PDA

View Full Version : What videogames have you played through?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th May 2014, 04:40 AM
Dear TPMers, what games have you played through during your entire life? What was the first game you finished? Any other special memories? Post and discuss. There are sure many games that you can play through less than 100%, so note that and tell us. I'll post my list later.

Roy Karrde
11th May 2014, 11:11 PM
God that is a hard one... Ugh... I will have to say Turtles in Time on the SNES as I am discounting games I cheated to beat.

Jeff
12th May 2014, 01:53 AM
The first game I ever finished was Super Mario Land on Game Boy. I remember that feeling I got when I finally took down Tatanga and rescued Princess Daisy, my legs were shaking, I couldn't believe I had actually beaten it. I had never seen video game credits or even Japanese names before, so I thought it was just parodying movie credits and using random letters as the names. Of course, I had used Game Genie, but I was a kid so cut be a break. :P I've always wanted to go back and beat it legitimately, but sadly the cartridge no longer works. One of these days I need to download it. Only 3 bucks on the eShop, but my current funds are reserved for Shantae and possibly Shovel Knight, if they ever come out.

The first game I finished legitimately was Super Mario World, although I used shortcuts. After I discovered Star World for the first time, I played around in those levels and stumbled upon "Bowser's House" as my brother called it, and ended up beating the game by accident. I was still determined after that to get all the way through normally, and I did, eventually finding all 96 exits before the days of just looking it up online. So that was also the first game I completed 100%.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th May 2014, 12:55 AM
Hm, I actually meant to list all the games I have played through but while that's easier to me since I don't consider myself a skilled player, I figured out you others' lists would be too long.

Anyways, the first game I finished was Final Fantasy VII. It was autumn 1998 and a friend was visiting me and he asked me to show the game. I beat Sephiroth for the first time that day. Of course I didn't have all the E-skills, Summons and that stuff, but still.

As far as Mario games are concerned, I do have collected all the 120 stars in Super Mario 64 as well as all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy.

But perhaps the oddest accomplishment was a few years ago when I finally saved all the Mudokons in Abe's Oddysee, an old Playstation platformer. They said there was only 99 of them but, in my file, the reading was 102 if I remember correctly.

Knight of Time
4th June 2014, 11:34 AM
Well, IIRC the first game I beat the normal way was Super Mario Kart for SNES; among others I remember beating the normal way include Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (DX), Yoshi's Safari (on normal), the Super Mario All-Stars port of Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman, and Kirby's Dream Land 2 (I only beat the normal game; I didn't beat Dark Matter).

Blademaster
8th June 2014, 11:43 PM
Too many to list.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th June 2014, 11:38 PM
As I actually keep a list of all the games I beat I can tell you it's exactly 712. The first one was Super Mario Bros. and the last one to date was Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.