PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

Blademaster
2nd April 2015, 05:17 PM
How does TPM stay in shape? I've got no exercise equipment, nor do I have room for it even if I did, so I just sort of do whatever I can do of my own accord (push-ups, sit-ups, walking/jogging, jumping jacks, etc.). I'm probably not doing nearly enough to make a difference, but hey, it's something.

What do you guys do? Maybe I'll learn something useful from your responses.

Link
3rd April 2015, 06:07 AM
I have weights.

Drago
3rd April 2015, 08:10 AM
I go to the gym and play basketball semi-regularly, though 2015 has been a bit of a lazy year so far for some reason.

Magmar
3rd April 2015, 08:59 AM
I don't listen to just my stomach--I let logic and the rest of my body tell me what I need for nourishment and eat accordingly.

I walk everywhere, too, and sometimes lift and do pushups, situps, etc.

Lady Vulpix
3rd April 2015, 05:13 PM
Yoga and swimming for me. And a walk around the block with my dogs once or twice a day (occasionally 3 times).

Link
3rd April 2015, 05:51 PM
I can bench press 415 lbs.

Heald
4th April 2015, 03:29 AM
I crouch into a ball and vibrate until my body reaches a temperature of 3 million degrees centigrade.

DarkestLight
4th April 2015, 10:34 AM
o.o

So yeah. I do Insanity workouts because I love to punish myself.
There's a bunch of different ones now-so you can tailor your workout routine to what you have time for.

Also the walking, biking, hiking, rock climbing and Ultimate Frisbee helps.

woz
4th April 2015, 06:31 PM
squats

Drago
5th April 2015, 01:33 AM
woz got dat booty

Oslo
5th April 2015, 02:02 AM
Once a week I pop a few bennies and then marathon the hot lava game for seven hours in my bedroom with my cat. That is the secret to my lithe giraffe body.

Heald
5th April 2015, 02:38 AM
I once ate McDonalds twice in the same day.

Jeff
5th April 2015, 01:30 PM
Lifting my food to eat it.

OK, actually, my girlfriend has been talking about getting in shape, so we both got bikes recently, which is good timing with the weather getting warmer.

Link
5th April 2015, 01:46 PM
Lifting my food to eat it.

OK, actually, my girlfriend has been talking about getting in shape, so we both got bikes recently, which is good timing with the weather getting warmer.

I need a bike.

Katie
5th April 2015, 06:27 PM
In order of most frequent use: Elliptical, treadmill, weight machines. ~3-4 times per week, depending on busyness.

Master Rudy
5th April 2015, 09:01 PM
Well I do push ups and sit ups and drink plenty of juice......or was that someone else? :confused:

8zXRk69a7-c

Mr.E
6th April 2015, 06:27 AM
I work a shitty job that requires me to be tirelessly on my feet, moving all directions and picking up light-midweight crap all day, yo.

Link
6th April 2015, 08:04 PM
I can leg press 2850 lbs.

Dark-San
23rd April 2015, 05:54 AM
There is no real immediate need to follow the exercise regime of others. Everything at your own pace. Just remember the key to healthy living is moderation.

The problem is what do you want to start out with? Fantastic body shape? Cardio? Kicking ass?

I don't go gym regularly, so I can't give you legit advice for sculpturing your physic. I do however pride in keeping my body weight constant for the past 5 years despite a drop in my metabolism.

Firstly I do jogs. Not very intensive ones. Just 5km twice or thrice a week.

Secondly I do basic Muay Thai. My lessons are like once or twice a week, until a recent hand injury took me out.

Thirdly I do cycling, covering distance of around 28km.

Like I say you don't have to follow my regime. When I first started out it was just a weekly 5km run, but it eventually became the regime that I followed till 3 months ago.

Most importantly when you are doing it, have fun!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd May 2015, 09:07 PM
I walk very fast, no matter where I'm going.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd May 2015, 06:08 AM
I go to the hospital gym quite often. I feel a lot of less ashamed there than in the city gym.

ChobiChibi
23rd May 2015, 01:19 PM
I'm not allowed to do any exercise that involves heavy impact (I have arthritis in my spine yo), so I swim from time to time :) I also know some very good stretches that help strengthen muscles so that I don't end up crippling myself in the future.

Jeff
23rd May 2015, 10:43 PM
I work a shitty job that requires me to be tirelessly on my feet, moving all directions and picking up light-midweight crap all day, yo.

This.

firepokemon
24th May 2015, 06:19 AM
haha I can't imagine E working.

Well after years of studying towards nothing and gaining a few pounds I somehow ended up in the transport industry late 2013 on nightshift which involved lifting washing machines and other heavy freight. Luckily that got my weight down quite a bit. Now though I got promoted to a dayshift job where half my time is sitting at a desk so I am scared of gaining weight. The other issue is that I am now in my 30s and no matter how much physical work you do, your flabby bits still remain somehow flabby :(

shazza
31st May 2015, 02:55 AM
I lost a lot of weight in 2007 - 28kg. I try to do cardio and strength training but during the winter months - it's winter in Australia tomorrow - it becomes exponentially more difficult. :(