PDA

View Full Version : Your music favorites from then until now.

Link
8th January 2015, 01:55 PM
I liked guns n roses, Metallica, pink Floyd, led zeppelin when I was in high school. Now, I mostly listen to the radio, on ktu, power 105.1, and 100.3. The songs on those stations can get you in the mood for anything you want to do in a positive way, of course. What do TPMers listen to?

Oh yeah....I listen to Dave pettigrew, also.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th January 2015, 02:16 PM
One of Hera's bestest threads ever.

I was imposed to Classical music, church choirs and even some Zionist stuff when I was a small kid. Living with my mother, I was resistant against the musical trends of the 90s. But 1997 came, and I learned to listen to videogame music. When I started with the new school in Haapavesi I also started liking the music my classmates liked. I have to confess something, I even had a thing for Spice Girls. However, then I was introduced Metal via Nightwish and Iron Maiden. Soon I moved towards BLIND GUARDIAN \m/ along with a Tolkien affection and it's still my favourite band. Later came anime music anime after anime anime after anime anime after anime anime after anime. And nowadays there are also stuff like Dark Moor, Turisas, Ensiferum, Rhapsody but NOT as big as Blind Guardian.

Link
9th January 2015, 09:00 PM
Im glad you like those types of music, and this thread. :) Where is everyone?

Zak Rodgers
10th January 2015, 03:02 AM
I'm a Heavy Metaller!

My favourites are Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Metallica and Dream Evil.
Other bands/artists I really like (all metal) are Rob Zombie, Trivium, Girlschool, Nazareth, Venom, Fear Factory, Soundgarden, Helloween, Twisted Sister, Dragonforce, Spinal Tap, W.A.S.P and Uriah Heep.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th January 2015, 06:16 AM
Helloween

Kai Hansen makes a guest appearance in a few Blind Guardian pieces.

ZMl0kLMthiM

\m/

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th January 2015, 01:15 AM
My music taste has barely changed over the past decade and a half. I prefer listening to 80s music, my favorites being Men Without Hats, Dire Straits, Genesis, Pe Shop Boys and the likes of Belinda Carlisle.

Katie
11th January 2015, 06:43 PM
In high school/early TPM days I was all about the pop punk, alt rock, and nu-metal-ish stuff. I didn't give pop, country, hiphop, etc a listen because I thought it inferior because that's what you do when you're 14 and asked about music.

Nowadays I have taken the stick out of my ass and enjoy songs from most genres, including Lady Gaga (pop), Sara Bareilles (pop ish?), ZZ Ward (Blues-hiphop), Nickel Creek (bluegrass), Josh Turner (Country), etc. I still discover new rock bands that I love (Muse, Volbeat) and have given a fresh ear to some classics (ZZ Top). Other than a few random songs that I can't get into, I generally am happy to listen to most of what makes it to the radio nowadays.

Oslo
11th January 2015, 11:21 PM
Hipster music then, hipster music now.

PNT510
12th January 2015, 01:10 AM
I use to be into Pop-Punk and indie hipster bullshit. I still listen to a fair amount of that stuff, but I mostly listen to dance and pop music now. Stuff that has a catchy beat.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th January 2015, 05:53 AM
Volbeat

I should perhaps introduce myself to Volbeat. They are Danish ;)