PDA

View Full Version : Thread necromancy: Who do you miss from TPM?

Drago
28th February 2014, 07:56 PM
And here's another thread I made in 2007. I won't link to it, because I'm basically recycling the original post like a Garbodor of some sort.

So my question is, who do you miss from TPM's past? People who don't seem to be around anymore, and don't show any sign of coming back? We've had a lot of great members over the years who have since taken their leave, and I thought I might ask y'all what you think...
I also realise that shazza asked this question back in 2004, but I figured it's worth asking once again.

First for me, as I've often mentioned, I quite miss SilverMachop. He was really cool and supportive, and I still think Tyler & Magmar is great, even though it hasn't been seen for quite some time.

I also miss Ginger Cat, 'cause for me she was a valuable part of a great time for the RPG forum. I always looked forward to seeing what she had to post.

And that reminds me, I miss Ruffie too! I had fun RPing with a lot of people, come to think of it.

And finally, Lawrence III_Fanatic. Now there's someone who really makes me feel nostalgic. She was also a whole lotta fun too, I'll always remember a reply she made to 'things that scared you as a kid' (roughly paraphrased)
oh, and my feet :heh:
i thought they were looking at me :heh:

PS. Six year later addition; I miss general activity at TPM.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th February 2014, 10:44 PM
Today I learned Lawrence III_Fanatic is a girl.

I miss everyone.

Perhaps I should add some names, Vundi posting in Videogames.

YAMI YUGI, Jay Umbreon, mr_pikachu, Silver_Ledian, Houndoom_Lover.

The Rusted One, Raz, all those heated debates.

Murgratroyd, AKA Pokemon Fan, even Hanada Tattsu who posted every second message in Pokemon Anime.

While posting this message, I keep feeling like I should remember more names and say what they did and how I felt about them. But we should also be happy that we still have each other.

Magmar
1st March 2014, 07:31 AM
I miss Roy Karrde and Dark Sage, and practicing the things I learned in business school by trying to mediate between them. Oh, they fought like cats and dogs (or donkeys and elephants), but they kept us interested in what was happening at TPM at least. We need a good fight to get things going. COME AT ME BRO-SEPHS. ;D

umm... at this point, I miss pretty much all of you. post more. facebook isn't THAT exciting.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st March 2014, 07:40 AM
Facebook ate pretty much everything 'weaker' in the internet, that's partly what my cartoon 'I WILL OBLITERATE NAAMARULLA' is all about.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/iwon03_zps3d5a2061.png

Link
1st March 2014, 08:10 AM
Pokeplayer will be missed. His teams were good and always gave solid advice on how to improve a team.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st March 2014, 10:06 AM
First for me, as I've often mentioned, I quite miss SilverMachop. He was really cool and supportive, and I still think Tyler & Magmar is great, even though it hasn't been seen for quite some time.

Hold on! What are you talking about here? Tyler? There's a gap in my TPM memory, prolly because of my first an longest mental hospital period from August 2004 to January 2006.

Pokemaster Ash
1st March 2014, 04:26 PM

Hold on! What are you talking about here? Tyler? There's a gap in my TPM memory, prolly because of my first an longest mental hospital period from August 2004 to January 2006.

Tyler & Magmar was a fanfic written by the aforementioned SilverMachop. That story was hilarious. I kinda wish he was still around too...

CaptainJigglypuff
1st March 2014, 05:19 PM
I noticed some old posts by someone named "pokemongeek" who appears to have been banned. Who was this guy?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd March 2014, 12:33 AM
Many of the old users have 'acquired' 'the banned status', that doesn't necessarily mean they did anything wrong. I have figured that out by reading the archives.

CaptainJigglypuff
2nd March 2014, 04:39 AM
Many of the old users have 'acquired' 'the banned status', that doesn't necessarily mean they did anything wrong. I have figured that out by reading the archives.

Okay but anyone know who pokemongeek was?

Magmar
2nd March 2014, 07:15 AM
Tyler & Magmar was a fanfic written by the aforementioned SilverMachop. That story was hilarious. I kinda wish he was still around too...

Sounds like a HOT fanfic. ;)

(oh what a bad pun)

Pokemaster Ash
2nd March 2014, 11:03 AM
....You know, that sort of humor wouldn't be out of place in that story. Part of the fun of the story was either just how ridiculous things that happened were, or the bad comedy. Actually, now that I think about it, SilverMachop did a Survivor parody based on that story too, though I don't know if he ever finished it...

Magmar
3rd March 2014, 05:59 AM
Found it! :)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/647911/1/The-Adventures-of-Tyler-and-Magmar

Cferra
3rd March 2014, 03:42 PM
*pulls out list*

Soo
Ade
Damian Silverblade
Silver Ledian
Nala98