PDA

View Full Version : Movies

midnightangel
2nd March 2015, 07:45 AM
I would like to know what movies that all of us on TPM thus far have seen ---whether they've been action movies, or movies that made you think. Don't be shy.....tell us!

I've seen the 'Imitation Game' and 'Theory Of Everything'........Both good movies, but Imitation Game is more believable (In my opinion the lead actor should have won an Oscar)

BUT I mostly sympathized with Turing's character: Turing did everything that would have brought forth peace quiclkly in the free world, but was eventually prosecuted for how he felt as a person. This to me was screwed up.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd March 2015, 12:21 AM
One movie I'd recommend for everyone is Battle Royale. It's a bit violent though. Actually, it's a bit like The Hunger Games but waaayy better. I haven't seen The Hunger Games but I can tell you, Battle Royale was first and it has to be waaayy better.

Dark-San
11th March 2015, 11:39 AM
Battle Royale anytime. Hunger Games series have good reviews but I am reserving my opinions after I finished the entire trilogy.

Imitation game is a good one. A true story too if you do a quick wiki. But Oscar is right. Imitation game is good but never in the leagues of Birdman.

Magmar
11th March 2015, 05:29 PM
I recommend basically anything with Jeeja Yanin for the action film aficionados among us! SO GOOD.