PDA

View Full Version : MAMMA MIA!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th March 2014, 09:07 AM
Now where to start. This is actually an emergency, so sorry about the hasty synopsis. I will answer all your suggestions and questions later, if needed.

So I think it all started when my mother was born. She was born in a religious family, and throughout her life she has had many crisis like this. That's why I haven't lived at her place since 1997. But I'm really worried about this one. Once again, she has refused to take her medicine and here you are the results.

My mother's words haven't made any sense since January. I went and told her that my doctor didn't let me to go to an anime convention in Southern Finland. She went major crazy during my phone call, and since then, she has somehow learned to send long, senseless, scary text messages. In her imaginary world, about 2000 years ago a guy named Jesus Christ (I know Jesus the Nazarene IS a historical character, but read this) and his evil followers started a cult that has brought the planet into this madness. More than 50% of her messages contain references to the Bible. And she sees Jesus as a very dominant figure and the cursed guilty to her all personal problems. Sounds like Sephiroth no?

My mental caretakers, or nurses, if you want to call them so, are well informed of the situation and the authority in my mother's current hometown should take her to hospital soon, but as I write this, I'm under an assumption they haven't reached her yet. My mother is still at her place, last message I received she sent 1 hour ago. I have deleted all the previous messages, as my mental caretakers told me to do, but their traces remain in my brain.

I live under a constant fear that she hurts herself, someone around her, even me. As if that wasn't enough, she has often thrown expensive stuff away almost every time she has had a major psychosis. She blames her own sister of that, and says that that sister isn't even part of her family because she believes her mother slept with another man. Possessed by her 'stepsister' somewhere in early 00s, my mother threw away my Playstation X which I fortunately got back, but later she also threw away my Playstation 2 and I had to buy two new Playstation 2 to replace it. Now I'm very worried about material damage, too, because many of my drawings, my complete collection of Dragonball manga (Dragonball Z included), almost all of my Bleach albums and last but not least, my dear Super Nintendo Entertainment System are in my mother's place!

Your thoughts? What should I do?

Magmar
17th March 2014, 05:10 PM
Mikachu, I can REALLY relate to this. So hard. Hard enough that I'm still in therapy over it. All I can say is do not blame yourself, understand that she is very sick and that it's not your fault or her fault that she's doing this, and trust her doctors to do their very best with her. And it's okay to fall out of touch with her if it causes you too much pain. She has damaged you in some ways, but it's not entirely her fault--she is not in control of her thoughts and actions.

If you're worried about your things, go get them and bring them back with you. However, maybe you should leave the DBZ behind, since it is triggering for you... lock it up somewhere in the house where your mother won't find it if you have to, but you know better than anyone else here if you can handle DBZ again.

Hang in there!

Lady Vulpix
17th March 2014, 06:29 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't give you any useful advice that Barry hasn't given you, but please stay strong, and keep in mind that she's not herself at this time; if she says anything hurtful it's her sickness talking. I really hope the doctors can help her.

Telume
19th March 2014, 10:59 PM
I really wish I could offer advice, but like Gabi I can't and like she said, stay strong for her sake. Even if your mom is saying many things that don't make sense and/or are hurtful, it's just her illness. Remember, she still needs your support and she's still your mother. I hope things turn out for the best.