PDA

View Full Version : There's a blizzard coming!

Magmar
25th January 2015, 10:56 AM
Yay blizzard! 24-36" of snow forecast... Holy cow!

Suggestions for snow day things to do? We haven't had one yet this year and I'm single for the first time in several years, so feedback suggested. ;)

Also, I'll probably be playing quite a bit of Pokemon on that note, so if you haven't added me to your DS list, add my # if you choose :) Let me know yours, too, and I'll add you!

Katie
25th January 2015, 12:56 PM
Make a big snowman!!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th January 2015, 07:30 AM
I'm going to buy ski equipment today :)

kurai
26th January 2015, 10:44 AM
read the book "the left hand of darkness"

Lady Vulpix
26th January 2015, 05:36 PM
read the book "the left hand of darkness"

A great book. I approve.

Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I saw the title was "there's a 30% chance that it will miss"?

Anyway, I've never experienced a blizzard. Nor a snowfall for that matter. So I'm afraid I can't be of much help here. What I did the one time we had snow here was take a photo of snow-topped palmtrees and post it online.

Jeff
26th January 2015, 07:07 PM
People in LA with messages for us on the east coast (http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/22-messages-of-hope-from-people-not-stuck-in-blizzard-juno?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.eqOKa9BJM)

“At least it’s not a hurricane!!!”
And we get those too...
and they don't.:bah:

Luckily, this looks like it's mostly going to miss me. We got some light snow this morning, but it was all melted by noon, more is on the way, but not much.

Good luck! As for what to do, you seem to have the right idea with playing some Pokemon.

Blademaster
26th January 2015, 08:23 PM
I was supposed to move in a couple of days. Now I'm going to be stuck here for another week while everyone digs the fucking snow out and repairs the power lines.

Fuck you, God.

Knight of Time
26th January 2015, 08:40 PM
At the rate things are going, I'm going to be caught in this storm tomorrow...and that means I won't get to hang with one of the sweetest women I know (and just for the record guys, she works with me like a co-worker/mentor of sorts).

Roy Karrde
26th January 2015, 10:22 PM
Living in Texas and er.. never experienced a Blizzard other than at the DQ, does this mean there will be a psycho demon walking around a small town while this is happening like this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135659/

Magmar
27th January 2015, 08:11 AM
You know, we're about halfway through the storm. I think the biggest physical challenge is going to be shoveling the snow that's IN the house... (hey landlord! INSULATE THE DAMN APARTMENT.)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2015, 09:50 AM
It was a nice weather to ski here today.

Blademaster
27th January 2015, 02:02 PM
I was supposed to move in a couple of days. Now I'm going to be stuck here for another week while everyone digs the fucking snow out and repairs the power lines.

Fuck you, God.

Aaaaand it was a bust. NYC and Boston may have gotten pounded, but we got all of 4 inches, if that.

Totally worth closing everything.

Jeff
27th January 2015, 05:29 PM
We got a dusting. Had to scrape the ice off my car this morning since it started as rain yesterday then froze overnight. It all melted today though. Guess I can't say the same for New York and New England.