PDA

View Full Version : The time has come for me to lip sync... for my MBA!

Magmar
21st February 2014, 06:39 AM
My thesis defence (master's level) is in five weeks. If any of y'all have done something similar (thesis/dissertation defence before a committee)... please transmit all advice and cheering-on utilizing the Reply button below. Thanks! :D :D :D

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st February 2014, 08:34 AM
Go MAGMAR

All fired up!

Telume
21st February 2014, 04:19 PM
Be awesome.

Oslo
22nd February 2014, 12:18 AM
Good luck, Barry! You've probably heard all the usual advice by now, but just remember that a thesis defence is a conversation and you happen to be the expert on the topic under discussion. Your committee is a bunch of people who read your work and are super interested and want to learn more about it. They're not there to trip you up or embarrass you. They generally don't let people defend if they think failure is a possibility, so just enjoy the chance to chat about something you've put a lot of work into. You will kick ass.

And the best part is your friends and/or committee members will take you out for beer afterward. :yes: Easily the best part of my thesis defence.

Perfect Chaos
22nd February 2014, 12:47 PM
http://www.favething.com/uploads/images/main-fave-images/do_epic_shit-1.jpg

RedStarWarrior
23rd February 2014, 03:16 AM
I assisted my father with his dissertation. Don't be afraid to ask others (qualified) for their opinions on what you have done.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd February 2014, 09:47 AM
Perfect Chaos, would you please fix that picture. I don't see it.

Blademaster
24th February 2014, 03:57 AM
^What they said.