PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Breeders Needed!

Ultimate Charizard
28th December 2013, 03:18 PM
Because i SUCK at the the whole movebreeding thing id like some help with alot of the combos id need.

I get that only males can pass on Moves etc but im after the fastest way to get.... (and ill add more of these as i go)

Ice Punch and Dragon Dance on a Totodile?

I know what i can breed individually for both moves, i just dont know how to get both on there.

Ultimate Charizard
28th December 2013, 03:38 PM
Ah, didnt know Abomasnow could learn DD. Thanks :)

Ultimate Charizard
28th December 2013, 03:39 PM
And as per usual i dont have the right genders.... *sigh*

Ah well, this looks like a long effort on this one.

classy_cat18
28th December 2013, 03:41 PM
But he can't learn Dragon Dance! The problem is that since Ice Punch is not available via Move Tutor, you're limited to those who can learn it via level up, most of them are of the Humanshape egg group. Sorry for the misinformation.

Ultimate Charizard
28th December 2013, 04:19 PM
Ill go with Ice Punch and Swords Dance. I think the IP/DD Combo isnt legal without a Move Tutor. Only a Pokebanked Dragonite is capable of passing on Both moves to Totodile by the look of it.

Ultimate Charizard
28th December 2013, 04:44 PM
In other news ive been dumb enough to accidentally give away my Everstone via Wonder Trade.

Loupeitak
30th December 2013, 05:26 AM
If it helps, this gen moves can be passed down by females as well. This is how azumarill can have both belly drum and aqua jet.

Since no pokemon besides totodile learns both DD and IP through breeding, you probably need to pass down one of the moves to each parent. After that simply breed them and the resulting totodile should have both.

For future reference males can also pass down hidden abilities this gen if bred with a ditto.

As for an everstone, geodudes and gravelers have a 5% chance of holding one. I personally use a Noivern with frisk and Thief for heart scales, I suppose it will do for everstones as well.

Hope to have helped!

classy_cat18
30th December 2013, 01:56 PM
The fact still stands that IP can only be learned through a handful of Pokemon this gen. The question is how long a chain will it take.

EDIT: Ice Punch is doable, thanks to research on Serebii. Medicham/Hitmonchan > Buneary/Lopunny > Delibird > Totodile

Loupeitak
30th December 2013, 11:33 PM
Why not just Abomasnow -> Totodile? Abomasnow learns Ice Punch naturally. You just need to Heart Scale it.

classy_cat18
31st December 2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah...I guess I was still thinking of the IP/DD combo.

Loupeitak
31st December 2013, 10:35 AM
With the new breeding mechanics allowing both the male and female to breed moves down, you just need to breed dragon dance on to one Totodile and ice punch to another of a different gender. Then breed those two and get a Totodile with both DD and IP :)

Ultimate Charizard
31st December 2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah ive already got Ice Punch Toto. Ill have to sort out a Dragon Dancer then see if i can get it to work.

Ive managed to sort out a Mega Launcher Squirtle (Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse) With Dark and Water Pulse both being TM's though im thinking i may run Surf over Water Pulse so i dont have to Mega Evolve in EVERY FIGHT to make it strong enough.

It does mean ive also got a similarly prepared Clauncher.