PDA

View Full Version : Why we have Playstation 4 now.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th May 2015, 10:06 PM
Why we have Playstation 4 now. Nope, I don't have it yet :PAnyway, I have a theory. An unoriginal one, perhaps.Sony did do so well during the Japanese console wars. I'm talking about the late 90s.Playstation sold insanely well because the games were so easy to pirate. Unlike with Nintendo 64 modules, all you needed to do was to buy a lot of CDs, and start your own illegal business with your own computer.Of course there were other factors, but this was one.Does anyone agree or disagree?

Dark-San
10th May 2015, 11:05 PM
I don't think so that it is an issue with the piracy. I feel that PS4 is Sony's answer to X-Box One's release.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am not a console peasant. I belonged to the PC Master race.

ChobiChibi
11th May 2015, 04:20 PM
Surely pirated games were BAD for Sony, as they lost money from the sale of legit games.

I have all the current gen consoles, I love them equally.

Blademaster
11th May 2015, 08:25 PM
We have the PS4 because Sony became a fucking juggernaut from the PS1's success and the PS2's INCREDIBLE success. Seriously, I'm pretty sure the PS2 is the best-selling console ever. Sony has no reason to stop selling consoles, so they keep making new ones. It's that simple.

Roy Karrde
29th May 2015, 11:01 AM
Just FYI you can get Unfinished Swan right now for your PS4 for free, if you have PS+

I have to say I do love my PS4 although the gaming drought is really killing me, I was unimpressed last year at e3 and that should have tipped me off this would be a slow year. But Batman Arkham Knight is coming out soon!