PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Pokemon from each gen

Zak Rodgers
9th November 2014, 10:02 PM
Alas, sadly I'll never be a famous Pokemon Youtuber, with millions of fans. But that's OK. That's what I've got you lot for!
To make this list easier, I'm picking one favourite Pokemon from each generation, then picking a supreme favourite out of those.

Kanto:
Nidoking
In the TCG, one of the first cards I ever got was a Nidoking, and I was in awe of how BADASS it looked! A purple, spiky, poisonous tank that just seemed too cool to be real. Well into my D/P experience I caught myself a little level 2 male Nidoran, and I raised it all the way to level 100, through its evolutions, not even using the EXP. share even though I knew I could. Nidoking became a staple in my team - while I never took part in PvP back then, I was astounded at how quickly Nidoking wrecked any opposing team with its diverse movepool. Later in HG/SS I got a Nidoking quite early and It stayed with me all the way up to facing Red, single-handedly destroying almost everyone. While it was made fairly redundant in X/Y, it'll always be my favourite Gen One Pokemon.

Johto:
Scizor
In one of the Pokemon novels, Ash meets a ninja trainer with a Scizor called Masamune. He then later meets another Scizor trainer who opens a can of whup-ass on ash's Pikachu. The Scizor trainer eventually loses, but this novel intrigued me - I wanted a Scizor! They seemed so strong! Long story short, I've had one in every Pokemon game I've played, and my X/Y Scizor kickstarted my PvP career with it's nifty Mega Evolution and deadly technician/bullet punch combo. Also, steel clawed bug. Your argument is invalid.

Hoenn:
Sableye
This could easily have been Sceptile, but Sableye takes the cake. I'm usually not one to go for the little Pokemon, but Sableye always seemed so......deliciously evil. I'm a big fan of Dark-types, and being a Ghost-type as well means that as of Gen Six, it's only weak to Fairy and also Fighting, under the correct circumstances. Before this Gen, Sableye's only weakness was Fighting, and not even all the time! It seemed really cheeky to me, which reminds me of myself. You could even say Sableye is my spirit Pokemon!

Sinnoh:
Infernape/Drapion
I couldn't pick just one here. While it was not the first game I ever played, Diamond was the first game I ever owned, and my first ever starter was Chimchar. Almost being entirely new to Pokemon I had no idea what I was doing and by the time I reached the champion, my Infernape was a war machine: Level 98! It was the only Pokemon I ever used and I remember it was the only starter I ever felt really attached to - it was like a first pet.

Then there's Drapion. When I got Diamond it wasn't long till my brother wanted its counterpart, Pearl. When he got to Pastoria's Great Marsh, the ONLY Pokemon that I could never catch - Skorupi - fell right into his hands. I couldn't let him beat me! So I played compulsively and finally got my own Skorupi, then when it evolved I couldn't believe my eyes: Drapion was so cool! My mother and I both have a love of scorpions (my mother's star sign being Scorpio) and having one as a pet (albeit virtually) made me very happy. In addition I thought Drapion had the coolest typing ever at the time. Still do. I've snce had two different Drapions in White and Y, both raised from eggs and both reaching level 100. My Y Drapion has also become my trump card in battles, being known to sweep entire teams single-handedly.

Unova:
Haxorus
In the game, I was always jealous of the trainers in Opelucid gym for their Fraxures. Fraxure was always the hardest gym enemy for me, with Dragon Dance and Dragon Tail. Eventually I got my own, evolving it into Haxorus. I love Haxorus' colour scheme for a start, and the lore behind it: Axe. Head. While a terrible pun I loved it - I'm an ancient weapon enthusiast and this really appealed to me. In White, alongside Drapion my Haxorus plowed through countless battle subway matches.

Kalos:
Malamar
This may surprise you. When Malamar was first announced I took an immediate shine to it - it was so unique and had a cool name. What more could you want? After the Zubat Roost in the game, I spent hours trying to catch the perfect Inkay in the tall grass and when I finally did it quickly became my powerhouse. It was also the first Kalos Pokemon I ever raised to level 100. Aside from that I just like its type - while giving a glaring 4x weakness to Bug, Dark/Psychic is such a cool combination and served me well. My Malamar, nicknamed Aspar after the holy spear of light also briefly competed in my PvP team, reversing every Swords Dance and becoming a beast with Superpower.

But there can only be one favourite. And that favourite is................Drapion.
What do you guys think? What're your faves?

Blademaster
10th November 2014, 01:27 PM
G1: Poliwrath
G2: Heracross
G3: Blaziken
G4: Electivire
G5: Golurk
G6: Trevenant

Jeff
10th November 2014, 04:14 PM
Gen 1: Gyarados
It's always been one of my favorites from Gen 1 all the way up to now, and one of my fondest Pokemon memories was dominating the battle tower in Diamond with a Dragon Dancing Gyarados, plus it evolves from Magikarp, which for me, carried a message that there's great potential in even the weakest of us. As for my favorite back during gen 1, hands down, it was Aerodactyl, which is still one of my favorites today.

Gen 2: Scizor
A cool pokemon that evolves from the equally cool Scyther? And gets access to a Technician-booseted Bullet Punch? Yes please! Kingdra was my favorite back then, mostly because I was disappointed when I found out that Gyarados wasn't Water/Dragon.

Gen 3: Flygon
Was Flygon, still is Flygon. Always liked the design, and was pretty upset when it was made irrelevant by Garchomp.

Gen 4: Gallade
Gardevoir was one of my favorites from Gen 3, and her male counterpart quickly became one of my new favorites. Also, calling Gallade my Gen 4 favorite is saying quite a bit. As far as Pokemon go, Gen 4 is probably my favorite, with Pokemon like Lucario, Electivire, Leafeon, Glaceon, and so many others. And yet somehow, it wasn't that hard to pick a favorite

Gen 5: Zoroark
The first Pokemon introduced in Gen 5 is also my favorite from that Gen, due to its unique ability. I didn't actually use one until Gen 6, so I had a different favorite during Gen 5: Galvantula. A spider that can electrocute you sounds like the stuff of nightmares.

Gen 6: Noivern
Because, well, it looks cool. It was a good enough reason to like Gyarados and Aerodactyl back in the day, and is still as good a reason as any.

And the winner is....

I'll have to go with my favorite pokemon from my favorite generation: Gallade.

Oslo
10th November 2014, 04:22 PM
Gen I: Snorlax

The best Pokemon. Snorlax does what it wants and takes shit from no one.

Gen II: Girafarig

I have a thing for giraffes.

Gen III: Ludicolo

It's a fucking sombrero-wearing pineapple duck. Every generation needs one of these.

Gen IV: Lucario

BADASS.

Gen V: Jellicent

The male version, specifically. That jaunty stache makes me happy.

Gen VI: Hawlucha

All the Fighting/Flying mockups made my Pokemon fans over the years never came close to the real thing. Hawlucha is gold.

DarkestLight
11th November 2014, 12:23 AM
Alright, I 'll bite.

Gen I: Pidgeot
Are you kidding me? After watching the Anime and playing alongside with Red in America, and it being the first bird worth a damn-Pidgeotto was a staple on my team. When I found out it had one more Evo, HOO MY GOD I Freaked out. PvP years later weakened my fun loving bird, but I persevered and NOW I GET A MEGA EVO! ABOUT DAMN TIME FOR RESTORING MY DREAMS!

Gen II: Dunsparce
Here's the problem. Gen II introduced 5 Pokemon that I immediately went nuts for. Houndoom, Donphan, Dunsparce, Scizor and Tyranitar. Not to mention Dark Type which I SORELY loved cause I hate Psytypes....but that's not the point. DUNSPARCE IS A BEAST! A weird OVERLOOKED BEAST with a heart of gold and a hell of a fun time to write about. I didn't fall completely in love with TTar until Gen III, so Dunny wins it.

Gen III: Sableye
Yeap. Hoenn almost fell flat for me except a very limited few, then I got Sableye and my world changed. I don't even re-Oh wait, Absol. Forgot about him. No Sableye was still hilarious. Loved every moment of running around with this random gremlin esque ghost! Damn fairy type/Scrappy for finally giving him a stable weakness.

Gen IV: Garchomp
Who the hell was in Gen IV? Regigigas...so that was Froslass....and uhh....OH DUH. GARCHOMP! Now, I'm with you Jeff with Flygon. I LOVE Flygon. I hoped they would give me one more Grd/Drg. Then holy buckets they delivered. But this was the Gen of "Evolve All the old guys finally!" and "Oh yeah we should finally make Leafeon a thing.." Garchomp just filled the quota of awesome, badass and just hard enough to make you feel satisfied when you finally got one.

Gen V: --Nobody? OH NO VIRIZION
Who were the starters in Gen 5. I'm drawing a blank. No seriously. That was Zoarark..so...who the hell was the grass type? Whoa I can't remember. This was the gen of Hydreigon too..First Psuedo Legendary I passed up. WHOAMG, I can't remember. Gen 5 didn't really astound and amaze :( oh. Snivy. No really, Excadrill was alright...oh this was the Musketeer gen.I dunno. ViriZion was a standout Pokemon. I love Grass Types and having a Grass non Jesus Legendary was fantastic to me. Runner up would be Chandelure+Ferrothorn :D

Gen VI: Aegislash/Tyrantum

THAT. IS OUTRAGEOUS! Aegislash is a LIVING SWORD THAT WILL END YOU! That is all! And for the Dino freak in me, yes Tyrantum is a hands down winner of the night! Still love TTAR more, but no, Tyrantum is a BEAST!

Out of them all. T-tar is my shiznit, but Pidgeot is the bestest.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th November 2014, 10:30 AM
OK, and I uttered I quit favouritism yeah right.

Kanto:
THE BLUE AND WHITE FINNISH BIRD, ARTIC...no legendaries are banned here...and they are overpowered freaks anyway. But in all seriousness, with all those eternally memoriable Pokemon like Butterfree, Venomoth, Jynx and Lapras around, it would still be too difficult to choose, if it wasn't for Misty's hilarious little Psyduck. So that's my Pokemon of choice from the first generation.
Psyduck

Johto:
Just did anybody see the Raikou special? Ikaguchi no Densetsu? Well perhpas, and you should remember Jun'ichi's aewesome appearance with his Meganium. Too cool. So he's disqualified, no starters accepted, besides. But I have always had a thing for Ampharos. It's one of those surprise evolutions. You get two lambs in a succession, but the final form's something completely different. Awesome, I call this beauty Nefernefernefer in TPM ASB.
Ampharos

Hoenn:
Sorry boys and girls, but this tropical place isn't among my favourites anyway. Yet there are things like Beautifly, Gardevoir, Mawile... I hate so much tropics... but I choose Tropius anyway. How paradoxial. Or something.An interesting type combo, looks outstanding too.
Tropius

Sinnoh:
Yeah Sinnoh the northern region is cool yep. Names like Rampardos, Bronzong, Garchomp, the ever-so-popular Drapion. Just why to pick just one? I'll take Bronzong, it's enigmatic enough for me. I even beat Blademaster's Articuno with this in ASB. Hey wait, it was still Bronzor, sorry Blade. But you still know. Beating my favourite legendary just was something, taking into account I lost the other rounds. Though the battle is still virtually unfininshed, and that was because Oslo's reffing was destroyed by TPM BBCode change. Rambling.
Bronzong

Unova:
First, I must congratulate Game Freak for creating a Pokemon based loosely on one of my long-time favourite birds and yet failing. I mean Unfezant. Fortunately the second thing to mention about this generation is something more special. Someone special. Beyond Leavanny, Scolipede, Sigilyph, Haxorus, there's Gothorita. I had or I still have a special friend whose favourite was Gothorita, and I keep my love for this Pokemon as an eternal sign of our friendship. Gothorita bears such a deep meaning for me.
Gothorita

Kalos:
Most of these Pokemon have something really lacking, they just seem to need something added to them. Perhaps Mega Evolution. But one remains, Meowstic looks appealing to me. I even managed to give this Pokemon quite a variable moveset. And I suck at strategy.
Meowstic

DarkestLight
11th November 2014, 09:07 PM
o.O Holy hell.

Is it just me, or has your English improved DRASTICALLY all of a sudden, Mikachu. I'm not trying to sound like an ass. I guess its that whole "You see it everyday, and you don't notice it-then you vanish and reappear and WHOA everything is different" moment in my life.

Or maybe I'm just reaaaaaaally late to the party....

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th November 2014, 04:25 AM
Well I have attended to two courses. But they both are too easy to my level, and that's why I already quit one of them. Still I don't quite catch what you mean, DL.

EDIT: Thanks for the compliment anyway!

Drago
12th November 2014, 06:09 AM
Let's do this thang...

Generation 1: The adventure begins
#1: Venusaur #2: Dragonite #3: Vulpix
BOOM goes the dynamite. Venusaur is easily my favourite out of gen 1, primarily because Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon and I loved that sucker to bits. My history playing Pokemon runs parallel with my history with the 'saur line and, sixteen years later, I'm still repping Venusaur on my main team. It's unfortunate I didn't play Pokemon competitively in gen 5, because Chlorophyl Venusaur + Drought was certainly a force to be reckoned with. Alas, I only really started playing people online in gen 6, so my Unova-focussed mix attacking Venusaur (Solarbeam/Earthquake/Growth/Sleep Powder) was rendered useless with the nerfing of Drought in X/Y. It still runs okay with Sunny Day in the fourth slot, but that set-up turn makes it hugely vulnerable to slower fire-types, and the absence of Sleep Powder gives it no answer for taking on flying-types. I also run a Mega Venusaur with Sludge Bomb/Leech Seed/Protect/Synthesis, but it's nowhere near as much fun for either party. But I digress. I will always find room for Venusaur.

Generation 2: Return of the Mack
#1: Quagsire #2: Crobat #3: Umbreon
When gen 2 strolled into town, it truly took everything you loved about Pokemon and made it bigger and better. New world, new Pokemon, new features… And yet, your old Pokemon could be transferred to come along for the ride, and once it was all said and done, you could head right on back to Kanto. Great stuff. In a time of great excitement, Quagsire stood out to me as being truly special. For one thing, gen 2 was when they started offering some really unique dual-type Pokemon, and a water-type that was immune to electricity was a revelation. Of course, it magnifies its existing weakness to grass, but still. Quagsire was a Pokemon I wanted to use, and golly, did I use it. Not well, but what can you do. I also love its design, from its goofy fins to its beady little eyes and great big smile. It has so many options, and I have fallen in love with the Infestation/Yawn combo.

Generation 3: Advanced
#1: Swellow #2: Breloom #3: Aggron
I umm and ahh about this all the time, but at this point, I think gen 3 was my favourite. It was a departure from the norm (the only generation to this day lacking backwards compatibility), but it offered such game changing mechanics (has there been a bigger impact on the metagame than abilities and natures?) in graphics that still look amazing to this day. This ranking was the hardest to me. When I started this paragraph, Breloom held the top spot, but Swellow has always been, to me, the true battler, and in an appropriate upset, it has knocked Breloom from the top spot. Swellow was a Pokemon I had no intention of repping on my team in the playthrough. Sure, it looks pretty, but it’s the early-game bird; what could it possibly offer? As its nature suggests, it has guts. It couldn’t take a hit to save its life, but it was fast and scrappy, and still my favourite user of Endeavour. Beyond that, my first Swellow, Petrie, is still the most decorated Pokemon I’ve got in the auxiliary game. Throughout the years, he’s gathered 24 ribbons, 13 of which he won in Hoenn’s contests.

Generation 4: Big is beautiful
#1: Leafeon #2: Stunky #3: Mismagius
Generation 4 ushered in a whole new style of Pokemon that, in my eyes, still stand out as unique from all other generations. Maybe it was just the jump from the Game Boy series to the DS, but golly, those things look huge. My favourite this time was one of the most automatic locks for my team I’ve ever had. Since the beginning of Pokemon, I’ve longed for a grass-type Eeveelution. I love those little critters, and I had to wait quite some time for my grass fixin’s to be sated (funny side note: when I first saw Umbreon, I thought it was a grass-type). When they first introduced Leafeon, I knew… Yep. This was going to feature on my active roster. Beyond just answering my (hyperbole) prayers for a mossy Eevee, the design of this thing is… awesome. Leaves for ears? A leaf for a tail? Leaves on its… ahh, you get the idea. Point is, in the comparatively short time I’ve known Leafeon, it’s propelled itself to my second favourite Eeveelution, behind only Vaporeon.

Generation 5: DS Deux
#1: Sawsbuck #2: Mienshao #3: Chandelure
It’s the most wonderful time of the deer ~ Honestly, how could you not love Sawsbuck? You take the cute little fawn with the awesome season gimmick in Deerling, and you ramp it up to have a beast that features all kinds of crazy flora, from a smattering of cheerful flowers to orange leaves that look like dreadlocks. I love it. Furthermore, competitively Sawsbuck gave me everything I wanted from Stantler in gen 2; high speed, high attack, high risk, ramped up by the devil-may-care Jump Kick technique. And to top it all off, its signature move, Horn Leech, is great fun, particularly when coupled with Leech Seed and other appropriate stalling tactics. You dirty little deer, you.

Generation 6: Today’s menu features…
#1: Greninja #2: Meowstic #3: Tyrantrum
I know, I know… Choosing Greninja as your gen 6 favourite is obvious. It’s the most popular starter of its iteration, it’s the new kid on the block in Smash Bros, and it’s a ninja frog. To say it’s your favourite is like saying water is often wet. But hey, I’m a consumer like everyone else. During the slow, methodical reveal process of each evolutionary stage, I remember being more and more intrigued by what the water line had to offer. Froakie looked… fun and quirky. Frogadier looked… sleek and cool. Then, when Greninja was unveiled, I knew it was the one for me. Couple that with its Protean ability, blistering speed and intriguing offensive options, and Greninja can be a force to be reckoned with… until of course, it gets hit back, at which point it retreats into the night. Quite appropriate!

And the winner is…
Venusaur!
The first will always be the best. Steve McNair is still my favourite football player, Joe Carter is still my favourite baseball player and Venusaur is still my favourite Pokemon… player. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Magmar
12th November 2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah! Let's do it.

Generation 1: Exeggutor
If only for its silly gait, strange smiles, and peculiar demeanor in the anime, Exeggutor was such a weirdo and I loved it! While he was certainly a special addition to the game and evolved from an even weirder Pokemon with a lousy moveset, he had the capacity to be a tank against most types. You could have your coconut and eat it too!

Honorable Mention #1: Lapras for being the Pokemon that I use consistently, ever since 1998 (:
Honorable Mention #2: Slowbro for being ridiculous and entertaining.
Honorable Mention #3: Starmie for its WEIRD ANIME VOICE. What exactly was it saying, and how?

Extra-honorable Mention: Venomoth for being versatile and useful. Why yes I will Sleep Powder and then Psybeam you into confused oblivion.

Generation 2: Yanma and Dunsparce
It was brilliant for Game Freak to put extremely rare Pokemon, diurnal/nocturnal types, etc. early on in the game. This made grinding not so painful as you would be searching for a diamond in the rough! That being said, the Pokemon gyms were so much easier in this game that it was almost unnecessary to grind as much as in Generation 1. :( Bonus points for Yanma being an outdoor Pokemon.

Honorable Mention: Miltank, because she's a cow that drinks her own milk... So weird.
Honorable Mention: Misdreavus for adding the challenge of using a pure-Ghost type to the game as well as being interesting.
Honorable Mention: Sneasel for its typing which required studying the rules to truly understand how to leverage it.

Generation 3: Loudred
I'm sure there are Pokemon that are much cooler, more interesting, or memorable in this generation. I remember enjoying raising a Nuzleaf and trying to figure out how to utilize Vigoroth/Slaking effectively. However, I have to admit, Exploud surprised me the most... I think we all had a cute little Whismur at some point early on in the game. For some reason, despite trying so desperately to raise Electrike (and it never learning anything useful) and other Pokemon, only the Whismur seemed to be effective out of the weak early-game mons, and so she stuck around. When she evolved into Loudred, I was taken aback--she looked kind of like Krumm from Aaahh! Real Monsters, and nothing like Whismur, who I had given Beauty enhancements to for the whole start of the game! The evolution into Exploud was the icing on the cake. I laughed each time Whismur evolved. It was surprising, it was interesting, and it was memorable, but I enjoyed Loudred's design best out of the three.

Honorable Mention: Shedinja for being tricky to obtain and interesting to experiment in battle with.
Honorable Mention: Nosepass for being genuinely strange.
Honorable Mention: Tropius for combining the things that made Venusaur and Jumpluff interesting into a beautifully-designed Pokemon.

Generation 4: Glaceon
I wasn't impressed with Generation IV. There were so few original Pokemon, it left me wanting so much more. Glaceon had an elegant design and seemed interesting. I actually wanted to raise one. Glaceon and Leafeon were great additions to the Eeveelution line.

Honorable Mention: Bidoof for being interesting, although useless (except as an HM Slave), and for all the laughs. Bidoof is on fire!
Honorable Mention: Vespiquen for being a tricky Pokemon to obtain and for having some semblance of a gimmick worth pursuing.
Honorable Mention: Rotom, now here's an interesting fella--can change into all these different objects!

Generation 5: Sigilyph
I thought Sigilyph was a new take on a Pokemon that's not legendary but could have an interesting backstory. I'd like to see Sigilyph and Unown integrated into a more effective storyline in the future. Sigilyph just looks so interesting. It's got a cool design and is tough to knock out in the wild when you first meet it. It's one of those Pokemon where you really don't know its typing until you battle it and finally catch your own.

Honorable Mention: Simipour, Simisage, and Simisear for adding some elemental flexibility early in the game and providing interesting characters, although they don't learn good STAB moves until their usefulness kind of wanes. Also searching for them provided much-needed grinding, especially in that sandy hell you would encounter not shortly after.
Honorable Mention: Volcarona for being such a cool, useful bug Pokemon that learns awesome moves late into its training.
Honorable Mention: Alomomola for being the best troll ever. What do you mean, Luvdisc doesn't evolve into something useful later on, like Alomomola? What's the point of raising a Luvdisc, then?

Generation 6: Hawlucha
Hawlucha took me by surprise. Its learnset is powerful, it's tough to beat in the wild, and it's a useful application of the Fighting/Flying typing. It also doesn't need to evolve in order to be pretty effective. Hawlucha is one Pokemon that consistently gave me trouble while playing through Pokemon X, and I had to mix up my strategy to effectively take down this speedy bruiser.

Honorable Mention: Chesnaught, Delphox, and Greninja for being the first set of starters to really make me struggle with the decision of who to start with, or even want to raise, since Generation II.
Honorable Mention: Gogoat for not only looking cool, but having one of those names that really could have not worked, but does work. Gogoat is a nice addition to sole-Grass types and isn't too complicated to work with. Overall a solid Pokemon.
Honorable Mention: Fletchinder for its surprise evolution into a Fire-type and for being an early catch that doesn't rapidly grow obsolete throughout the game. I like being surprised by what I encounter and not being able to guess right away what type the opposing Pokemon are.

Now for my least favorites! Dun dun dun...

Generation 1: Pinsir
I wanted to be impressed when I found this rare tank Bug Pokemon, but in its generation, Pinsir (and Scyther), who could've been great assets to fight the overpowered Psychics, don't learn any Bug-type moves to warrant their use! With a lack of Bug-type TMs, Pinsir was basically best left aside for a more potent Normal-type like Tauros or Kangaskhan. Scyther was at least quick, and Swords Dance plus Double Team was a notable combination for disaster. Pinsir didn't even learn moves that were all that powerful or useful, and maybe if Bug-types resisted Psychic-types, it would be able to hold its own in battle.

Generation 2: Sunkern
Great, a weak-as-hell Grass type. This is the best response Game Freak had to the problem of Poison/Grass weaknesses abounding? Nah, I'll stick with Bellossom. Even Jumpluff was more useful.

Generation 3: Luvdisc
There's just no point to having one other than for completion and Heart Scales. Oh wait, you can use Thief to take the Heart Scale from it in the wild? Yeah, I'll pass. Hugs if wanted for anyone who raised a Luvdisc hoping it would evolve into a Gen-III Dragonite or Gyarados.

Generation 4: Purugly
I already have a Persian. It's more effective and looks way more dangerous.

Generation 5: Bouffalant
I already have a Tauros.

Generation 6: Klefki
Its concept is stupid, its design is stupid, and it's not all that useful. I don't like most of the Fairy-types anyway. Yeah, add Fairy to Clefable and give us Sylveon and a couple Fairy-type legendaries... That's cool. We don't also need Flabebe, Klefki, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Carbink. What were they thinking when they added all these Fairy-types?

xoxo :126:

Fett One
12th November 2014, 07:23 PM
G1: Charizard

G2: Houndoom

G3: Salamence

G4: Infernape

G5: Krookodile

G6: Greninja

DarkestLight
13th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Magmar: Sableye is gen III

Ayeun
14th November 2014, 03:36 AM
Hmm... Okay...

Gen 1 - Vileplume. Was always picked on for keeping one on my team, but to this day, if I need a grass type in my line up, Vileplume is my go to.

Gen 2 - Umbreon. The first true Dark pokemon. Cleaned house against every psychic I battled in school. One of the guys I played against used Psychics exclusively, and it was amazing to watch his full team of level 100's go down to my level 40 Umbreon.

Gen 3 - Milotic/Flygon/Mawlie (Three way tie) - I loved the challenge in evolving Feebas in Gen 3. First you had to find the damn thing, then get the right berries, and then mix them perfectly. Meanwhile, even before I saw Trapinch's final forms, I knew I was going to train that little ant. Tiny beast that it was! And Mawlie was just so cute, I wanted to hug her all day long. Still a staple in my G6 games, as Mega Mawlie (And cleaning house as a perfect sweeper).

Gen 4 - Mothim. Cute bug types are always welcome, and Mothim was vastly superior to all other Gen 4 bugs.

Gen 5 - Eelektross - An electric type that isn't pikachu, isn't derpy, and most importantly, has no weaknesses!

Gen 6 - Dragalge/Aurorus (Two way tie) - One is a cute seaweed dragon, and the other is the cutest dinosaur! Also, every Mega Pokemon goes here too.

Magmar
15th November 2014, 09:16 AM
Whoops! I meant Sneasel, not Sableye! Good catch