PDA

View Full Version : I need help on beating red

Link
21st April 2014, 06:57 PM
I have four Pokemon at level 60 or higher. Is that good or do I have some training to do?

Rossymore
22nd April 2014, 08:55 AM
Depending on the Pokemon, so long as they're fully evolved murder machines, yeah 60 is a fine level. Get some Revival Herbs if you're not too confident, Full Restores, Hyper Potions, etc. Save, then go for it.

Lady Vulpix
22nd April 2014, 08:58 AM
"Level 60 or higher" doesn't say much. Not to mention you haven't listed your Pokemon nor their movesets.

Easy answer? Try to beat him. If you succeed, then you were ready. Otherwise, you're not.

If you're playing GSC, then Red's Pokemon are around level 80. Mine were level 63 when I beat him, but I had to try a few times until his Pikachu stayed asleep long enough for my Butterfree to beat him.

Link
22nd April 2014, 01:54 PM
My Pokemon are.....

Lugia
Latios
Entei
Raikou
Wobbuffett.

Edit: I beat red!!!! Wow.

Lady Vulpix
27th April 2014, 07:31 AM
4 legendaries? That's almost cheating in my book, but the game allows it, so I guess that's OK.

Zak Rodgers
4th November 2014, 02:16 AM
In the metagame and in PvP I really don't like/recommend using legendaries. To me it seems like desperation for a strong Pokemon. But they ARE good for those tricky late-game fights.

Poryhedron
5th November 2014, 07:44 AM
When I do single-fighter games, once I've caught a Legend I keep it on hand for double battles.