PDA

View Full Version : Wow, for once 'Chicago' and 'Sports Dynasty' don't mean Jordan and the 90s Bulls

Pokemaster Ash
15th June 2015, 11:04 PM
The Chicago Blackhawks win their 3rd Stanley Cup in 6 years, and this time they managed to clinch it on home ice in front of the crowds of the United Center. The Dynasty is real (idiot as he may be, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman even admitted it)

Full marks to team Captain Jonathan Toews, the first player he handed the Cup off to is retiring player Kimmo Timonen (who ironically enough was on the ice for the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 when the Blackhawks won the first Cup of their hat trick). Very classy move.

Team Iron Man Duncan Keith wins the Conn Smythe award for his defensive efforts and an insane Time on Ice stat, plus the game-winning goal tonight in Game 6.

What a great season this has been.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
16th June 2015, 08:32 AM
Kimmo Timonen

He, Teuvo Teräväinen and Antti Raanta were the reason why this Stanley Cup result was bigger news than usual in my country.

Drago
18th June 2015, 09:47 AM
Canadian Conn Smythe winners since 1994: 14
Canadian teams to win the Stanley Cup since 1994: 0

And people wonder why we're bitter?

Pokemaster Ash
18th June 2015, 01:05 PM
Well it's certainly not for a lack of trying. I mean, 5 Canadian teams made it into the playoffs this year, they just had the misfortune to play each other in the first round (and the 5th team got the Ducks). By the second round there were only 2 left: Calgary (if I remember right), but they also had the misfortune of playing the Ducks, and the Canadiens, who got the Lightning, and the Lightning seemed to have it in for the entire Original Six until the Blackhawks finally took them down. The Canadiens and Senators definitely have been good lately, I'll admit that. Pretty much the only Canadian team I don't want anywhere near that Cup if the Blackhawks can't get it is Vancouver. Screw those jerks... I'd rather see the Canadiens or Maple Leafs (go Original Six) hoist it instead, especially the Leafs (those poor guys are like the Chicago Cubs of the league, I know their fans were fully behind the Blackhawks when they offed Boston in 2013).

Knight of Time
18th June 2015, 01:44 PM
Personally, I am relieved Chicago won the Stanley Cup this year, for one reason that to me, is bigger than all the rest I could ever name...Brad Richards.

Last year, when he was playing with the New York Rangers, I really wanted his Rangers to win the Cup, considering I wasn't a Kings fan...when they proved to be too much for the Rangers and Brad ended up in Chicago, I had strong hopes he'd win another Stanley Cup after winning it for the first time in 2004, which was coincidentally with the team the Blackhawks beat this year...the Tampa Bay Lightning.

So now that it's confirmed that he is bringing the Stanley Cup back to my home province of Prince Edward Island (I really wish at least one of you guys would pay my province a visit sometime; we're pretty famous for our potatoes, and our red soil), I am psyched to get my picture taken with it for a second time, despite not getting to see it when Adam McQuaid brought it home in the summer of 2011 when his Boston Bruins won the Cup then.

Drago
19th June 2015, 02:04 AM
Pretty much the only Canadian team I don't want anywhere near that Cup if the Blackhawks can't get it is Vancouver. Screw those jerks... I'd rather see the Canadiens or Maple Leafs (go Original Six) hoist it instead, especially the Leafs (those poor guys are like the Chicago Cubs of the league, I know their fans were fully behind the Blackhawks when they offed Boston in 2013).
http://memetogo.com/media/created/alz0uo.jpg

Pokemaster Ash
19th June 2015, 09:21 AM
Canucks fan, I take it? Got nothing against the city personally (though what were they thinking when they rioted when the Canucks lost a couple years ago?), it's just how the team seems to act most of the time (and I'm generally not fond of any team who knocks the Blackhawks out of the playoffs either, so I ain't rooting for the Coyotes or Kings anytime soon either, hell I was laughing my ass off when the Kings didn't even make the playoffs this year considering the refs pretty much gave them the Cup last year)