PDA

View Full Version : Guess who moved out!

Blademaster
5th February 2015, 09:40 PM
It was me. I have my own apartment now.

Coincidentally, I'm cripplingly nervous about everything imaginable pertaining to this new lifestyle. Is that normal?

BTPoke
5th February 2015, 10:13 PM
nah, I've been there. I was like that when I first moved into college, but I only had to worry about one room with meals being available at almost all times from my college. I can't imagine how it must be with a full-on apartment.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th February 2015, 10:52 PM
Congratulations on getting an apartment of your own, Blademaster!

In my hometown, some of the places are quite high-priced. Is it cheap or expensive to live up there?

Oslo
5th February 2015, 11:29 PM
Congrats, Blade! I move around a lot and I always find my anxiety highest after my living arrangements have changed. Whenever I fly back to BC after visiting my parents in Ontario for a couple of weeks, I feel like I'm stuck in the wrong place, even though I'm simply returning to my regular routine. It's always a temporary spike and nothing more. Your mind and body will acclimate. If you're in a new town/city, I recommend trying to find your community. Meeting people and filling your time with face-to-face social interaction will help to displace some of that anxiety surrounding your new living arrangements.

Drago
6th February 2015, 05:49 AM
You got this homey, don't stress. Just make sure you have enough money for rent and bills, you'll work out the rest. :yes:

Lady Vulpix
6th February 2015, 02:09 PM
Congratulations, and good luck!

Blademaster
6th February 2015, 03:15 PM
Alright, I guess it's normal to feel this way. Thanks guys.

Is it cheap or expensive to live up there?

This was the cheapest place I could find that wasn't some shithole ghetto apartment. It's still a bit out of my price bracket, though. I need to get a better job... in other words, a job.

Knight of Time
6th February 2015, 03:28 PM
Glad to hear your news Blademaster...any chance you might upload some pics of some of the interior of the place (once things are all set up, that is)?

Blademaster
7th February 2015, 09:20 PM
I dunno. Maybe once it stops being empty and having poorly laid-out furnishings, I might.

DarkestLight
8th February 2015, 09:13 AM
Pffft. Dont need furnishings. I've been in my place for almost 6 months, still don't have anything :D

Dun sweat it. Day by day you'll get acclimated to the fact that its your place....and soon you'll never wanna leave.