PDA

View Full Version : So....either we're getting hover boards by the end of 2014.....

Master Rudy
4th March 2014, 08:13 PM
A4vE_vpkr90

.......or this is one hell of a viral marketing campaign for Back to the Future 4 or a BttF remake/reboot. Here's my own comments from You Tube regarding everyone freaking out over this:

It's obviously a viral marketing campaign of some sort. Look carefully at the shoulders of several of the people in the video and it becomes obvious that they are wearing harnesses and are being lifted. The special effect shot at approx. 2:42 also looks off.

My guess? This is potentially going to lead to either a BttF4 announcement or a remake of the original. December 2014 is one month before 2015. Either way I'm expecting something from Universal for the 30th anniversary of the original film.

Honestly I can't believe people seem to think this is real when anyone who has a decent eye for special effect shots can clearly pick out what's wrong with this video. Then again this is the age of people who have no clue that the movie Titanic was based on a real event or that the remake of The Wolfman from a few years ago was not a ripoff of werewolves from Twilight (yeah....that was apparently a thing)

Anyway as I said on You Tube the 30th anniversary is coming up. What do you guys think? BttF4 or a remake?

Honestly I'm thinking remake. While MJF has returned to acting I can't really see him taking up the role of Marty McFly in 2015 due to his condition. There's also the fact that they'd have to essentially retcon the entirety of the 2015 scenes from BttF2 if they did a BttF4 that started off in 2015. The 30th anniversary would be a perfect time to essentially do the plot of the original again while at the same time swapping out 1985>1955 for 2015>1985. My main concern however is Doc. As far as I'm concerned it's a role that can only be played by Christopher Lloyd and honestly any kind of remake has me worried about the role being recast.

In any case: DISCUSSION TIME! :D

Jeff
4th March 2014, 10:11 PM
I could see a sequel working. MJF could have a minor role, with a new character stepping into Marty's role. The difference between BTTF2 2015 and actual 2015 could be explained as the technology featured in BTTF2 was developed by Doc Brown, but with him going off to travel through time and space with his family, that changed and we got our 2015 instead. Yeah, technically that's also what happened at the end of the first movie with him leaving to go to 2015, but, well, wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Master Rudy
4th March 2014, 10:45 PM
....wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

VrAYDSbQ1OI

In all seriousness I could see a new character working as well as a throwaway line or two regarding the different tech levels between BttF2 and BttF4.
There is another problem however. If they go the sequel route then everyone will expect the DeLorean to show up. Bit of a problem with that.....

tu-cxDG2mW8

Frankly if a sequel is done then it also brings the canonicity of TTG's game from 2010 into question. That was originally written to be BttF4 in much the same fashion as the Ghostbusters game from 2009 essentially being GB3. The explanation in the game was that the lightning bolt at the end of part two split the DeLorean into two identical copies. Copy A went back in time to January 1st, 1885. That's the one that gets destroyed at the end of part three. Copy B goes FORWARD in time to January 1st, 2025 and is eventually found by Doc following the events of part three. While it could potentially work I myself always had a problem with this explanation in that it fails to take Doc HIMSELF into account. Does this mean we have a copy of Doc living his life in 2025? Also considering that in the game our Doc blatantly states that he had to foil another issue with Biff in 2025 it kinda leads to some slight unfortunate implications regarding any possible copy of Doc.

On the other hand if they do a remake then I highly doubt we'll see a DeLorean. That however then brings into question the following: what car would be iconic enough in the last ten years or so to possibly be the new time machine? Granted I doubt they'd use something big and well known such as a Mustang. However we could wind up with something such as the Hyundai Veloster:

http://www.compreautomovil.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/foto-hyundai-veloster-2012-diagonal.jpg

I think by the time this decade is over the Veloster could easily become an iconic design/car of the 2010's. Hell I myself want one down the line. On the other hand.......

http://mindpetals.com/wp-content/images/smart_car.jpg

......who the hell would want to see Doc and Marty in THAT?! :lol:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th March 2014, 06:01 AM
As much as I'd only like to spam that I want a T-Board (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/T-Board), I have to add I don't see Back to the Future Remake coming with the original cast. Why? All the actors are simply too old. But I'll have to keep this topic of yours in my mind, Master Rudy. Keep posting, I enjoy.

Jeff
5th March 2014, 12:40 PM
Well, that was short lived...

http://mashable.com/2014/03/04/huvr-videos/