PDA

View Full Version : [X/Y] Shiny watch 2014!

Lady Vulpix
3rd January 2014, 08:13 AM
The purpose of this topic is to follow the steps of its predecessor, "Shiny watch 2013".

I will begin by saying that... I got my first random shiny on New Year's Day! (I mean my first shiny found by chance rather than being always there like the Red Gyarados and the Green Dratini).

It's a male Hoothoot and I found him on a Friend Safari... from the same guy who appeared out of nowhere and challenged me to a battle last month.

It was funny, because I'd just got a text message from a good friend with good wishes for the new year, including electricity, Internet connection and shiny Pokemon.

CaptainJigglypuff
3rd January 2014, 01:42 PM
I found a Diggersby in a Friend Safari. Named her Shimmer!

Loupeitak
4th January 2014, 01:26 AM
Still no shiny for me. I got a Japanese 4 IV Ghastly from Wonder Trade, been trying to masuda myself a shiny gengar for a while. No shiny yet, but I've gotten a perfect 6 IV Timid Ghastly. Not that max attack Gengar is viable anyway :P

Lady Vulpix
4th January 2014, 04:56 PM
Breeding for shinies may take ages.

Oddly enough, fishing for them seems to be far easier. I caught a shiny Alomomola at Azure Bay after throwing the line 27 times in a row.

Magmar
5th January 2014, 08:28 AM
I got Wonder Traded a Shiny Pinsir from Japan!! I could not believe this considering I sent a Magnemite with weaker stats through the trading system... I usually send them off hoping some lucky kid who just started the game will trade away a Pidgey and get something effective early-on lol.

Loupeitak
8th January 2014, 05:25 AM
If this was on a wednesday, I believe some people were doing a shiny giveaway on wonder trade. You may have gotten an awesome IVed one as well. Mega Pinsir is an absolute monster, by the way ;).

ChobiChibi
7th February 2014, 07:02 AM
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/39CA7249-9CB4-42E4-A601-719801D2704F_zpsletwskaq.jpg (http://s437.photobucket.com/user/chobichibi/media/39CA7249-9CB4-42E4-A601-719801D2704F_zpsletwskaq.jpg.html)

After four eggs of Masuda...

I'm one lucky girl XD

Drago
7th February 2014, 05:48 PM
After a long drought, I've gotten two so far this year! I caught a shiny Pancham while doing some lowbie training, and someone wonder traded me a shiny Rattata! I sent over an Eevee in the trade (albeit one with wish), so I felt bad and have been trying to trade him something nice back ever since.

Thank you, Optimus from BC, Canada! :canada:

Master Rudy
10th February 2014, 10:30 AM
Well after COUNTLESS years I've actually finally gotten my first shiny in X (no......Red Gyarados in GSC and HG/SS does NOT count in my book since everyone who plays those games gets it)

It was a level 30 Woobat that I got from Brandy's Friend Safari. Rash nature with apparently high potential in it's special attack and defense stats. I know jack shit about EV's and all that jazz but I'd imagine that the high potential in SA with it's nature has to be pretty damn good right?

Shadow Wolf
10th February 2014, 12:52 PM
Nice! Congrats on yoru shines people. :)

Its been a while, but I have caught a considerable amount of shinies. The last two were a shiny Raikou that I got from the GTS (Found out that a Lugia I got from a trade was probably hacked so I placed it back in the GTS and got a 10 aniv shiny Raikou in return) and a shiny Skarmory from FS. With Shiny Skarmory my first shiny team is complete. Now time to hunt for a shiny Metang to complete my second shiny team. :)

Jeff
10th February 2014, 11:41 PM
Well, my first shiny of 2014 is a Scatterbug!

Just today, I evolved my male Ralts up into a Gallade to use as my false swiper and started searching the Santalune Forest for Pansear and Panpour (I already have Pansage), and wouldn't you know, I happened to run into a shiny Scatterbug, with Gallade in my first slot to swipe away and make it all too easy to snag. That makes two shinies including my Magikarp who I chained for (who is now a Gyarados).

As I was typing this, I decided to head over to Santalune City to have a look at my new shiny and found a Panpour on my way out. Lucky day for me indeed. :D

Edit: And my second is a Furfrou. Seriously. Just caught it.

ChobiChibi
11th February 2014, 03:25 AM
Well after COUNTLESS years I've actually finally gotten my first shiny in X (no......Red Gyarados in GSC and HG/SS does NOT count in my book since everyone who plays those games gets it)

It was a level 30 Woobat that I got from Brandy's Friend Safari. Rash nature with apparently high potential in it's special attack and defense stats. I know jack shit about EV's and all that jazz but I'd imagine that the high potential in SA with it's nature has to be pretty damn good right?

Those are IV's (Individual Values) that the guy is talking about. If he says they're outstanding, it means they're perfect. So an IV has a value between 0 and 31, 0 being crap and 31 being perfect. So yeah, outstanding Sp Atk is probably good for your Woobat ^^

EV's are effort values that you earn through battling and super training, fyi.

Cferra
10th March 2014, 02:41 PM
Got a shiny Dedenne and bergmite in the space of a couple hours. Now that is luck!

Magmar
26th March 2014, 05:24 PM
I just got Wonder Traded a Level 100 Umbreon that's shiny. Yeah!
Perfect stats, IVs, nature, moveset o_o; not sure why it got traded off to me but, cool!

Cferra
2nd April 2014, 07:42 PM
Just got a shiny Quilladin on my way home from Maine. It's got the hidden ability. Problem is that its nature is serious.

Fett One
19th April 2014, 01:04 PM
I just caught a Shiny Wobberfett. Counting the Shiny Throh that I caught this makes the most shinies I have ever caught in a single game.

Cferra
6th November 2014, 02:36 PM
Talk about good luck. I was in the GTS in Pokemon X looking for an eevee. I see a shiny one and the person asks for a furret, a rather common pokemon. I trade and find that the eevee has great stats. Just got a new furret. So, I am wondering why the guy asked for such a common pokemon. Weird. Good thing it isn't hacked or anything.
Now I could evolve her. But, I think I'll keep it and see what eevee evolves into next gen or so.

Magmar
13th September 2015, 03:57 PM
Aw, no activity in almost a year?? Boo! :(

Anyways, just caught a shiny Sandshrew ;) her name is Abigayle. Figured I'd spell the name different, since she's different & such

Shadow Wolf
13th December 2015, 06:56 PM
Well, I do have a few with Chain Fishing, but a prominent one is a Shiny Mareep caught from a Horde. It is now an Ampharos. ☺

Lady Vulpix
14th December 2015, 05:18 AM
This is Shiny Watch 2014. Should we remove the year for the title or make a new one for every year?

Link
14th December 2015, 05:35 AM
A new one would great!! I now have a shiny medicham, claydol, gold lickilicky with an Oblivious nature, and Spinda.