PDA

View Full Version : Tentacool and Tentacruel to be show

Reece
6th May 2003, 05:41 PM
Tonight on CN, I thought it was baned it showed that it would be on tonight, and was the Breeding Center Secret last night the Canadian Version, Misty kept sayin Snap

Nikku-San
6th May 2003, 06:14 PM
On Cartoon Network... Odd, they skipped it last time...

Entropy
6th May 2003, 06:48 PM
I checked my listings...they will air it! And I live in NYC! Wow, even I'm surprised.

Reece
6th May 2003, 07:46 PM
This is one of my favs, Misty gets Horsey and everything! Didn't they ban it?

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah, the episode is airing tonight on CN, and I'm really surprised.

It was banned in the first place cause of the turmoil of September 11. However, they might have certain scenes cut out, I'll check it out tonight and post my findings, k?

Reece
6th May 2003, 10:55 PM
I just finished watching it, ghaven't seen it in 3 years, it is a clasic and one of my favorites (St Ann through Tentacool and Tentacruel also Beauty And The Beach is a great Saga or whatever you wanna call it are some other favorites) But I didn't notice if anything was cut out

Rei_Zero
6th May 2003, 11:20 PM
It was banned because of the use of bazookas -_-;

Nikku-San
6th May 2003, 11:32 PM
And the scantilly clad men. ;)

Off topic: Wonder if they'll air Beauty and the Beach...?

Entropy
7th May 2003, 04:40 AM
No, it was only banned of 9/11.

Anyway. after watching the episode, it seems nothing was cut to me. Of course, you can tell where 4Kids painted over Kanji symbols and replaced them with different stuff. Now that I'm more aware of these things, you can really noticed how much of a shoddy job they did but that's just me.

What really amazes me is that Nastins shoots guns several times in the episode, but Legend of Dratini never aired because of guns. How odd.

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I watched it, and it was the same as the Viz Video release, nothing was cut except for the stuff that was cut by 4Kids when it was first aired.

I'm glad they aired it, but if they skipped "Beauty and the Beach". What's so bad about that episode now? You guys cut out what you wanted to, James' special "scene." ^^:;;

Rei_Zero
7th May 2003, 06:52 PM
Tentacool and Tentacruel disappeared before 9/11.

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I think it's Nastina's use of tanks and such, overall it's a pretty violent episode.

But it is eseential to the story line, I mean Misty catches Horsea and it's the introduction of Tentacool and Tentacruel to the anime.

ILikePokemonP
8th May 2003, 01:56 AM
Nothing wrong with it. Its good they're finally showing it over there :)

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ILikePokemon:P
Nothing wrong with it. Its good they're finally showing it over there :)

I think the reason why they haven't showed it for so many years is that Nastina, the main antagonists, keeps shooting Tentacool and Tentacruel with machine guns and tanks. I mean, 4Kids thought the episode was a bit too much on the violent side, but if you watch some of the shows kids are watching nowadays, that episode would seem like heaven.

I'm glad Cartoon Network's airing this episode. And now, the one we're all waiting for, will Cartoon Network air The Legend of Dratini?

Entropy
8th May 2003, 01:36 PM
They'll never air it.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
They'll never air it.

But why?

If they do have it dubbed and ready to go, why not? I mean Tentacool and Tentacruel is very alike to The Legend of Dratini. TAT has Misty catching a new Pokemon; Horsea. It introduces Tentacool and Tentacruel into the anime, and Nastina uses tanks and guns to get what she wants. She also has four effinamate men.

TLOD has Ash and Brock catching new Pokemon; Tauros. It introduces Dratini and Dragonair into the anime, and Team Rocket and the warden use guns to get what they want. Jessie also tries to lure the warden to tell her where Dratini is.

They're very similar, I don't see why Cartoon Network wouldn't air one if they aired the other.

Entropy
8th May 2003, 05:06 PM
Going by your logic, it is an old Kanto episode and will probably be never dealt with anymore.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 06:38 PM
Going by your logic, it is an old Kanto episode and will probably be never dealt with anymore.

I agree that I said that, however, Cartoon Network seems to be airing nothing but the old Kanto episodes, along with at least half of the Orange Island League episodes.

Therefore, it would do wonders for Cartoon Network if they aired the episode in their lineup.

Entropy
8th May 2003, 07:16 PM
CN and KidsWB are owned by AOL/Time Warner, which like the rest of them, is just another heartless huge corporation. It is unlikely we will see this episode aired. Unless we all band together and protest at 4Kids' HQ, I don't see anything happening.

Hanada Tattsu
8th May 2003, 09:46 PM
CN and KidsWB are owned by AOL/Time Warner, which like the rest of them, is just another heartless huge corporation. It is unlikely we will see this episode aired. Unless we all band together and protest at 4Kids' HQ, I don't see anything happening.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

It's not a big deal if we don't see the episode for reasons stated above in this post, but if we do it would be an extra prize for being fans for so long.

soggy_cardboard
9th May 2003, 12:19 AM
is that the episode, where it has that old lady, and has lots of tentacool+a big tentacruel?

ILikePokemonP
9th May 2003, 05:07 AM
Yes.

I'd rather see a bazooka in front of my face than look at Nastina *shudders*

Totodilemew
9th May 2003, 05:48 AM
Why are you talking about the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode? I recall that a few months ago, during Cartoon Network's first run of episodes it was shown. I remember seeing it on there....

Entropy
9th May 2003, 10:51 AM
If you read the first post, it was brought up because it was presumably banned for a while and it was brought back.

Hanada Tattsu
9th May 2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Totodilemew
Why are you talking about the Tentacool and Tentacruel episode? I recall that a few months ago, during Cartoon Network's first run of episodes it was shown. I remember seeing it on there....

No, to my knowledge, many fans, unless they had the video, like me, had never seen the episode since it was aired. I may be wrong, but that's what I thought.

Plus, when CN recently aired it, it was the first time in a long while.

Nikku-San
10th May 2003, 01:40 AM
Hey, if they're bringing back Tentacool and Tentacruel.... why not Beauty and the Beach too? Odd...

Hanada Tattsu
10th May 2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Hey, if they're bringing back Tentacool and Tentacruel.... why not Beauty and the Beach too? Odd...

I think Beauty and the Beach is in the hands of Kids WB and/or 4Kids Productions.

Somehow they see it as an "evil" episode, so they don't want to air it even if it is cut. :rolleyes:

Obi
10th May 2003, 10:02 AM
"The Legend of Dratini" will never air on CN because it PROBABLY ISN'T DUBBED. That's like saying "Why doesn't Cartoon Network air Electric Soldier Porygon"? Because it's not dubbed.

And Beauty and the Beach won't air because KidsWB! gave CN the first season, but they didn't give them that episode, obviously.

ToddTPM
10th May 2003, 10:30 AM
Actually, Totodilemew is correct. Tentacruel and Tentacool did air during Cartoon Network's original run of Pokemon back in November. I specifically remember it and also have it on tape to confirm it. However, like many have already said, this was the first time that the episode had aired since 9/11 (on any American network).

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Obi
"The Legend of Dratini" will never air on CN because it PROBABLY ISN'T DUBBED. That's like saying "Why doesn't Cartoon Network air Electric Soldier Porygon"? Because it's not dubbed.

And Beauty and the Beach won't air because KidsWB! gave CN the first season, but they didn't give them that episode, obviously.

BTW, Todd, thanks for clearing that up.

No, a while back, there was an online AOL chat with Veronica Taylor, the woman who plays Ash's voice in the dub. She said that the episode was indeed dubbed (TLOD, not ESP) and ready to go if the producers decided to air it.

Entropy
11th May 2003, 10:07 AM
Well, it's nice to see it's ready, but as I iterated before, there's no chance it will happen.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:32 PM
Well, it's nice to see it's ready, but as I iterated before, there's no chance it will happen.

I agree, there is however, a chance that it could be released on Video or DVD...

quilava flame
11th May 2003, 09:25 PM
I'm glad they showed Tentacool and Tentacruel. It was one of my favorite episodes of it. That episode was one of a kind. Never again did they see Brock, Misty AND Ash use almost all of their pokemon, and have all of them lose horribly. Never again did you see an awsome giant pokemon destroy a city. Never again did you see pokemon revolting on humans because of humanity's own selfish needs. In all of pokemon's 300+ episodes, no episode stood out so much.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by quilava flame
I'm glad they showed Tentacool and Tentacruel. It was one of my favorite episodes of it. That episode was one of a kind. Never again did they see Brock, Misty AND Ash use almost all of their pokemon, and have all of them lose horribly. Never again did you see an awsome giant pokemon destroy a city. Never again did you see pokemon revolting on humans because of humanity's own selfish needs. In all of pokemon's 300+ episodes, no episode stood out so much.

Actually, it does happen in a few episodes once the crew is in Blackthorn. You'll soon see what I mean.

Entropy
12th May 2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I agree, there is however, a chance that it could be released on Video or DVD...

Really? What became of 'Beauty and the Beach' then? I'm pretty sure most, if not all of the Kanto episodes are on VHS at least (not that I'd buy them) and the aforementioned episode is not in any of those tapes.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 07:20 PM
Really? What became of 'Beauty and the Beach' then? I'm pretty sure most, if not all of the Kanto episodes are on VHS at least (not that I'd buy them) and the aforementioned episode is not in any of those tapes.

Yeah, neither are the Christmas episodes, or TLOD and ESP, which is banned in Japan as well.

ILikePokemonP
13th May 2003, 01:16 AM

Yeah, neither are the Christmas episodes, or TLOD and ESP, which is banned in Japan as well. Uh, what do those abbreviations stand for?

Pidgeot018
13th May 2003, 10:10 AM
TLOD=The Legend of Dratini
ESP=Electric Soldier Porygon

I hope sometime down the road they release a nice box set with TLOD and and holiday eps/specials. 3 epis per tape or DVD makes it a real pain to collect the series, but the Orange Islands set is a start.

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:13 PM
LOL, sorry for not making it clear.

A box set edition would be cool, but I doubt it will ever occur.

ILikePokemonP
14th May 2003, 02:08 AM
Well I'd heard of the episode names but the abbreviations weren't making much sense to me ;o

soggy_cardboard
14th May 2003, 11:43 PM
i saw it on normal tv. in NZ. i dont know why u guys didnt...

and that was b4 the nastiness...

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 08:33 AM
This is wierd. I thought Cartoon Network would be turning a new leaf and show every episode, except maybe Beauty and the Beach, but I was wrong.

Yesterday, they didn't air The Tower of Terror, they just skipped to the Saffron City Gym Battle.

Reece
15th May 2003, 07:41 PM
hey need to air those Episodes, People say Who Cares about those Kanto Episodes, well excuse me but those are classics, nothing can compare to the episodes that started a huge craze, It was how I got hooked back in 98, if you ask me these new episodes are crap compared to the Kanto ones, alot of the kids that watch Pokemon today on TV don't know about TLOD or any older episodes, give us die hard Pokemon Fans what we want, even if it is the 5th season!

Entropy
16th May 2003, 05:08 AM

Yesterday, they didn't air The Tower of Terror, they just skipped to the Saffron City Gym Battle.

Surprise, surprise. It seems that AOL/Time Warner still lives in a 9/11 world. What a bunch of idiots. Terror...TERROR. Ooh, what a scary word.

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 08:36 AM
Surprise, surprise. It seems that AOL/Time Warner still lives in a 9/11 world. What a bunch of idiots. Terror...TERROR. Ooh, what a scary word.

I know, but can't they just change the title?

I mean for A Scare in the Air, which is one of the last Indigo episodes, they changed the title once to Spirits in the Sky. Then, after 9/11, they changed it again to something filtered, a pun.

Why?

Entropy
16th May 2003, 02:44 PM
They could, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Besides, I don't even remember reairing 'A Scare in the Air' after 9/11 anyway, so IMO the change was in vain.

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 06:49 PM
They could, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Besides, I don't even remember reairing 'A Scare in the Air' after 9/11 anyway, so IMO the change was in vain.

No, I've seen them air that on Kids WB at least twice.

Entropy
17th May 2003, 04:08 AM
Before or after 9/11?

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 09:46 AM
Before or after 9/11?

After 9/11. They've aired it a few times.

ToddTPM
17th May 2003, 04:01 PM
Hanada Tattsu is correct. I believe they have aired A Scare in the Air at least twice on KidsWB since 9/11. One was a few months after the incident. I am positive this aired because it it how we found out that the title was changed. The second time was during the "Road to Indigo" saga, which showed every Pokemon episode in order starting with episode one.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 09:51 AM
They changed the title twice, I remember.

But I forgot what they changed it to. I remember it was from A Scare in the Air to Spirits in the Sky to something else.

Entropy
22nd May 2003, 04:44 AM
Ok, thank you. I wasn't sure at the time because I didn't watch the anime much at the time. Still confused as to why they changed the title anyway. It's a stupid name and has no relevance to the episode at all.

Pokemon Neo
22nd May 2003, 09:29 AM
I don't know if anyone managed to see this,but around 2 weeks ago CN aired "A Chansey Operation" where they actually showed the needle penetrating the doctors arm!:o It was completely un-cut unlike the KidsWB version.

After I saw this episode,I guess it isn't that farfetched if CN was the the one to air TLOD or ESP.

BTW,does anyone know if "A Chansey Operation" is un-cut on Video or DVD?

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Pokemon Neo
BTW,does anyone know if "A Chansey Operation" is un-cut on Video or DVD?

Yeah, the version VIZ has is uncut, I think Kids WB's version is the cut version.