throw Ash up to Team Rocket's balloon "one-vined". He would've gotten there too, if TR hadn't turned on the gas. I also liked how Wynaut jumped in front of Bayleef and Wooper to use Counter, surprising TR.

10/10

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:45 PM
I hope we see Wynaut again, Wobuffet and Wynaut kinda made a good team.

Animelee
14th May 2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, 4Kids are usually sensitive about these kinds of things, LOL.

LOL, you should see Ultimate Muscle!

I'm glad they're not making any innuendo jokes like other shows like Spongebob...and even ARTHUR! Pokemon is just too clean to me, and I prefer it to stay that way!

Fart jokes are a-okay with me, though!

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Muscle got dubbed?

Is it filtered, or is it normal. Cause that was a pretty good anime and I would hope not to see it get butchered.

pikasaiyan
15th May 2003, 03:59 PM
What episode is ultimate muscle??

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by pikasaiyan
What episode is ultimate muscle??

Ultimate Muscle is not a Pokemon episode, it's a seperate anime that is nothing like this show.

Brock_ag
15th May 2003, 04:39 PM
I didn't get a chance to see the title for yesterday, but incase anyone didn't know today's episode was:
''Lapras of Luxury''

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:43 PM
Lapras of Luxury

I loved this episode! Seeing Ash's old Lapras again was fun, I loved seeing it again! Team Rocket were okay, and Ash getting the egg was climactic as well. A cute episode, I wished Lapras would end up staying with Ash, but oh well.

My Rating: 8/10

PAK Man
15th May 2003, 05:55 PM
What about the episode before Lapras of Luxury? Wasn't there an episode where Ash and the others encountered a gym where the leader knew Misty's sisters?

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 06:47 PM
Yeah, there was. I had a full review of it typed up, only to have accidentally deleted it by highlighting and pressing Ctrl-V instead of Ctrl-C. :mad: One cool thing about the episode was that it was the first time we saw Psyduck (successfully) use Psychic, and Totodile use Slash. Let's just say I gave that episode an 8 out of 10.

Today's episode: "Lapras of Luxury"

First, why the change in title? What was wrong with the Japanese title, "The Song of Lapras!"? Anyway, great episode. Can't complain about seeing Lapras again. One stupid dub mistake though was that Ash at one point told Lapras to use "Cold Beam". :rolleyes: Anyways, nice to see Prof. Elm again (even if it was just on the video phone), and Ash got the egg. Team Rocket's motto in this episode was hilarious too:

Jessie: Our research warns: Prepare for trouble!
James: Our data's conclusive, so make it double!
Jessie: To protect the world from devastation!
James: To unite all peoples within our nation!
(background switches to various shots of J&J in swimsuits, windsurfing, etc.)
Jessie: To denounce the evils of a string bikini...
James: ...and extend our reach a teeny weeny!
Jessie: Jessie!
James: James!
Jessie: Team Rocket surfs the wind at the speed of light!
James: Surrender now and shoot the curl or prepare to fight!
Meowth: Meowth, dat's right!

During the episode, Brock did his usual flirting thing with the marine lab director (forgot her dub name), but at the end, when they were saying their goodbyes...

Brock: K, see ya later!
marine lab director: That's a deal, Brock! Take good care of that egg!

Maybe she didn't mind him too much after all....

This episode would have gotten a higher score, but the dub mistake and the unnecessarily changed title brought it down a bit.

8/10

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 07:15 PM
What? They showed new episodes in the middle of the week? They didn't even tell anybody, did they?

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 07:16 PM
:sweatdrop: There've been new episodes all this week...

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 07:17 PM
AHHH!!! *runs to wall and bangs head on it*

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 07:19 PM
Just do what I do, check every day. :P

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 07:23 PM
I couldn't! My roomate was studying all week long and she wouldn't let me watch TV! *is still banging head on the wall*

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 07:24 PM
Wait...you *are* in Canada right? This *is* the YTV thread...

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 07:27 PM
Oh man, do I feel stupid. You're getting new episodes through the week and the U.S. isn't? I'm going to go now.

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 07:34 PM
Yep, if you'd actually read earlier in the topic.... :P Canada has been ahead of the States for some time now.

Anyways, no comment on those episode quotes and summaries?

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 07:39 PM
Well, I am looking forward to Lapras of Luxury. Ash's Lapras was one of my favorite Pokemon in the anime!

E-Leigh-T
15th May 2003, 08:37 PM
I think the other ep title for the one before the lapras episode was called
"Just Add Water"

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 08:41 PM
Yep, that it was. 8)

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 08:46 AM
Yeah, the Pokemon moves in Just Add Water were great. Totodile learns Slash, something that it should have learned a while ago. Psyduck learns Psychic, which is miraculous for it to use.

Pewter City Geodude
16th May 2003, 02:09 PM
Another interesting thing I just remembered from "Why? Wynaut!"... That episode proved again that Grass types have total control over their vines. Remember Bayleef taking the box with the badges that Wynaut couldn't get open, then using her vines to carefully open it? I thought that was pretty cool. Bulbasaur has done similar things before too. Grass types aren't limited to just slinging their vines out as an attack or to catch something, they can pretty much use them as little arms. :)

Nikku-San
16th May 2003, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the titles everybody! Now my site's episode is one of the most up-to-date out there. ^^

Speaking of which... GO TO IT! ^^;;

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah, grass Pokemon don't just use their vines with no control. As Geodude said, they use them as arms, they can control them to their arsenal.

E-Leigh-T
19th May 2003, 01:45 AM
So is ytv back to repeats or what?

Pewter City Geodude
19th May 2003, 12:52 PM
Not sure. If you don't see any reviews on here when this evening's episode airs, you have your answer.

Team Rocket's Lugia
19th May 2003, 12:56 PM
Today is Sponge Odd Square Parent Day, so no Pokemon. :mad:

Pewter City Geodude
19th May 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Lugia of LI
Today is Sponge Odd Square Parent Day, so no Pokemon. :mad:

*checks guide on TV* Yeah you're right. Darn. :mad:

Hanada Tattsu
19th May 2003, 06:48 PM
YTV shouldn't be back to repeats until later, they haven't finished the season yet.

Pewter City Geodude
20th May 2003, 11:26 PM
Today's YTV episode: "Hatch Me if You Can"

Another pointless gag on the title, possibly inspired by the recent movie "Catch Me if You Can" (just the title itself, not the movie). Anyway, we got to see the egg hatch, and our first look at Larvitar in the anime. Throughout the episode, though, it really bugged me how they pronounced Larvitar's name. The announcer said it right at the end, but the characters didn't! I mean, c'mon, it's "Larv-i-tar," not "Larv-ae-tar." That aside, it was a decent episode overall. The sequence when the Profs. and Delia were talking about scary monsters and seeing Ash again was funny, as was the face Delia made. It's the first time we've seen Ash deal with a newborn Pokemon with problems (as opposed to Phanpy, who had a normal birth). The shared dream sequence was kinda weird, but nothing we haven't read in fanfics before. Although some of the dialogue was kinda corny, like the "this is called a field" and "that's the sky, it stretches on forever" stuff, I liked the sequences with Ash trying to get Larvitar comfortable with the world around it. Team Rocket's latest machine was weird in a funny way. And for only the second ever time, we got to see Hidden Power used in the anime. (Larvitar's Hidden Power was apparently Psychic.) Overall, not nearly as good as some of the more recent episodes, but not too bad. An episode with a newly hatched Pokemon deserves at least a bit better treatment.

5/10

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 09:22 AM
Hatch Me If You Can

Aside from a freaky title, it was a good episode. Larvitar was adorable, I wish it battles more often. And Geodude is right, the actors and actresses in the Japanese version pronounce it correctly, Yogirasu, why can't the dubbers do the same? Seeing, Delia, Professor Oak, and Professor Elm again was fun, and it was a good episode.

Pewter City Geodude
21st May 2003, 06:48 PM
OK, today's episode: "Entei At Your Own Risk"

Another pointless joke, but more tolerable than some of the recent titles. Ironic how at the beginning Ash was treating Larvitar like Misty treats Togepi, and Misty was saying he should train it to be a strong Pokemon, not baby it like that. She needs to take her own advice. :-p I thought it was kind of odd how the Fire-types Houndour and Houndoom were willingly relaxing in the hot springs, but being a Rock-type Larvitar didn't want to, and Brock didn't put his Rock types in there. I guess it was easier for the Fire types to take though, because the water was hot, so it wouldn't have done damage to them or anything, while it still probably would have hurt the Rock types. And it's already been shown that some Fire types are OK underwater (like Ash's Cyndaquil from the Pryce battle).
Anyway, it was cool that Geodude finally did something useful again, even if it was just to push Larvitar onto the hot sand, which Larvitar ended up liking. I liked how Ash used his Pokemon to escape from TR's van and how he remembered the trick about using Flamethrower and Water Gun repeatedly on metal to weaken it, then breaking through with Razor Leaf (he's had his Pokemon do it before). I liked the Spider-Man-style Vine Whip Bayleef used to get them out too. This was also the first appearance of Misdreavus in the anime. I thought it was cool. It had a cute dub voice, and Nelson was pretty determined to use it to catch Entei. Funny how Ash didn't remember about Mean Look from his battle with Morty, but oh well, it didn't make that much of a difference.
Of course, it was the first appearance of Entei in the anime as well, aside from the 3rd movie. The episode also correctly explained the use of Mean Look and, later, how Roar can cancel its effects. Also when they told all their Pokemon to attack the cyclone created by TR's machine, Brock didn't directly order it, but it certainly looked like Onix was using Sandstorm, so that was a first. Also, Pineco noticing Brock's determination to get it back and evolving to clog up the machine was cool.
Very cool episode, with one Pokemon evolving, another (fairly) rare Pokemon making its first appearance, one of the trio's Pokemon using a new attack for the first time, and a Legendary Pokemon appearing in its first episode. Other than the few minor mistakes mentioned above, I can't complain about this one too much.

8.5/10

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 07:36 PM
Entei At Your Own Risk

I loved this episode. Seeing the group's Pokemon, plus Brock's Pokemon was cool. Larvitar is indeed being babied by Ash, and as Geodude said, Misty should take her own advice for Togepi. Geodude and Onix actually doing something is a rare thing to see in Johto. Entei was cool, it getting its own episode was cool, and seeing Misdreavus was nice too! Pineco evolving into Forretress is a great evolution, I'm glad he uses Forretress quite a lot.

Team Rocket's Lugia
22nd May 2003, 05:39 PM
Today's episode: A crowning archivement. Disscus.

P.S. Shoudn't this be in spoilers?

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah, the US, the UK, and Australia haven't seen this yet, so I'll move it to Spoilers.

A Crowning Achievement

A great episode! Finally, a Slowpoke evolving not into a Slowbro, but into Slowking! Slowking was funny, but I didn't like its voice. Does every Pokemon who evolves with the King's Rock have to have a bad voice!?

Osiris
22nd May 2003, 08:30 PM
Two More New English Titles:

Casey and Elekid >>> HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU, ELEKID

Try your Best Larvitar! >>> YOU'RE A STAR, LARVITAR!

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks, Osiris!

I don't get it. I thought the season ended at Casey and Elekid, but now they also announced the title for Try Your Best, Larvitar!?

I guess they're most likely gonna stop somewhere else, since they did ban The Ice Cave.

Blue Hiker
23rd May 2003, 01:44 AM
Hanada Tattsu: Seasons are always 52 episodes. Therefore, since one episode was dropped, the season will be ending one episode later than expected. "You're A Star, Larvitar!" is the last episode of the season.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd May 2003, 02:55 AM
A Crowning Achievement

Not a bad title. I thought the episode started off funny, what with Brock's funny faces and failed attempt to cheer up Larvitar. But now even the announcer mispronounced Larvitar's name! Is this an epidemic or what? Anyway... I thought the idea of the legend being told through hieroglyphics instead of purely word of mouth was cool. Nice to meet another Professor in the anime too, although he seemed to be an archaeologist like Prof. Hale instead of a Pokemon Prof. like Oak. I forgot his and his daughters' names, but I found it interesting that her Slowpoke had a human nickname--Arthur. That doesn't happen often in the anime, at least from what I can remember, where Pokemon are given human nicknames. I liked the whole test of strength and ability thing for the Slowpoke to try and reach the King's Rock before getting bitten by a Shellder. I liked how Forretress used Rapid Spin to trip up Team Rocket, and their smokescreen machine was funny when it backfired. It was cool when Arthur evolved into Slowking; I thought it sounded kinda like the Slowking from the second movie.

For a filler, this was a very solid episode.

8/10

Team Rocket's Lugia
23rd May 2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks, Osiris!

I don't get it. I thought the season ended at Casey and Elekid, but now they also announced the title for Try Your Best, Larvitar!?

I guess they're most likely gonna stop somewhere else, since they did ban The Ice Cave.

I don't think they'll do that, because I keep on seeing messages that say POKEMON: SEASON FINALE FRIDAY! So Maybe YTV is going on to the next season!

Pewter City Geodude
23rd May 2003, 06:51 PM
"Here's Lookin' At You, Elekid!" (another pointless title)

Great episode. I like just about all the recurring characters, and seeing Casey again was cool, she's just as perky as ever. At first I thought Meganium's dub voice was a bit odd, but I realized it seemed to be kind of a natural progression of her Bayleef's voice. It's funny how she was teasing Ash because his Bayleef hadn't evolved yet. Elekid seemed mean at first when it stole Larvitar's apple, but I liked how they ended up being friends. A little dub mistake too, Ash's Pokedex said Elekid is the evolved form of Electabuzz. :rolleyes: I knew about Victreebel leaving already, but the whole sequence where it happened was funny. And it showed that TR really does care for their Pokemon. Speaking of which, seeing James so broken up over losing Victreebel despite all the munchings was funny. Seeing Meganium battle was cool, and its Solarbeam looked really powerful. Seeing Phanpy battle again was cool, it was doing great until it got hit with that supereffective Vine Whip. :(
Casey's song at the end proved she's still a nutcase, which in my mind, makes her a cool character. :P
And BTW that's two episodes in a row now where Brock used Forretress to battle...good sign. :)

Aside from that little dub mistake, I have no complaints about this episode.

9.5/10

edit: Forgot to mention, this is a rare occurrence of an episode actually teaching me something about Pokemon...I didn't know Elekid generates its Electric attacks by spinning its arms.

Just remembered something else about the episode today. Casey said she had four badges. That's pretty good, considering that the only Pokemon she has that we know of are Meganium, Rattata (probably Raticate by now), Beedrill, and now Elekid. She probably has more by this time though.

Chris 2.1
24th May 2003, 04:39 PM
Hey everyone: this post is more of a discussion of 'Here's Looking at you, Elekid', is that alright? We've at 'Whever the wind blows' tomorrow, so you can imagine why i dont post here. (and i dont have YTV in the Uk...duh....)

well, the title: Isn't it a play on 'here's lookin at you, kid'? It sounds like a really excellent episode: Casey is a firm fave caracter! Bayleef rox, and Elekid just tops off her great role! I presume that, since she has four badges, she went:

Violet --> Ecrutreak (Sudowoodo isnt there in the anime)--> Mahogany --> Blackthorn?

Either way, seeing her team I'm surprised she could beat Claire, seeing as Snorlax, Charizard and Pika had trouble. Oh well, Meganium IS strong, and we don't know her full team...

Pewter City Geodude: I reckon Rattata and Pidgey's catches mighta been to show her as more of a rookie. Firstly, cos Ash saw them both at the start of his adventure, 2nd because they're weak and common Pokemon, and 3rd, well, cos Raticate aint her! Although Pidgeot wud be cool for her...

I can remember those wild rumours about her getting Victreebel...*sigh*

Pewter City Geodude
24th May 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
Pewter City Geodude: I reckon Rattata and Pidgey's catches mighta been to show her as more of a rookie. Firstly, cos Ash saw them both at the start of his adventure, 2nd because they're weak and common Pokemon, and 3rd, well, cos Raticate aint her!

Yeah that's what I was saying. Maybe she'll show up in AG with a full stable of tough Pokemon...including an Electabuzz. :D Maybe she'll get (or has already) a Ninetales or Kadabra/Alakazam, they're both yellow, although they're not striped. Heck, Pikachu is yellow and has two stripes on its back...but they already have Richie with a Pikachu, so I doubt they'll have Casey get one too.

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 09:09 PM
Here's Lookin' At You, Elekid

This was a great episode! Seeing Casey again was cool, she's perky as usual. Meganium was really cool, it rules! Elekid and Larvitar's short lived friendship was cool too, and Elekid rules like Meganium. James sending Victrebell away was sad, but the circumstances were unique.

Pewter City Geodude
24th May 2003, 09:21 PM
[B]Seeing Casey again was cool, she's perky as usual.

That's almost exactly how I described her. :P

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 11:03 PM
That's almost exactly how I described her. :P

LOL, yeah, that was the word that popped up in my head too, LOL. Does she seem quirky?

Pewter City Geodude
24th May 2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah, perky and quirky. :P Like I said, in my mind that makes her a cool character. The best characters are the ones with distinct personality traits and weird idiosyncracies like hers.

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:15 AM
Yeah, perky and quirky. :P Like I said, in my mind that makes her a cool character. The best characters are the ones with distinct personality traits and weird idiosyncracies like hers.

LOL, I hope we see Casey in Hoenn, she can catch a quirky and perky Pokemon, LOL.

Pewter City Geodude
26th May 2003, 06:43 PM
"You're a Star, Larvitar!"

What a great episode! The title was ok, since this really was Larvitar's episode to shine, which I'll get to in a minute. That Magby was cool with its Dynamicpunch and Double Team, and I liked how Satchel explained his reasons for wanting it to evolve. Looks like he gave Ash a bit of food for thought, which is a good thing. Too bad Ash didn't think to have Cyndaquil use Swift against that Double Team, but maybe Swift doesn't work that way in the anime, so that was ok.
The episode was also the first appearance of Quilava in the anime. I liked how its trainer was training it by having it use Flamethrower to knock down those frisbees.
TR's plan seemed standard at first (suck up all the Pokemon then cart them away) but they were actually smart this time and transferred them to a truck instead of their balloon. And they actually managed to tie up Ash! I liked how Larvitar used Bite on the truck's tire, and Dig to get into the cabin and reach Ash. Ash just had Larvitar with him so I love how he had to use sneaky tactics, stay in hiding, etc. so he and Larvitar could save the Pokemon. And Larvitar used Dig again to get to the truck, and Bite again on its tire a few minutes later. Then everyone else got there and the battle began. Ash's little argument with TR was funny, as was that "big head" effect that's usually reserved for Misty. :P I really didn't expect Jessie to whirl Arbok around and toss it like that, I guess she was getting desperate. And when Magby evolved, Jessie told Arbok to use Take Down on it, there's a first. And I liked the scene at the end:
Ash: "My Pokemon may not have evolved yet but they've got power and heart. Now it's up to me to make sure that gets used in all the right ways."
Brock: "You'll be just fine."
Misty: "And we'll be there with you."

An excellent episode with character development for Ash and Larvitar.

10/10

Nikku-San
27th May 2003, 05:37 PM
Wait... have they passed the Elekid episode? Probably only by one because they skipped Ice Cave.

Pewter City Geodude
27th May 2003, 05:38 PM
If you actually bother to read a few posts back, we've put up reviews of the Elekid episode. :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:13 PM
You're A Star, Larvitar!

This was a great episode! Ash and Larvitar do make a great team, and I'm glad the episode was mainly about them. Magby evolving into Magmar was cool, we haven't seen a Magmar for a while. Dynamic Punch looks cool, and Team Rocket was killer. Quilava was cool, we'll see another one soon...