PDA

View Full Version : Nendooru!? Unown!? Related somehow...?

Trip
15th December 2002, 07:16 AM
Check a pic of Nendooru. Do you see the Unowns on its body (or do I need to get my eyes checked)? I wonder if that means that it is related somehow. What do you think?

- Mark Ericson

Azura Stardust
15th December 2002, 07:54 AM
For all you know, perhaps they are!! :o Though maybe it's just patterns... heh, looks really similar. It's only the patterns on the body though, not all the eyes really look like unown.

RyuukoAremi
15th December 2002, 01:28 PM
Ririira (the odd rock/grass fossil) has them too. More than likely they are just for decorative purposes and have no meaning.

Aureon
15th December 2002, 02:47 PM
I doubt it...there are only 2 markings on Nendooru and they are symmetrical to each other plus they are white...

I'm usually optimitic about these things...I thought Togetic evolved into Latios and Latias right up until Psychic/Dragon ;)

Chris 2.1
15th December 2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Aureon

I'm usually optimitic about these things...I thought Togetic evolved into Latios and Latias right up until Psychic/Dragon ;)

i was rather impressed buy the way you stuck to your theory, and i have to admit it was rather understandable. Anyway, i think the Unown patterns are not there for a connection; simply artists using patterns resembling Unown for the pattern.

The Rusted One
15th December 2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
i was rather impressed buy the way you stuck to your theory, and i have to admit it was rather understandable. Anyway, i think the Unown patterns are not there for a connection; simply artists using patterns resembling Unown for the pattern.

To tell you the truth, I was also pretty impressed that you were so sure of it that you didn't listen to anything I said about it not being so in those half-page posts I was writing, lol. However, i still can't really see how people could be so sure...

I hadn't really taken any notice of those patterns...but no, I don't think there is a connection - all the patterns are are circles and lines, really.

Cloned Hybrid
16th December 2002, 04:52 AM
Great observation but I think this is just a coincidence.

Aureon
16th December 2002, 08:59 AM
The Rusted One, I was listening, I just wasn't really convinced...now that Latios and Latias are unrelated to Togetic, I think that they weren't very original. I guess Togetic has that same mysteriousness as Abusoru...only it STILL hasn't been shown in the anime at all...

The Rusted One
16th December 2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Aureon
The Rusted One, I was listening, I just wasn't really convinced...now that Latios and Latias are unrelated to Togetic, I think that they weren't very original. I guess Togetic has that same mysteriousness as Abusoru...only it STILL hasn't been shown in the anime at all...

Well yeah, that's what I meant. I don't really think that Togetic does have much of a mysterious quality; I mean, we haven't seen it in the anime, so really the only thing we've got is the game - and the game isn't really something to base observations about how mysterious a pokemon is...

To tell you the truth, I also haven't seen Flaaffy or Ampharos in the anime yet, either, so that isn't really much to go by, I think.