PDA

View Full Version : About Year 2014 in TPM

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th November 2014, 01:25 PM
I don't want 2014 to be the last year of TPM. We have survived through a lot of things together.

Flame Wars, Sept 11th, hospital periods, Mt. Moon eruption, hackings.

Asking at the same time two things.

1) Shall we have the Unown Awards this year?
2) Shall we have the Secret Santa this year?

You see, the number of active members has decreased so it will be less interesting. But at the same time, this reminds me of what we say here in Finland:

Kun väki vähenee, niin pidot paranee!
If the folk lessens, then the party starts to get better!

Magmar
26th November 2014, 01:40 PM
"Three's company, four's a crowd" is a kind of similar saying here, although it doesn't have quite the same meaning.

I think we should carry on business as usual.

Knight of Time
26th November 2014, 01:59 PM
In my opinion, no year here is complete without the Unown Awards.

With ASB slowly coming back to life (and a 4th moderator there for the first time in a long time, aka Ayeun :)), I'm hoping that's just one reason (not the only reason of course) for the Unown Awards to be back this year.

As for the secret Santa, well, that's something that would be nice to see happening again this year; but I believe we're going to have to have a good number of Christmas celebrators here for that to work out.

Even if neither of those topics end up being done for this year, we're lucky TPM is as strong as it is right now.

Link
26th November 2014, 04:56 PM
Tpm isn't going to die. Not unless Pokemon goes bankrupt.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th November 2014, 11:11 PM
"Three's company, four's a crowd" is a kind of similar saying here, although it doesn't have quite the same meaning.

I think our saying originates from Finnish folklore. Here's an extract from our National Epic The Kalevala, Mikachu translate:

Sanoi Pohjolan isäntä,
The Master of Pohjola said,
itse lausui, noin nimesi:
uttered himself, named like that:
"Ei tässä piot paranne,
The feast doesn't get better here,
kun ei vierahat vähenne;
if the guests don't lessen;
talo työlle, vieras tielle
the house is to work, the guest is to the road
hyvistäki juomingista!
even from the best drinkings!
Lähe tästä, hiien heitto,
Leave here, you throwaway of ogre,
luota kaiken ihmiskansan!
among the whole nation of people!
Kotihisi, konna, koita,
Go home, rogue, try to do that,
paha, maahasi pakene!"
you, evil, escape to your land!

In my opinion, no year here is complete without the Unown Awards.

Well said. I almost cried.

Jeff
26th November 2014, 11:43 PM
I'm up for doing the Unown Awards again. I didn't do them back in October this year mostly due to the forum glitches, and the fact that I've been a bit busy. I'll be glad to design this year's trophies.

Dark-San
28th November 2014, 08:13 AM
Then what are we waiting for?

Drago
28th November 2014, 07:18 PM
26 letters in the alphabet. Approximately 20 active members.

sj3tYDBhNQA

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th November 2014, 11:25 PM
I am Ö.

Jeff
29th November 2014, 08:19 AM
Working on the designs, I'll have the thread posted after they're done, which should take too long, but it won't be done today.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th November 2014, 10:58 AM
:patriootti:

Mr.E
9th December 2014, 11:11 AM
26 letters in the alphabet. Approximately 20 active members.
I'm pretty sure they've been awarded to inactive members before, not to mention random forums and concepts and whatever other shit that aren't actually people on occasion. (And I remember "everyone!")

I pay little attention to this shit in the first place and even I know that man, come on.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th December 2014, 01:33 PM
Don't start arguing now, there's only 20 of us left! ;)

Lady Vulpix
10th December 2014, 07:24 PM
TPM will survive New Year. And hey, by the time 2015 comes, I'll be a Doctor in Computer Science!

Which means I won't have to spend most of my time working on my thesis/presentation/papers and will be able to dedicate some more time to TPM.

I may even get to write that Battle Range story I've been postponing for so long!

Drago
11th December 2014, 02:51 AM
I'm pretty sure they've been awarded to inactive members before, not to mention random forums and concepts and whatever other shit that aren't actually people on occasion. (And I remember "everyone!")

I pay little attention to this shit in the first place and even I know that man, come on.
Because that's something to be celebrating.

homeofmew
1st January 2015, 11:08 AM
TPM will stand, although I miss the super active days, heck I only visit :D

CaptainJigglypuff
1st January 2015, 11:14 AM
So am I one of the 20 active members? I still come on here but not as much as I have gotten a few more responsibilities recently.

Blademaster
3rd January 2015, 06:21 AM
So am I one of the 20 active members?

Well you posted here. So the answer is probably "Yes.".