PDA

View Full Version : Mega wha?

DarkestLight
8th August 2014, 08:16 AM
Lopunny? WTF? NO.

And Altaria is the sellout dragon as we all know : Drqagon/Fairy can GO HOME!

Salamence...eeeehhh

CaptainJigglypuff
8th August 2014, 05:08 PM
I don't think Altaria looks that different. It just got a bigger puffier cloud and is now white. I like Mega Lopunny's typing as I have wanted Normal/Fighting for years. I know Meloetta can technically be one but you need Relic Song to make it happen and not everyone wants it to know it.

Knight of Time
8th August 2014, 05:58 PM
Meh, I'm not much of a fan of Mega Lopunny either.

But, Mega Altaria looks interesting to say the least, and as for Mega Salamence, I like the look of the new form, but it definitely has me curious to how its stats will change (I can imagine its physical Attack will surely be higher, but I personally hope none of its other stats are lowered too much if any of them are lowered) upon Mega evolving.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th August 2014, 03:54 AM
Someone had posted a comment on the new designs on 2ch, the biggest Japanese bulleting board:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2olT9dqR--/vm4ztrwjuevgyzkzo57l.jpg

Magmar
9th August 2014, 08:45 AM
Can we please have MEGA BIDOOF? With all capitals. So much Mega Bidoof.

DarkestLight
10th August 2014, 09:36 PM
Mega Dunsparce 4TW

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th August 2014, 12:47 AM
What makes me pensive is that some people seem to bash Mega Evolutions of Pokemon they didn't like in the first place. Maybe it's just me, but in my opinion you shouldn't judge Pokemon Mega Evolutions based on the original.

Mega Evolution is here to stay.

kainashi
11th August 2014, 08:56 AM
Can we please have MEGA BIDOOF? With all capitals. So much Mega Bidoof.this is something i could get behind.

classy_cat18
11th August 2014, 06:08 PM
I want Mega Kecleon! That lizard doesn't get enough love.

Jeff
11th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Dragon/Fairy is an interesting combo. I remember when X/Y was leaking and everyone was hoping Goomy evolved into a Dragon/Fairy type given its cute looks. Mega Altaria is a good fit for it. Mega Salamence though is just the latest in the line of "why?" along with Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Metagross.

Pokemaster Ash
11th August 2014, 11:19 PM
Well, it's not entirely surprising that the big "Dragons" got Mega evolutions (though I think we're missing Dragonite for the complete set...at least, unless they start doing Megas for Gen 5 stuff).

Given they already did Gardevoir, it would make sense if Gallade eventually got a Mega evolution. I'd actually be fairly curious to see if we also got Megas for Milotic, Dusknoir, Claydol, or Flygon (for things originally native to Hoenn anyway, dunno if anything else might get them).

Ultimate Charizard
12th August 2014, 04:05 AM
Rumour online of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu03p3lIgAA47BJ.jpg:large

Looking at it im guessing Audino could become Normal/Fairy and Slowbro probably just gets a stat boost/ability change.

Could be fakes though, i havent seen any image links/confirmation other than this on twitter.

CaptainJigglypuff
12th August 2014, 04:20 AM
Mega Claydol as I imagine it would have larger spikes on its hand and head and would be larger in size and be a bit more menacing looking. And why does the rumored Mega Slowbro look like a top? Anyone else think the same thing?

Pokemaster Ash
12th August 2014, 09:35 AM
.....Since there has yet to be a Mega Evolution for anything from Gen 5 yet, I'd take anything that mentions a Unova Pokémon with a level of suspicion. And if there is a Gen 5 Mega coming...I'd probably bet on either the starters, Haxorus, Hydreigon, or something random like Chandelure, Gothitelle, or Cinccino being first in line.

Not to mention MegaAudino would be setting a rather dangerous precedent. Next up after that could be MegaBlissey...

Ultimate Charizard
12th August 2014, 09:42 AM
I dunno, Audino always felt like an 'unfinished' Pokemon to me. Like they were waiting for something else to add to it.

mattbcl
12th August 2014, 11:09 AM
I want to see what a Bite attack from Mega Slowbro would look like. Wouldn't that just equate to Mega Shellder chomping Slowpoke's head off?

This could be an improvement.

Ultimate Charizard
12th August 2014, 03:01 PM
Im guessing it will be some Psychic Bullshittery that just floats there like some Ominous monolith...

...it does looks like Slowpoke got caught in the SAW movies though.

Jeff
12th August 2014, 07:35 PM
I'm going to guess pure Fairy or at least Normal/Fairy for Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro to get defensive boost with the Shellder now covering its body.

Mr.E
15th August 2014, 12:26 AM
Mega Slowbro or... Mega Cloyster?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th August 2014, 03:04 AM
I've never gotten used to any of those megas. I think when beating X/Y I only used a mega a single time. Shows I'm getting old.

CaptainJigglypuff
15th August 2014, 08:01 PM
Really? I used Mega Blaziken ALL the time. It took out most of my opponent's Pokemon with the exception of Siebold's Starmie. Even Valerie's Sylveon fell to Mega Blaze's Power Up Punch after the second turn it was out. I only used it once before Sylveon appeared.

Magmar
16th August 2014, 07:11 AM
Mega Slowbro or... Mega Cloyster?

Mega Cloyster would be horrifying.

I want to see Mega Spiritomb, if only for the concept art!

DarkestLight
17th August 2014, 10:38 PM
MegaTomb would be amazing.

While I'm still super excited for Mega Sceptile, I felt a need to address an earlier point. Some Mega's are just dumb, not dependent on their previous forms. For instance, I love Heracross to death....and I think its Mega is hellacious. Yes, some Pokemon get a bad rap naturally and adding a Mega to their whole ensemble is just asking for more hate, but some deserve it (Altaria :p)

Well, Salamence looks like a Decepticon now.

Why is there a Mega Slowbro and no Mega Slowking? Oh cause that would just be a Mega Cloyster with a very full belly :o

Speaking of, how would that work? Is there to be a Slowkingite and a Slowbroite? Guess there would have to be for any split line Pokemon.

Pokemaster Ash
18th August 2014, 08:15 AM
I thought MegaSalamence looked more like a Gundam battleship reject, but either way they could have done better with that.

And I hope they cover the branches with the Mega evolutions at some point. I mean, we've already had one apparently left behind with Gallade. Don't need to add to the list.

DarkestLight
16th September 2014, 06:19 AM
there it is! Mega Gallade! YESSSS! Something I can USE! YAAAAAS Wonder if its type changes... YAAAAS HAPPY DAY. Camerupt can go sit in a dark corner and meh to Sharpedo.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th October 2014, 03:03 AM
Mega Pidgeot coming up. And finally: Mega Beedrill! I love Beedrill to bits, just hope it isn't gonna be horrifying..

DarkestLight
10th October 2014, 07:47 PM
Wait...Mega Beedrill looks sick! Mega Pidgeot better get some damned good moves, I've been waiting 16 years for Pidgeot to get more respect!

Ultimate Charizard
15th October 2014, 09:28 AM
Mega Beedrill gets Adaptability for 2x STAB
Mega Pidgeot gets No Guard for UBER Accuracy

Also Mega Steelix and Glalie both look rediculous.

Jeff
15th October 2014, 10:00 AM
Mega Steelix is in the Japanese demo, and looks like everyone else is getting Mega Glaile, except no word on North America yet, seeing as we're going to be late to the party. We at least now know how to get the demo now. Instructions are here (http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/head-to-hoenn-early-with-the-pokemon-trainer-club/).

Pokemaster Ash
15th October 2014, 10:34 AM
It's really starting to look like everything is eventually going to have a Mega evo at some point or another. I wonder when the whining is going to start over where MegaFroslass is since we have Glalie's, or MegaSwellow, MegaStaraptor, or MegaUnfezant are since we got Pidgeot's...

...or MegaButterfree since we have MegaBeedrill.....

...yeah. I think everything is going to get one now...

Jeff
15th October 2014, 12:13 PM
All I care about right now is Mega Raichu. If we were able to get Surfing Pikachu again, that thing would be amazing.

DarkestLight
24th October 2014, 08:45 PM
:/ well balls, i missed that newsletter :o

DarkestLight
24th October 2014, 08:48 PM
Mega pidgeot grows by like 2 feet... wtf

Drago
25th October 2014, 08:49 PM
I'm all bout dat Mega Beedrill. I dig the concept of taking forgotten favourites and making them viable. That's why I was onboard the Mega Pinsir train. Bzzzzzzzz ~

Jeff
26th October 2014, 04:45 AM
Bring on Mega Butterfree!

CaptainJigglypuff
26th October 2014, 08:50 AM
I like to call Mega Glalie Unichomp since it looks like the love child of a unicorn and Chomp Chomp!

shadownite90
6th November 2014, 03:35 PM
You people can never understand how hard I laughed when I saw mega beedrill. I have to share this story. My sister one time was catching weedle and naming them inappropriate things then wonder trading them. My little brother asked if she was facing the elite 4, and in reply, I told him "No, she's facing the Weedlelite 7." From then on that became a thing(it is now our little troll pokemon team), and seeing that mega made my week.