PDA

View Full Version : Why is War?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th May 2014, 01:00 AM
It's been so long since we had a serious religion debate here at TPM. Although I don't actually support any religion directly, not even atheism, unlike someone might think, I have missed them.

So why do you think divine beings let the people suffer and fight each other. A common explanation is that war is in the human nature. To get this discussion started, I'll quote the Bible:

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
Today I realized there might be a (coincidental) connection between this and the Japanese Samurai Way (bushidoo).

Drago
24th May 2014, 09:02 AM
Short reply: thread title is fun.

Long reply: If war is part of human nature, why then does God directly challenge Job's faith, testing him through cruelty and effectively dubbing war upon all of his subjects? Is not this hostile gesture, in the name of defiance against his doubters, the strongest declaration of war? To wager one man's entire life in the assurance of the power of your own name... truly, this is not only a war upon man, but a clear example of arrogance and cruelty.

Medium reply: Seriously, I don't fucking care.